Nessus on the Ascendant

Bina

A friend of mine has Nessus very closely on the Ascendant. I read that Nessus is connected with abuse, etc - all very dark. This person had a happy childhood with loving parents, no experiences of abuse at all. Neither are they an abusive person. They do have a very charismatic personality. Can this placement play out in a different manner? Is there a positive side to it? :innocent:

Last edited:

AppLeo

Nessus can indicate abuse. Maybe she gets abused in subtle ways that are not so obvious. Or maybe she hasn't met anyone that had the potential to abuse her. Asteroids generally take some kind of activation in synastry. This can be through a conjunct or a tight aspect and maybe she hasn't met anyone that aspected her Nessus. If she were to meet someone who their Sun conjunct her Nessus then she would be abused by them.

Bina

Nessus can indicate abuse. Maybe she gets abused in subtle ways that are not so obvious. Or maybe she hasn't met anyone that had the potential to abuse her. Asteroids generally take some kind of activation in synastry. This can be through a conjunct or a tight aspect and maybe she hasn't met anyone that aspected her Nessus. If she were to meet someone who their Sun conjunct her Nessus then she would be abused by them.

-Thank you for your reply!-

Hm, maybe... what I was really wondering is if it would have to play out in this way or if there is a higher manifestation of this aspect as well...like there is a positive and a negative potential to each of the outer planets (and to the inners of course) and to each difficult aspect too... it just depends what one does with it...and on the level of awareness in dealing with the energy...
What it comes down to is the question whether there are really any aspects or indications in a chart which can only manifest in a negative way? ...difficult or challenging, yes, but totally negative??

-

AppLeo

-Thank you for your reply!-

Hm, maybe... what I was really wondering is if it would have to play out in this way or if there is a higher manifestation of this aspect as well...like there is a positive and a negative potential to each of the outer planets (and to the inners of course) and to each difficult aspect too... it just depends what one does with it...and on the level of awareness in dealing with the energy...
What it comes down to is the question whether there are really any aspects or indications in a chart which can only manifest in a negative way? ...difficult or challenging, yes, but totally negative??

-

Umm... I'm struggling to understand your question.

Trines, and sextile are naturally positive.
Oppositions and squares are naturally negative.
Conjunctions can be either one.

But they are just aspects and we always have a choice to decide what we do with them.

There is no such thing as a totally negative aspect. Abused victims of Nessus for example, may have difficult aspects, but their abuse can be channeled into something greater by helping other abused victims or by finding a sense of identity and strength within themselves.

Bina

I mean negative in the sense that certain aspects indicate that something bad definitely has to happen, like you wrote in your first reply, "if she meets someone whose Sun conjuncts or closely aspects her Nessus, then she would be abused by that person."

AppLeo

I mean negative in the sense that certain aspects indicate that something bad definitely has to happen, like you wrote in your first reply, "if she meets someone whose Sun conjuncts or closely aspects her Nessus, then she would be abused by that person."

There is no definite because people have free will. But a personal planet from someone's chart conjunct her nessus could indicate abuse.

Asteroids aren't always accurate because they are asteroids; they are relatively new and are only small piece of the picture.

That's just what I think. You make it sound like you want her to have an aspect to be abused.

Sweet Pea

It depends a lot on the Ascendant sign, and what other aspects the Ascendant/Nessus make.

I see Nessus as a "pushy", intensifying energy, a little bit like Pluto. So whatever it contacts, that particular quality may be emphatically expressed in one's life. It doesn't have to get nastier than that.

Bina

It depends a lot on the Ascendant sign, and what other aspects the Ascendant/Nessus make.

I see Nessus as a "pushy", intensifying energy, a little bit like Pluto. So whatever it contacts, that particular quality may be emphatically expressed in one's life. It doesn't have to get nastier than that.

Thanks for replying.
The Ascendant sign is Taurus and it is also closely opposing Chiron on the Descendant. What orb would you use for aspects?

AppLeo

Thanks for replying.
The Ascendant sign is Taurus and it is also closely opposing Chiron on the Descendant. What orb would you use for aspects?

For asteroids, the aspects should at least 2 degrees or less. I've even heard people saying that they only use conjunctions regarding asteroids.

Sweet Pea

So, in whatever way she manifests her Taurus Ascendant, then add a big fat plus factor to that, or as the saying goes, "with brass knobs on".

:)

Last edited: