Poems

dr. farr

Yes, but since I got an unfavorable indication I didn't post it (in these types of questions I do not like to post negative responses) However, since you "asked again" for input, the following (based on my alternative, non-standard, horary approach) is my delineation (hopefully proven to be inaccurate!!)

-querent = 1st house = Capricorn = Saturn significator
-the people judging the contest = 7th house = Cancer
-certainly the querent's significator, Saturn, is strong: in 10th (whole sign) house of honors, posited in its exaltation sign of Libra; quite + testimonies
-although Moon flows away from Saturn, its about to enter the querent's house (1st house)-an auspicious testimony; however, the Moon's new sign will be its detriment, so this tarnishes the + testimony of Moon-into-querent's house, considerably
-however (from my perspective in following the Ankara horary "rules" of interpretation) in finding the South Node (Dragon's Tail) positing the signifying sign of the quesited (the 7th house: judges deciding on who wins the contest), this means a "no" (unfavorable outcome) answer to the question, regardless of the promise shown by querent's significator (Saturn)

dr. farr

First, I wish you best fortune in your various competitions!

Remember that my approach to horary is an alternative one, based mostly on the Ankara (Old Turksih) oral tradition I learned about back in the 1970's, with some connection also to the older Arabic horary authorities; my approach is different in many respects from standard horary practice, which is the reason why I start all of my horary delineations with a disclairmer to that effect (such as above where I mentioned my alternative, non-standard horary approach in my second sentence)

However, since I had previously made a thorough study of traditionalist horary prior to adopting my current methodology, I'll try to answer your questions within the traditionalist-horary context:
-the 3rd house (communications) probably would not be considered (because the poem is a literary creation rather than a "communication" as such) but the 5th would-because the poem in a real sense represents a "creation" or "child" of yours; 5th house would be of considerable significance in a question such as this
-the 10th house-honors and success-would be the most important in this specific question (in my understanding of traditionalist horary), probably followed by the 5th; the 9th house (judges of the contest) also would have a claim for significance
-the 7th house-which I used as primary because it relates to the people who will make the decision on who wins the competition-probably would not be accorded much significance in traditionalist horary evaluation of a question about winning a competition (but both the Ankara tradition and early Arabic authorities would have-as I did-put the primary emphasis on the "other people"-7th house-whose "yea" or "nay" will decide the outcome of the question)
-traditionalist horary (and including my alternative approach) does not take account of the outer planets (note: once in a while under special circumstances I will make an exception and include one or more of the outers)
-the horary chart is not delineated like a natal, nor indeed even like an event or mundane chart; by and large, only the significator planets (and the Moon, if not already a significator) are taken into account in delineating the answer to the horary question (stars too, sometimes, if conjunct/parallel significators or the ascending degree of the chart; Lunar nodes also, under similar conditions of conjunction or parallel with significators)

I did not take a look at the 5th house, and not really much of a consideration of the 10th house either, in your chart, because, finding the South Node (Dragon's Tail) in the signifying house of the people who will decide on who wins and who loses this competition (ie, the 7th house), I followed the Ankara tradition in which this finding (South Node) ALWAYS indicates a "no" (unfavorable) answer to the horary matter, regardless of any and all other testimonies (even if they all were +) found in the reference chart; this Ankara "rule" is NOT found (or followed) in standard horary practice: finding the South Node in the 7th house would have been regarded-in standard horary practice-as merely one of several testimonies to be considered when coming to a final delineation of this matter.

Last edited: