Random Thoughts, strictly Text

petosiris

Banned
A Saturn Return uses the Zodiacal Natal-chart position of Saturn as a fixed point. The tropical Zodiac uses the tropical year, the sidereal Zodiac uses the sidereal year.

The sidereal year is a fiction equal to the Saturnian year. For one can define a year as the time for the conjunction of the Sun with Saturn as one does it with the constellations. The tropical year alone is not a fiction, but absolute truth, for the Sun revolves around the fixed Earth.

david starling

The sidereal year is a fiction equal to the Saturnian year. For one can define a year as the time for the conjunction of the Sun with Saturn as one does it with the constellations. The tropical year alone is not a fiction, but absolute truth, for the Sun revolves around the fixed Earth.

Yes, when the Earth is the fixed coordinate.

petosiris

Banned
Well, you're an either/or kind of guy. I can entertain both paradigms, one at a time. One doesn't cancel out the other, as I see it.

Why do you say you entertain both paradigms, but specify ''one at a time''?
Can't you use them at the same time?
At what time do you use one, and at what time do you use the other?
Do you accept the principle of noncontradiction?

david starling

Why do you say you entertain both paradigms, but specify ''one at a time''?
Can't you use them at the same time?
At what time do you use one, and at what time do you use the other?
Do you accept the principle of noncontradiction?

I use the Heliocentric to interpret some things about the Geocentric. I also use Earth's rotation to move the Ascendant through the Signs, instead of moving the Signs across the Ascendant.

Like climbing a tall tree during a journey through the forest to get an overview. Then, climbing down and continuing the journey with information gained from the overview.

petosiris

Banned
I use the Heliocentric to interpret some things about the Geocentric. I also use Earth's rotation to move the Ascendant through the Signs, instead of moving the Signs across the Ascendant.

Like climbing a tall tree during a journey through the forest to get an overview. Then, climbing down and continuing the journey with information gained from the overview.

Are you saying that the universe rotates around the Sun and the Earth (maybe their barycenter)? :smile:

Last edited: