Future aspects

natasa812

I am trying to learn horary, I even gave some corect interpretations but I also made some mistakes. I understand that whan we have aspect (trine, conj. or whatever), that we are talking about PAST EVENT.
What I still don`t know, is how to predict a future movement of a planet. Another member posted this:
The order of planetary swiftness is Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn.

and I found it very useful. I also have ephemeris, but it is not helpful. Why? For exapmle: Moon is the fastest planet, Mercury comes 2nd, than Venus and so on. So, if we have Mercury reaching a significator and if significator is far away, how long does it take for Sun (for example) to reach the significator first and how to understand this?
Is this a matter of experiance or is there a matematical way or should I study ephemeris more?

Thank you in advance and sorry for the letters but I cound not reduce them...

natasa812

I see. So, I have to start with programs and more advanced astrology...
Thank you Ra, I understood that something was ¸¸missing¸¸ for me...
Is there a link or a program that you recomend or maybe it is too early for me to start with this. Or maybe I want even be able to understand the program... Since it is a step forward in learning horary...
Thank you again

Last edited:

archergirl

I understand that whan we have aspect (trine, conj. or whatever), that we are talking about PAST EVENT.
What I still don`t know, is how to predict a future movement of a planet.

An aspect gives either a past or future event, Natasa. If the trine hasn't yet perfected, it shows a future event. If the trine has already separated, it shows a past event. If a planet is retrograde, you will see the 'Rx' underneath it, and so you will also understand that the degrees will get smaller (21, 20, 19, 18, etc.) and that it might either be moving away from another planet (a planet at, say, 22 degrees of a sign) or moving toward an aspect with another planet, even though it's going backwards: a planet at, say, 16 degrees of a sign. You don't need an ephemeris for this; you simply need to look at the degrees of each planet in relation to one another.

Understanding the swiftness of the planets is important, yes; and so is understanding when a planet is slow in motion. This is where an ephemeris comes in handy. Venus, right now, is very slow in motion, about to station retrograde. So Mars, you will notice from horary charts in the past two weeks, has caught up with and 'passed' a sextile with Venus. Mars is usually slower, but Mars is moving very fast right now in comparison to Venus.

AG:)

natasa812

Thank you Archergirl, Olivia and Ra.
Olivia, this is the link I have been ``using`` (using is an optimistic approach - trying to understand would be better):
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ae/2000/d5ge1_2009.pdf

Archergirl, thank you again, I did not know that this is so simple and that can be understood by looking at degrees. I will study this more... Today I was so disapointed since it looked like I can not understand some simple things. In my natal I have only 2 sextiles between Uranus and Sun, and Uranus with Jupiter, even thinking maybe I am not talented for astrology. My 12th is ruled by Saturn in 3rd - making a trine with Pluto in 7th. But I think that there is a YOD pointing on that Saturn (N. Node in 12th, Pluto in 7th and Saturn in 3rd). I`ll study more about YOD`s and I`ll post on the relevant thread.

Now, if I understood corectly, if I see a trine, it is not FOR SURE past event since the same trine depends on degrees (aplying or leaving each other). I mean, no matter if we are talking about past or future events - there will be trine shown in chart? Or not?
And I have to study more about Swiftness...
Hope I`ll learn horary one day...
And when saying I don`t want to become astrologer, I appreciate your work it is just that (for some reason), I don`t want more changes in my life. Just like my job and want to use horary for predictions and like it for its accuracy. And Ra is briliant indeed...

natasa812

Thank you again Olivia, I started a new tread for my Mercury in natal, since it is well aspected but in Detriment and retro and I don`t know what to think. It has the title ``Mercury aspect``.
Wish you the best
N