Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6026  
Unread 09-09-2019, 10:47 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,206
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

David, itís so frustrating to not have a paper of record that isnít completely bought. And to see them still in print when they have been dangerously misleading for decades. Then they act as if conspiracy theories and fake news are shocking when they have been the ones to get the ball rolling.
Any alternative sources you like?

conspiracy theorist - yes, it sounds frightening. The childhood versions are more likely to be marked by fear due to lack of structure or tools.

Reply With Quote
  #6027  
Unread 09-09-2019, 10:55 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,523
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Eisenhower warned us. Too bad he didn't offer a solution.
Reply With Quote
  #6028  
Unread 09-09-2019, 11:01 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,523
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Joni Mitchell's lyric, "....caught in the Devil's bargain" comes to mind.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
passiflora (09-09-2019)
  #6029  
Unread 09-09-2019, 11:05 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Maybe you could cull from other nations who have successfully counteracted propaganda and misinformation. Like the Baltic countries outlined in this report - https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-01-...ic-nations-way
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #6030  
Unread 09-09-2019, 11:09 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
conspiracy theorist - yes, it sounds frightening. The childhood versions are more likely to be marked by fear due to lack of structure or tools.
At the beginning was fear but after a while it became so commonplace that fear turned into observation and curiosity of the mechanics. As a young teen, I knew that if I had heavy sexual fantasies prior to falling asleep that I would surely have a bout of sleep paralysis. I also figured out a breathing technique that would immediately get me out of it, but in recent years the "flow" of energy has changed and it doesn't work anymore. I've also experienced dreams within dreams within dreams when on the knife's edge of waking consciousness. And the phenomena I encounter during sleep paralysis evolves over time so that what I understood when younger no longer applies. Lots of wild ****. I'm sleeping (pun intended) on my skills. I really should go about developing the ability to lucid dream, but I've been focused on other things.
__________________
Epoche

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 09-09-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6031  
Unread 09-09-2019, 11:16 PM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I also had a recent bout where a translucent "hat man" (apparently a well-known entity that crops up for people during sleep paralysis) had a large vacuum for a hand that was siphoning of my energy. During it, I had two thoughts - "This seems to be an auto-suggestive phenomena - what is really happening why this entity cropped up now?" and "Perhaps this entity was constellated around me and it simultaneously entered my purview when I found out about it consciously with a corresponding unconscious meeting. Since these things might not adhere to 'regular time intervals'" It's an interesting problem for me, finding out what the hell is really going on. I've become detached about it over the years.
__________________
Epoche

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 09-09-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6032  
Unread 09-10-2019, 12:10 AM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,206
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I also had a recent bout where a translucent "hat man" (apparently a well-known entity that crops up for people during sleep paralysis) had a large vacuum for a hand that was siphoning of my energy. During it, I had two thoughts - "This seems to be an auto-suggestive phenomena - what is really happening why this entity cropped up now?" and "Perhaps this entity was constellated around me and it simultaneously entered my purview when I found out about it consciously with a corresponding unconscious meeting. Since these things might not adhere to 'regular time intervals'" It's an interesting problem for me, finding out what the hell is really going on. I've become detached about it over the years.
Is he Saturnine, the hat man? Does he belong more to you, to the collective, or to the space in between? Why do you figure sleep paralysis happens after fantasizing before sleep? Do those fantasies delay your sleep or push you between worlds?

I am curious about lucid dreaming, but settle for heightened dreaming. It seems there is so much beyond my awareness that I would not like to close off one of the only reliable avenues for getting through my thick skull.
Reply With Quote
  #6033  
Unread 09-10-2019, 12:53 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Is he Saturnine, the hat man? Does he belong more to you, to the collective, or to the space in between? Why do you figure sleep paralysis happens after fantasizing before sleep? Do those fantasies delay your sleep or push you between worlds?

I am curious about lucid dreaming, but settle for heightened dreaming. It seems there is so much beyond my awareness that I would not like to close off one of the only reliable avenues for getting through my thick skull.
Definitely not of my own dream-making. Here's an article on the phenomena, it seems to something of a modern day myth/archetype. https://www.gaia.com/article/the-sha...eal-phenomenon

The mythological entity that have showed up the most in my dreams over my life were vampires.

At least personally, there is some connection between sexual energy and heightened activity in dream/sleeping states. In times of abstinence dreams increase in vividity and frequency, and they get more mythical the longer I converse energy. On the other hand, proceeding an explosion I can get a very diabolical dream, accompanied by sleep paralysis and the burning of my internals. As a young teen/child the potency of sexual arousal would make the fantasies have "body", similar to what you here magical teachers refer to as the power of visualization. You could say I was partaking in "evocation", inadvertently.

Sounds like you don't want to risk your connection to higher awareness(es). I prefer to push the envelope. Hopefully I don't go insane. There is precedent for that in my family.
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #6034  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:03 AM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,206
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Yeah, well, I'm slightly older now and found that I would push the best-meaning voices aside. Can certainly admit to a fascination when younger with writers who went mad.
Reply With Quote
  #6035  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:09 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Moonkat mentioned a course that she did called "writers on drugs". Unfortunately the universities here are too conventional and unadventurous to do something like that.
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #6036  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:12 AM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
My dad got into it with me, bought a bunch of prisms. He was more into the physics of it--equations and all that boring stuff.
I asked that because it's common for a high school kid to want to adopt a "nerdy" hobby for the luv or (cool factor), especially given that you have so many Aqua placements. So it doesn't seem like you were acting hippy then. Did you feel bored because of Pisces?
Reply With Quote
  #6037  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:14 AM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

@CT do you think it's possible to see dreams in a chart? You did comment on a method of interpreting dreams on a horary thread, but that article you linked to only used birth chart. Can a dream be seen in a horary chart too?
Reply With Quote
  #6038  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:20 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,523
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Moonkat mentioned a course that she did called "writers on drugs". Unfortunately the universities here are too conventional and unadventurous to do something like that.
All of the great literary works were accompanied by tobacco use, beginning with the Elizabethan era, which includes the Shakespearean plays. The dumbing down of America includes the demonization of tobacco.[IMO]
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (09-10-2019)
  #6039  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:20 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
@CT do you think it's possible to see dreams in a chart? You did comment on a method of interpreting dreams on a horary thread, but that article you linked to only used birth chart. Can a dream be seen in a horary chart too?
I certainly think it's possible. There is the standard view of using the house that signifies the quesited (like 9th house for dreams) or you could view the chart holistically to see the "character" of the dream. I don't know which one would be likelier to yield a more accurate answer, perhaps like every other thing in the astrology world it would depend on the skill of the astrologer.
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #6040  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:24 AM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

My first sleep paralysis was when I was about 10. I dreamed of having the worst blocked nose ever. It was so bad that it would be absurd irl. Nevertheless, it felt real in the dream and I thought I was dying. Then the next thing I knew, I suddenly breathed out and woke up. I realized I was holding my breath during sleep. Since then the same formula happened occasionally. Only this time I don't have blocked nose anymore. The dreams are much more sinister. Usually I would be involved in a prank and someone would sit on my chest or cover my face with a pillow. And I would struggle to break free. The scariest thing is that when I struggle I can feel my physical body in the real world, but my mind is still stuck in the dream. It's like I'm stuck between two worlds, and I'm completely aware that I'm dreaming, but I just can't get my body to move in the real world. Once I could even hear my family calling my name in the real world, and I tried to call them back, but my mouth was covered in the dream and I couldn't utter a word.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini888 For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (09-10-2019)
  #6041  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:25 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,523
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
I asked that because it's common for a high school kid to want to adopt a "nerdy" hobby for the luv or (cool factor), especially given that you have so many Aqua placements. So it doesn't seem like you were acting hippy then. Did you feel bored because of Pisces?
No. It was because my whole family was heavily Earth-sign, mostly Taurus. I used the prisms to create rainbows in my room, which cheered me up. I guess I was addicted to the light-show color displays I was able to create.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (09-10-2019), passiflora (09-11-2019)
  #6042  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:29 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,523
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I certainly think it's possible. There is the standard view of using the house that signifies the quesited (like 9th house for dreams) or you could view the chart holistically to see the "character" of the dream. I don't know which one would be likelier to yield a more accurate answer, perhaps like every other thing in the astrology world it would depend on the skill of the astrologer.
I can't help wondering what rahu would say about your tumultuous dream-life. Nodes and Vertices would undoubtedly be involved, along with who-knows-what else. Did you ever get a reading from him?
Reply With Quote
  #6043  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:33 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I can't help wondering what rahu would say about your tumultuous dream-life. Nodes and Vertices would undoubtedly be involved, along with who-knows-what else. Did you ever get a reading from him?
Ironically, he was the first person to read my chart on here. It's also funny, because I think I'm the only person to which his response was like, "With x and y placement, you should know already." His MO seems to be to dump reams of his "unique astrology" unto the heads of who is reading, but not me. When the thread was bumped in recent times, rahu realized that he did a reading for me, and subsequently deleted the **** out of it, hahahaha.

Neptune/Uranus conjunction squares my nodes etc
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
david starling (09-10-2019)
  #6044  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:34 AM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Scott Fitzgerald makes a good example of writer gone mad.

If you want to go further than writing, Kurt Cobain and Van Gosh are good too.
Reply With Quote
  #6045  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:35 AM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Ironically, he was the first person to read my chart on here. It's also funny, because I think I'm the only person to which his response was like, "With x and y placement, you should know already." His MO seems to be to dump reams of his "unique astrology" unto the heads of who is reading, but not me. When the thread was bumped in recent times, rahu realized that he did a reading for me, and subsequently deleted the **** out of it, hahahaha.

Neptune/Uranus conjunction squares my nodes etc
Your Sag placements at play here? Sag is quite notorious for honesty.
Reply With Quote
  #6046  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:37 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Your Sag placements at play here? Sag is quite notorious for honesty.
Not sure I'm capturing your meaning
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #6047  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:39 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

He was not about to be duped by an illuminati operative
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #6048  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:40 AM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Not sure I'm capturing your meaning
I mean the rahu thing may have something to do with your Sag placements. Your Sag planets touching him could have provoked him to say what he really thought instead of relying on his worldly interpretation.
Reply With Quote
  #6049  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:41 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,523
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Forcing parents to submit their children to poisonous injections sounds like an alien species of vipers, posing as humans, have taken control of the government.
Reply With Quote
  #6050  
Unread 09-10-2019, 01:41 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
I mean the rahu thing may have something to do with your Sag placements. Your Sag planets touching him could have provoked him to say what he really thought instead of relying on his worldly interpretation.
Oh, I see. I'm sure our synastry was shitty from day one, based on how things developed.
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.