Africa Cup of Nations

Summery Joy

Another sports horary here.

As many sports fans may already know. Egypt hosted the last Africa Cup of Nations. Egypt won. Egyptians (including myself) showed marvellous interest and support to their team, much more than was ever expected.

However, people have been talking about the possibility of corruption and that the Egyptian Federation of Football may have bribed some referees so that our team could win some tough matches.

When I first heard this notion, I asked this question: "Did the team buy any of the matches?". That was 9:50 pm, 09 February 2006, Cairo, Egypt. GMT +2, 30:03N, 31:15E.

When I asked the question, Egypt had already been qualified to the final match but hadn't won the cup yet.

As much as I dread the outcome of this horary, I'd like some help with it.

fensi88

As a Libra I hate injustice, so this question is very interesting for me.
Egypt is represented with 1stH and their money is represent with 2ndH ruler Ma in (expected) 8H, "their" (another team) money!! This is very clear "message".
Past Moon's aspect were trine with Me and Ur. Me is the ruler od Egypt 12H (secret actions) and is in 5H (sport game) so there were definately some secret deliberations about some matches and regarding Egypt's status with authority, federation(Moon is ruler of 10th H).

Arian Maverick

I'll post the chart here so everyone can see what's going on :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

P.S. I find it very interesting that the ascendent is Libra...

Summery Joy

OK. That's disappointing :(
But the rumor was that some referees were paid off. Mars in the 8th house suggests that some other teams were paid off. Which one happened?

fensi88

Yes, very, very disappointnig...
Until today referee did not get money, Moon, (referee, ruler of 10H) had no aspects with Ve(Egypt) or Ma(another team) in past ,but in future last Moon's aspect is sextile with Ma, ruler of Egypt 2H(money) in 8H(another team's money). It seams that referee will get from another team lower part (Ma in conjuct with Algol) of that money which Egypt gave another team. Sure he will get money, because Moon and Mars are in reception by triplicuty.

Summery Joy

:cry:

Is there anyway this chart could tell us which match it was or the number of matches involved? I have a feeling it could be our first match with Ivory Coast.

Summery Joy

I know little about their sports gear. In the matches they wore orange. Their flag is orange, white and green. Those colours must have been on the gear somewhere.

pwadm

Staff member
This question may be rephrased as follows: "Is the rumor true?" in which case, we may apply John Frawley's rules:

To be true:

* the angles of the chart should be in fixed signs
* Lord 1, Lord 3, the Moon and the Moon's dispositor should be in fixed signs and angular houses or at least fixed signs and succedent houses.

Looking at the chart we may notice that the angles are not in fixed signs, the 1st house ruler Venus and the Moon are not in fixed signs but are in angular houses, only Jupiter, 3rd house ruler (=rumors) is in a fixed sign and a succedent house.

So, it's not 100% but a good proportion of the rules apply in this case. So, presumably a there is some truth in the rumors, but not entirely.

For instance, given the mutual reception between the 1st and 7th house rulers as well as the one between the turned 5th house rulers, I'd say that it was a collaboration from the other teams. Mars, 7th house ruler in Taurus and on Algol is quite disposed to act in a perverted manner.

But the referees - a 10th house matter - is not the same. As the Moon (10th house ruler) is in its own sign and angular, it is not likely that Egypt had influenced the referees. If they did, they ruled in Egypt's favour by themselves - the Moon disposes Venus by triplicity, not the other way around.

Nora, don't be to harsh on your own team, it happens everywhere in the world, maybe on a larger scale.

Besides, in many championships it turns out that the host team wins the trophy. Why do you think is that?

Summery Joy

Radu said:
Besides, in many championships it turns out that the host team wins the trophy. Why do you think is that?

Yeah, I suppose you're right.

OK. There was this one match of ours with Ivory Coast where they were going to get to the next level whether they won or lost. But to us, it was a milestone to get through. In that match, 7 of their start players did not participate. I guess that was the deal, to have the big stars sit for that game. We then had to meet the Ivory Coast in the final and we won with a lot of difficulty. This time, all their star players participated.

I think I know what happened now. Thanks everyone.