A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

david starling

To know where the Mean-setting of the Age-indicator is, in your own Natal-chart, it was @ 27.00 degrees tropical Capricorn on January 3rd, 1975.
It transits 1 minute of arc per year, direct.

In my own Natal-chart, I have it sextile my Sun @ 28 degrees Pisces, and Jupiter @ 28 degrees Scorpio. I think this is what alerted me to its existence, in addition to several other factors.

david starling

The Age-indicator is in ALL charts, whether or not one knows about it. The most overwhelming effect is a tremendous boost to the strength of Saturn's Chart-influence, beyond that of any of the other indicators. Jupiter is also empowered, regarding our traditional world views, since the trailing point of the 30 degree Age-window is in the last degrees of Sagittarius.

Hkk

Account Closed
To know where the Mean-setting of the Age-indicator is, in your own Natal-chart, it was @ 27.00 degrees tropical Capricorn on January 3rd, 1975.
It transits 1 minute of arc per year, direct.

In my own Natal-chart, I have it sextile my Sun @ 28 degrees Pisces, and Jupiter @ 28 degrees Scorpio. I think this is what alerted me to its existence, in addition to several other factors.

David, is it not that we are moving or on the cusp of Aquarius and Pisces not cap to Aquarius? I thought we are in Aquarius cussing into Pisces? Now I’m confused

david starling

David, is it not that we are moving or on the cusp of Aquarius and Pisces not cap to Aquarius? I thought we are in Aquarius cussing into Pisces? Now I’m confused

There are two kinds of Precession, both caused by Earth's "wobble" as it rotates--

"Precession of the Equinox" has retrograde movement through the sidereal Zodiac, and doesn't work for tropical, because the entire tropical Zodiac rotates with it. Precession of the Equinox has the Age-indicator moving retrograde, transiting from the sidereal Age of Pisces into the sidereal Age of Aquarius.

And, "Precession of the Perihelion", which is what causes the Age-indicator to transit the tropical Zodiac, moving direct, from the tropical Age of Capricorn into the tropical Age of Aquarius.

So, the retrograde Ages :)pisces:-->:aquarius:) are for a sidereal Chart, and the direct Ages :)capricorn:-->:aquarius:) are for a tropical Chart.

Hkk

Account Closed
There are two kinds of Precession, both caused by Earth's "wobble" as it rotates--

"Precession of the Equinox" has retrograde movement through the sidereal Zodiac, and doesn't work for tropical, because the entire tropical Zodiac rotates with it. Precession of the Equinox has the Age-indicator moving retrograde, transiting from the sidereal Age of Pisces into the sidereal Age of Aquarius.

And, "Precession of the Perihelion", which is what causes the Age-indicator to transit the tropical Zodiac, moving direct, from the tropical Age of Capricorn into the tropical Age of Aquarius.

So, the retrograde Ages :)pisces:-->:aquarius:) are for a sidereal Chart, and the direct Ages :)capricorn:-->:aquarius:) are for a tropical Chart.

Aah I see. I still thought we are no longer in cap but in Aquarius in the cusp of Pisces. I read this somewhere or watched a you tube video. It’s a bit pop astrology I think

david starling

Aah I see. I still thought we are no longer in cap but in Aquarius in the cusp of Pisces. I read this somewhere or watched a you tube video. It’s a bit pop astrology I think

In sidereal Ages, it's retrograde only. So the sidereal Age of Cap comes after the sidereal Age of Aquarius.

Tropical Ages are direct, so the tropical Age of Cap comes before the tropical Age of Aquarius.

What's confusing is, that both tropical and sidereal have their Aquarian Ages coming up next, but the sidereal Ages begin at the ending of the next sidereal Age-sign, whereas the tropical Ages begin at the beginning of the next tropical Age-sign. Again, the next precessional Age is that of Aquarius in both types of Zodiacs.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
In sidereal Ages, it's retrograde only. So the sidereal Age of Cap comes after the sidereal Age of Aquarius.

Tropical Ages are direct, so the tropical Age of Cap comes before the tropical Age of Aquarius.

What's confusing is, that both tropical and sidereal have their Aquarian Ages coming up next, but the sidereal Ages begin at the ending of the next sidereal Age-sign, whereas the tropical Ages begin at the beginning of the next tropical Age-sign. Again, the next precessional Age is that of Aquarius in both types of Zodiacs.

Ok I get it now. Thank you 😊

So now it’s going into Aquarius are we all going to be more detached and more knowledgable. More about logic than heart. Less one to ones, less face to face especially with what’s happening right now with the virus. Will it all become robotic like. Or will it be more humanitarian and being there for one another etc

david starling

Ok I get it now. Thank you 😊

So now it’s going into Aquarius are we all going to be more detached and more knowledgable. More about logic than heart. Less one to ones, less face to face especially with what’s happening right now with the virus. Will it all become robotic like. Or will it be more humanitarian and being there for one another etc

Depends on each person's Chart. Overall, I'd say "more humanitarian and being there for one another". But, purely voluntary and individualistic, not lockstep as many fear it will be.

david starling

Sounds good to me

Yes, the vision we were gifted with in the late 60's and early 70's was that it would be a very good Age.

Another thing, besides a better physical and emotional world--much easier access to the higher planes of existence.

Last edited:

david starling

The sidereal Ages, using the standard method, and even allowing for a few degrees difference in ayanamsa (Sign-placements), don't show strong mundane results until the middle portion of an Age.

The tropical Age-pattern is different, varying according to Modality:

Cardinal-sign Ages manifest their most representative results in the last decant, accelerating towards the end, which is what's happening now, in this tropical Age of Capricorn.

Fixed-sign Ages manifest their most intrinsic results immediately, if not sooner, which is what is approaching during this transitional period into the tropical Age of Aquarius.

Mutable-sign Ages manifest their true nature most clearly in the middle portion of the Age, which resulted in "the glory that was Greece" during the middle Decant of the tropical Age of Sagittarius (c.1400 B.C.E.-->400 A.D.) and begin transitioning into the next Season of Ages early on, towards the end of the Age.

Last edited:

david starling

With two types of Ages, tropical and sidereal, occurring in the same time-frame, we can sort out which Age-sign rulership is responsible for which Age manifestations.

For this tropical Age, the Saturnian-ruled Age of Capricorn caused both the remarkable materialistic achievements, which sets this Age apart, technologically speaking, from the preceding Ages within the range of recorded history; AND, the mayhem, plagues, and cruelty which have accompanied those achievements, including World Wars I & II.

For this sidereal Age, the Neptunian-oriented Age of Pisces has engendered a deep, abiding, personal sense of spirituality, which transcends the materialism of the physical world, as well as the bitter, adversarial fighting between the organized religions.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
The impersonal side, of The age of Aquarius.

World Wide Web. All connected, and yet all alone.

Say hi, walk by.

FaceTime

david starling

Opal, since you believe the Aquarian Age began quite some time ago, then you're setting the sidereal Signs in such a way that the sidereal Aquarian Age has not only already begun, but is the reason for the internet. So, anyone with a tropical Sun in Aquarius, is actually a sidereal Capricorn.