Are you for or against gay marriage?

heidy26

Actually, Heidi, this isn't true everywhere. Homosexuality is illegal in 43 African countries, and gay men found "guilty" are jailed. In 3 countries today, homosexuality carries the death penalty. Globally the struggle for equal rights is far from over.

That's what's wrong with this world. People sticking their nose in businesses that are not theirs.

heidy26

What are you saying exactly? :)

here ya go
heidy26 said:
That's what's wrong with this world. People sticking their nose in businesses that are not theirs.

o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/Submit
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

:)

I think you are missing the point here. I don't need the def of opinion.
Please stop.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Not only sexual orientation is of concern, there are persons with attractions or fetishes (like chubby-chasers, granny-chasers or preggo-chasers) who believe they shouldn't be marginalized or have to hide themselves out of fear and ridicule. I try my hardest to be tolerant of just about everything, as long it doesn't personally threaten me nor has a negative impact on others and throughout society. There are things still widely opposed in the US, like bigamy or polygamy (like plural marriage), which is also illegal.

AlexZim

Shag or marry whoever you want. Who cares? But if you choose to marry livestock or a household appliance? No tax break. That is all.

WHYNOT

Banned
Shag or marry whoever you want. Who cares? But if you choose to marry livestock or a household appliance? No tax break. That is all.

Lol.

But seriously nobody is thinking about children growing up in a world of chaos,
where nothing makes sense anymore.

heidy26

That's what I said too and people were so busy trying to convince me they are 'entitled' to have opinions... good God.
People can do whatever the hell they want to do. It's no one's business what others do.

chris10

It's an important topic!!

Yes!! It is an important topic for gays or lesbians who want to get married!

Why should it be of concern to the rest of us!!

Just look around you!!
The world we live in is really f**ked up.
And that world was created by people who grew up in ''traditional'' families.

What is the percentage of gays and lesbians in the world?

10-15 % ?
How worse could they make our
... pure and perfect world :sick:

Maybe we should leave our bubble and look at what each one of us can do to make our world better.

waybread

Lol.

But seriously nobody is thinking about children growing up in a world of chaos,
where nothing makes sense anymore.

WHATNOT, even though we disagree on human rights issues, I know that you are taking a principled stand in the face of opposition, so I do support you in that.

Also, if you look through the chat thread on drugs, you will see that I share your deep concerns about the world we adults shape for our children.

Re: gay marriage, however, I think it will create stability for children of gay/lesbian parents. Previously when gays and lesbians could only live together, without any spousal entitlements to employer or government benefits, there was sometimes real financial hardship on one or both partners, and by extension, on any children in the household.

Marriage is (theoretically) a commitment by both parties to a long-term stable relationship. A real problem for many children of heterosexual moms today is the break-down of this kind of household stability: mom may have a virtual parade of boyfriends through the home, committed or otherwise.

A really good book that speaks from experience about the break-down of traditional families in Appalachia/southern Ohio is J. D. Vance, Hillbilly Elegy.

WHYNOT

Banned
Yes!! It is an important topic for gays or lesbians who want to get married!

Why should it be of concern to the rest of us!!

Just look around you!!
The world we live in is really f**ked up.
And that world was created by people who grew up in ''traditional'' families.

What is the percentage of gays and lesbians in the world?

10-15 % ?
How worse could they make our
... pure and perfect world :sick:

Maybe we should leave our bubble and look at what each one of us can do to make our world better.

You are PARTLY right, but also partly WRONG.

1)The world we live in is really f**ked up , not BECAUSE OF "traditional families", but because the "traditional family" has been DESTROYED.

2) IF the percentage of gays & lesbians is 10-15 %in the world, THEREFORE the REAL QUESTION you should be asking is
-WHY IS IT EVEN A FEDERAL /GOVT CONCERN??? (WHY INDEED?)

- since it has got absolutely NOTHING to do with the REAL problems in the world today..eg :

The fact that USA IS A GIANT WAR MACHINE that BOMBS other nations to smithereens..
And while the FEDERAL RESERVE is a PRIVATELY OWNED
BANK that is literally sucking the life out of all other nations, and instigating all the wars that benefit them directly (=$$$$$$$$$)

Breaking down the traditional family unit has been part of a drive to destabilise
society. It has worked. There is no social unity anymore. Society been broken down into factions- Male vs Female, LGBT vs Straight..etc etc. And kids are growing up in a world where NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE.

Why we are in Decline: Cultural Marxism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs&t=926s

Last edited:

Dirius

I didn't say I was "worried" about people marrying animals. I am just saying that if we start allowing same-sex marriages, then we should also start allowing man-animal marriages. Logical consistency demands so.

In the same vein, I can also say that a marriage between a man and a woman is very different from a marriage between two people of the same sex.

Marriage is nothing more than a contract 2 parties enter for an economical advantage: inheritance rights, succesion laws, tax exemptions, etc. Animals can't enter contracts, so by the definition of marriage in the eyes of goverment, your point doesn't stand.

If people wish to (religously) marry animals, trees, a metal spoon, I really don't care.

But now to the actual realistic topic, I'm in favour of gay marriage, given it is just a contract to protect the couple's assets, and stuff like that. There is nothing wrong with it. I'm not sure why people would oppose it.

Last edited:

chris10

1)The world we live in is really f**ked up , not BECAUSE OF "traditional families", but because the "traditional family" has been DESTROYED.

2) IF the percentage of gays & lesbians is 10-15 %in the world, THEREFORE the REAL QUESTION you should be asking is

- since it has got absolutely NOTHING to do with the REAL problems in the world today..eg :

The fact that USA IS A GIANT WAR MACHINE that BOMBS other nations to smithereens..
BANK that is literally sucking the life out of all other nations, and instigating all the wars that benefit them directly (=$$$$$$$$$)

Breaking down the traditional family unit has been part of a drive to destabilise
society. It has worked. There is no social unity anymore. Society been broken down into factions- Male vs Female, LGBT vs Straight..etc etc. And kids are growing up in a world where NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE.

I never said that the traditional family is the REASON why our world is f*cked up but
our world IS F*CKED UP AND THAT F8CKED UP WORLD WAS CREATED BY PEOPLE WHO GREW UP IN ''TRADITIONAL''FAMILIES

Gay men and lesbian women exist whether you like it or not, they adopt if they can, they buy children if they cannot adopt or have their own ...

Help me understand what exactly a contract between two gay men/lesbian women will do to your already destabilised society ? Will that contract affect you in any way? If so, How?

I am much more traditional than most people on here, I respect tradition and my lefestyle proves that.
But I have no right to disaprove of other's people's choices.

If you want to live in a better world with more values, get off your couch and do something about it.

You have no right to tell other's how to live their lives.

Last edited:

chris10

I never said that the traditional family is the REASON why our world is f*cked up but
our world IS F*CKED UP AND THAT F8CKED UP WORLD WAS CREATED BY PEOPLE WHO GREW UP IN ''TRADITIONAL''FAMILIES

Gay men and lesbian women exist whether you like it or not, they adopt if they can, they buy children if they cannot adopt or have their own ...

Help me understand what exactly a contract between two gay men/lesbian women will do to your already destabilised society ? Will that contract affect you in any way? If so, How?

I am much more traditional than most people on here, I respect tradition and my lifestyle proves that.
But I have no right to disaprove of other's people's choices.

If you want to live in a better world with more values, get off your couch and do something about it.

You have no right to tell others how to live their lives.

WHYNOT

Banned
I don't "mind" them existing.

What I DO mind , is having them form a GIANT POLITICAL ENTITY, and SHOVING their MINORITY views down EVERYBODY ELSES THROATS.
They already have the SAME rights, but that's not enough now. They want MORE. They want to tell everybody that there's something wrong with HETEROSEXUALITY now.

HOW did they ever get such a LOUD & IMPORTANT PROFILE?

Meanwhile USA sends $Millions to Israel, spends $Billions on Wars, whilst citizens are living in TENT CITIES!

But the WHITE HOUSE flies a BIG RAINBOW FLAG...Cos that will FIX the NATION'S PROBLEMS.

INSANE much? (only one symptom) And THIS is my point.

LOL

Last edited:

AppLeo

Wow ):

Gay people just want to get married.

I don't see why anti-gay people have to be so STUBBORN and against it. If they weren't so opposed to same-sex marriage, gay people wouldn't have to get so bent out of shape by shoving their opinions down other people's throats.

And the whole argument about how we already have the same rights as everyone else is so... idk cheap. Imagine if straight people were the minority and only gay couples were allowed marriage. With your argument, I could say that straight people have the same rights as everyone else, even though they wouldn't ever marry someone of the same gender.

Last edited:

chris10

I don't "mind" them existing.

What I DO mind , is having them form a GIANT POLITICAL ENTITY, and SHOVING their MINORITY views down EVERYBODY ELSES THROATS.
They already have the SAME rights, but that's not enough now. They want MORE. They want to tell everybody that there's something wrong with HETEROSEXUALITY now.

HOW did they ever get such a LOUD & IMPORTANT PROFILE?

Meanwhile USA sends $Millions to Israel, spends $Billions on Wars, whilst citizens are living in TENT CITIES!

But the White House flies a big Rainbow Flag...Cos that will FIX the NATIONS PROBLEMS.

LOL

I get what you are saying.
Now if gays and lesbians start stepping all over heterosexuals' rights, then that will be a problem.
But the few gays I know are not like that. Where the h*ll do you live?

Anyway, I'm just saying a marriage paper between those couples is just another contract. It won't make our sh*tty world any worse.

Just live Your life the way You want to without harming others and let others live theirs the way They want to.
When they start becoming a problem by hurting you, then you do something about the problem they are causing to You.
You can't stop something - which isn't causing harm to people - just because you don't like it.