Progressions and tertiary progressions

natasa812

I`ve made a natal + progressions. Than I made natal + tertiary progressions. And in tertiary progressions I only have 2 months difference in date from progressed chart but the result is totaly different and planets are in totaly different position. Progressions are too difficult for me but sometimes, I would like to know what planet is transiting or in progression with my natal planet and what influence to expect. I don`t know the difference and what do I need to do to just see for example, where is Mercury now (progressed or in transition - whatever is better) related to my natal Mercury.
Thank you in advance
Natasa

EJ53

Banned
Hi Natasa,

Progressions are based upon the theory that "one day's transit of the sun from the time of birth = 1 year of progression from the date of birth".

Tertiary progressions are based upon the theory that a one degree transit of the moon = 1 month of progression.

In effect then, tertiary progressions move around 12 times faster than "day-for-year" sun progressions........So, the two charts would be very different.

Generally, we use the "day-for-a year" sun progressed chart to "predict" the whole year.......and 12 consecutive tertiary charts to see what is happening month by month during that year. (PM me if you need further clarification).

To see where transitting Mercury and progressed Mercury are in relation to you natal chart......Use Astro.com to create a "natal+progressions" chart wheel and/or a "natal+transits" chart wheel.....(You can get a Natal+progressions+transits wheel that shows all three together, but it's very confusing).........These chart wheels will also give you a list of aspects made by the transit/progressed planets to the natal chart.

Does this help........or is it too confusing to follow my rambling?

EJ:)

Last edited:

natasa812

EJ53 said:
Hi Natasa,

Progressions are based upon the theory that "one day's transit of the sun from the time of birth = 1 year of progression from the date of birth".

Tertiary progressions are based upon the theory that a one degree transit of the moon = 1 month of progression.

In effect then, tertiary progressions move around 12 times faster than "day-for-year" sun progressions........So, the two charts would be very different.

Generally, we use the "day-for-a year" sun progressed chart to "predict" the whole year.......and 12 consecutive tertiary charts to see what is happening month by month during that year. (PM me if you need further clarification).

To see where transitting Mercury and progressed Mercury are in relation to you natal chart......Use Astro.com to create a "natal+progressions" chart wheel and/or a "natal+transits" chart wheel.....(You can get a Natal+progressions+transits wheel that shows all three together, but it's very confusing).........These chart wheels will also give you a list of aspects made by the transit/progressed planets to the natal chart.

Does this help........or is it too confusing to follow my rambling?

I see now why those 2 charts were so different. For now, I`ll just ``stick`` with progressions since they are simple and yes indeed, it all looks very complicated. Last year was difficult for me and than I saw this progressed Pluto and also retro in exact conj. with my natal Pluto as also a progressed Saturn in exact conj. with my natal Saturn. I lost all of my energy and optimism for the first time. Very strange year indeed.
I will not search and make Natal + progressions + ++ charts since it is indeed comfusing for me. Still trying to learn horary and natal.

Since we are talking about Mercury retro, now that he turned direct, I see you had some inspiration in your signature ;)
Sunshiny regards
Natasa

EJ53

Banned
natasa812 said:
Last year was difficult for me and than I saw this progressed Pluto and also retro in exact conj. with my natal Pluto as also a progressed Saturn in exact conj. with my natal Saturn. I lost all of my energy and optimism for the first time. Very strange year indeed.

Usually, we don't consider outer planets in progressed charts Natasa......because they move too slowly to change position significantly during the course of our lives. So, Progessed Pluto will always be conjunct Natal Pluto and that's likely to be the case for Saturn also.

Last year however, your progressed Moon crossed over the natal Sun/Jupiter conjunction; progressed Mercury squared natal Pluto and progressed Mars squared natal Venus.........probably causing that loss of energy/optimism.....This year though, only the Progressed Mars square natal Venus is active in your life......So, you might experience some (continuing) problems/conflict with "group relationships". (And, since Saturn is currently transitting your natal 7th house, you should learn something about yourself from this conflict.)

natasa812

Thank you VERY MUCH. I did not expect an interpretation but this was ilustrative and is enlightening the whole ``last year`` feeling. Yes indeed, I don`t feel so ``social`` any more, like avoiding ``group relationships`` and friendships generaly. I have 2-3 close friends and I simply (without reason) don`t want to see or meet other people. To explain it in detail, it is like an inner voice telling me that I should evaluate more my time and time that I ``give`` to ``my people`` and that there must be a selection made from now on. You are absolutely right about this. Like I am learning curently about the ``right distribution`` of time and values, spending more time decorating my house and seeing family members.
In my work also, I give more emphasis on written texts staying at my office (I did a new decoration in here also) than at verbal / simultaneous translation I do on Court. I just don`t want to see the crowd any more. Like making my own micro - cosmos. I had some proposals for cooperation and even copartnership in different area but there is some kind of blockage (probably this Mars Venus square) inside of me. I am still thinking about those proposals. I`ll let you know or, you will find out anyway because I always put Horary for questions like this.
Thank you again

Natasa :)

pinecloud

Dear Natasa,
Continued to have bad luck since March 2009, I would appreciate If you can look at my charts. Everyone can go through difficult time at some point in their life,But things may improve after good fortune or favourable transit return

I am not familiar with transit nor progressed chart reading. Do those methods can predict my future?
I have been laid off in Sept 2007 from my work (purchasing agent) for an automotive
industry ever since I refused relocation to Mexico
I applied two dozen jobs with no luck
I had to have a major heart surgery
I lost more than one third of my stock value last year.
I seem to find new female friends but lost them all perhaps I talked too much about my past.You are right about that I don't need a courtessan. Just be straight forward and honest are all I need to find a friend as you say.

Attachments

• 2009Progressed.jpg
    2009Progressed.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 26
  • mynatal.jpg
    mynatal.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 30

natasa812

Dear Pinecloud,

as you can see from the post above, even for myself I had to ask for help from more experienced members because I am not a proffesional astrologer neather willing to be. I have no knowledge to answer such complicated questions

Wish you the very very best