Progressions in synastry: how serious are they?

fullmoonlibra

I always was kind of sceptical about using progressions in synastry.
So I practically never look at it.
But whenever I got stuck in relationships, I looked at progressed planets and always had an answer to my questionings.
But I still need to understand the value of it.
Because synastry to natal is something fix. It gives me security in synastry.
But when you compare progressed planets in synastry, than I get a little insecure. These planets change, just like people do over time.
After divorce with my (ex-) husband, I discovered that his progressed Sun was separating from conjunction with my natal Moon.
It was sad to see a relationship which has started under exact conjunction, ending after moving further in degree (a lot of Saturn and Uranus squares in transit to natal where involved too of course).

NOW, I am falling in love (but I'm trying to resist), with someone who's Sun is conjunct my Venus in NATAL and who's PROGRESSED Venus is conjunct my PROGRESSED Sun. Also his north node is conjunct my PROGRESSED AC..

Am I now taking this progressions too serious, or should I keep sticking to natal?

PallasA

Progressed placements are very, very valuable, don't exclude them. They will tell you so much. As it was illustrated in your case, people come together during exact conjunctions(or even trines and squares, if that's what their chart needs), and often fall apart when the aspect goes out of orb.

While a natal chart tells you the fundamentals, people do change over time, and the progressions show us how. Dynamic astrology is quite a difficult field, and definitely not for the beginner, but it is very rewarding.

Take the progressions seriously. They give the temporal dimension to a relationship.

fullmoonlibra

Progressed placements are very, very valuable, don't exclude them. They will tell you so much. As it was illustrated in your case, people come together during exact conjunctions(or even trines and squares, if that's what their chart needs), and often fall apart when the aspect goes out of orb.

While a natal chart tells you the fundamentals, people do change over time, and the progressions show us how. Dynamic astrology is quite a difficult field, and definitely not for the beginner, but it is very rewarding.

Take the progressions seriously. They give the temporal dimension to a relationship.

Well than, it must be interesting than that my love interests progressed Sun was exact trine with my progressed moon on the first meeting?
And his natal Moon square my progressed Sun.
Also North Node transit was exact conjunct my progressed Moon and transit Sun exact conjunct Natal Moon.

The first meeting charts DC is also exact conjunct his Sun.

PallasA

Well than, it must be interesting than that my love interests progressed Sun was exact trine with my progressed moon on the first meeting?
And his natal Moon square my progressed Sun.
Also North Node transit was exact conjunct my progressed Moon and transit Sun exact conjunct Natal Moon.

The first meeting charts DC is also exact conjunct his Sun.
I'd say that's quite important, yes. Progressed contacts on their own aren't usually enough, it takes transits to set them off, and it looks like that's exactly what happened with you. If you post your First Meeting chart with transits, and your natal synastry wheel, I can take a look if you'd like. :)

astro.com's chart, check show descending node and add Vertex through Vesta.

fullmoonlibra

I'd say that's quite important, yes. Progressed contacts on their own aren't usually enough, it takes transits to set them off, and it looks like that's exactly what happened with you. If you post your First Meeting chart with transits, and your natal synastry wheel, I can take a look if you'd like. :)

I like the grand trine, in synastry and first meeting chart.
But don't like the falls and detriment in first meeting, and don't like abcence of north node contacts and his Uranus square my AC/DC axis and opposite Venus.
Even if there are Saturn contacts.
I'm not sure about his ascendant, so I took cappie asc, cause he is from that kind..

fullmoonlibra

I like the grand trine, in synastry and first meeting chart.
But don't like the falls and detriment in first meeting, and don't like abcence of north node contacts and his Uranus square my AC/DC axis and opposite Venus.
Even if there are Saturn contacts.
I'm not sure about his ascendant, so I took cappie asc, cause he is from that kind..

I can't post a chart and I can't leave mobile view 😣 ..
Also don't have a computer

Bina

You can also do a progressed composite chart which is very interesting as to where you are now as a couple. You can do this in the extended chart selection on astro.com. :smile:

fullmoonlibra

I have the charts :joyful: !
synastry and first meeting
his ascendant is unsure

Attachments

• syn.jpg
    syn.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 71
  • fm.jpg
    fm.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 87
I always was kind of sceptical about using progressions in synastry.
So I practically never look at it.
But whenever I got stuck in relationships, I looked at progressed planets and always had an answer to my questionings.
But I still need to understand the value of it.
Because synastry to natal is something fix. It gives me security in synastry.
But when you compare progressed planets in synastry, than I get a little insecure. These planets change, just like people do over time.
After divorce with my (ex-) husband, I discovered that his progressed Sun was separating from conjunction with my natal Moon.
It was sad to see a relationship which has started under exact conjunction, ending after moving further in degree (a lot of Saturn and Uranus squares in transit to natal where involved too of course).

NOW, I am falling in love (but I'm trying to resist), with someone who's Sun is conjunct my Venus in NATAL and who's PROGRESSED Venus is conjunct my PROGRESSED Sun. Also his north node is conjunct my PROGRESSED AC..

Am I now taking this progressions too serious, or should I keep sticking to natal?
Progressed sinastry is very significant for relationship. More then natal sinastry. This aspect between your progressed Venus and progressed Sun will last for a very long time, so you can be in a very significant relationship with this man. Especially with north node conjunction with Asc. Fated relationship.