Origins of psychological astrology?

JUPITERASC

Clearly all are agreed that Psychologists study behaviour, motivations, thoughts and feelings
for the purpose of helping people overcome or control their problems.

Obviously excellent communication and listening skills are a necessary part of the work :smile:

Once again this is incorrect.

Many professional psychologists don't work in any way to assist people in overcoming their problems.

The answers to every problem posed are not in endless quotes from endless places on the internet.
The internet is a hodge-podge of stuff.
You have to know what much of it actually means to be able to understnad what they are talking aobut.
On the contrary

Psychologists do assist people with overcoming their problems
:smile:

JUPITERASC

The OP never came back.
We have no idea wht the OP wants or wanted anymore, unless we are no longer the astrologer's forum
but have now become the psychic hotline.
The OP may well be reading the thread at this very moment
but is not inclined to comment :smile:

nevertheless members continue to discuss the question
this is not unusual
If anyone chooses to no longer participate with commenting on the thread
then that is their prerogative
however
others may continue with the discussion
as is normal practice on our forum

the OP asks an interesting question:

I would like some light about the origins of psychological astrology. How did it come to be? What cultures saw its birth first? Etc.

It would be interesting and useful to see how the ancients approached the psychological aspect of the natal chart in contrast with how modern astrologers approach it.

The more intellectually impacting the reply, the better. By intellectually impacting, I mean having strong logical implications. So to rephrase, the stronger the logical implications, the better. To define even further, there is a good chance that the "plebeian" word that defines something intellectually impacting is "mind-blowing".

Well, I hope I can get high quality knowledge out of this thread!

JUPITERASC

Unfortunately for you....I know many who do not. How many do you know personally?

Everything is black or white for you. Some psychologists do this; some psychologists do not. Gee Whiz!
That's a hilarious comment given that many of my relatives are psychologists :smile:

JUPITERASC

but "logos" is such a fascinating word, it is not just any kind of "word", "speech", etc.
To continue our researches regarding the origins of specifically 'psychological' astrology then
More on 'logos' :smile:

'…..Logos Greek: λόγος, from λέγω lego "I say"
is an important term in philosophy, psychology, rhetoric, and religion.
Originally a word meaning "a ground", "a plea", "an opinion", "an expectation", "word", "speech", "account", "to reason"
it became a technical term in philosophy, beginning with Heraclitus (ca. 535–475 BC), who used the term for a principle of order and knowledge.

Ancient philosophers used the term in different ways. The sophists used the term to mean discourse,
and Aristotle applied the term to refer to "reasoned discourse" or "the argument" in the field of rhetoric.
The Stoic philosophers identified the term with the divine animating principle pervading the Universe......'

Despite the conventional translation as "word",
it is not used for a word in the grammatical sense; instead, the term lexis (λέξις) was used.
However, both logos and lexis derive from the same verb legō (λέγω),
meaning "to count, tell, say, speak"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos

JUPITERASC

What is ridiculous is your comment since no one knows who you are or where you are from or anything at all about you.
You have no website. You have nothing at all except your word.
You have anonymity to the extreme and then you make statements that are just plain wrong,
and back it up with more fluff that can't be proved. I have bridge to sell you too.

Why am I even bothering to comment, that's the question? Note to self: stop reading J's posts.
Good question :smile:
members simply would like to continue exploring
the origins of psychological astrology

by the way
anonymity online is advisable in order to avoid obvious risks
furthermore
not everyone is self-promoting

as to the accusation of
making 'statements that are just plain wrong'

no irrefuatble evidence has been provided to back up that particular opinion

quite simply
no one is infallible, including myself
however that does not mean my statements then 'are just plain wrong'

Is it possible to have a conversation with you without having to listen to an endless circular lecture?
Aliens may be listening too. That doesn't prove that there are aliens here on AC.
Aliens on AC? Interesting theory.... obviously unproven :smile:

Do you have to argue endless little points ad infinitum?
keep in mind
that
'to argue' involves the participation of
at the very least
two people

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I would like some light about the origins of psychological astrology.

How did it come to be? What cultures saw its birth first? Etc.
'.....In many ways, astrology was the first psychology :smile:
in that it constituted an early means for understanding the nature of the human being.
Rooted in the premise that cosmos mirrors psyche,
the ancients systematically observed how the nature and cycles of the planets
corresponded to the nature and experiences of human beings......' Glen Perry, modern psychological astrologer

spock

Hello, I can't speak for waybread or Zarathu, but I don't see the plights of psychological astrology as really any different from, say medical astrology in the modern age (aside from the inherent differences in the ability to verify). I, personally, am more likely to consider the opinion and practices of someone who has formal education in medicine or a sub-discipline of it over someone who does not. In the past, most university trained doctors were astrologers, so their texts on the subject were basically their polished up case files. Similarly, I am more likely to trust the opinions and practices of someone with a degree in psychology if I were to study psychological astrology.
If I have health issues serious enough to require medical intervention I'm going to a doctor, period, not an astrologer, whether he or she is self-described as a medical astrologer or just an astrologer. And if I have psychological issues serious enough to warrant intervention I'm going to a counseling psychologist or psychiatrist, not an astrologer, whether he or she is self-described as a modern astrologer, a psychological astrologer, a traditional astrologer, or just an astrologer. Astrology is simply not advanced enough, its facts not factual enough, to be of much practical use. The idea that a person with mental health issues, who would otherwise trust a degreed counseling psychologist over an astrologer, might nonetheless trust and turn to a psychological astrologer rather than the psychologist for help solely because of the inclusion of "psychological" in the title, is simply not credible. If a client trusts counseling psychologists applying the knowledge of academic psychology as helping professionals over astrologers applying astrological knowledge as helping professionals, do you really think he or she will be fooled into thinking a person calling himself a psychological astrologer is a member of the former rather than the latter group? At any rate my orientation is to astrology as a knowledge enterprise, not a helping profession. My own self-identification is that of astrological theorist. But I see no problem with astrologers wishing to emphasize the psychological dimension of their enterprise appending that term to astrology as part of a descriptive tag. As long as astrology is also part of that verbal tag no one is likely to be fooled into thinking they're something other than astrologers. Only if they refer to themselves as psychologists or counseling psychologists, period, are they misrepresenting themselves and possibly committing fraud.

If I'm reading your post correctly, it seems like you are putting most of the focus on the astrological part (that if astrology were more academically accepted, they would be astrologers who do psychology, not psychologists who do astrology). However, my main focus is on the part of the astrologer who is able to take their education and profession and apply that to their astrological work.
Yes, I am focussing on the astrological part, but I think the phrase "astrologers who do psychology" is misleading, as is the phrase leading into it. I think astrology is intrinsically psychological, that as it becomes more highly developed that fact will be more evident as astrologers do a better job of empirically determining which (psychological) effects consistently and thus predictably coincide with which configurations, and that as a result astrology will then be more academically accepted. Notice the reversal of emphasis, with academic acceptance being the result, not the cause, of a demonstrated psychological dimension in astrology.

As for "the astrologer who is able to take their education and profession and apply it to their astrological work," I contend that at astrology's current developmental level, in which verbal games and other means of multiplying ways of being "right" substitute for empirically demonstrated correspondences, any event or knowledge or kind of effect can be made to seem relevant and valid. Psychological astrologers, degreed or otherwise, tend to impose modern psychological categories, relevant or not, on astrology, and astrology's current epistemological structure enables them to do that. But even if it's conceded that only relevant categories will be applied, an inability to transcend existing modes of astrological reasoning, which I think is true of the overwhelming majority of astrologers, including those with university degrees, virtually guarantees that they will not be associated with those configurations, and only those configurations, that consistently coincide with them. Psychological knowledge, with or without a degree, is helpful only to the extent that 1) the astrologer is, qua astrological researcher, capable of empirically ascertaining which effects correspond to which configurations, and 2) his or her disciplinary knowledge is relevant to those effects (e.g., cognitive developmental psychology, life span developmental psychology, personality psychology, and chronobiology, for instance).

The thrust of this discussion has been that those who describe themselves as psychological astrologers are misleading others. Who knows, a person suffering from some psychological difficulty might engage a psychological astrologer thinking she's thereby gaining the help of a therapist trained in academic psychology, and if that's not the case is being misled. The implication is that if the psychological astrologer does have a degree in one or more psychological disciplines the prospective client is not being misled. In the first place the person who chooses to consult with a psychological astrologer does so because of the word astrology in the title, because he believes in it and its efficacy. That belief might be mistaken but he's not being misled. On the other hand, a person who does not believe in astrology or its efficacy, who believes instead in academic psychology and in helping professionals trained to apply it in therapeutic contexts, will avoid astrologers and engage a degreed counseling psychologist. But Zarathu, who raised the nomenclature issue in the first place, in response to Inline's "This might explain the lack of practicing psychologists/astrologers," admits, "Yeah.... we definitely don't tell people that we are also practicing astrologers. I never told a soul." In that case who is misleading whom?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Spock, and therein lies our disagreement. If I am interpreting you correctly, it seems like you believe that astrology has no inherent power to assist people. An astrological theorist does not seem the same or even vaguely similar to an astrologer or astrological practitioner. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to dismiss you or your claims, I think many of them are valid, I just don't agree with them and that disagreement will make it difficult for the discussion to continue.

That being said, I'm curious as to what purpose you think there is in astrology if it doesn't have practical application? Feel free to ignore this question, you certaily don't have to share this information with me if you don't want to.

As for "the astrologer who is able to take their education and profession and apply it to their astrological work," I contend that at astrology's current developmental level, in which verbal games and other means of multiplying ways of being "right" substitute for empirically demonstrated correspondences, any event or knowledge or kind of effect can be made to seem relevant and valid.

Yes, I agree with this to an extent and especially agree with a point you made later about psychological astrologers essentially imposing psychology on astrology. My only concern is that you mention the ability to discuss or prove astrology empirically and repeatably. You mention it, but sort of just shrug your shoulders and wish silently "one day...". Do you honestly think there will ever be a day wherein astrological correspondences will be able to be demonstrated empirically like that?

It seems impossible to separate one astrological influence from the next, and it's clear (in my interpretation of history, undoubtedly everyone has their own. :D) that the reason why the modern world has seen so many different techniques to supposedly "explain" what is going on within any context is a complete ignorance of existing technique. I just have a hard time believing that astrology is going to be able to be at all scientifically recognized since each part is so interconnected with the next.

So, there's our divide. You strive for astrology to be academically recognized. I honestly couldn't care less. Anecdotal evidence is good enough for me. :)

Woot woot! 2500th post!

Zarathu

Account Closed
......The thrust of this discussion has been that those who describe themselves as psychological astrologers are misleading others. Who knows, a person suffering from some psychological difficulty might engage a psychological astrologer thinking she's thereby gaining the help of a therapist trained in academic psychology, and if that's not the case is being misled. The implication is that if the psychological astrologer does have a degree in one or more psychological disciplines the prospective client is not being misled. In the first place the person who chooses to consult with a psychological astrologer does so because of the word astrology in the title, because he believes in it and its efficacy. That belief might be mistaken but he's not being misled. On the other hand, a person who does not believe in astrology or its efficacy, who believes instead in academic psychology and in helping professionals trained to apply it in therapeutic contexts, will avoid astrologers and engage a degreed counseling psychologist. But Zarathu, who raised the nomenclature issue in the first place, in response to Inline's "This might explain the lack of practicing psychologists/astrologers," admits, "Yeah.... we definitely don't tell people that we are also practicing astrologers. I never told a soul." In that case who is misleading whom?

I agree that the extreme vast majority of psychological astrologers might be misleading people who think that they are getting something that they are not. Certainly those who have Noel Tyl's psychological program are completely unprepared for dealing with issues of a real psychological nature, thought the bearers of his course certificate often think the are. This view on my part was one of the major precipitants in the falling out between Noel and me.

However in my case, I didn't mix my astrological practice with my psychological practice. I never ever used astrology(not even once) with clients who came to me for psychological services. And as a counseling astrologer, I was quite aware of when the individual's needs were beyond an astrologer. In this case my title was(and still is) Existential Counseling Astrologer, which from a purely psychological point of view is more commonly called a "Life Coach". The purpose here is to help break through blocks in life process, not deal with various other emotional and mental problems associated with the psychological practice. Although, even in this case I refuse to do charts, and do long term analyses, as I have done and continue to do here with various OP's.

And when I was in my Existential Counseling Astrologer role, and needed to refer to a psychological counselor, I never ever ever self referred. That would have been extremely unethical.

Last edited:

spock

I agree that the extreme vast majority of psychological astrologers might be misleading people who think that they are getting something that they are not. Certainly those who have Noel Tyl's psychological program are completely unprepared for dealing with issues of a real psychological nature, thought the bearers of his course certificate often think the are. This view on my part was one of the major precipitants in the falling out between Noel and me.

However in my case, I didn't mix my astrological practice with my psychological practice. I never ever used astrology(not even once) with clients who came to me for psychological services. And as a counseling astrologer, I was quite aware of when the individual's needs were beyond an astrologer. In this case my title was(and still is) Existential Counseling Astrologer, which from a purely psychological point of view is more commonly called a "Life Coach". The purpose here is to help break through blocks in life process, not deal with various other emotional and mental problems associated with the psychological practice. Although, even in this case I refuse to do charts, and do long term analyses, as I have done and continue to do here with various OP's.

And when I was in my Existential Counseling Astrologer role, and needed to refer to a psychological counselor, I never ever ever self referred. That would have been extremely unethical.
Gratifying as it sometimes is to have people agree with me, in this instance you're agreeing with an opinion I didn't express. In the first three sentences you quoted I was summarizing "the thrust of this discussion." I then continued, "In the first place the person who chooses to consult with a psychological astrologer does so because of the word astrology in the title, because he believes in it and its efficacy. That belief might be mistaken but he's not being misled." [emphasis added] In short, the exact opposite of what you were supposedly agreeing with. If, however, in your psychological counseling practice you don't resort to astrology, for instance for diagnostic purposes, then I was mistaken in thinking you were using astrology without your clients being cognizant of that fact and also mistaken in my tentative conclusion that you were therefore misleading your clients. Just to be absolutely clear, though, neither in my opinion is the person who calls himself a psychological astrologer. I find it hard to imagine anyone so dimwitted as not to realize that a psychological astrologer is an astrologer, not an academic psychologist. The latter calls himself a psychological astrologer, not just "a psychologist," precisely because he's not trying to mislead the client, who is after all almost certainly looking for an astrological consultation, not a consultation with an academic psychologist.

waybread

I don't think that it is proven that mental health problems have physical/biochemical causes, what we know is that mental health issues and physical problems and/or biochemical imbalances go hand in hand. It's a very intricate topic, and the "anatomy" of "research" itself is just as complex.

PTSD is particularly interesting because

"Specifically, PTSD differs from other neuropsychiatric disorders in that it is the only chronic mental disorder in which the experience of an environmentally induced event (i.e., the trauma) is critical to its diagnosis and development. That the development of PTSD is not genetically or biologically inevitable allows examination of the biological consequences of a psychological phenomenon." /In: J. Vasterling and C. Brewin (2005) Neuropsychology of PTSD: Biological, Cognitive, and Clinical Perspectives , pp.x/

Possibly we misunderstand one another. The brains of advanced Alzheimer's patients look different than the brains of neuro-normal people. What about drug-related chemical dependencies or addictions?

Spock, I don't know how much education in psychological counseling Liz Greene and her colleagues undertook, but you are probably familiar with this institution:

http://www.cpalondon.com/

If those staff members have any serious credentials in psychology, I couldn't see it.

waybread

Exactly. Liz Greene has a recent (2010) Ph. D. now from an accredited British university (Bristol)-- but it isn't in psychology. It's in history. Her 1971 "Ph. D." was from a small diploma mill that no longer exists.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Spock, and therein lies our disagreement. If I am interpreting you correctly, it seems like you believe that astrology has no inherent power to assist people. An astrological theorist does not seem the same or even vaguely similar to an astrologer or astrological practitioner. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to dismiss you or your claims, I think many of them are valid, I just don't agree with them and that disagreement will make it difficult for the discussion to continue.

That being said, I'm curious as to what purpose you think there is in astrology if it doesn't have practical application? Feel free to ignore this question, you certaily don't have to share this information with me if you don't want to.

Yes, I agree with this to an extent and especially agree with a point you made later about psychological astrologers essentially imposing psychology on astrology. My only concern is that you mention the ability to discuss or prove astrology empirically and repeatably. You mention it, but sort of just shrug your shoulders and wish silently "one day...". Do you honestly think there will ever be a day wherein astrological correspondences will be able to be demonstrated empirically like that?

It seems impossible to separate one astrological influence from the next, and it's clear (in my interpretation of history, undoubtedly everyone has their own. :D) that the reason why the modern world has seen so many different techniques to supposedly "explain" what is going on within any context is a complete ignorance of existing technique. I just have a hard time believing that astrology is going to be able to be at all scientifically recognized since each part is so interconnected with the next.

So, there's our divide. You strive for astrology to be academically recognized. I honestly couldn't care less. Anecdotal evidence is good enough for me. :)

Woot woot! 2500th post!
Every one of those posts is much appreciated
~ the more the merrier
!

JUPITERASC

When the OP asked
I would like some light about the origins of psychological astrology.
How did it come to be?
What cultures saw its birth first? Etc.
although the OP has not provided their own personal definition of 'a psychological astrologer'
the thread is posted in RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT subforum
obviously, some basic research into
and then clarification regarding the meaning of the title, 'a psychological astrologer'
is a required part of the thread discussion
Gratifying as it sometimes is to have people agree with me, in this instance you're agreeing with an opinion I didn't express.

In the first three sentences you quoted I was summarizing "the thrust of this discussion."
I then continued,
"In the first place the person who chooses to consult with a psychological astrologer does so
because of the word astrology in the title,
because he believes in it and its efficacy.
That belief might be mistaken but he's not being misled
." [emphasis added]

In short, the exact opposite of what you were supposedly agreeing with.

If, however, in your psychological counseling practice you don't resort to astrology,
for instance for diagnostic purposes,
then I was mistaken in thinking you were using astrology without your clients being cognizant of that fact
and also mistaken in my tentative conclusion that you were therefore misleading your clients.

Just to be absolutely clear, though, neither in my opinion is the person who calls himself a psychological astrologer.

I find it hard to imagine anyone so dimwitted as not to realize
that a psychological astrologer is an astrologer,
not an academic psychologist.

The latter calls himself a psychological astrologer, not just "a psychologist,"
precisely because he's not trying to mislead the client,
who is after all almost certainly looking for an astrological consultation,
not a consultation with an academic psychologist.
clearly then
by the quoted clarification
a psychological ASTROLOGER does not require ANY academic psychology qualification
in order to practice PSYCHOLOGICAL ASTROLOGY

because
clients seeking advice are seeking an ASTROLOGICAL consultation
AND NOT 'a consultation with an academic psychologist'

and so
a self-styled 'psychological astrologer' is not attempting to mislead clients

because
when a client seeks ASTROLOGICAL advice from any ASTROLOGER
whether that person is a self-styled PSYCHOLOGICAL ASTROLOGER or not
knowledge of/familiarity with astrological techniques is the important factor
NOT psychological knowledge

A psychological astrologer then simply DOES NOT REQUIRE academic psychology qualifications
such as for example, A DEGREE IN PSYCHOLOGY :smile:

Last edited:

Inline

Exactly. Liz Greene has a recent (2010) Ph. D. now from an accredited British university (Bristol)-- but it isn't in psychology. It's in history. Her 1971 "Ph. D." was from a small diploma mill that no longer exists.

[FONT=&quot]To answer the OP’s question, it was Liz Greene’s book ‘Saturn – a new look at an old Devil’ that started the study psychological astrology…. in my opinion. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Perhaps she’d completed years of therapy, and applied her knowledge of astrological imagery to develop a deeper understanding…[FONT=&quot]?[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]

W[/FONT]hatever her credentials are or experiences were, her insights are inspired and legitimate[FONT=&quot]....

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]She modernized astrology[FONT=&quot] b[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]y getting rid of the dangerous over-simplification of interpreting good’ ‘evil’ or ‘bad’ and demonstrat[FONT=&quot]ed[/FONT] very convincingly, that astrology can also describe human nature as infinitely more complex.[/FONT]

Last edited:

waybread

JA, have you read the books of psychological astrologers like Liz Greene?

[deleted attacking response - Moderator]

Some of their material is explicitly psychological-- even from Freud's playbook in the earlier years. (See, for example, Greene and Sasportas, The Development of Personality vol. 1 from their Seminars in Psychological Astrology series, 1987.) Sasportas's chapter on "The Stages of Childhood" is explicitly Freudian, complete with the oral, anal, and oedipal stages-- despite the earlier discrediting of these theories (see J. Masson, The Assault on Truth.)

Greene's discussion of the moon from a therapeutic perspective is often of the Blame Mom type that was popular in the mid-20th century. (See Greene and Sasportas, The Luminaries: The Psychology of the Sun and Moon in the Horoscope of the same series.)

Many of their books are based upon transcripts of Greene's et al. workshops for astrologers/astrology students.

I suspect that nowadays only a small fraction of what transpires as astrological chart-reading for people in the West is of the old-fashioned paid astrologer-paying client variety; due to the rise of Internet amateur chart readings and the facility which astrological software has given to amateurs.

A troubling feature of some of Greene's work on Mom is that Greene seemed to feel that the moon in one's horoscope described one's literal (and usually dysfunctional) mother, typically in a "neurosis"-producing way. Yet:

1. Anybody with siblings would find their moon in different placements, yet Mom is the same person throughout. Even allowing for favouritism and scapegoating, it just does not compute that the moon gives us more than our experience of Mom. We seldom view Mom's side of the story. (For a real Blame Mom psychological astrology text that goes seriously over the top, see Judy Hall, Hades Moon.)

2. Much of Greene's theorizing seems based upon old-fashioned psychotherapy, which was based upon patients/clients with manifest mental health problems. Today, a lot of people have no serious mental health problems, but just want their chart read.

This becomes more troubling when we consider whether, if a chart native has no particular childhood issues or mental health problems to begin with, whether an astrologer trained by the "psychological astrology" group is actually equipped to deal with ordinary decently happy lives.

I can provide many more examples from the "psychological astrology" books on my shelf-- to which I seldom refer these days for the above reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

[FONT=&quot]To answer the OP’s question, it was Liz Greene’s book ‘Saturn – a new look at an old Devil’ that started the study psychological astrology…. in my opinion. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Perhaps she’d completed years of therapy, and applied her knowledge of astrological imagery to develop a deeper understanding…[FONT=&quot]?[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]

W[/FONT]hatever her credentials are or experiences were, her insights are inspired and legitimate[FONT=&quot]....

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]She modernized astrology[FONT=&quot] b[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]y getting rid of the dangerous over-simplification of interpreting good’ ‘evil’ or ‘bad’ and demonstrat[FONT=&quot]ed[/FONT] very convincingly, that astrology can also describe human nature as infinitely more complex.[/FONT]

No, unfortunately not. See David Roell's investigative report at: http://www.astroamerica.com/greenebio2.html

She lists her initial "Ph. D." as granted in 1971. Since she was born in 1946, she wouldn't have had a legitimate pre-Ph. D. practice. After receiving her diploma, Greene moved to the UK and started her practice. Interestingly, Roell couldn't even find that Green completed a BA degree, and Greene apparently has not posted receiving one-- that I could find.

I agree that Greene has made significant contributions to astrology, although she did not make them single-handedly. As Zarathu noted, Dane Rudhyar began reading up on and publishing in the vein of the then-popular humanistic psychology, long prior to Greene's birth. Rudhyar's own astrological lineage goes back to the theosophists.

Also, while traditional western astrology of the past can get pretty doomy and gloomy for people with stressful planetary placements, it did have some moderate material on human personality, which was understood as temperament or the soul. To get the idea, try reading Ptolemy's Tetrabiblos: it's in print, and was a huge influence on the Muslim and European astrologers who followed.

Since Greene was a founder of the Faculty of Astrological Studies, we can take its credentialing in psychological astrology under advisement.

Last edited:

Inline

.....Anybody with siblings would find their moon in different placements, yet Mom is the same person throughout. Even allowing for favouritism and scapegoating, it just does not compute that the moon gives us more than our experience of Mom. We seldom view Mom's side of the story. (For a real Blame Mom psychological astrology text that goes seriously over the top, see Judy Hall, Hades Moon.)

My experience with Greene's psychological interpretation of the moon (parents) was exactly the opposite......

I picked up from her writings that 'Mom' for example, was in fact a 'different Mom' for different people, siblings included....

This was quite healing when i read it as a young adult.

JUPITERASC

Clearly, those who consult astrologers
do so because they require an astrological opinion
and
those who consult psychologists
require an academic psychological opinion

To demand that qualifications in academic psychology
are somehow NECESSARY in order to practise 'psychological astrology'
is overlooking the fact
that astrological knowledge
is of far more importance than academic psycholigal qualifications are
to someone who is an astrologer