Pattern of exalted planets

pharvey0829

I figured out a general pattern of why the planets are exalted in the signs they are. Some of this is stuff I have read in books and some are my own interpretations, so here goes.

There are four male planets, the sun, Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars, which are exalted in cardinal signs. There are two female planets, Venus and the moon, which are exalted in the signs next to where the sun is exalted. Then there is mercury, which is a neutral planet which is exalted in a sign next to Saturn's exaltation and opposite of Venus's exaltation.

The sun is exalted in the cardinal sign of Aries, which starts on the spring equinox. This is because the light and warmth of the sun overcome the cold and darkness of winter.

Jupiter is exalted in cancer, which starts on the summer solstice. Jupiter represents growth and abundance and during the summer, plants and food crops grow and this is a time of abundance.

Saturn is exalted in Libra, which starts on the fall equinox. This is because Saturn is a cold and dark planet, and this represents the cold and darkness of winter taking over the warmth and light of summer.

Mars is exalted in Capricorn, which starts on the winter solstice. Mars is the planet of war, which represents the battles we face in life. The cold and dark winter months represent a battle for survival,since it is cold and food crops won't grow.

Venus is exalted in Pisces, which occurs during the final month of winter. Venus represents love and beauty. As winter is coming to an end, the days are getting longer and warmer. Everyone is happy and joyful because spring is on the way, and this is why Venus is exalted here.

The moon is exalted in Taurus, the sign of mid spring. The moon represents nurturing. In the middle of spring everything blossoms to life and animals give birth to their young. This is a very nurturing time, which is why the moon is exalted here.

Finally there is mercury. Mercury represents logic and intellect. Mercury is exalted in Virgo, which is the end of the summer months. The days are getting shorter and cooler. It is during this time we start making plans and preparations for the winter months ahead, which is why mercury is exalted here.

Well there you have it. That's how I make sense of which planets are exalted in the signs.

Claire19

You forget that not everyone lives in your hemisphere. Summer in the northern hemisphere is not summer in the southern hemisphere for instance. The reverse.