thread number one.

aquarius7000

Hey INT,

I always had a feeling that you were a pioneer, a ground-breaker of some sort.;)

I haven't dabbled much in Chinese Astrology, as Vedic Astrology is what I am trying to follow a bit (quite like it), so don't want to get over-ambitious.:D However, for those interested in some background and the basics of
zipu.gif
Astrology, here's what our friend, Wiki, has to say: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_astrology. Should your appetite be whetted, there are some links to other sources, too towards the end of the wiki-page.

;)AQ7

piercethevale

...how'd ya like to be me...a Snake with a Scorpio Asc?

...I often have to remind myself of what Grant Lewi and his description of My Taurus Sun/Aquarius Moon combo said..."Be as wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove."

piercethevale

companion in life.

the chinese concept of the companion in life does not refer to another person, but rather to an inner person within an individual. This inner companion acts as a guide, guardian or devil's advocate. your companion in life is determined by your hour of birth. Every two-hour slot of the day is governed by one of the 12 animals.

after referring to the table, do not assume, however, that this means that you have the attributes of both the animal signs. instead, your companion in life modifies the traits of your animal sign. for example, tigers are usually reckless and unpredictable people. A tiger whose inner companion is the ox, however, will be more stable than would otherwise be expected.

if a person has the same animal sign and inner companion, then they have the potential to balance the negative and positive aspects if their character.

11pm - 1am - Rat
1am - 3am - Ox
3am - 5am - Tiger
5am - 7am - Rabbit
7am - 9am - Dragon
9am - 11am - Snake
11am - 1pm - Horse
1pm - 3pm - Goat
3pm - 5pm - Monkey
7pm - 9pm - Dog
9pm - 11 pm - Pig.

you can also consider your chinese astrological signs in conjunction with your western astrological sun sign, to add dimension.

written from collins gem chinese astrology book.

...you forgot 5pm - 7pm...when I was born...

aquarius7000

INT,

My
zipu.gif
sign is a Tiger (matches well with my Leo Asc per Western Astro;)).

So, we are now a party of a dog, a snake and a tiger in the Chinese jungle.

:DAQ7

smilingsteph

I am a horse.....
I also look like one....
On my avatar!!!

How interesting...

Says that the horse is closest to resemble the sign of Gemini...which is my sun sign, so it is fitting...

Last edited:

C0rnholio

I am a (water) Ox. This goes well with the Saturn on my MC. I like to work.

The Chinese sign compatibility is almost like the western one. There are 12 signs. Those that "trine" or "conjunct" are the best. Those that sextile are okay. Those that opposite seem to be very attractive, but should be avoided at all cost.

There is also one sign that is also very compatible, even though it does not "trine". For the Ox it's the Rat. And one sign that is also very incompatible. For the Ox it's the Horse.

The best book that I read on how the Chinese signs combine with the Western signs is Suzanne White's "The New Astrology".

In my experience, the Chinese Astrology goes much deeper into the person's psyche than the Western. It does not describe much details, but the bigger and deeper picture, the world's view and the attitudes towards life it describes very well.

Last edited:

piercethevale

I am a horse.....
I also look like one....
On my avatar!!!

How interesting...

Says that the horse is closest to resemble the sign of Gemini...which is my sun sign, so it is fitting...

...Really? I always thought that Sags. looked equinine like...but then again, Gemini is the 'Mirror" of Sag....hmmmm....

...and Cornholio...love that new avatar! ...is that Beevis or the other guy?

C0rnholio

...Really? I always thought that Sags. looked equinine like...but then again, Gemini is the 'Mirror" of Sag....hmmmm....

Turns out there are indeed similarities between the Chinese and the Western signs:

Rat - Sagittarius
Ox - Capricorn
Tiger - Aquarius
Rabbit - Pisces
Dragon - Aries
Snake - Taurus
Horse - Gemini
Sheep - Cancer
Monkey - Leo
Rooster - Virgo
Dog - Libra
Pig - Scorpio

Oh wow! Did you notice the pattern?!!

http://www.dsexls.com/astrology-chinese-astrology-and-horoscope.html

...and Cornholio...love that new avatar! ...is that Beevis or the other guy?
Thanks! This is Beavis as The Great Cornholio here. Beavis can be really nice, so maybe he indeed has a Libra Ascendant. Him and I share the sense of humor, and we both like to SHOCK people (Mars opp. Uranus). :eek: But his Sun sign, according to his creator Mike Judge, is a Virgo because "it's the sign of people who have never done it". He is also usually tense and nervous.

piercethevale

Thanks! This is Beavis as The Great Cornholio here. Beavis can be really nice, so maybe he indeed has a Libra Ascendant. Him and I share the sense of humor, and we both like to SHOCK people (Mars opp. Uranus). :eek: But his Sun sign, according to his creator Mike Judge, is a Virgo because "it's the sign of people who have never done it". He is also usually tense and nervous.

...Yikes!...my mom is a Virgo with Libra rising...

...and as I'm a Taurus Snake...then...I'm some sort of double Taurus?

Last edited:

C0rnholio

...Yikes!...my mom is a Virgo with Libra rising...

...and as I'm a Taurus Snake...then...I'm some sort of double Taurus?
My mom is the inverse of yours, a Libra with Virgo rising. She is too nice and has no life of her own.

I guess you are a double Taurus.
FYI, Snakes are a very respectable sign in the Chinese Zodiac. Very wise.

Last edited:

soulblazer

Yeah I read about the chinese equivalents of the western signs a while ago. I'm a Dragon (like Aries) and libra sun and moon, talk about opposites! Dragon making little ole' Libra whacky.:whistling: