Mercury sextile/trine Uranus

hiimnotcool

Hmmm..Very, very interesting! I have spent the last several hours looking through these forums and this by far is my favorite topic of the day. I looked at my chart and apparently I have a trine between Mercury (4th, Leo) to Uranus (8th Sagittarius), Uranus sextile Jupiter (10th, Aquarius) and Pallas opposing Uranus from Gemini, and sextiling Mercury. With that said, I have never really been very good at learning. I was actually diagnosed with a personality disorder. When I was in school I struggled alot with learning new things because, well frankly, I was bored. Does this aspect seem to manifest itself more powerfully the older we get? I guess having 'genius' is slightly desirous. Ha.

Chrysalis

THREAD REVIVAL :w00t:

Does anybody know if a mercury/uranus aspect (i think going by this thread it would be a square/opposition) would make a person very quick to respond in conversation in person and online, fast talker, fast thinker even ?

Infact even reading quickly, where you read so quickly that you skip words and have to keep going back over them.

Im talking about myself here btw :D Ive got merc sq uranus/trine neptune.

Last edited:

lantlos

THREAD REVIVAL :w00t:

Does anybody know if a mercury/uranus aspect (i think going by this thread it would be a square/opposition) would make a person very quick to respond in conversation in person and online, fast talker, fast thinker even ?

Infact even reading quickly, where you read so quickly that you skip words and have to keep going back over them.

Im talking about myself here btw :D Ive got merc sq uranus/trine neptune.

I know a few people who have the square, and one of them definitely fits those descriptions. My dad has it, but he's more a funny kind of guy as opposed to a quick kind of guy. He says things that come out of nowhere but it's not as often as I think is usual with these aspects. The other guy I know is a rapid fire conversationalist. He says what's on his mind immediately and it's rarely scatterbrained. And very rarely will you find him chilled out and quiet with his thoughts and opinions. He too is a very funny dude. He has the best kind of random sense of humor. The other guy I know with this aspect is less like this, but I suppose his Capricorn ascendant reduces its effects a bit?

lantlos

I don't have an exact aspect, but my mercury trines my Aquarius ascendant. I was told that it's kind of similar to the trine with Mercury and Uranus. Having read descriptions of Mercury trine Uranus, a lot of it does apply to me, but I suspect that my Mercury square Saturn negates it quite a bit which is lame because I really adore these aspects and wish I had a true aspect. All the people I know with them are so funny and smart.

SimlyLuna

Gaer, thanks for bringing up Pallas. The asteroid isn't discuss enough, same goes for Mercury out of all planets.

It truly make sense why I do not think I can be a "genius". I would score very low (low IQ) and have Mercury in 10th square Uranus in 6th | Pallas conjunct cancer Asc, oppose Neptune, trine Pluto and Jupiter.

People do not take my words seriously when I am and people take my words seriously when I am not. lol

Being tactful has been a struggle because I don't have other aspects that help support charm. Been told to think before I speak and can offend some people. I can interrupt others -- it came from the need to express my ideas/opinion before I forget. It just comes and go. But if I do follow and listen, my ideas/opinion is gone and there is no feedback often.

On the other hand, my brother has the sextile (2 °) -- he is very well spoken and has charm. May add he was a popular guy in high school. He has a way with words (not in the flirting sense but he's persuasive but not in a manipulating way either -- he gives people room to think) and is respected among his peers with his perspective and opinions.

Then I have a friend who has the trine -- he is arrogant but hides it well (I work with him before), but I can smell it because I can see he does not tolerate those who are a tad slower or see things in his perspective. He just tells you "just do it, you see what I mean." Then you will see what he means. If you choose not to, you're stupid to him. He isn't as tactful as my brother, he can say off the wall things yet it's acceptable. Popular too among with his group of friends because he's funny. He likes techy and nerdy stuff as well.

@lantlos
Does the second person happened to have gemini in any way or strong Mercury aspects? I know I am stereotyping signs but it sounds Gemini is in the mix.

Last edited:

lantlos

@lantlos
Does the second person happened to have gemini in any way or strong Mercury aspects? I know I am stereotyping signs but it sounds Gemini is in the mix.

I've always suspected that he's a Gemini rising as I don't know for sure. My brother is a Gemini rising, and I can see the similarities between both of them. They're both very chatty.

Last edited:

Humanitarian

I have neither a square, nor a trine, nor a sextile, nor a Ptolemaic aspect (divisible by 30) between Mercury and Uranus, but rather a squile (a 75° aspect, so half a quincunx), and my genius mind is so genius that none accept that part of me at all.

Last edited: