whats the Big deal about physical beauty in the astrolgical community

haidee

So many people ask if they look beautiful or if they look good enough for attention. Why do people care so much honestly, it's just ridiculous.
Like just love yourself for who you are "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Some people may think so called gingers aren't beautiful but I'm going to still rock my red hair. Love yourself people, truly

Indeed. People should ask themselves what they define beautiful. It's subjective, and no one can expect everyone to find them beautiful, appearance-wise or personality-wise.
Getting a compliment on your personality or something that you did/made is much more satisfactory than getting a compliment on your appearance anyway. Tells me that the person is paying attention to more than just the superficial. :annoyed: Or maybe that's my Gem.Venus speaking, idk.

rayla2055

Banned
Indeed. People should ask themselves what they define beautiful. It's subjective, and no one can expect everyone to find them beautiful, appearance-wise or personality-wise.
Getting a compliment on your personality or something that you did/made is much more satisfactory than getting a compliment on your appearance anyway. Tells me that the person is paying attention to more than just the superficial. :annoyed: Or maybe that's my Gem.Venus speaking, idk.

I have gemini venus too and it's not that just talking you know it's something deeper inside you *pokes forehead with finger*

haidee

I have gemini venus too and it's not that just talking you know it's something deeper inside you *pokes forehead with finger*

Lol, right. I just realised Gemini is considered superficial :lol: But we prefer getting to know people, so I think.
Makes me think... I don't understand why some people catcall.

Nice, another Gem venus. Have you posted your chart somewhere?

rayla2055

Banned
Someone can make a horary asking if they are beautiful or not
Now i'm talking in general. Tell me this why do they even need to ask someone if their "beautiful or not" honestly. When people ask me to answer that question for them it's shows that they don't truly love themselves. It shows that they are a slave to these strangers opinions. Well you know what I have to say, **** the strangers opinions if it's not helping you to better yourself than **** them honestly.

waybread

rayla, I think a lot of people are very insecure about themselves. Especially young women are susceptible to constant media and peer pressure to be gorgeous. There's often a big double standard, about telling women to look sexy, but slut-shaming them if they do. Most women of any age are dissatisfied with their bodies.

Generally you can pick up emotional insecurity in a chart. This effects young men, as well, where a guy might like a girl but doesn't want to be seen with her if his friends might razz him about it. Venus ruling the first house, or particularly in the first house, is supposedly an indicator of attractiveness. But if you look at the charts of famously beautiful women, this doesn't always hold up.

When I was younger, I seldom felt attractive, and decided I better work on my brain, instead of my looks. I also realized that attractiveness for a woman is not a lifelong occupation-- she doesn't get to keep it. But now that I am in my 60s, when I look at photos of the younger me, I think I wasn't half-bad looking. Too bad I couldn't find a happy medium then, of enjoying the appearance that I had.

Now I think people can enjoy looking their best at any age or shape, but it's best not to obsess about it.

rayla2055

Banned
rayla, I think a lot of people are very insecure about themselves. Especially young women are susceptible to constant media and peer pressure to be gorgeous. There's often a big double standard, about telling women to look sexy, but slut-shaming them if they do. Most women of any age are dissatisfied with their bodies.

Generally you can pick up emotional insecurity in a chart. This effects young men, as well, where a guy might like a girl but doesn't want to be seen with her if his friends might razz him about it. Venus ruling the first house, or particularly in the first house, is supposedly an indicator of attractiveness. But if you look at the charts of famously beautiful women, this doesn't always hold up.

When I was younger, I seldom felt attractive, and decided I better work on my brain, instead of my looks. I also realized that attractiveness for a woman is not a lifelong occupation-- she doesn't get to keep it. But now that I am in my 60s, when I look at photos of the younger me, I think I wasn't half-bad looking. Too bad I couldn't find a happy medium then, of enjoying the appearance that I had.

Now I think people can enjoy looking their best at any age or shape, but it's best not to obsess about it.
You're right actually, it just gets me so irritated to the point where I want to pull my own hair out. Beauty this, Beauty that, everything is about apperance nowadays and it really is stupid. I'm not saying you don't have to take care of your appearance just don't let it rule your whole life. I'm sorry society made you go through that experience in your youth just be glad that your eyes and mind is open now to what's being play out nowadays which no can see for some odd reason.

waybread

Thanks, rayla. After I studied astrology, I realized that with Uranus square my ascendant, there was no way I could look put together. When I was young, girls were expected to be married by their early 20s at the latest, with gender discrimination in better paying jobs and professional schools being perfectly legal. So the pressures to look attractive-- and to attract-- were serious.

Thankfully young women in many countries today have a lot more options. Like looking either beautiful or plain and doing what they want with their lives.

rayla2055

Banned
Thanks, rayla. After I studied astrology, I realized that with Uranus square my ascendant, there was no way I could look put together. When I was young, girls were expected to be married by their early 20s at the latest, with gender discrimination in better paying jobs and professional schools being perfectly legal. So the pressures to look attractive-- and to attract-- were serious.

Thankfully young women in many countries today have a lot more options. Like looking either beautiful or plain and doing what they want with their lives.
You know what's crazy I have uranus trine ascendant

Andrea_

Some might find it interesting as a material manifestation of an astrological aspect. At least that's pretty much what i think about aminly when ti comes to these, like... isn't your chart there to, you know, search for answers that aren't there at the exterior mainly? lol

Last edited:

Bunraku

After a certain age, you grow out of it. It’s fun to dress up and look pretty once in a while, but in this day and age, where practically everyone has cameras, it would sure be convenient to be attractive. :whistling:

rayla2055

Banned
After a certain age, you grow out of it. It’s fun to dress up and look pretty once in a while, but in this day and age, where practically everyone has cameras, it would sure be convenient to be attractive. :whistling:
I'm not saying you don't have to look presentable, I'm saying that there is too much of a emphasis on beauty. You know what I'm ******* done with this forum, society is always gonna be the same you can't say **** to change it.

Bunraku

I was talking to Leo.

Also did you come on this obscure forum on internet with the expectation to change the entirety of American society?

rayla2055

Banned
I was talking to Leo.

Also did you come on this obscure forum on internet with the expectation to change the entirety of American society?
Hey, I can try but it obviously doesn't work everyone is different. I came on this forum to ask questions actually and learn how to read charts more in depth.