Balsamic Moon Phase

lazarusx

I was born under a Natal Balsamic Moon phase, and recently my Progressed Moon has just entered into the Balsamic phase. What i find particularly interesting is on September 21, 2014 i left Europe after living there for two years and returned back to Australia.. when i check the degree for this date in correlation to my progressed moon it's exactly 45C behind my Natal Sun.

The moment i left a whole world i knew, friends and all behind was the same point in time where my progressed moon entered the Balasmic phase.

I've become obsessed with planning for the future; to the point where im willing to dedicate the next couple of years purely to building a foundation on which to stand on.

I was in the process of doing this before coming across the phase's and learning what they meant.. so im sort of shocked at the accuracy of everything that's going on right now..

What im looking for is other's experience's of going through this, and what it yielded and how the process was?

R4VEN

lazarusx, had I not read your post above I would not have even have considered looking at what happened when my progreesed Moon was in the Balsamic phase to my natal Sun. (And yes, I was born with natal Moon in Balsamic phase)

The last time this occcured (early 2000's) I withdrew from almost all social activity, including taking an hiatus from my friendship with my closest friend ..... which ended just after the progr Moon passed my natal Sun. At the time I can remember feeling very stressed by contact with others - like I had no skin and they were all clamouring for my attention (which may have been nothing more than my heightened sensitivity during the Balsamic phase) I had to withdraw for my own wellbeing.

The time before that was a period of time beginning with the birth of my first child, to around the time my 2nd child was a little over a year old. During this time I began to withdraw from my marriage, because with the addition of the children, it was clear to me that my marriage was a sham.

Interesting analysis, lazarusx

lazarusx

Thanks for the response RAVEN, and for sharing your experience.

I suppose i can expect this process to be one of withdrawal from old friendships, activities and patterns in order to reflect on those experience's and draw on them to prepare for the beginning of a new cycle.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your experience like after your progressed moon had moved beyond your Sun? Did you feel as though you had woken up from a long dream and/or were now heading in a new direction in life?

Last edited:

R4VEN

The last time this happened - around 11-12 years ago - was a very non-eventful time of my life, and so I can't remember anything different occurring as progr Moon moved away from the natal Sun.
However the first time it occurred - when I was withdrawing from my marriage - it was in the late 1970's, and because it was a dramatic time of my life, I have a clearer memory of it. As progr Moon passed my natal Sun I had a sense of personal strength that I had lost during the first few years of my marriage, and especially during the time my children were small and I wasn't doing paid work. By this time I no longer cared that my (then) husband was hurt, because I was able to identify his control games, and not be manipulated by them. This allowed me to take back my own sense of self, which I needed in order to be able to leave.

As my progr Moon passed my natal Sun it also activated firstly my Sun-Pluto MP, and then Pluto itself, which is conjunct my Sun in the 7th ........ so it all fits. What I withdraw from during the progressed Balsamic phase is what I perceive as control and manipulation by others, which the Sun-Pluto conjunct in the 7th is so susceptible to. I believe that how your natal Sun is situated will have an influence on how you experience the progr Balsamic phase.

I also need to ask, lazarusx, do you have a senstivity to each Balsamic phase of the Moon by transit?
I certainly do. I go through the 3 or so days prior to each New Moon feeling incredibly vulnerable. My natal Moon is in Cancer, so I have a vulnerability issue anyway.

lazarusx

As my progr Moon passed my natal Sun it also activated firstly my Sun-Pluto MP, and then Pluto itself, which is conjunct my Sun in the 7th ........ so it all fits. What I withdraw from during the progressed Balsamic phase is what I perceive as control and manipulation by others, which the Sun-Pluto conjunct in the 7th is so susceptible to. I believe that how your natal Sun is situated will have an influence on how you experience the progr Balsamic phase.

Ah, that's an interesting insight; my Sun trine's Pluto in 6th, but it does have oppositions to Saturn/Neptune in the 8th. I'm not sure how to interpret what i could expect but i imagine it would be centered around Saturnian themes.

I also need to ask, lazarusx, do you have a senstivity to each Balsamic phase of the Moon by transit?
I certainly do. I go through the 3 or so days prior to each New Moon feeling incredibly vulnerable. My natal Moon is in Cancer, so I have a vulnerability issue anyway.

It's hard for me to say.. My natal Moon is in Gemini in the 1st House so i often feel all over the place all the time. However looking back on the transits i would say that i feel more depressed during this phase then usual..

Thanks again for the information.

R4VEN

Ah, that's an interesting insight; my Sun trine's Pluto in 6th, but it does have oppositions to Saturn/Neptune in the 8th. I'm not sure how to interpret what i could expect but i imagine it would be centered around Saturnian themes.
Saturn/Neptune in 8th house will have strong Saturnian themes, as well as Plutonian themes, bringing with it a sense of rebirth once the Sun is passed by the progr Moon. There may be an experience of boundary issues also (with Neptune in 8th), so there is a need to `prepare' for this by withdrawing from what you have spent so much time building up.

It's hard for me to say.. My natal Moon is in Gemini in the 1st House so i often feel all over the place all the time. However looking back on the transits i would say that i feel more depressed during this phase then usual..

Thanks again for the information.
I think that during the transiting Balsamic phase depression is common, because we may be temporarily pushed into that Balsamic place we try so hard to rise above, using all the lighter aspects of our astrology - eg, Gemini Moon.
I have really only noticed this transiting Balsamic thing during the past 12 months, and especially the past 4-6 months. That last New Moon, early in Aquarius, was a real doozy, but then I had tr Pluto opp my natal Moon forming a Grand Cardinal Cross with the transiting Moon's Nodes, themselves sitting close to my MC-IC axis. I was a mess for around 4 days.

AquaBalsamic

So I am new here and recently confirmed that I was born during the Balsamic Moon phase. I was told this many years ago by my Mentor, but, never gave it much thought. Its kind of funny, I always thought the main theme of a great deal of sorrow and suffering in my life was due to Pluto, NN conjunction in my 12th house, however when I recently started reading up on the Balsamic Moon Phase, OMG it was like a bizillion light bulbs went off in my head. Its been rather comforting to understand it all via the Balsamic Moon. I surely thought I just had this horrible curse on me, to explain the tragic losses, and also I understand my somewhat hermetic lifestyle. Anyhow, i am looking to connect with others who share this placement, I am very curious to hear your stories.