what is going on whan a planet is less then 3 degrees far away from Sun?

natasa812

Re: Your Mercury and Your Learning Style

Olivia said:
Cazimi is within 17 minutes of conjunction. Anything more than that up to 8.5 degrees is combustion, and up to about 15 degrees is called 'under the beams' - which isn't as debilitating as combustion, but it's still considered a weakening of the planet.

Thank you for your reply, we are off topic, but I still don`t understand what is going on whan a planet is less then 3 degrees far away from Sun. Like my Jupiter that is in a 1,7 degrees far away from the Sun. Is this combustion or not?
Thank you

[moved off-topic discussion to a new thread - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

CarrieLee

Hi My Sun is 22 degrees 8 min Virgo and Pluto is 22 degrees 39 minutes, it is to my understanding that it is the minutes that count while my sun pluto is combust because of the closeness it is not cazimi because the minutes are not close enough.
Pluto rules my life...That is for sure..

Mr stellium

natasa812 said:
I still don`t understand what is going on whan a planet is less then 3 degrees far away from Sun. Like my Jupiter that is in a 1,7 degrees far away from the Sun. Is this combustion or not?
Yes that is combustion. According to traditional astrologers combustion is the worst affliction a planet can have as it is "burned up" by the Sun. All planets except Mars can be combust (Because of the fiery nature of Mars he is considered strengthened when conjunt the Sun). However all interpretations I have read of Sun conjunct Jupiter are overwhelmingly positive, supposedly giving luck, optimism and generally good health. The only area in which it is bad to have Jupiter combust is when it is the alcochoden (giver of years) in longevity calculations but I won't go into that in the Greenhorns lounge.

natasa812

Mr stellium said:
Yes that is combustion. According to traditional astrologers combustion is the worst affliction a planet can have as it is "burned up" by the Sun. All planets except Mars can be combust (Because of the fiery nature of Mars he is considered strengthened when conjunt the Sun). However all interpretations I have read of Sun conjunct Jupiter are overwhelmingly positive, supposedly giving luck, optimism and generally good health. The only area in which it is bad to have Jupiter combust is when it is the alcochoden (giver of years) in longevity calculations but I won't go into that in the Greenhorns lounge.

Thank you for your answer and that is the way I feel for all of my life (mostly). Optimistic and positive and enjoying good health.
Wish to you too all the benefits of Jupiter (with or without combust :)
Natasa

natasa812

astrologer50 said:
not sure where this thread is from Natasha or Olivia.

If you read the welcome 'sticky' at the top of this forum you will find lots of links to gain basic info/knowledge on astrology. there really is no substitute for study, research etc.

Here's one of my favourites
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/planetsaspectsastrology.html

Thank you again Astrologer50, you give us many links for different issues. What was comfusing me and Olivia understood was that in all those links combustion is something from 3 to 8,4 degrees. It is described in that area - from 3 to 8. But how do we call the distance less then 3 degrees I could not find anywhere...
But thank you anyway for your concern...
And I know it is not the subject for study or research that is why I did not want to start a new thread only for 1 question but rules are strict...
Best r
Natasa

natasa812

CarrieLee said:
Hi My Sun is 22 degrees 8 min Virgo and Pluto is 22 degrees 39 minutes, it is to my understanding that it is the minutes that count while my sun pluto is combust because of the closeness it is not cazimi because the minutes are not close enough.
Pluto rules my life...That is for sure..

I still don`t understand the difference between minutes and degrees. Maybe that is the problem. If you could post more, it would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Natasa

Ajar

I still don`t understand the difference between minutes and degrees. Maybe that is the problem. If you could post more, it would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Natasa

Degrees and minutes are measures of distance in a circle.

A degree is 1/360 of a circle.

A minute is 1/60 of a degree.

Of course the circle here, is the chart, divided by 12 signs each with 30 degrees, and 60 minutes to each degree.

Hope this helps.

There is also 60 seconds to each minute, but we don't get that precise in Astrology.

Last edited: