Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Medical Astrology

Medical Astrology Astrological diagnoses and other health issues are discussed here. Given that there are so many outer and inner influences on one's health (alimentation, sports, medication, past medical antecedents, state of mind, etc.), an astrological diagnosis is only one of many things to consider when determining your healthiness.

Unread 12-03-2014, 03:28 AM

Re: Weight problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
You can look at the astrology of weight gain and learn a lot of insight on how hard it is for certain people.

But the bottom line in my experience is that everyone who gains weight doesn't keep a calorie diary. Everyone that I have ever run into has simply no idea how many calories they consume a day.

Losing weight is simple. You simply have to consume less calories than you expend in everyday living.

Online, there are multiple descriptions of the appropriate number of carlies you have to consume per day to lose weight for particular ages and body types. You ahve to stay on these guidelines EVERY DAY. If your magic number is 1400, then you must make sure that you don't exceed 1500, nor fall below 1300 per day. Exercise will help, but in the long run its simple the calories.

Low Carb diets will make it easier to make the numbers since they tend to reduce appetite.

You also need to drink enough fluid. /the fluid cannot be anything that has caffiene in it. Water or herbal teas are recommended, and everyone should consume at least 48 ounces of it per day.

Consume the water, make your calorie number, and walk for 15 - 30 minutes everyday. Unless you have some weird medical condition, you will lose weight.

Again.... 95% of people who complain about weight gain simply have no idea the exact number of calories that they are consuming each and every day. You must keep a written tally every time you eat anything, so at the end of the day, between your last mean and bed time, you can add more if you are too far down.
Yup. Im currently pushing 50kg of babies in a pram for walks - 30 mins 2-3 times every day. Lots of lifting the kids. My eating day is usually like this (diabetes stlye) Breakfast - a quarter rockmelon or a capsicum or two carrots, or two slices bread. Lunch - 1 cucumber. Dinner - any kind of lean meat the size of the palm of my hand with half a plate of salad and sometimes ill have a quarter plate of pasta or potato. And my gosh the weight still isn't shifting, so there must be something wrong with me then. I've been eating and exercising like this for 4 wks and have only lost 1 kg. 10 more kilos to go!

Last edited by Abby83; 12-03-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Unread 12-03-2014, 03:31 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Quote "everyday i struggle between wanting to look good naked and treat yourself" The struggle is real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6m_Fq6dsIo
Unread 12-03-2014, 03:38 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Yup. Im currently pushing 50kg of babies in a pram for walks - 30 mins 2-3 times every day. Lots of lifting the kids. My eating day is usually like this (diabetes stlye) Breakfast - a quarter rockmelon or a capsicum or two carrots, or two slices bread. Lunch - 1 cucumber. Dinner - any kind of lean meat the size of the palm of my hand with half a plate of salad and sometimes ill have a quarter plate of pasta or potato. And my gosh the weight still isn't shifting, so there must be something wrong with me then. I've been eating and exercising like this for 4 wks and have only lost 1 kg. 10 more kilos to go!
What are the calories each day? How much water are you drinking? Losing 2.2 pounds a month is not too bad. Remember that you have to reduce 3500 calories from your diet for each pound. So one kilgram is more than 7000 calories that you eliminated from your diet in the past month. That's a lot of calories to take out.

The only way to increase it is to increase your level of exercise, but there is a limit to how this will work. My wife diligently lost 35 pounds in 2.5 years of enormous effort. And after she stopped drinking 48 ounces of water, keeping her caloric intake to a rigid 1400 calories a day, and walking for 20 minutes every day, she has gained half of it back.
Unread 12-03-2014, 03:58 AM

LOWERING CALORIES and INCREASING EXERCISE does help.

BUT:
Calorie equation is not simple. Lowering calorie might put you in hibernation mode. In that case, you will gain weight even consuming as low as 600-700 calories.

If it is medical reason, one should take care accordingly. Some of them are
~ Low thyroid hormone (under active thyroid, or low T4-T3 conversion)
~ High insulin (Insulin Resistance)
~ High cortisol due to stress/illness
~ Low testosterone (in men)
~ Low DHEA
~ Low Melatonin (less sleep)

In case of medical reasons lowering calories are more harmful, but otherwise "LOWERING CALORIES and INCREASING EXERCISE does help". In general these steps should help:
~ Lower calories little bit
~ Lower simple carbohydrate and increase complex carbohydrate/fibers
~ Enough water intake every day
~ Have enough sleep
~ Lower stress in life
~ Increase exercise or physical activities

Last edited by dhundhun; 12-03-2014 at 04:13 AM.
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:02 AM

As Astrological guidelines, some examples:
~ If Saturn is good in chart, it will be possible to do exercises and portion control.
~ If Moon is good in chart, it will be easier to have meal control.
~ If Jupiter is good, healthy Oil mix, balanced food, should be able to help.
~ If Mars is good, thermionic stuff, chillies, etc. should be able to help.

Last edited by dhundhun; 12-03-2014 at 04:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dhundhun For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (12-03-2014)
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:14 AM

Well Zarathu I just went to a calorie calculator website. It recommended I consume 1778 calories to lose fat for my age and activity levels etc. I calculated my current daily calorie intake to be between 460 and 660 calories per day. So there must be something wrong with me since this last pregnancy. As for the exercise, atm all I can do is walk. That rib injury I told you about 2 weeks ago is apparently a strain and is not really getting better. So im limited to walking. And yes im drinking lots of water.

Last edited by Abby83; 12-03-2014 at 04:20 AM.
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Account Closed

If you are not healthy, then see a doctor.

For example, I have fibro-myalgia. Fibro tends to try to keep my system in equilibrium. Normally at my weight level and age taking in 1500 calories a day should cause me to just drop the weight off at easily a kilo a week. But at the num ber I actually gain. I have to stay below 1200, which is almost starvation calories for a normal person.

But the bottom line is that no matter what any one tells you, if you don't reduce your calories, and you don't measure it every day, and you don't drink enough fluid to wash out the by products, you will not lose weight.

You can't lose weight by consuming more calories than you use up during the day. The physics don't lie. The calories have to go somewhere, and the get deposited in fat. Of course if you are doing heavy weight lifting and taking steroids the might go to muscle. But you will still gain weight.
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Well Zarathu I just went to a calorie calculator website. It recommended I consume 1778 calories to lose fat for my age and activity levels etc. I calculated my current daily calorie intake to be between 460 and 660 calories per day. So there must be something wrong with me since this last pregnancy.
I explained in my post, you body might be in hibernation mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhundhun View Post
LOWERING CALORIES and INCREASING EXERCISE does help.

BUT:
Calorie equation is not simple. Lowering calorie might put you in hibernation mode. In that case, you will gain weight even consuming as low as 600-700 calories.
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:18 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Well Zarathu I just went to a calorie calculator website. It recommended I consume 1778 calories to lose fat for my age and activity levels etc. I calculated my current daily calorie intake to be between 460 and 660 calories per day. So there must be something wrong with me since this last pregnancy.
600 calories is starvation level. At that level you will not lose. Your body will go into starvation mode, and lower your metabolism so that you don't die.

You cannot live on 600 calories a day. You will die at that level.

Get some professional help. See if you can find a Healthy Living group around you. Join a group at your local YMCA or something.

400-600 calories a day is dangerous to your health.
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:28 AM

Thanks for that Dhundhun. Yes insulin resistance and low testosterone atm are getting in the way. A year ago my blood test said I had excessive oestrogen from the twins. My chart does have strong Saturn so ill stick with the food portion and exercise I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
dhundhun (12-03-2014)
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:33 AM

Quote:
600 calories is starvation level. At that level you will not lose. Your body will go into starvation mode, and lower your metabolism so that you don't die.

Get some professional help. See if you can find a Healthy Living group around you. Join a group at your local YMCA or something.

Im hearing what your saying. Honestly, since giving birth I have zero appetite. I can feel my metablosim is not functioning. I had a few moments mid year where I did eat back to normal again and the weight sky rocketed. Im not winning here. Would I need to see a doctor and get blood tests or something. If I could describe the way I feel right now I would say my body is designed to be a slave that can survive on two small meals a day because it is producing it's own calories. Whatever I do, I feel like the fat is just multiplying out of control.

I just want to reinforce the fact that when I do eat a little bit more calories, I actually put on a huge amount, which I know is not normal.

Last edited by Abby83; 12-03-2014 at 04:39 AM.
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:35 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Thanks for that Dhundhun. Yes insulin resistance and low testosterone atm are getting in the way. A year ago my blood test said I had excessive oestrogen from the twins. My chart does have strong Saturn so ill stick with the food portion and exercise I guess.
But get those calorie levels up. No one should consume less than 1000 calories a day. Reduce the amount of carbs you are taking in and increase the protien amounts.

But if you are having medical issues you should not be doing this yourself. See a physican, preferably someone who specializes in weight reduction. You do not want make yourself ill, not with little kids to take care of.

Yes.... you need to see a physician.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zarathu For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (12-03-2014), dhundhun (12-03-2014)
Unread 12-03-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
For insulin resistance these things do help:
~ No fructose and no sugar.
~ Minimization on rice and wheat, use of mixed whole grains.
~ Distribution of meal over 4 or more times in a day. This helps to increase some calorie, without gain in weight.
~ Use of some insulin sensitizers herbal formula such as http://www.nowfoods.com/Glucose-Meta...g-Capsules.htm

Last edited by dhundhun; 12-03-2014 at 04:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dhundhun For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (12-03-2014)
Unread 12-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
~ Distribution of meal over 4 or more times in a day. This helps to increase some calorie, without gain in weight.
~ Use of some insulin sensitizers herbal formula such as http://www.nowfoods.com/Glucose-Meta...g-Capsules.htm
I respect the poster here, but if you are experiencing serious issues of a medical nature in regards to losing weight, you don't wnat to be playing with your health. You need to see a physician.
Unread 12-03-2014, 05:44 AM

I will mention however, mainly for my own recollection, that with the current transits, im experiencing the same issues with my weight as I did when I was 19, except worse. In 2003 I found myself with no appetite and if I ate more food in my day I would inflate. Same thing is happening now. Back then T Uranus was starting an opposition to natal venus and mars and Saturn was in Gemini. Now Saturn is just about to enter Sagittarius (the opposite sign of Gemini), and T Neptune is in opposition to natal venus and mars, having the same affect on me.

Last edited by Abby83; 12-03-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Unread 12-03-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:

Abby,
I have to agree with Zarathu. When the body doesn't have enough to suffice its natural state, it will store fat reserves instead of displacing them. It isn't always so much a question of what you eat but how much you eat to sustain the body.

I also think that temperamental type plays a part.
I have never forgotten a work colleague who put on a lot of weight and eventually saw her physician. She's the only person I have ever known who was told to eat more cream cakes and ice cream AND LOST WEIGHT! Another could eat food until it came out of her ears and never put on a lb.( Virgo, I believe). Food 'didn't interest her.' I wasn't into astrology at the time, yet I feel sure that their elemental type must have had much to do with their sizes.

Tendencies towards worry (Moon and Virgo influences) can also effect weight control.

May I suggest that, out of interest you google 'Astrological signs and food'.
There are a number of good sites that explain which foods are good and detrimental to a particular sign and elemental type. E.g. I would think that a strong mutable type would need to vary its diet so that it doesn't become boring to the person, or that the body becomes used to grains for breakfast daily.

At least consider seeing a physician or consulting a dietist. In my country you can see the latter at no charge because they are considered important to reduce (later) health risks.
Unread 12-03-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
In addition to above, which can restore food intake to normalcy, I've two more tips, which do work.

1. Intermittent fasting or fast cycling: One example - In 24 hours, 18 hours fasting and 6 hours eating. If 18 hours fasting does not help increase it to 19 or 20. It is likely to help. With this one can start snacking at 2:00pm and finish meal before 8:00pm. You don't need to reduce calorie.

I find it very helping. I am pre-diabetic and fasting sugar will be 110-120. Due to this I can easily skip any eating thing up to 2:00pm. Then I finish meal before 8:00pm.

2. Atkin's diet. I motivated dozens of people to do weight loss on this. This works without calorie restrictions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atkins_diet

I also did three times for about four to six months, to be back in shape. You can find many books and you need to be theoretically well educated (about this diet) before proceeding in this diet.

There is no magic wand. Hope some of you can make use of those tips. You need to find ways to eat enough and remain healthy.

One need to keep/maintain body sensitive to insulin. For that muscle training exercise do help. As a part of food, insulin sensitizers are green tea, cinnamon, etc. One can find better herbal formula locally made.

Last edited by dhundhun; 12-03-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Unread 12-04-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisiangal View Post
Abby,
I have to agree with Zarathu. When the body doesn't have enough to suffice its natural state, it will store fat reserves instead of displacing them. It isn't always so much a question of what you eat but how much you eat to sustain the body.

I also think that temperamental type plays a part.
I have never forgotten a work colleague who put on a lot of weight and eventually saw her physician. She's the only person I have ever known who was told to eat more cream cakes and ice cream AND LOST WEIGHT! Another could eat food until it came out of her ears and never put on a lb.( Virgo, I believe). Food 'didn't interest her.' I wasn't into astrology at the time, yet I feel sure that their elemental type must have had much to do with their sizes.

Tendencies towards worry (Moon and Virgo influences) can also effect weight control.

May I suggest that, out of interest you google 'Astrological signs and food'.
There are a number of good sites that explain which foods are good and detrimental to a particular sign and elemental type. E.g. I would think that a strong mutable type would need to vary its diet so that it doesn't become boring to the person, or that the body becomes used to grains for breakfast daily.

At least consider seeing a physician or consulting a dietist. In my country you can see the latter at no charge because they are considered important to reduce (later) health risks.
I hear what you're saying. But what im doing now since first hearing advice from this thread is actually starting to work. Just went on scales today and have lost 2 kilos in last week. Yay. As my metabolism increases I will increase in calorie intake. I could NEVER maintain weight with fat. I am a blood type A Lymphatic Body type where my lymphatic system is sluggish.

Also, I am interested in the 'eating according to your astro sign.' I've looked to mars being ruler of asc and is in virgo. Describes me quite well as I am a health freak and I believe I need to be.

Last edited by Abby83; 12-04-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Unread 12-04-2014, 03:07 AM

Ok so I just calculated my calories for today and I got 1310 calories. That sounds better. Im starting to think I may have miscalculated yesterday. This makes me feel better because now I don't think there's something medically wrong with me.
Unread 07-04-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virinchi View Post
Your weight gain is temporary effect and it keeps coming back at you at regular intervals for another 8 years.
Frequent injuries and other health issues need to be taken care for another 3 years.
Well it's been 5 yrs since you wrote this. Yes my weight is still very much an issue. Eating perfectly yet inflating like a Puffa fish. I'm seeing specialist soon but it sounds like your prediction is correct which means it will be another 3 and half yrs before it settles.
Unread 09-13-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Thank you Virinchi for that. Can you please tell me if you found this with the Uranus and pluto transit??
Same question from my side ?

Tags
problems, weight