Marriage partner in the natal chart?

ssyx2005

Hi, i just joined a few days ago... saw this interesting thread..
Hmmm.. anyway my jupiter is in cancer and at 7th house... gemini falls at my 7th house while my venus is at the 10th...

does it means that i will married a gemini throught my career??
and what does jupiter in cancer means??

byjove

Account Closed
10th house of marriage???? Maybe in the old days when the male was the boss and the authority figure over the household and the wife.....hmmm not in today's world always, I would suggest. I am not a so called traditional astrologer and this is one of the reasons why. I wouldn't want to contemplate Saturn or Capricorn as being an influence on my marriage situation necessarily. THat suggests lack of agreement and equality and a paternalism.

Oh oh, really? But don't we look at Saturn a little differently today and we used to? Not a death-bringer but a teacher?

Does anyone know of people or have 7th ruled by Saturn or with Saturn in it? There must be someone surely...and if there is, we can move beyond trying to interpret to something a little more confident. I can't have my future marriage doomed.

Last edited:

Vista

Oh oh, really? But don't we look at Saturn a little differently today and we used to? Not a death-bringer but a teacher?

Does anyone know of people or have 7th ruled by Saturn or with Saturn in it? There must be someone surely...and if there is, we can move beyond trying to interpret to something a little more confident. I can't have my future marriage doomed.

I have 5 friends who have Saturn on the DEC or Saturn placed in the 7th house, in one case both, and 3 married in their early 20's. The other two married in their mid 30's. The first 3 have all been married twice. 2 of the 3 are now divorced for the 2nd time and already seriously involved with someone else. I think it really depends on the asepcts more than anything. Harsh aspects especially to Uranus can make relationships a bit unstable with sudden beginnings and endings. My 7th ruler is Venus and it's squared by Uranus...I can attest to this. Positive aspects such as trines and sextiles and sometimes conjunctions depending on the planet can be very helpful. I really wouldn't worry about it. Lastly, many times when there is a faster moving planet on the DEC, it means short lived relationships. Slower moving, more long-term.

Lovebug

I think it all depends on saturns aspects and what your 7th house looks like. My mothers 7th house is Cappricorn she's only married once and thats to my father. They are still married after 27 years.

Saturn and Cappricorn often represent longevity, endurence and loyality.

virgo18

My mother 1st marriage:
-Sun in Gemini (dad's moon in Gemini)
-Moon in Virgo in the 9th (My dad is a Sagittarius Sun)
-Sagittarius rising/Gemini descendant.... Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd, and mercury in Gemini in the 6th (My dad has gemini moon)
-Mars in Taurus (My dad has he's chart ruler in the 2nd)
-Venus in Cancer (My dad's Mars in Cancer, and Sun opposite Moon)
-Juno in Gemini

My father:
-Sun in Sagittarius
-Moon in Gemini (my mom's sun in Gemini)
-Sagittarius rising/Gemini descendant....Jupiter in the 2nd, and Mercury in Scorpio in the 12th. (My mom is Gemini, mercury in Gemini in the 6th, and chart ruler in the 6th in pisces)
-Venus and Juno in Capricorn (My mom's 1st house intercepted by Capricorn more than sagittarius)

Mom's 2nd marriage:
-9th house in Virgo, with Moon and Pluto placed there (My stepfather is very moody)
-Mercury in the 6th, my stepfather is not Virgo or Gemini... but he's a Doctor, since 6th house rules health.
-My stepfather Venus in Capricorn too.

My dad is in he's 3rd marriage... he's two last wives are Virgo... and my mother Sun in the 6th(make her a "Virgo" personality)
he's three wives opposite he's 7th house ruler in the 12th (By Sun sign -last two wives-, or house placed -in my mother's case-,) since the 12th house is ruled by Pisces(sign that opposes Virgo)
Also he's 2nd wife was an esoteric... (12th house spells, dreams and intangible energies)
My dad's 7th house ruler is in Scorpio... my mother is not plutonian, but she has a strong energy and personality)

The man "I wish to marry" (but nothing... at the current time):
-Capricorn Sun in the 3rd, mercury in the 3rd, and lots of planets in Virgo that makes strong mercury for him (so I have Gemini descendant, Sun and Mars in Virgo in the 10th)
-Scorpio ascendant( I have Venus in Scorpio and Jupiter in the 8th)
-Juno in Scorpio in the 12th (My chart ruler is Jupiter placed in the 8th, My Venus conjunct Pluto in Scorpio, and my neptune is strongly asepcted)
-He's Juno Conjunct Ascendant, make strong Libra traits on him(my 7th house ruler and Juno are in Libra)
-He's Moon is in Virgo(My Sun and Mars are in Virgo)

Me:
-Sun in Virgo in the 10th(he's Moon in Virgo in the 10th)
-Sagittarius Ascendant(He's Venus is in Sagittarius)
-Moon in Taurus(He's descendant is in Taurus and Venus is in the 2nd)
-Mars in Virgo in the 10th (He's chart ruler; Mars in Pisces in the 4th)
-Juno in Libra in the 10th(He's a Capricorn Sun)
-Jupiter in Cancer in the 8th (He is a Scorpio ascendant, Mars in the 4th, and he's moon is strongly aspected)

This are my examples. But I don't know if I am seeing what I want to see.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Lovebug

The man "I wish to marry" (but nothing... at the current time):
-Capricorn Sun in the 3rd, mercury in the 3rd, and lots of planets in Virgo that makes strong mercury for him (so I have Gemini descendant, Sun and Mars in Virgo in the 10th)
-Scorpio ascendant( I have Venus in Scorpio and Jupiter in the 8th)
-Juno in Scorpio in the 12th (My chart ruler is Jupiter placed in the 8th, My Venus conjunct Pluto in Scorpio, and my neptune is strongly asepcted)
-He's Juno Conjunct Ascendant, make strong Libra traits on him(my 7th house ruler and Juno are in Libra)
-He's Moon is in Virgo(My Sun and Mars are in Virgo)

Me:
-Sun in Virgo in the 10th(he's Moon in Virgo in the 10th)
-Sagittarius Ascendant(He's Venus is in Sagittarius)
-Moon in Taurus(He's descendant is in Taurus and Venus is in the 2nd)
-Mars in Virgo in the 10th (He's chart ruler; Mars in Pisces in the 4th)
-Juno in Libra in the 10th(He's a Capricorn Sun)
-Jupiter in Cancer in the 8th (He is a Scorpio ascendant, Mars in the 4th, and he's moon is strongly aspected)

This are my examples. But I don't know if I am seeing what I want to see.
Thanks.

I would sugqest looking at both or your 7th houses for marriage. The rulers, the planets and the aspects they make to see if both you charts describe each other. Often they do. My mothers 7th house is ruled by saturn. Saturn would indicate an older spose which my dad is by a few months. Saturn is in the 6th house in Sagittarius. She meet him at work (6th), a government training program (Sagittarius). Saturn is at the 9th degree (degree of sagittarius). Saturn trine uranus. He has a degree (Sagittarius) in technology (uranus). Saturn (limited) square mercury (speech). My dad isn't talkitive.

In terms of attraction in general.
Moon and Sun tell you what a person looks for personality wise.
Venus and Mars descripe what a person looks for appearence wise.
His venus may be activating you ascendent axis and yours his which would explain the attraction. I'm no expert on synastry though and I can't really see both your charts so I'm not sure but this seems like the case.

Lovebug

Though saturn doesn't nessicarily have to be gloom and doom some astrologers say having a buried house in the 7th can indicate divorce epsecially if that sign is aquarius (freedom). Still its your life your in control so this isn't set in stone.

Side note I notice your saturn is in 5th. So its possible you either marry an old boyfriend, a boyfriend you'll date for a long period meaning years then you'll get married (Like how some people wait 7 years then tie the knot). Also you have Sagittarius in 5th so you two could meet any where from a college party/reunion (I don't know if your in college or have graduated these are just examples or never went.) A large celebration. To a foriegn restaurant. Saturn could also make him older.

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

If Saturn is 7 degrees from the 7th house, does it point to the partner? Or is it a too wide orb....

I have Gemini AC, and DC in sagittarius. 2 of my last partners (one I was married to) had Sun and AC in sagittarius. I also have Uranus (singleton) in the 7th house with only one strong aspect from the sun (sextile).

byjove

Account Closed
Yes, someone last night who's recently got to know me practically regurgitated (unknowingly) typical Saturn-in-5th-traits of mine...(in a good way).

Old boyfriend? I wonder! Unfortunately, despite the rest of the areas of my life going generally well, I havn't had much long-term in love. But that will change. As for dating for a long time before marrying, I think that's likely, and coincidently, that's exactly what one of my sisters did; they dated for about exactly that; 7 years before tying the knot. One of the most stable partnerships around (she's Taurus 7th, he Sagg 7th). Also, I'm in college (year and a half to go) and I'm living abroad for that (Saturn in Sagg). Here's hoping...:cool:

Though saturn doesn't nessicarily have to be gloom and doom some astrologers say having a buried house in the 7th can indicate divorce epsecially if that sign is aquarius (freedom). Still its your life your in control so this isn't set in stone.

Side note I notice your saturn is in 5th. So its possible you either marry an old boyfriend, a boyfriend you'll date for a long period meaning years then you'll get married (Like how some people wait 7 years then tie the knot). Also you have Sagittarius in 5th so you two could meet any where from a college party/reunion (I don't know if your in college or have graduated these are just examples or never went.) A large celebration. To a foriegn restaurant. Saturn could also make him older.

Last edited:

virgo18

Aside of the Venus info. I know that any planets conjunction to angles in other person's chart; lead to attraction.

But what I am trying to say, is that the 7th house "is like" the ascendant of the partner "the strong sign in he's chart who oppose or conjunct yours" by sign, or placement.

In the case of my father; he's 7th house ruler "Mercury in Scorpio" is placed in the "(12th house)...the natural house of Neptune and Jupiter".

If my father's 7th house ruler supposedly describe my mother's chart ruler......
Mom's chart ruler is; "Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd"..... So that's what my father is looking for; "Someone who looks like Mercury in Pisces" since the 3rd house is ruled by mercury.
Also; my father, has the moon in the 7th.
and mom's moon is strongly aspected by her sun, ascendant, and chart ruler.

mom's 7th house ruler is Mercury in the 6th in Gemini.
my father mercury conjunct he's ascendant, aspects he's chart ruler, and he has the moon in gemini(he's mercurial). So that's what my mother is looking for.
Also she has Venus in the 7th... and my father's chart ruler is in the 2nd(house of Venus) who give's him Venusian traits.

Its easy to understand.

I would sugqest looking at both or your 7th houses for marriage. The rulers, the planets and the aspects they make to see if both you charts describe each other.

I'm no expert on synastry though and I can't really see both your charts so I'm not sure but this seems like the case.

Last edited:

virgo18

Actually I'm quite confused by your process. For example My Brother's 7th house begins in Aquarius. Uranus is in Cappricorn in 5th. Are you saying that whay he's looking for is someone who looks like Uranus in Leo?

exactly..... someone sarturnian(older and/or wiser).... expresive(leo and/or string sun).... different "aquarius" (age and/or very liberal)

it is easy

Vagabondgirl

I read somewhere that saturn in the 7th or conjunct DC gives either an older partner, delayed or even early bad working marriage, or that the partner is Capricorn. So doesnt need to be old I guess?

virgo18

I read somewhere that saturn in the 7th or conjunct DC gives either an older partner, delayed or even early bad working marriage, or that the partner is Capricorn. So doesnt need to be old I guess?

It can be any of that options. If Saturn is well aspected... and yes, he doesn't need to be old if you don't like older guys. My 7th is Gemini, and I dont like younger guys:sick:

But I think a bad working marriage has to be with the ruler of the 7th and its aspects.

My mother had a very bad working marriage, and she has Venus in the 7th.
thats because the ruler of the 7th house "mercury" is:
squaring Saturn in the 2nd (money problems during her marriage)
Pluto in the 9th (my dad cheated on her, both weren't really in love with each other)
Chiron in the 3rd (Gossip about her marriage, cheating) Think so.

She doesn't have any Uranus aspects in her chart, and she got divorced.

Last edited:

Lovebug

exactly..... someone sarturnian(older and/or wiser).... expresive(leo and/or string sun).... different "aquarius" (age and/or very liberal)

it is easy

Oh that makes sense! That what I was doing before excpet I didn't think to use the orginal house ruler! Thanks for that!

So for my chart Gemini in 7th, Mecury, 4th house in Aries.
I want someone direct, bold and a leader (aries), A good cook whose very maternial (cancer) And Someone very chatty, versitle, idealistic and intelligent.

Last edited:

PD187540

Hmm, I've always wanted to know who my first marriage partner (and hopefully only one!) will be.

My 7th House is in Cancer, Moon at 29 degrees Aries at the very end of the 3rd house, conjunct the 4th house cusp, and conjunct Juno in Taurus

Other Moon aspects in my chart include: opposition Saturn and Pluto in 9th House (conjunct MC), trine to Venus and Mars (both in 8th), and trine Neptune in 12th

What could this all indicate about my partner? Looks like it could be a male.

If Saturn is 7 degrees from the 7th house, does it point to the partner? Or is it a too wide orb....

I have Gemini AC, and DC in sagittarius. 2 of my last partners (one I was married to) had Sun and AC in sagittarius. I also have Uranus (singleton) in the 7th house with only one strong aspect from the sun (sextile).

Yes, 7' for me is far too wide.

Lovely anecdote about Saturn from member mahaira,
There's an interesting thing I read somewhere, which I would never take as a rule as it oversimplifies matters - we can guess where someone's Saturn is placed, broadly speaking, by asking him/her "What do you want (or did want) but don't have?"

Actually I'm quite confused by your process. For example My Brother's 7th house begins in Aquarius. Uranus is in Cappricorn in 5th. Are you saying that whay he's looking for is someone who looks like Uranus in Leo?

here are some links for you to explore ie: derived houses

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html
http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/astrology/LearningAstrology/housesDerived.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_house
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm

byjove

Account Closed
Yes, 7' for me is far too wide.

Lovely anecdote about Saturn from member mahaira,

I very much support ideas like this, and frequently these observations are the result of great experience. I do however have to say that that question would lead someone astray with me...I'd say a high-powered career, yet Saturn is in the last 2 degrees of my 5th house, neither in the 5th or 6th could I see that.

To add a little to the thread topic, I'd say that charts are like a bag of mixed sweets, you don't know which one your hand is going to take out - some charts have a lot more, seemingly obvious information about marriage partners, and some just don't. The same can be said for finances etc. Such as the 7th ruler in the 6th or 9th - meeting the partner at work or they are an employee or your responsibility (6th, subserviance, colleagues) or 9th; abroad, foreign, higher educational institutions, religious or legal locations etc.

Combine that information with Venus' location by house and aspects to add up the clues.

Last edited: