Is phase of the Moon at the time of birth important?

Rebel Uranian

There is more to it than aspects, although the aspects and oriental/occidental state are generally implied.

Edit: The hot/cold and dry/wetness of the Moon also come from phases.

Last edited:

JerryRR

I recommend,"The Lunation Cycle" by Dane Rudhyar.
There is also an interesting chapter in it about The Part of Fortune.
For cycles in general "Cycles of Becoming" by Ruperti.

J.R.R

dr. farr

Information on the Moon phase can also be found in Abu Mashar, and among the Hellenists; a related matter is the Lunar Mansion at the time of birth; this information is best found by researching the term Mansions of the Moon-also see the Renaissance Astrology website; of course, these are essentially the nakshatras of Vedic astrology, and probably the greatest amount of information about these is to be found in jyotish literature (note that this information can be applied to our Western astrology quite easily since the Lunar Mansions have always been connected with certain stars-called "asterism"-and the Mansions/nakshatras move over time)

DreamingTheSeas

I repeat a question i asked in another thread months ago but did not get any answer, maybe the question is silly, i do not know.
People who are born under Moon Void of course are effected somehow?

Raquel

That's new to me... but very interesting also.

I read the discription in cafeastrology about the moon phases/personality... and it's so true to me.

Friday 13th, close to midnight, full moon... I'm a witch :biggrin:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
The phase of the Moon is considered when it comes to temperament calculations, but not really being very familiar with a lot of different traditional methods of reading natal charts (I'm focused more in horary and electional), I really don't have much more to add to this than that.

Conjunction to the Sun to First Square is considered more Moist.
First Square to Opposition is Hot
Opposition to Second Square is Dry.
Second Square to Conjunction is Cold.

I think that's the way it goes. Someone else will need to check for a source on that. I tried to pull it up from memory and I could be mistaken on some - or all - of them.

dr. farr

I repeat a question i asked in another thread months ago but did not get any answer, maybe the question is silly, i do not know.
People who are born under Moon Void of course are effected somehow?

To my knowledge there have been 2 schools of thought regarding this specific Moon VC in natal question:

-one school of thought says yes, if the Moon is VC at the time of birth, indications in the natal chart are not 100% reliable; chaotic factors can interfere with the reliability of the (apparent) indications of the natal chart.

-the other school of thought says no, Moon VC will have little ramification upon the natal chart: this is because the Moon is always in its Mansion (or Nakshatra), which is more important relative to the Moon and its influences IN A NATIVITY, than the importance of whether or not the Moon will make any degree aspects before leaving its current sign.
(Note: I follow the opinion of this second school of thought)

DreamingTheSeas

To my knowledge there have been 2 schools of thought regarding this specific Moon VC in natal question:

-one school of thought says yes, if the Moon is VC at the time of birth, indications in the natal chart are not 100% reliable; chaotic factors can interfere with the reliability of the (apparent) indications of the natal chart.

-the other school of thought says no, Moon VC will have little ramification upon the natal chart: this is because the Moon is always in its Mansion (or Nakshatra), which is more important relative to the Moon and its influences IN A NATIVITY, than the importance of whether or not the Moon will make any degree aspects before leaving its current sign.
(Note: I follow the opinion of this second school of thought)

Thank you!!!! dr. farr i am going to say it one more time although i am afraid that i am repeating myself, you are always very helpful.