Sun Square Moon! (Dun dun dunnnn... :( )

EarthAirNFire

Again, I apologize if this a redundant thread, but I looked and didn't see any on this particular topic.
I'd like to hear anyone's experience, firsthand or not, with this aspect. I've done some research and found several interpretations, and the only thing they all seem to agree on is that it's not good. However, I'm trying to cultivate the attitude that there are no truly "bad" aspects, only those that demand more effort than others.
My primary experience with being a Sun-Square-Mooner has to do with my reactions to social situations. I like to talk and share ideas with people, and I enjoy parties and gatherings, but I don't "need" people the way a lot of sun-in-air-signs do, and in fact need quite a bit of alone- or down-time.
While my parents relationship was certainly deserving of sun-square-moon status, I did not perceive that too much as a child, so I don't think that interpretive angle applies to me too much.

IleneK

Premium Member
If you put up the chart we can enrich our comments based on the subtleties of the aspect, and the sign/places in which the planets are positioned.

AppLeo

Sun square Moon are two different parts of your personality forcing itself to work together even though their energies are so different. The Moon often represents our needs, and the Sun represents our desires. Every time you want something your needs are somehow not met, and vise versa.

Because of this, these people have trouble setting goals and following through on them, go through rigorous periods of work only to become lazy and self-indulgent the next. There personality is scattered on what it wants to achieve and be.

For example, if your Sun is in Taurus and your Moon is in Leo you're gonna be so lost because you want the security and stability as a Taurus, but how can you do that if you want to live lavishly and and seek lots of attention and adoration. The Taurus sign isn't adaptable or risky enough, which will make the Leo moon crazy, and if the Leo Moon dares to do anything risky by giving into their impulsive Moon the Taurus Sun will not be getting what it wants, which is maintaining security.

But because this is a square, the planets will force themselves to work together and they usually work for something that makes both happy. So a Taurus with Leo Moon may become a successful CEO because they need that to support who they are.

cosmicseeing

I have Sun 22 Gemini square Moon 0 Libra. and Mars 27 Virgo. Virgo Rising.

The square.. ahh.. having a lot of Gemini/Mercurial influences makes it feel so dualistic. I do find myself indecisive at times, or just not sure. Maybe harder to take initiative to do what it is I desire. Mutableness. I relate to what AppLeo has said, "personality is scattered on what it wants to achieve and be."
At times it's difficult for me to find the will and determination to see a project through, to persevere through it and discipline myself to achieve the project.