Grand Trines & Kites..

ScorpDom96

Hello,
I'm relatively a beginner in the study of astrology. I learn new things as time goes by and lately two new "subtopics" have presented themself to me. Grand trines and kites. According to astro.com I have a few grand trines. Three are earth and two are water. However one stood out to me as it is the only one which did not include asteroids. It's a grand earth trine between my moon (Taurus), my venus (Virgo) and my neptune (Capricorn). Can someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me what this means!

Also! Someone has mentioned to me a while back on a thread I have posted that there is a kite in my chart? They didn't go into detail though. If someone can identify this kite for me and tell what it's about and what it means I'd be SO grateful!

Here is mi chart :

4lsrxi.gif

RisingSag

I think you need to tighten your orbs because your pallas is about six degrees away from making a grand trine thus making a water grand kite. I think with asteroids the aspect needs to be more exact and with personal planets they can be wider.

ScorpDom96

I think you need to tighten your orbs because your pallas is about six degrees away from making a grand trine thus making a water grand kite. I think with asteroids the aspect needs to be more exact and with personal planets they can be wider.

Okay. How do I tighten my orbs?

lazarusx

You have what looks like a Kite from a glimpse, but your missing the opposition as far as i understand.. i havn't read much into these configurations.. the Grand Earth Trine would suggest energy flows easily between these planets, which can make one lazy in that area of life because it comes with little effort.. but ill let someone more adept explain it.. there's a ton of information online that you can find relatively easily.

This is my chart, showing the pattern of a Kite Configuration but as one of the points is the Midheaven rather then a planet.. i don't think it qualifies.

Attachments

• astro.gif
    astro.gif
    63.4 KB · Views: 29

Frisiangal

Hi,
Although the orb from Moon to Venus-Neptune is rather wide, it is applying towards the further degree, so could be counted as 'growing in effect'.

It would make up a kite figure with Pluto at the apex. Yet, as lazarusx
pointed out, there is no opposition forming 'the backbone' of the kite.
What happens to a kite in the sky when there is no backbone to it? Can it be controlled or does it go (willy-nilly?) its own way?

The three 'feminine' associated planets form the trine figure. A trine is said to signify an inherent quality in the individual. No one can (or should!) tell you what they mean TO YOU; that is for you to work out for yourself.
Read up on what each planet in its sign and house means and find the connection between them that you feel and experience to fit you.
The Uranus-Neptune generational aspect and its reference to 'physical boundaries' (together with Saturn in Pisces = mutual reception) could say a lot.:wink:

THEN, look at the T-square also including Moon, to see what challenges are to be met to keep the kite successfully in flight.:smile:

Krewster

Yes, any effort to correlate that drawn Kite with you behavior/experiences will be almost fully undermined by the Moon being 9.x-ish degrees loose from making full-on trines.

Why not focus on your many tight-orbed aspects first to gain confidence with your chart (e.g., your Sun-Ven-Jup's 45-90-45 triangle and your Moon-Merc-Mars' 36-72-36 triangle, being deciles and a quintile).