Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 09-12-2011, 04:54 PM

Re: Are Virgo Risings unattractive?

Mantis, with your sun in the 7th house conjunct your DC, being in a permanent relationship is very important to you, whether you are in one or not. Other people might relax more about not having a relationship, but not you. This is aggravated by the fact that Venus, your femininity/female sexuality is really the only planet making a major aspect to your sun, and she's conjunct your DC as well. I think these explain your feelings more than your Virgo rising.

As the old song goes, "You can't hurry love, you just have to wait. Love don't come easy, it's a game of give and take...." In the meantime, see if you can find positive outlets for your 7th house sun: one-on-one sports like tennis, especially given your sun sextile to Mars might be beneficial.

Oh, and join a good Internet dating web site, if you haven't already.

More on gorgeous Virgo rising women later.....

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 09-12-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Unread 09-12-2011, 06:05 PM

I want your complete birth details to get chart by Indian method.
Unread 09-13-2011, 03:00 PM

If Virgo rising was unattractive and unsexy, then the northern hemisphere would be much less populated than the southern one, seeing as Virgo is the commonest rising sign in that part of the world.
Unread 07-22-2018, 05:51 PM

I know this is super old, but I am a Cancer Rising with Venus in the first house as well as Venus conjunct the ascendant.
Unread 09-14-2018, 05:12 AM

Virgo rising is about as ugly as it gets. Just look at Lyndon Johnson: big ol' nose, floppy ears just like his Basset Hound.
Unread 09-15-2018, 03:00 AM

No way! I think a badly aspected mars ruling ascendant or conjunct ascendant can bring the ugly. Virgo rising mostly lends an earthy, youthful vibe.
Unread 09-15-2018, 03:09 AM

Btw...Marlene Dietrich, Uma Thurman, Audrey Tautou, Helen Hunt...
Unread 09-22-2018, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Virgo rising is about as ugly as it gets. Just look at Lyndon Johnson: big ol' nose, floppy ears just like his Basset Hound.
this isn't serious, right hahaha?

So teach, teacher. You have to teach.

~ https://www.moonplutoastrology.com/"
Unread 09-22-2018, 02:42 AM

i totally wouldn't base attractiveness just on the rising sign. Genetics plays the largest factor, and sexiness can come in the form of confidence, how a person carries themselves, intense inner tensions like squares is a big one for sexiness i suppose, and the energies they give off sometimes by aspects to the ascendant.

So teach, teacher. You have to teach.

~ https://www.moonplutoastrology.com/"
Unread 09-22-2018, 02:49 AM

Marion Coutillard, Brooke Shields, Julie Delpy,..quite a few classic beauties too. Nah, we good
Sarah Paulson..unconventionally attractive. Well it's more of a personality thing, but we still good
Unread 11-25-2018, 07:30 AM

I think virgo risings are quite attractive
Unread 11-25-2018, 02:21 PM

While each sign or planet combination will have it's own style, you can't really say one is attractive and one isn't, that will probably depend more on bad aspects which cause disharmony or challenges.

But it's like with physical attraction, there is a standard of beauty and that is
e.g.
jawlines and higher cheekbones with sunken cheeks are attractive, fat cheeks and double chins are not
straight teeth are attractive, crooked teeth are not

the attractive side demonstrates better health and facial musculature whereas the unattractive side demonstrates poor habits and musculature

So, healthy virgo rising and whatever other planetary placement = attractive
and an unhealthy virgo rising, maybe one that has bad aspects, which can sometimes be a challenge to overcome (think of the ugly person in school who transforms into someone beautiful as an adult) can possibly mean unattractiveness.

Now after that, the eye of the beholder lies within that healthy sample
i.e. of these healthy virgo risings, or healthy pisces risings, or healthy mars and saturn in capricorns... what style do you like?

Difficulties in attracting people, that can be another thing which may have nothing at all to do with how attractive you are. It could be about beliefs etc.
Virgo being typically seen as the perfectionist sign, can help lend to the 'why' of why someone would experience difficulties in attracting. Pisces rising on the other hand, if they found it difficult to attract someone, could have something partly to do with being escapist and not facing responsibilities of having to date etc.
Unread 11-25-2018, 02:24 PM

Oh also i recently saw Madonna's chart, she was virgo rising. You can tell she likes to be meticulous with taking care of her appearance, a Virgo trait. Being an artist she does like to add that touch of glamour and illusion though which helps her to be more venusian. With Virgo being an earth sign there's no reason why it would find it difficult to be venusian. It's not just nit pickiness but mainly sincerity that virgo is concerned with. To make something wholesome is to ensure the vessel is fit for purpose and a clean channel through which higher spiritual wisdom can become tangibly served.
Unread 11-25-2018, 05:58 PM

I think there’s been a lot of speculation over the years that Madonna’s rising sign is not Virgo. I personally can not see how Virgo rising is possible...
Unread 11-25-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsareround View Post
I think there’s been a lot of speculation over the years that Madonna’s rising sign is not Virgo. I personally can not see how Virgo rising is possible...
Yeah, i was confused about Sun etc in the 12th house Leo at first
On the other hand it does seem to be good for constantly changing your looks because it highlights a diminishment of 'me' when there's many faces/masks one puts on for show business

It could just be the planets in virgo that i'm seeing in some of her vibe rather than ascendent but i still think it's possible, i feel like she could be naturally virgo underneath but uses her work to let go leo style, virgo is good for learning dance routines etc. and being specific in her work which i feel is an energy she approaches her work and life with, ascendent style
Unread 11-25-2018, 07:36 PM

I think a general consensus is that she’s likely Aquarius rising.
Unread 11-26-2018, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsareround View Post
I think a general consensus is that she’s likely Aquarius rising.
Right on. That ASC guessing thread took me to examine a bunch of her photos - eyes, forehead, bone structure. And the theorized chart on astro.com. Behavior is just icing on the cake.

She's Aqua rising. Likely with Uranus in Leo oppose Ascendant, that would makes her chart ruler Saturn in the 10th.
Unread 11-29-2018, 06:06 PM

In your second post on this thread you say you are 22. But your "profile" says you are 29. So....what is this about? Are you asking for another person?
LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Unread 12-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisReligiosa View Post
according to astrotheme, Alizee has Venus conjunct her AC..all the women I know with Venus conjunct AC are men-magnets.

Even the men with Venus-AC conjunctions are generally seen as attractive, although, in a man's case, it gives a touch of femininity to the physical features-think Jude Law, or Paul Newman.

Anyway, there should be a separate place in the zodiac for those with a Venus-AC conjunction, because they are unfairly gorgeous. I know two women who have this, and they're the types that men can fall for at first sight, because they're so gorgeous.
Just think Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz, or Lauren Bacall, who all have this aspect..Lauren Bacall is also a Virgo Rising, I think.

But it's funny to note that even among the Venus-AC types, Virgo Risings will come across as the fussiest..like Lauren Bacall, who had this aura of arrogance about her.
Angelina and Cameron are Cancer Risings.

is this also with a Venus trine AC (about 6 degrees)?
Unread 09-15-2019, 07:12 PM

Virgo rising?
Definitely unattractive as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIsFkkJ17Os
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29cGux-rm3k
Unread 09-15-2019, 08:31 PM

Wink Re: Are Virgo Risings unattractive?

It all depends on not just rising alone: sun sign, moon sign and perhaps the ruler planet on the natal chart, to determine their beauty both outer and inner. Virgo rising with their Mercury in Pisces indicates a really nice, intelligent and compassionate person, same with Cancer rising and Moon in Aquarius (that's me). I also have a Mercury in Pisces with Sun in Aquarius, but a Virgo rising can be of any sun and moon sign, there's more to know in their natal charts.
Unread 09-15-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
It all depends on not just rising alone: sun sign, moon sign and perhaps the ruler planet on the natal chart, to determine their beauty both outer and inner. Virgo rising with their Mercury in Pisces indicates a really nice, intelligent and compassionate person, same with Cancer rising and Moon in Aquarius (that's me). I also have a Mercury in Pisces with Sun in Aquarius, but a Virgo rising can be of any sun and moon sign, there's more to know in their natal charts.
You are probably right

I take long breaks away from astrology so I def can't call myself an expert but the astrology I do know know is from personal experience.
Having said that,
one's appearance depends on genes firstly and if the stars do affect us those genes may be influenced by rising sign, the sign the ascendant ruler is in and moon sign (for women).
CapAquaPis you are a cancer rising with asc ruler = moon in aquarius. With your sun also in aqua I'm guessing you probably have Aquarian - cancerian traits.
I noticed that in your signature you have the symbol of the sun in aqua and also sun in capricorn. Is that a mistake or are you using both tropical and sidereal?
Unread 09-15-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
You are probably right

I take long breaks away from astrology so I def can't call myself an expert but the astrology I do know know is from personal experience.
Having said that,
one's appearance depends on genes firstly and if the stars do affect us those genes may be influenced by rising sign, the sign the ascendant ruler is in and moon sign (for women).
CapAquaPis you are a cancer rising with asc ruler = moon in aquarius. With your sun also in aqua I'm guessing you probably have Aquarian - cancerian traits.
I noticed that in your signature you have the symbol of the sun in aqua and also sun in capricorn. Is that a mistake or are you using both tropical and sidereal?
In sidereal, my Sun is in 1 degrees Aquarius, too close to Capricorn. And in tropical, the sun is 26 and a half degrees, getting relatively close to Pisces. There's a good deal of Capricornian and Piscean energies affecting my Aquarius sun and the conjunct moon in 20 degrees is ruled by my ascendant sign.
Unread 09-16-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
In sidereal, my Sun is in 1 degrees Aquarius, too close to Capricorn. And in tropical, the sun is 26 and a half degrees, getting relatively close to Pisces. There's a good deal of Capricornian and Piscean energies affecting my Aquarius sun and the conjunct moon in 20 degrees is ruled by my ascendant sign.
Aquarian energy is quite interesting. Makes people independent and not clingy.

Which house system have you found works better for you?
Unread 09-17-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
Aquarian energy is quite interesting. Makes people independent and not clingy.

Which house system have you found works better for you?
I take validity in tropical, but when astronomy is used, sidereal has more correct placements of planets in my natal chart. I've knew Virgo ascendants who don't fit the Virgo personality, they seem to come off a Leo. Or are they a cusp (29' Leo-1' Virgo), but they vary greatly based on their sun and moon signs.
chris10 (09-17-2019)

Tags
risings, unattractive, virgo