The Occurance of Narcissism in a Astrology chart

Bradders

Anyone who knows me here probably knows my intrinsic blending of psychology, astrology, spirituality and love of the blending lol.

Anyway, narcissism, would be first, the wound experienced in early childhood due to excessively harsh labeling from parents where the child once in a state of trauma, develops a false self to deal with the ongoing criticism and ultra critical judgement, patronization and abuse. This is known as the false self and appears as a very convoluted, difficult personality to get on with due to it's lack of shame in self adoration, but the emotions, feelings and self, remain when the wound began, thus a immature self of sense emotionally and the world around it.

The later personality traits would convolute themselves as a child-like condemning tantrum, the extremely subtle defense to forever remain or see oneself as 'Perfect and incapable of wrongs' to the extent of deceiving others in their feverish displacement of self. There will be a superficial sort of kindness displayed to others, the image of others being lower or as tools: This would only really be the split in personality and the emotions deadlocked in childhood however, the ego, sense of self and perception of the world, completely displaced, thus 'The personality disorder' so named.

It's name comes from Narcissus, the greek mythos who fell in love with his own reflection.

Astrologically, I think this would address itself as a pluto opposition uranus, with a uranus opposition chiron, there also could be a sun square saturn and a venus square jupiter: The individuality finding it extremely difficult to express itself under each of these aspects.

Among that, planet wise, there could be the sun, the sense of self in the 12th house, leading to the confused sense of self, if anything more addressing the personality disorder because it is the home of asylums and mental institutions. There could be chiron in the 1st house too, which I think is more than probable.

What does everyone think could be added to the chart?

Slenkar

I think you have covered everything

There could be a natural vanity, and then narcissism as a different thing.

I believe is caused by low self-esteem, (saturn)

But then narcissism has other traits like not being able to take criticism which isnt a saturn thing.

Tessie

Banned
Anyone who knows me here probably knows my intrinsic blending of psychology, astrology, spirituality and love of the blending lol.

Anyway, narcissism, would be first, the wound experienced in early childhood due to excessively harsh labeling from parents where the child once in a state of trauma, develops a false self to deal with the ongoing criticism and ultra critical judgement, patronization and abuse. This is known as the false self and appears as a very convoluted, difficult personality to get on with due to it's lack of shame in self adoration, but the emotions, feelings and self, remain when the wound began, thus a immature self of sense emotionally and the world around it.

The later personality traits would convolute themselves as a child-like condemning tantrum, the extremely subtle defense to forever remain or see oneself as 'Perfect and incapable of wrongs' to the extent of deceiving others in their feverish displacement of self. There will be a superficial sort of kindness displayed to others, the image of others being lower or as tools: This would only really be the split in personality and the emotions deadlocked in childhood however, the ego, sense of self and perception of the world, completely displaced, thus 'The personality disorder' so named.

It's name comes from Narcissus, the greek mythos who fell in love with his own reflection.

Astrologically, I think this would address itself as a pluto opposition uranus, with a uranus opposition chiron, there also could be a sun square saturn and a venus square jupiter: The individuality finding it extremely difficult to express itself under each of these aspects.

Among that, planet wise, there could be the sun, the sense of self in the 12th house, leading to the confused sense of self, if anything more addressing the personality disorder because it is the home of asylums and mental institutions. There could be chiron in the 1st house too, which I think is more than probable.

The development of narcissism does not have to come from harsh parents, it can come from the nurture-tightrope parents who 'love' too much. It does not have to come from parents at all. The child themselves could be introverted and sensitive to a high degree and suffer by perception of volotility in average surroundings. And then some children are just born evil. I have also seen narcissism develop in adulthood. Venus on the ascendant. Venus in Virgo. Leo combined with Virgo, are trends I have noticed without spending much time on the topic.

Julian

Banned

This whole thread reminded me that the first word I ever said was "me"

kimbermoon

Seems like Venus would be likely involved, perhaps especially with Jupiter [excess] or [Uranus individuality]. Venus is the mirror through which we see ourselves. Venus/Saturn afflictions; typically low self-esteem and sense of worthlessness; definitely Venus/Neptune can be the set up for that as well...