Fear of Sex

magnolia8

Fear as in vulnerability or feeling smothered because one doesn't enjoy physical closeness. What would cause this besides an unhappy Pluto - Venus-Saturn? An afflicted Moon?

I don't mean a full-blown phobia either.

StillOne

Mars is typically associated with sex so a Moon in conflict with Mars could result in conflict with sex. The Moon is typically associated with our feelings so conflicting feelings about sex. A chart would help.

aniani

The 5th house represents activities that bring joy like sex, love affairs etc. The eighth house is heavier as it represents death, sex etc

However, too look at how one feel about sex, look at the eight house. What is the sign on the cusp of the eight house? Is there any planets in the eight house? As stillone pointed out, a chart will help.

angelic

This could have something to do with Chiron-Mars..sexual wounding or fear of expressing sexuality.

I only say this because the guy I am currently dating dislikes physical closeness and constantly says he feels smothered when I hug him lol he really needs his space and is not one for showy displays of affection. Venus conjunct Uranus in Capricorn..

haidee

My guesses are an afflicted Moon for intimacy/vulnerability and Venus for the approval ("You don't deserve this" mentality).
Adding Chiron for the wounds, a bad experience (physical or mental) which affects the native's approach. But Chiron also wants to work through this, so he often finds a way and is able to heal others through his experiences (counseling, peptalks etc).
Saturn in the 8th can limit the approach to some extent. But the house where Saturn is placed is often the themes that the native wants to 'master'. Saturn would actually "restrict" the fear somehow, but the native wants to know the house in-and-out before entering. - Does that make sense? :unsure:
More examples (charts) would be great :joyful:

Abby83

I think looking at mars and the 12th house ruler and if they are afflicted in connection to the mars. Eg 12th house ruler conjunct mars square moon is an aspect of someone who has difficulty in the sex department involving subconscious fears and the feminine and masculine sexual conflict.

Oddity

As a general topic, it'll be very general with no chart. Possibly to the point of meaninglessness.

The sun and Venus are the sexual planets, and the fifth house denotes sex. The eighth house is the house of fear, and Saturn also rules fear.

It could involve other configurations as well, but without a chart, we can't see that.

magnolia8

For those who keep asking for a chart, you have a few here who've stated that either they have or someone they know has a fear or difficulty with sex. Perhaps if they're willing, they could post those charts and we can analyze. Otherwise, my "meaningless" thread will simply die like the rest of them, because, again - you're not getting a chart from me.

I am actually very curious about an 8th house Saturn. Wish I understood the 8th house better.

Anyway, thank you for the responses, all! I'm going to read up on them.