Moon-Mars in Aspect

aquarius7000

Hi,

Using this as a research thread specifically to understand how the coming together of these two energies plays itself out.

Moon and Mars in conjunction will perhaps be the strongest in terms of influence, as compared to an opposition, so if you have a conjunction, it will be especially interesting to hear about how it plays out.

Mars and Moon are quite opposite in their roles and attributes. The Moon is one that nurtures, calms and helps in emotional and mental growth. Why mental, is because the Moon has the power to make the mind firm or wavering, receptive and responsive to unresponsive and resistant. On the whole, it helps a person maintain a mental and emotional equilibrium, which, in turn, affects the physiological and physical self.

Mars, on the other hand, is related to physical energy, but also a 'working up' of the mind and emotions (esp. with the involvement of the Moon). It is know for physical strength.

When in combination, Mars can really have an agitating, irritable, nerve-wrecking and strained effect on the Moon making the native easily nervous and stressed, as well as even have panic attacks. This could lead to more dire consequences if unchecked and depending on the rest of the chart.

Mars-Moon together can get together to fight for a cause. If that will really be translated into action, or just remain in an agitated mental state will depend on other placements.

I hope that is enough fodder for you to contribute to the thread.

helike13

I have a tight Mars trine Moon. Moon in Cancer right on the ASC and Mars conjunct Saturn in Scorpio 5th house.

I don't feel that trine (talent) in my personality....

aquarius7000

I have a tight Mars trine Moon. Moon in Cancer right on the ASC and Mars conjunct Saturn in Scorpio 5th house.

I don't feel that trine (talent) in my personality....
Hi,

You have nice cool Cancer Moon.

In my books, trine is not equal to talent per se. Trine means that the energies of the two planets support each other.

I have a Moon-Mars conj., which means the energies are in 'fusion' and whether the two planets like each other or not, they are sort of forced to work with each other (conjunction, well).

Frisiangal

Hi,
Mars and Moon are quite opposite in their roles and attributes. The Moon is one that nurtures, calms and helps in emotional and mental growth. Why mental, is because the Moon has the power to make the mind firm or wavering, receptive and responsive to unresponsive and resistant. On the whole, it helps a person maintain a mental and emotional equilibrium, which, in turn, affects the physiological and physical self.

Mars, on the other hand, is related to physical energy, but also a 'working up' of the mind and emotions (esp. with the involvement of the Moon). It is know for physical strength.

When in combination, Mars can really have an agitating, irritable, nerve-wrecking and strained effect on the Moon making the native easily nervous and stressed, as well as even have panic attacks. This could lead to more dire consequences if unchecked and depending on the rest of the chart.

Mars-Moon together can get together to fight for a cause. If that will really be translated into action, or just remain in an agitated mental state will depend on other placements.

Hi,
There are different psychological theories regarding what comes and acts first in human complexity; feeling or thought.
Your description from the astrological p.o.v reads as if you may prescribe to the first idea.
Astrologically speaking, this infers Moon or Mercury coming first.

Yet it is said that the Moon RE acts without active forethought in and through its automatic response mechanism. For moon to apply a mental WITH emotional equilibrium, there would have to be an aspect from Mercury in the equation, OR a possible influence from the abstract mentality AIR signs?
In its simplest form: To describe what I mean I use the analogy of the response to feeling (Moon) pain from pricking a finger (Mars) is automatically followed by the word (Mercury) 'ow'. A person whose finger is pricked does not think 'ow' first and then feel the pain :smile:

Or have I been looking at this incorrectly?

A Moon-Mercury-Mars aspect is not the same and does not work as a Moon-Mars without Mercury influence.

With Moon-Mars aspects, wouldn't there also be the feminine-ruled 'feeling' versus masculine-ruled 'activity' to take into account?
Wouldn't the signs in which the aspects occur make all the difference?

Would your line of thought of Moon-Mars work differently if the mental influence were to be removed from it?

:smile:

Frisiangal

A few Moon-Mars ideas.

Feeling (Moon) and Strength in action (Mars)= strength of feeling.
Taking immediate action (Mars) versus feeling (Moon) regarding it.
Temperamental.
Moody (Moon) versus anger (Mars)
Strong active (Mars) imagination (Moon),
Quick (Mars) to take offence (reaction Moon),
Reflection (Moon) upon active nature (in self or others),
Competitive/winning nature (Mars) towards others (Moon), and/or
Me First (Aries) attitude with others (Moon),
Arousal (Mars) of feelings (Moon),
Strength or weakness (Mars) of/in (showing) feelings (Moon),

Feelings towards and regarding Maternal relationship.

etc.etc.

:smile:

JUPITERASC

Hi,

Using this as a research thread specifically to understand how the coming together of these two energies plays itself out.

Moon and Mars in conjunction will perhaps be the strongest in terms of influence, as compared to an opposition, so if you have a conjunction, it will be especially interesting to hear about how it plays out.

I hope that is enough fodder for you to contribute to the thread.
MARS HAS MULTIPLE SIGNIFICATIONS :smile:
therefore
Mars actions when in aspect with any planet
varies
dependent on the nature of the aspect
as well as on the nature of the planet in aspect

some basic info on Mars:

Mars completes 42 sidereal cycles and 37 synodic cycles with 79 years.
It has retreating arcs of 16 degrees for 72 days.
Mars is burning and drying, malefic, masculine and nocturnal. Pyroeis makes those born under him red and white in complexion, tall, robust, gray-eyed, with thick hair, somewhat curly, having excess of hot and dry when morning rising, and red, of middle height, with small eyes, not much hair on the body, straight yellow hair, having excess of dry when evening rising, and in general, natural, grim, resourceful, passionate, drinking, turbulent, relentless, challenging and confident. Mars controls force, wars, robbery, screams, violence, the loss of property, whoring, banishment, exile, alienation from parents, captivity, corruption of women, abortions, sexual intercourse, the loss of good things, lies, vain hopes, violent theft, banditry, plundering, disputes between friends, wrath, fighting, verbal abuse, hatred, lawsuits, shouting, violent murder, slashing and bloodshed, attacks of fever, boils, burns, imprisonment, torture, courage, false oaths, wandering, decoration of clothing, excelling at villainy, those who work with fire and iron, artisans, masons, leadership, military service, high-ranking officers, soldiers, supremacists, hunting, wine, falling from heights and four-footed animals, poor vision, apoplexy and falling on the back, the muscular system, the urinary system, the lower gastrointestinal tract, weapons, iron, reddish colours and acid tastes. It is chronocrator over late adulthood up to the 56th year.

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

JUPITERASC

MOON HAS MULTIPLE SIGNIICATIONS :smile:

therefore
generalisation
regarding influence of MOON when in aspect with MARS
leads to unreliable delineation
and so

at all times necessary to examine the individual chart
in order to delineate reliably

for beginners - some info on MOON is as follows:

Moon completes sidereal cycles with 27.32166 days and anomalistic cycles with 27.55454 days.
Ascending Node completes retreating sidereal cycles with 18.61295 years.
Moon is moistening and moderately heating, benefic, feminine and nocturnal. Moon makes those born under her white, with fine figure, beautiful eyes, having excess of moist. Moon controls life, light, kingship, the household, high priesthood, affluence, gathering of the masses, foresight, the body, travel, fortune, appearance, outcomes, possessions, cohabitation, housekeeping, gains and expenditures, cities, assemblies, ships, the mother and the conception, the respiratory system, the upper gastrointestinal tract, the eyesight, especially the left eye, glass and reflection, silver, white colours and salty tastes. It is chronocrator over infancy up to the 4th year.

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf

aquarius7000

Hi,
There are different psychological theories regarding what comes and acts first in human complexity; feeling or thought.
Your description from the astrological p.o.v reads as if you may prescribe to the first idea.
Astrologically speaking, this infers Moon or Mercury coming first.

Yet it is said that the Moon RE acts without active forethought in and through its automatic response mechanism. For moon to apply a mental WITH emotional equilibrium, there would have to be an aspect from Mercury in the equation, OR a possible influence from the abstract mentality AIR signs?
In its simplest form: To describe what I mean I use the analogy of the response to feeling (Moon) pain from pricking a finger (Mars) is automatically followed by the word (Mercury) 'ow'. A person whose finger is pricked does not think 'ow' first and then feel the pain :smile:

Or have I been looking at this incorrectly?

A Moon-Mercury-Mars aspect is not the same and does not work as a Moon-Mars without Mercury influence.

With Moon-Mars aspects, wouldn't there also be the feminine-ruled 'feeling' versus masculine-ruled 'activity' to take into account?
Wouldn't the signs in which the aspects occur make all the difference?

Would your line of thought of Moon-Mars work differently if the mental influence were to be removed from it?:smile:

You make some valid points there. Moon certainly, when it comes to activity - REsponds. What I meant was the emotions are part and parcel of us. They need a trigger and until then might remain dormant, but they are a big part of us.

I will respond more in depth later when I have time, but just wanted to REspond at least briefly now :)

aquarius7000

MARS HAS MULTIPLE SIGNIFICATIONS :smile:
therefore
Mars actions when in aspect with any planet
varies
dependent on the nature of the aspect
as well as on the nature of the planet in aspect

some basic info on Mars:
And here we are studying, in particular, Mars' aspect with the Moon.

Frisiangal

Re: Moon-Mars in Aspect
Quote:
Phoenix the Elder wrote:
my daughter turned 34 because she got sick, sickness will do that when the personal moon is involved. That sickness awakened her to her inner moon and how stressful her mars has made her life, and that life is too short to project everything onto everyone else (she became aware, can't heal anything we are not aware of)

This was one of the first lessons from which I learnt in how the Moon REacts to situations, when my first teacher taught that, 'You cannot blame another for how you feel. It's YOUR response to how you experience a situation.

Obviously there are bendings to such an idea. If someone else is responsible for any Mars accident that befalls me, I have every right to not only feel but also BE very angry in my outer expression of Spirit towards their action.
A difference between Moon and Sun traits ?

It's astrologically significant that Moon is so often the underlying factor when physical dis-orders occur.

Last edited: