99% Emotionally Compatible

freedomlover

I was talking with a male friend the other day, who ran our biorhythms. He said, "Do you know we are supposed to be 99% emotionally compatible?"
I was kind of stunned, as I'd never seen any numbers that high on a biorhythm calculator. Apparently he hadn't either.

He is a friend, but not a really close friend, although I think it's headed that way. So, I can't say I know from experience how emotionally compatible we would be, as we've really not hung out together - only talked on the phone and some emailing.

Anyway, I got to thinking.... I wonder if our synastry would echo us having extreme emotional compatibility? And, I'm interested in our synastry interpretation, in general.....

I find these things interesting:

First and foremost - he has a natal Yod from Saturn Rx in Aquarius/5th and Jupiter Rx in Aries/7th to his Sun/Venus conjunction in Virgo/12th.
My Uranus/Pluto conjunction is right on the apex of this yod, conjunct his Sun/Venus. The trigger point of his yod contains my Saturn/Eros/Chiron/Ceres conjunction in Pisces. His Chiron is there as well, in his 6th house.

(We met when Uranus in Pisces was at 17' Pisces in his 6th/my 2nd - exactly on my Chiron - and exactly at trigger point of Yod)

His Moon in Gemini on my NN and opposing my Sun/Sn in Sag.

My Jupiter Rx in Gemini tightly conjunct his MC. His Mars/Vesta conjunction in Libra conjunct my MC.

My Venus in Capricorn is on his South Node.

From the synastry, I would suspect we were married in a past life, or else I was his mother. There definitely was an immediate recognition between us.

The chart shows a lot of 4th/8th house type of things - and Earth placements - but our relationship so far has been very communication-focused - much due to the Jupiter Rx in Gemini trine Mars in Libra on both of our MCs, I'm sure.

What do the rest of you see in this chart? Do you see extreme emotional compatibility?

I am inner wheel - he is outer wheel. Thanks to all who will add their insight.

Also: If anyone doesn't like AstroDienst Synastry charts, and would like the birth data to run their own, please let me know, and I will PM. I'm not a big fan of AstroDienst synastry charts, in particular, but it's all I have ability to run right now. (God bless AstroDienst, though!)

Attachments

• astro_61gw_27_1458_female_dwayne_mccourt_hp.73619.18122.jpg
    astro_61gw_27_1458_female_dwayne_mccourt_hp.73619.18122.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

freedomlover

I thought the emotional compatibility might show up in the composite chart maybe moreso than the synastry.

Here is our composite:

(Again, if anyone wants birth data, let me know, and I will pm.)

I find the Venus/Neptune conjunction on the Composite Ascendant very interesting. Chiron in Pisces in the 4th is also exactly trine the Ascendant, and so, also Venus/Neptune. Sounds like really good emotional compatibility to me.

Attachments

• astro_621gw_27_1458_female_dwayne_mccourt_hp.84305.2650-composite.jpg
    astro_621gw_27_1458_female_dwayne_mccourt_hp.84305.2650-composite.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 25

kanshu

May I suggest you download a trial version of World-of-Wisdom's astrology software for lovers? Enter both your info and print the corresponding report (which by the way is very comprehensive). You should also get a JPG of the charts on the screen by copying them to the clipboard.

It would be best if you somehow print the report to a PDF file using a PDF printer instead of a real printer. That way you can actually post the PDF for everyone here to see or maybe extract portions of it for discussion here.

This is the link: Astrology for Lovers.

EJ53

Banned
...... If anyone doesn't like AstroDienst Synastry charts, and would like the birth data to run their own, please let me know, and I will PM.

Please PM the data to me, FL.......(Thanks).

in the composite chart......I find the Venus/Neptune conjunction on the Composite Ascendant very interesting. Chiron in Pisces in the 4th is also exactly trine the Ascendant, and so, also Venus/Neptune. Sounds like really good emotional compatibility to me.

Pluto in Virgo/10th makes this an "easy opposition" configuration......a spiritually deep union/relationship (Nep/Venus in Scorpio/1st) that is painfully empathic (Chiron in Pisces/4th) and can change how the outside world is viewed (Pluto in Virgo/10th)......

[Perhaps Neptune (as Chart ruler) dispositing Chiron and disposited by Pluto (Ascendant ruler) confirms that transformation is the real purpose of this configuration......but if we regard Chiron as ruler of Virgo/dispositor of Pluto, the never-ending flow of emotional energy around this configuration probably makes it the dominant feature of the relationship (as seen by others).]

However, the composite chart reveals only how outsiders see this relationship......whilst a Davison/Relationship chart might clarify it's purpose.

EJ:smile:

Last edited:

freedomlover

Here is the Davison relationship chart:

I find the yod very odd in this chart.... Ruler of Asc - Mercury,at 27' Libra is exactly conjunct Eros in the 5th, also conjunct Sun at 25' Libra. It is exactly inconjunct the Moon at 27' Pisces at the cusp of the 11th. The other leg of the yod being Jupiter Rx at 24' Taurus in the 12th. It's odd - the Apex of this yod is smack on my MC at 25'Libra, while the trigger point is on my IC at 25' Aries...... Hmm.....

Also of interest: Saturn Rx in Aquarius on the MC of the davison.

The exact to the arc minute Venus/Pluto conjunction at 15'24" Virgo in the 4th house, which is also conjunct Uranus, and t-squares the Asc/Dsc.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this though. This is a spiritual friendship type relationship, not a sexual one, btw, so I wouldn't go "that" route in reading what might appear with Eros prominent.

Attachments

• K and DM - davison chart.jpg
    K and DM - davison chart.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 23

freedomlover

May I suggest you download a trial version of World-of-Wisdom's astrology software for lovers? Enter both your info and print the corresponding report (which by the way is very comprehensive). You should also get a JPG of the charts on the screen by copying them to the clipboard.

It would be best if you somehow print the report to a PDF file using a PDF printer instead of a real printer. That way you can actually post the PDF for everyone here to see or maybe extract portions of it for discussion here.

This is the link: Astrology for Lovers.

Thanks for the link, kanshu. I will see if I can wrap my technologically-challenged brain around that!

EJ53

Banned
Here is the Davison relationship chart......This is a spiritual friendship type relationship, not a sexual one, btw, so I wouldn't go "that" route in reading what might appear with Eros prominent.

The Cultural Erotic Link wesite at http://thesexualgriot.typepad.com/culturaleroticlink/2008/01/eros-the-astrol.html says this about Eros in Libra :-

...has the ability to objectify life, and enjoys the communication of ideas. Talking , interpreting, counseling and the giving and receiving of feedback all rate high on the list of Libra’s good times. This is a refined position for Eros, a sign that inherently honors the social niceties of the times and enjoys the sophistication of good manners and pleasant exchange. Unless, of course, they are flipping into their antagonistic side. Then, from Libra erupts the disputing debater or Devil’s advocate par excellent!

Since the Davison Chart is about the purpose of a relationship and not the people in it (and eros has to fall somewhere), this intellectual exchange may indeed be what "floats it's boat" rather than anything of a physical nature.

[Note : Thanks for PMing the data, FL]

freedomlover

The Cultural Erotic Link wesite at http://thesexualgriot.typepad.com/culturaleroticlink/2008/01/eros-the-astrol.html says this about Eros in Libra :-

...has the ability to objectify life, and enjoys the communication of ideas. Talking , interpreting, counseling and the giving and receiving of feedback all rate high on the list of Libra’s good times. This is a refined position for Eros, a sign that inherently honors the social niceties of the times and enjoys the sophistication of good manners and pleasant exchange. Unless, of course, they are flipping into their antagonistic side. Then, from Libra erupts the disputing debater or Devil’s advocate par excellent!

Since the Davison Chart is about the purpose of a relationship and not the people in it (and eros has to fall somewhere), this intellectual exchange may indeed be what "floats it's boat" rather than anything of a physical nature.

[Note : Thanks for PMing the data, FL]

OH, NO! Thank YOU for being so gracious to take the time to reply!

That is a very interesting and informative site, EJ - it went straight to my bookmarks!

We definitely have the information exchange, counseling thing going on. We could talk for hours, but he is always sooo busy!

I had noticed that in synastry, his Eros was exactly conjunct my Mars at 10' Capricorn. BUT what I just noticed, after checking our individual Eros descriptions on that site is this: His Eros at 10' Cap is exactly sextile my Eros at 10' Pisces. His is in Cap, exactly conjunct my Mars in Cap. Mine is exactly conjunct my Saturn in Pisces. So there is an double emphasis on Saturn in conjunction with our Eros. Sounds like limitations and lessons learned, to me.:wink:

EJ53

Banned
......do the rest of you see in our synastry chart extreme emotional compatibility?

Looking at the synastry, FL :-

His Cancer NN is in your 7th house, which has Cancer on the cusp.

Your Pisces Saturn conjuncts his Pisces Chiron and trines his Scorpio Neptune.

He has Pisces duplicated on 6th/7th house cusps, which matches your Pisces/3rd style of communicating.

You have Scorpio on 11th house of friends, matching his on 3rd house of communications.

He has Cancer intercepted in 10th and you have it as your 7th house cusp.

Your 4th house falls wholly in his 8th house (Both water).

His 12th house cusp falls in your 8th house (Both water).

His 4th house cusp falls in your 12th house (Both water).

His vertex (fated events) is in a water sign (Pisces) and yours is in a water house (8th).

You both have Chiron in Pisces and your Scorpio Neptunes are conjunct.

His Moon trines yours and is conjunct your NN.

So, I'm gonna say the synastry chart does indeed show extreme emotional compatibility......much of which might not be obvious on the surface, because it involves signs and houses rather than planet-to-planet contacts.

Looking at the Davidson chart sun in 5th house of love affairs,pleasure and recreational matters plus N Node rather close to Asc looks very nice.

In the composite saturn square mars suggests on/off type of relationships or stop/go and again it's mirrored your own chiron opp pluto/uranus from your natal placed in 5th/11th Equal house and 4/10placidus

Having sun/mercury in 12th is not to good and suggests much of this relationship is kept secret or behind closed doors. Scorpio Asc deeply analytical, private stubborn, controlling. Neptune opp jupiter suggests you can get carried away when relating (7th) and neptune spiritual esoteric matters. Mars trine moon is nice.

Looking at the synastry grid your N Node conj his moon is great, (I have this with my partner) suggesting your Lessons (node) are karmically involved with his emotions and intuitive nature. What worries my slightly is all the intensity around your pluto/uranus with his sun/venus. But his sun/venus is also opp your chiron and I can't think of two better planets to help in the healing process, IF you can keep a handle on your pluto/uranus and not become obsessive or keep walking away needing more privacy :love:

Your sun is square his uranus and your merc is square his pluto. So with such a heavy pluto influence it should be transformative for both of you

EJ53

Banned
And, I'm interested in our synastry interpretation.....he has a natal Yod from Saturn Rx in Aquarius/5th and Jupiter Rx in Aries/7th to his Sun/Venus conjunction in Virgo/12th.
My Uranus/Pluto conjunction is right on the apex of this yod, conjunct his Sun/Venus. The trigger point of his yod contains my Saturn/Eros/Chiron/Ceres conjunction in Pisces. His Chiron is there as well, in his 6th house.......His Moon in Gemini on my NN and opposing my Sun/Sn in Sag.......My Jupiter Rx in Gemini tightly conjunct his MC. His Mars/Vesta conjunction in Libra conjunct my MC.......My Venus in Capricorn is on his South Node.......suspect we were married in a past life, or else I was his mother. (There definitely was an immediate recognition between us)......The chart shows a lot of 4th/8th house type of things - and Earth placements - but our relationship so far has been very communication-focused - much due to the Jupiter Rx in Gemini trine Mars in Libra on both of our MCs, I'm sure.......What do the rest of you see in this chart?

The trigger point of his Yod is in Aries, FL......Your Saturn opposes his Pluto and trines his Neptune.

Your Sun squares his Uranus : your Mercury squares his Sun : Your Mars trines his Pluto : Both Chirons are conjunct.

I regard outer to inner planetary contacts as revealing karmic lessons, and inner to inner contacts as being "personality differences" in the current lifetime......However, before attempting an interpretation of the synastry (how you relate to each other), it might be best to first ascertain the astrological purpose of the relationship (Davison) and how it will appear to outsiders (composite)......since that could reveal the context of any synastry interaction.

The Davison Relationship Chart

[Note for information...The "native" here is the relationship itself......so the "purpose, problems and lessons" of this chart reveal what the two people can learn from interacting (purpose); what might hinder successful interaction (problems) and the behavioural changes needed to overcome this threat (lessons)......Thus, the astrological indicators are interpreted in exactly the same as for the natus of an individual, but the conclusions are considered and expressed/reported with this different focus.]

The posted Davison chart is ruled by Mercury in Libra/5th, closely conjunct a Sun that exactly trines the North Node in Gemini/1st......So, the purpose of this relationship (where the Sun shines and the NN grows) is enjoyable/harmonious/intellectual self-expression (5th/Libra/Mercury/Sun) which leads to a greater personal understanding of life's dualities (NN)......Thus, a successful relationship will result in both people perceiving the "grey areas" of any "black and white" views currently held by them......[The Sun/Mercury in intellectual Libra qcx to Moon in emotional Pisces/11th and trine Saturn in honest Aquarius/10th show clearly how this lesson will be learned.]

However, the potential problem here is Jupiter in Taurus/12th......making it possible for pleasure to become the focus rather than learning......(although that's unlikely, with the Virgo stellium and Mars/Saturn opposition).

The Composite Chart

[Note for information : The "native" here is the couple in the relationship......with the purpose, problems and lessons of this chart revealing the way others perceive the interaction of the two people involved.]

The posted Composite chart is ruled by Neptune in Scorpio/1st house and on the Ascendant, which is conjunct Venus in 1st/Mercury in 12th and sextile Pluto/Uranus in Virgo/10th house......So, the couple will be seen as emotionally/spiritually compatible and comfortable with the in-depth exploration of unusual ideas......And the Sun/Saturn/NN Grand Trine in air signs suggests that others will see intellectual growth as the purpose of this relationship, although it's contact with Jupiter in Taurus/7th again indicates the pleasure that generates.

But outsiders will no doubt see the "problem" being Mars in Sagittarius/1st trine Moon in Aries/5th......The emotional passion in this relationship is geared to creating new beliefs rather than romance.

The Synastry of Outer to Inner Planets

(Outer Male to Inner Female)

Uranus square Sun
You encourage his eccentricity and he increases your self-confidence, but he must have the freedom to come and go as he pleases......because he is teaching you the true meaning of independence.

Pluto trine Mars
Might not seem like it, because of the trine, but he is teaching you to release your subconscious anger......because suppressing it saps your energy and can make you ill.

(Inner Male to Outer Female)

Sun conjunct Pluto
You are teaching him to be less self-centred.

Sun conjunct Uranus
You are teaching him to be independent

Venus conjunct Uranus
You are teaching him to enjoy life as it is, rather than as he might wish it to be

Venus sextile Neptune
You are teaching him the meaning of Platonic love

Venus conjunct Pluto
Mutual trust is the lesson being learned here.

Mars trine Jupiter
You make each other feel good......a reward rather than a lesson.

Last edited:

freedomlover

quoting astrologer50:
Looking at the Davidson chart sun in 5th house of love affairs,pleasure and recreational matters plus N Node rather close to Asc looks very nice.

In the composite saturn square mars suggests on/off type of relationships or stop/go and again it's mirrored your own chiron opp pluto/uranus from your natal placed in 5th/11th Equal house and 4/10placidus
Yeah, we met a little over 2 years ago, and we go in "spurts" of communication. Sometimes we talk once a week for several weeks, then don't communicate it all for several weeks. I haven't figured out why, though, as there is no reason given on either's part as to why we do this.

Having sun/mercury in 12th is not to good and suggests much of this relationship is kept secret or behind closed doors. Scorpio Asc deeply analytical, private stubborn, controlling. Neptune opp jupiter suggests you can get carried away when relating (7th) and neptune spiritual esoteric matters. Mars trine moon is nice.
I'm wondering if the Sun/Mercury in 12th means that the relationship started when I was very ill and confined to home? He would call and talk to me and cheer me up.

Looking at the synastry grid your N Node conj his moon is great, (I have this with my partner) suggesting your Lessons (node) are karmically involved with his emotions and intuitive nature. What worries my slightly is all the intensity around your pluto/uranus with his sun/venus. But his sun/venus is also opp your chiron and I can't think of two better planets to help in the healing process, IF you can keep a handle on your pluto/uranus and not become obsessive or keep walking away needing more privacy :love:
Yes, I found that Sun/Venus conjunction of his on my Uranus/Pluto a very powerful combination. I'm wondering how it will play out in the future. And you are right on about the privacy thing..... I'm very hesitant about socializing because people do not understand my intense need to have alone time to recuperate - and also my physical limitations from this illness. I've found people have a tendency to think I can keep up with healthy people. I sometimes feel like the kid with all the illnesses and allergies in school who has to stay in and watch all the other kids having fun playing at recess, while she has to stay inside.

Your sun is square his uranus and your merc is square his pluto. So with such a heavy pluto influence it should be transformative for both of you
He said he wanted to meet me to begin with because he is very interested in occult things and other religions. That's something that is hard to find others interested in in this very rural, backwards area of the Bible belt.

Thanks once again, astrolgoer50!

freedomlover

Looking at the synastry, FL :-
So, I'm gonna say the synastry chart does indeed show extreme emotional compatibility......much of which might not be obvious on the surface, because it involves signs and houses rather than planet-to-planet contacts.

Thanks, EJ! I wouldn't have thought to check the water houses. That is good to know for future reference in synastry chart. I always forget to check the houses the houses fall in - more focues on the planets.

I'm wondering if that is what is summed up in the Composite by the Venus/Neptune conjunction on the Ascendant trine Chiron in Pisces in the 4th house?

freedomlover

quoting EJ53:
The trigger point of his Yod is in Aries, FL......Your Saturn opposes his Pluto and trines his Neptune.
I catch the part about my Saturn opposing his Pluto and trining his Neptune. However, I'm a bit confused about the yod. Granted I don't have one in my chart, and I haven't done much study on them.... but I was under the impression that the sensitive trigger spot in the yod was directly opposing the apex. The apex is the Sun/Venus conjunct at 16/18 Virgo - so the trigger point would be about 17' Pisces? However, I was wondering if this were so, doesn't it get triggered when the two planets in sextile get triggered, too? His Jupiter Rx is in Aries... so are you saying that this is the trigger spot? Why Jupiter and Not Saturn Rx in Aquarius?
Questions, questions, I'm full of questions.....:confused:
Your Sun squares his Uranus : your Mercury squares his Sun : Your Mars trines his Pluto : Both Chirons are conjunct.

I regard outer to inner planetary contacts as revealing karmic lessons, and inner to inner contacts as being "personality differences" in the current lifetime......However, before attempting an interpretation of the synastry (how you relate to each other), it might be best to first ascertain the astrological purpose of the relationship (Davison) and how it will appear to outsiders (composite)......since that could reveal the context of any synastry interaction.
That's an interesting way of looking at it, EJ. I'll keep that in mind.

The Davison Relationship Chart

[Note for information...The "native" here is the relationship itself......so the "purpose, problems and lessons" of this chart reveal what the two people can learn from interacting (purpose); what might hinder successful interaction (problems) and the behavioural changes needed to overcome this threat (lessons)......Thus, the astrological indicators are interpreted in exactly the same as for the natus of an individual, but the conclusions are considered and expressed/reported with this different focus.]

The posted Davison chart is ruled by Mercury in Libra/5th, closely conjunct a Sun that exactly trines the North Node in Gemini/1st......So, the purpose of this relationship (where the Sun shines and the NN grows) is enjoyable/harmonious/intellectual self-expression (5th/Libra/Mercury/Sun) which leads to a greater personal understanding of life's dualities (NN)......Thus, a successful relationship will result in both people perceiving the "grey areas" of any "black and white" views currently held by them......[The Sun/Mercury in intellectual Libra qcx to Moon in emotional Pisces/11th and trine Saturn in honest Aquarius/10th show clearly how this lesson will be learned.]

However, the potential problem here is Jupiter in Taurus/12th......making it possible for pleasure to become the focus rather than learning......(although that's unlikely, with the Virgo stellium and Mars/Saturn opposition)

He is a musician, as well as several other things. I'm wondering if that may be part of the picture, as I've been hoping to get back into playing music for years now. Mercury/Eros in Libra-5th inconjunct both Moon in Pisces-11th and Jupiter Rx in Taurus-12th?

The Composite Chart

[Note for information : The "native" here is the couple in the relationship......with the purpose, problems and lessons of this chart revealing the way others perceive the interaction of the two people involved.]

The posted Composite chart is ruled by Neptune in Scorpio/1st house and on the Ascendant, which is conjunct Venus in 1st/Mercury in 12th and sextile Pluto/Uranus in Virgo/10th house......So, the couple will be seen as emotionally/spiritually compatible and comfortable with the in-depth exploration of unusual ideas......And the Sun/Saturn/NN Grand Trine in air signs suggests that others will see intellectual growth as the purpose of this relationship, although it's contact with Jupiter in Taurus/7th again indicates the pleasure that generates.

But outsiders will no doubt see the "problem" being Mars in Sagittarius/1st trine Moon in Aries/5th......The emotional passion in this relationship is geared to creating new beliefs rather than romance.
That description of the Composite chart is pretty descriptive of how I see us. I'm thinking the outside world may get a different picture. He is married, but his wife is cool with him having female friends- which he has several of, btw. However, the backwoods mind-set where we live would probably have a field day with gossip if we were to actually spend time together.

To me, that Mars in Sag-1st trine Moon in Aries-5th is screaming: "Try something new" "take a risk" "go for some adventure". He's the type, all right - he is the type. I would like to be that type, but I can wind up being a big chicken-sh**. :eek:

Thanks for your insight, EJ! :happy:

EJ53

Banned
quoting EJ53:
I catch the part about my Saturn opposing his Pluto and trining his Neptune. However, I'm a bit confused about the yod. Granted I don't have one in my chart, and I haven't done much study on them.... but I was under the impression that the sensitive trigger spot in the yod was directly opposing the apex. The apex is the Sun/Venus conjunct at 16/18 Virgo - so the trigger point would be about 17' Pisces? However, I was wondering if this were so, doesn't it get triggered when the two planets in sextile get triggered, too? His Jupiter Rx is in Aries... so are you saying that this is the trigger spot? Why Jupiter and Not Saturn Rx in Aquarius?

You are correct, FL......I'm the one who is confused......Mixed up the Pluto/Neptune sextile with the Jupiter/Saturn (and then thought you were referring to the apex as the trigger point)......Sorry, but senility sometimes works that way with me:biggrin:

......He is a musician, as well as several other things. I'm wondering if that may be part of the picture, as I've been hoping to get back into playing music for years now. Mercury/Eros in Libra-5th inconjunct both Moon in Pisces-11th and Jupiter Rx in Taurus-12th?

Yes......although this could be a way in which pleasure becomes the focus rather than spiritual learning.

That description of the Composite chart is pretty descriptive of how I see us. I'm thinking the outside world may get a different picture. He is married, but his wife is cool with him having female friends- which he has several of, btw. However, the backwoods mind-set where we live would probably have a field day with gossip if we were to actually spend time together.

Interesting point......perhaps the interpretation applies if we define "others/the outside world" as being those who care enough about us to see the relationship clearly/for what it is......since the "curtain twitching brigade" in remote locations invariably fall well outside that definition.

To me, that Mars in Sag-1st trine Moon in Aries-5th is screaming: "Try something new" "take a risk" "go for some adventure". He's the type, all right - he is the type. I would like to be that type, but I can wind up being a big chicken-sh**.

Actively exploring emotions and beliefs for pleasure is taking a risk/being adventurous/trying something new.

I'm wondering if that is what is summed up in the Composite by the Venus/Neptune conjunction on the Ascendant trine Chiron in Pisces in the 4th house?

Perhaps confirmed as "clearly apparent to others" rather than summed up.

Last edited: