Will I get the house?

ashriia

Hi horary astrologers.

Curious about what the chart indicates. This house would be a family inheritance, the house is currently owned by non family.

If I get it I plan to sell it, not live in it myself.

So in the chart, I'm venus in the 8th. and I'm guessing the house is an 8th house matter so ruler of 8th is also venus and in 8th. :andy:
So I have no clue.

Is the chart indicating a yes or no?

Appreciate your help.

Attachments

• will i get the house.jpg
    will i get the house.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 49

muchacho

L4 retrograde and in detriment of Moon and south node in H4. There's something seriously wrong with that house. It is not going to make you happy. But since you are not planning to live there and just want to sell it, we can probably ignore it.

L1 in H8 could just mean that you are thinking about/ are concerned about 8th house matters.

I'm a little confused about the ownership situation. You say it's family but owned by non-family. So how could you inherit it? Have you been favorably mentioned in someone elses will? Who's supposed to give you the house? Can you clarify?

ashriia

Thank you for your intepretation.
Yes, no plans on living there. The area is not so great and there is a major river nearby that floods pretty often, and its surrounded by a cemetary.

Its a long story about the house it belonged to a deceased family member, and legally he still owns the house. So we are working to claim it from the company that bought it. Which is why i asked the question, since its a shot in the dark.

L4 retrograde and in detriment of Moon and south node in H4. There's something seriously wrong with that house. It is not going to make you happy. But since you are not planning to live there and just want to sell it, we can probably ignore it.

L1 in H8 could just mean that you are thinking about/ are concerned about 8th house matters.

I'm a little confused about the ownership situation. You say it's family but owned by non-family. So how could you inherit it? Have you been favorably mentioned in someone elses will? Who's supposed to give you the house? Can you clarify?

ashriia

Hi.

I just want to know generally speaking if I will get the house. I'm not fighting with the company to get it or anything. The state will either give me the house or not, I put my claim in. The company that bought it just snatched it up because they assumed their were no living members of my family left to take the house. I just learned of the property and I'm working with the state to get it. So the question is simply will I get it.

So this is a legal contest, where you want to know if your claim will be successful?

muchacho

Hi.

I just want to know generally speaking if I will get the house. I'm not fighting with the company to get it or anything. The state will either give me the house or not, I put my claim in. The company that bought it just snatched it up because they assumed their were no living members of my family left to take the house. I just learned of the property and I'm working with the state to get it. So the question is simply will I get it.
The question is very clear. But we have to find the right significator for the other party. Hence all these questions. So it's a you against them situation with the state being the judge. Which means you'll get H1, the owner H7 and the state H10.

The problem with your chart though is that the ASC is literally in the last few minutes of the sign. So I'm not sure if its even worth looking at. Because at the time I am writing this, the chart may already be invalid.

ashriia

The problem with your chart though is that the ASC is literally in the last few minutes of the sign. So I'm not sure if its even worth looking at. Because at the time I am writing this, the chart may already be invalid.

Well I didn't understand the late degree ascendant but now I do. I goofed, the error in judgement was mine. That's probably why the ascendant is at an invalid degree. Its not the house I will inherit but something else. lol. remnants of the merc retrograde i guess on my south node.:w00t:

sorry everyone.

IleneK

Premium Member
Well I didn't understand the late degree ascendant but now I do. I goofed, the error in judgement was mine. That's probably why the ascendant is at an invalid degree. Its not the house I will inherit but something else. lol. remnants of the merc retrograde i guess on my south node.:w00t:

sorry everyone.

No need for apology at all, ashriia! This thread has been very instructive for me. Thank you, and muchacho, too.

muchacho

sorry everyone.
Oh, that's interesting.

The late ascendant rule is actually a controversial one. I remember that Frawley sees it as a relict from centuries ago when measuring time accurately was a huge problem and astrologers had to pay with their lives for bad judgements. And since that isn't an issue anymore, he suggests to ignore that rule, insisting that every chart can be read.

I would agree that every chart can be read, but I'd add that not every chart should be read. Similar to when a significator is in the last minutes of a sign, then it usually has already changed signs when the astrologer is still busy delineating the chart. And a change of sign usually means change of dignities which means a change in motivations and therefore a new situation. A different ascendant means even more profound changes. So I still see a point there in being careful with late ascendants. However, I'd say the 3 degrees rule is a bit extreme. Depending on the question, even 1 degree left should be okay. But if the ascendant is literally in the last few minutes of the sign, then this begs the question why that is. And your chart is a good example.