Mercury aspect

natasa812

In my natal, I have my Mercury well placed in 10th, in Sag., in conj. with Jupiter, Sun and MC. Sextiles AC also. But, Starlink pointed to me to look for the term of it (very corectly indeed), and it is in Detriment.
Now, I read that if a planet is in detriment, no matter how well placed it is or how good aspected, it is acctualy useless...
It is also retro if it is important.
Now, I can say that I made the best of my Mercury in my life, working as a translator / court interpreter... Don`t know how to explain the Detriment or is it the Jupiter or the Sun that is somehow giving it ``strenght``...

Acctualy, the question is: whan do we take Detriment under concideration and what are the factors to ``improve`` the condition of a planet whan in Detriment or Fall...

Thank you in advance

Well obviously merc conj jupiter does give it an outlet, in fact this aspect tends to overtalk or not talk enough on occasions. Am not at all surprised your are translator...

Mercury retrograde, go look at what age it went direct. I have mercury retro and it went direct approx age 19, and seemed to really come out of my shell... When younger esepc it tends to make a quite, almost shy verbal person where the thoughts go inward insted of out and become very analtyical, and good at thinking things through. This is obviously good for study, school work etc.... Have other info but will send PM cos dont know author to post
;)

seagrass

I am not at all surprised that communication and especially a helpful one (Jupiter benevolence) has been one of your vocations.
Communication in general should be a great talent of yours, even with a retrograde "beginning". Sounds like you overcame the challenge.

Well done!

natasa812

Thank you Astrologer50, yes indeed, I was very shy as a child... On another post you send me a link (a table) to see whan it went direct. And thank you for additional information
Best r
Natasa

natasa812

Here is an exelent explanation about retrograde planets (includes of course Mercury):

Originally Posted by wilsontc
Alluring,

Retrograde planets tend to hold the qualities of planets back early in a person's life, forcing the person with retrograde planets to RE-evaluate the energies of the retrograde planet. This frequently results in the person becoming VERY focused on overcoming their retro issues and mastering the full energy of that planet. The result in later life is frequently an INCREASED sense of the energy of that planet, from a childhood of focusing on how to best use the retrograde planetary energy in their lives.

Moving forward,

Tim

-------------------------------------------------
And of couse explaines a lot...