Moon/Venus conjunction. Emotionally self sufficient?

Munch

I was just pondering this aspect in my chart because no matter what I do not feel driven to be in relationships or even associate with my family, though I do feel driven to care for their physical well being. That's it though.

I have strong emotional ties with my family but don't feel like I'd ever be even slightly lost without them. For one, I am nothing like them (well mom, sorta but she's a Cancer and I'm a Capricorn so its the same but different). I feel like it might leave a void for a little bit if a major calamity befell the lot of us, but I don't feel like I'd be emotionally devastated in the long term.

Even in my very close relationship with my boyfriend, I have an emotional self sufficiency that seems hard to justify in light of my life long, intense insecurity. That problem is rapidly falling to the way side during my Pluto/IC and Sun transit, which is of course, quite lovely, but still I do marvel at my self sufficiency in the area of self love.

I wonder if it might have something to do with my very tight Moon/Venus conjunction. I wonder if it might be amplified in Sun/Venus.

I would love for people with either Moon/Venus or Sun/Venus close contact to respond about their experiences of self worth, love and evaluation. Thanks!

Edwotica

I've got Moon/Venus to the degree in Scorpio, conjunct my Libra Ascendant. I feel the self-sufficiency, but I could also factor in the conjunction occurring in Aries' first house, the trine to Mars, the majority of my chart being on the eastern hemisphere, and Venus being my chart ruler. I always feel as if I'm working in a sense, as I'm able to constantly play the social scientist and analyze my interactions with people fairly subconsciously. My MC falls between Leo/Cancer, so my Moon and sensuality acts as a sort of front, allowing my 12h Libra Sun to work from behind the scenes. I imagine the softness and changeability of the Moon encompassing all of my surroundings, as if I'm part of a beautiful film, so I'm able to transform my emotional self, like a chameleon, to easily match whatever scenario I found myself in, and to beam an optimistic light to those around me. I'm incredibly independent, and have grown through the lessons I've encountered over the past few years, especially in being proactive toward what I truly value. I also have an array of indescribable emotions within my psyche, but I'm confident, and know how I like to hold my self publicly, so they don't generally get in the way apart in conversation with close friends. I'm currently a student at University, which isn't working well with my personal learning style, so I'm planning on working on a farm in France starting in June!

Attachments

• astro_245gw_01_edward_jones_2011121.78069.30694.jpg
    astro_245gw_01_edward_jones_2011121.78069.30694.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 15

Munch

Hmm.

You and I are similar in our eastern hemisphere emphasis so maybe that does play into it big time.

I am curious if you have a hard time working day in and day out at a job that is unfullfilling for you. I ask because it would seem that daily habits (moon) being tied so closely to my passions/loves (Venus) makes it hard for ME to work places that I don't feel fullfilled.

Of course, that might have a lot to do with the sign influence of Sagittarius as well as Neptune being a part of the tight moon/venus conjunction creating a stellium in my 3rd house. I day dream A LOT! The second work feels too much like work, I have to fight hard to not check out completely.

Edwotica

Absolutely, but I've sort of adapted my perspective in that I generally always feel as if I'm working. I have the lens of a social scientist, and astrology exists as another tool for analyzation. My two jobs while in high school helped show me this, as a waiter and then many positions at a nice grocery store. I learned how to adapt myself in order to deal with different people, and that the prime relationship is always one on one. What I don't find fulfilling is being a student, as it's way too easy, and it's not the type of learning environment that I want to be immersed in. I'm looking for feeling and action! I think that the combination of Sagittarius and Neptune in the 3H would act fairly similar to my Sun/Mercury in Libra (plus Jupiter on cusp) in 12H. I take it as attempting to extract larger meanings from day to day encounters, both intuitively and analytically. I find this absolutely true with myself, only I bet I have more staying power with my fixed Scorpio, and then behind-the-scenes 12H work. You have more mutable influence, so I could imagine your perspective on life playing out like the flow of a film :joyful:

Do you feel cool posting your chart?

Munch

It's not a problem at all. I'm just at work so I don't want to download anything to my work computer.:bandit:

It is however posted in my profile. :)

I am not very fixed in nature, unless you are talking about my desire to rebel. That all works out internally (mostly). My two fixed planets are Uranus at 28 degrees Scorpio sextile Mars at 3 degrees Aquarius.

Oceanearth1

Do you feel as if you need your space from them? Almost as if too much time with them is smothering and suffocating you? Growing up I wasn't always close with my family. We were very distant and I guess you could say I didn't receive the nurturing I needed to form close family ties and attachments to people. I find myself now becoming afraid to feel vulnerable because I've been used to depending only on myself. It became this void that I don't think would be necessary to come to peace with because of that feeling of needing to hold my own always... of that feeling to always be self sufficient in terms of my well being, emotions, needs everything. I was almost too prideful to let myself break. I almost was too 'independent' to let myself receive from others. I would always give and give and give, it would genuinely make me happy, though I would give to a point where it was detrimental to my well being. I would give of myself because I thought I needed to carry the entire world on my shoulders. I needed to be that strong. Receiving from others was out of the question because I associated it with pity. I thought if I were to accept from others, I would feel vulnerable. I thought to be vulnerable was not being good enough for the incredibly high standards that I placed on myself. I've been breaking recently, yet that feeling of pity still haunts me. I am terrified that that what I will succumb to, pity. Maybe its that I don't feel worth it, to receive help, because all this time I've guarded myself against it... But it's only because I still feel like I do need to carry the world on my shoulders. I never received this during my upbringing and it caused me to create this guard, so I partly don't know how to accept it because of my guard. I'm not sure if I'm worth receiving it, because of this.. This guarded world I've built to protect myself from this, from being vulnerable, from receiving help holds me back- and I know this. I'm aware and I am trying to make steps to find peace with this. Find peace with my self worth. I am terrified of rejection and for a long time the slightest hint of it, would have me running for the hills. It would have me put this guard up forever. When I would feel what i perceived as the slightest hint of rejection from lovers (which could be simple space for their personal reasons, I would take it personal as if it were attack towards me), it would make me feel inferior. That insecurity would become a self fulfilling prophecy, literally. I tend to smother when I feel insecure. I would put up a guard, while at the same time handing over my heart, all of it and basically saying here take it.. just take all of me. That would both push people away and sacrifice my well being. I partly feel my ability to give all to love, is because of my Venus in Scorpio and my deep fear of being abandoned. I feel my lack of emotional and family security, lack of deep roots created that fear. I know it isn't an excuse, because I fed into it. That deep fear, did become a self fulfilling prophecy. I would expect almost every time, someone to leave me, Always. And with that I would start to become insecure, I would start to give all of myself emotionally. And again, it would push people away. It became this unhealthy self fulfilling prophecy. It made me feel worthless and deeply not good enough... I became reluctant to reveal my true self because deeply I am misunderstood naturally by others.. especially the ones closest to me. I became reluctant to reveal my deepest emotions because when I have it was almost as if they weren't appreciated, they weren't acknowledged or accepted. My emotions run deep and I am very complex, like a riddle, I over analyze everything and my guard has pushed away many people. It has pushed away friends and family. People change, and my family tried to become closer, emotionally and I did hold a lot of unforgiveness in the past, however I was willing to put it aside for this growth. It was easier said than done, and I was very skeptical at first but once I forgave them and myself for letting this affect me, I saw the pure light in their intent and their soul. I felt the love that they were also trying to find, give and accept. Still though I found myself reluctant to be around them at all. Even a little still, I feel this need to distance myself from my family. I love them so much. I would do absolutely anything for them. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if something extreme ever happened, it's just I feel as if I cannot be around them. I know they take it personal. I know they feel as if I don't enjoy coming home, or visiting them while I am off from school. It's not that though. I would never put any blame towards them because that wouldn't benefit either of us. I want them to be happy and free, it's just those deep ties they try to instill, that vulnerability and attachment they try to reveal frightens me. My intentions are genuine it's just I am just currently trying to find that love within my self. I know it is the right time to be distant, distant from everyone around me. I know this is what I need. I need to get away from this all, physically and take a journey, a journey that will help me find and accept myself, accept that void, fill it with love and find that type of independence which is empowering. It fears me to be all alone, deeply fears me. I feel raw and broken and unloved when I am all alone. It's almost as if the world can move on without me. Without caring for me. With leaving me behind. When I am truly alone it terrifies me the most, however I know this is what I need. I know this is what I must do for my growth. I know this is what I must find for myself, and accept for myself because it will bring this type of independence that has no guard, instead is empowered to be raw and open.

I'm not sure how the placements in my chart correlate with this but you can definitely check it out if you want. If you do, let my know if you find any relations, thanks :)

Also thank you for listening.

Attachments

• jen johnson birth chart.png
    jen johnson birth chart.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 23

Flowergirl

I was hoping you had a Placidus (Not whole house) chart in your album as well... I would love to have a look at such a chart as I am intrigued by your questions.

Munch

Do you feel as if you need your space from them? Almost as if too much time with them is smothering and suffocating you? Growing up I wasn't always close with my family. We were very distant and I guess you could say I didn't receive the nurturing I needed to form close family ties and attachments to people. I find myself now becoming afraid to feel vulnerable because I've been used to depending only on myself. It became this void that I don't think would be necessary to come to peace with because of that feeling of needing to hold my own always... of that feeling to always be self sufficient in terms of my well being, emotions, needs everything. I was almost too prideful to let myself break. I almost was too 'independent' to let myself receive from others. I would always give and give and give, it would genuinely make me happy, though I would give to a point where it was detrimental to my well being. I would give of myself because I thought I needed to carry the entire world on my shoulders. I needed to be that strong. Receiving from others was out of the question because I associated it with pity. I thought if I were to accept from others, I would feel vulnerable. I thought to be vulnerable was not being good enough for the incredibly high standards that I placed on myself. I've been breaking recently, yet that feeling of pity still haunts me. I am terrified that that what I will succumb to, pity. Maybe its that I don't feel worth it, to receive help, because all this time I've guarded myself against it... But it's only because I still feel like I do need to carry the world on my shoulders. I never received this during my upbringing and it caused me to create this guard, so I partly don't know how to accept it because of my guard. I'm not sure if I'm worth receiving it, because of this.. This guarded world I've built to protect myself from this, from being vulnerable, from receiving help holds me back- and I know this. I'm aware and I am trying to make steps to find peace with this. Find peace with my self worth. I am terrified of rejection and for a long time the slightest hint of it, would have me running for the hills. It would have me put this guard up forever. When I would feel what i perceived as the slightest hint of rejection from lovers (which could be simple space for their personal reasons, I would take it personal as if it were attack towards me), it would make me feel inferior. That insecurity would become a self fulfilling prophecy, literally. I tend to smother when I feel insecure. I would put up a guard, while at the same time handing over my heart, all of it and basically saying here take it.. just take all of me. That would both push people away and sacrifice my well being. I partly feel my ability to give all to love, is because of my Venus in Scorpio and my deep fear of being abandoned. I feel my lack of emotional and family security, lack of deep roots created that fear. I know it isn't an excuse, because I fed into it. That deep fear, did become a self fulfilling prophecy. I would expect almost every time, someone to leave me, Always. And with that I would start to become insecure, I would start to give all of myself emotionally. And again, it would push people away. It became this unhealthy self fulfilling prophecy. It made me feel worthless and deeply not good enough... I became reluctant to reveal my true self because deeply I am misunderstood naturally by others.. especially the ones closest to me. I became reluctant to reveal my deepest emotions because when I have it was almost as if they weren't appreciated, they weren't acknowledged or accepted. My emotions run deep and I am very complex, like a riddle, I over analyze everything and my guard has pushed away many people. It has pushed away friends and family. People change, and my family tried to become closer, emotionally and I did hold a lot of unforgiveness in the past, however I was willing to put it aside for this growth. It was easier said than done, and I was very skeptical at first but once I forgave them and myself for letting this affect me, I saw the pure light in their intent and their soul. I felt the love that they were also trying to find, give and accept. Still though I found myself reluctant to be around them at all. Even a little still, I feel this need to distance myself from my family. I love them so much. I would do absolutely anything for them. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if something extreme ever happened, it's just I feel as if I cannot be around them. I know they take it personal. I know they feel as if I don't enjoy coming home, or visiting them while I am off from school. It's not that though. I would never put any blame towards them because that wouldn't benefit either of us. I want them to be happy and free, it's just those deep ties they try to instill, that vulnerability and attachment they try to reveal frightens me. My intentions are genuine it's just I am just currently trying to find that love within my self. I know it is the right time to be distant, distant from everyone around me. I know this is what I need. I need to get away from this all, physically and take a journey, a journey that will help me find and accept myself, accept that void, fill it with love and find that type of independence which is empowering. It fears me to be all alone, deeply fears me. I feel raw and broken and unloved when I am all alone. It's almost as if the world can move on without me. Without caring for me. With leaving me behind. When I am truly alone it terrifies me the most, however I know this is what I need. I know this is what I must do for my growth. I know this is what I must find for myself, and accept for myself because it will bring this type of independence that has no guard, instead is empowered to be raw and open.

I'm not sure how the placements in my chart correlate with this but you can definitely check it out if you want. If you do, let my know if you find any relations, thanks :)

Also thank you for listening.

It sounds like things are quite hard for you at this time but that you are willing and wanting to work on whatever issues you feel you may have. That's great!!!

However, I don't see this aspect in your chart. It looks like you have A Venus/Jupiter/Moon stellium, but it is really hard to tell with the chart that you posted. Could you post one generated at astro.com? It would be much easier to tell that way.

If by chance you don't actually have this placement, I 'd still love to take a look at your chart for you to see what's going on in it. You'll just need to start another thread for yourself under 'read my chart.'

I have a wide conjunction...7 degrees...
I really relate, though. I suspect that may have to do with my packed 12 th house. I kinda really dig my own company and feel no internal pressure to connect. Desire to connect, I feel for sure, just not an ache of loneliness that I know many others experience. Probably it is more to do with my 12 th house, and me kind of drifting along in my imagination. I love down time on my own.