Projecting Sun, Moon, Venus, and Mars: Exceptions to the rule?

soratothamax

I've been reading that traditionally, in a woman's chart, she would project or "disown" her Sun and Mars and project it on a man or men in general.

Some women still believe in doing that today.

I've also heard that in a man's chart, he usually would project his Moon and Venus.

Would there be exceptions to this rule if a woman's Sun or Mars aspected her Moon or Venus, where she wouldn't "disown" it quite as much?

For instance, Sun conjunct Moon women. Would she embrace her sun more into her personality?

Likewise, with a man who had Venus or Moon aspecting Sun or Mars?

Example: A man who has Venus trine Mars, would he accept Venus into his expression of manhood?

Or if a woman had Moon or Venus in a sign that was ruled by the Sun and Mars? Likewise, a man having Sun and Mars in a sign that was ruled by the Moon and Venus?

Like Venus in Aries, Venus in Leo, Moon in Leo, Moon in Aries for women

Or

For men Sun in Cancer, Sun in Taurus, Sun in Libra or Mars in Cancer, Mars in Taurus, Mars in Libra?

I was curious about this, especially in regard to traditional astrology and in comparison to the mind-sets of society and how it has shaped men and women today. People still seem to disown these energies.

This is really noticeable in the book and movie Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. And a good number of women still put a lot of emphasis on their appearances rather than their own strengths, as well as men putting more emphasis on being the strongest, instead of their appearances. Though both genders have shown magnificent growth in "owning" the planets more...

Just something I'm curious about.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I've been reading that traditionally, in a woman's chart,
she would project or "disown" her Sun and Mars
and project it on a man or men in general.

Some women still believe in doing that today.

I've also heard that in a man's chart,
he usually would project his Moon and Venus.

If this information is viewable online then a link would be appreciated
Would there be exceptions to this rule if a woman's Sun or Mars aspected her Moon or Venus, where she wouldn't "disown" it quite as much?

By the way, since you mention you read this 'traditionally'
then in which traditional text or book is this stated as being a rule?

For instance, Sun conjunct Moon women. Would she embrace her sun more into her personality?

Likewise, with a man who had Venus or Moon aspecting Sun or Mars?

Example: A man who has Venus trine Mars, would he accept Venus into his expression of manhood?

Or if a woman had Moon or Venus in a sign that was ruled by the Sun and Mars? Likewise, a man having Sun and Mars in a sign that was ruled by the Moon and Venus?

Like Venus in Aries, Venus in Leo, Moon in Leo, Moon in Aries for women

Or

For men Sun in Cancer, Sun in Taurus, Sun in Libra or Mars in Cancer, Mars in Taurus, Mars in Libra?

I was curious about this, especially in regard to traditional astrology and in comparison to the mind-sets of society and how it has shaped men and women today. People still seem to disown these energies.

This is really noticeable in the book and movie Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. And a good number of women still put a lot of emphasis on their appearances rather than their own strengths, as well as men putting more emphasis on being the strongest, instead of their appearances. Though both genders have shown magnificent growth in "owning" the planets more...

Just something I'm curious about.
Example traditional delineation of a non-married couple :smile:
2u6i7o4.png

Prediction of Marriage in 21st century is not so clear-cut as it would have been in Medieval times
because today there are more and more couples who do not accept the official institution of Marriage.
They live together but they are not officially married.
Such is the example of Oprah Whinfrey
and Stedman Graham
the chart of who we are giving here.

As you can see, between Venus and MC there are no planets,
so the person according to this technique would never get married.
This is not always so, but in this particular example it is exactly like that.

"Graham and Winfrey were engaged to be married in November 1992, but later decided they would rather have a "spiritual union."

This is from wikipedia.
They still live together but they are not married.

The ruler of DC (where also Part of Marriage happened to be in this chart) is not seeing its place of rulership.
In this case it is Venus, which is also in Fall.

It is in aversion to the sign which rules on DC.
Venus is also cadent in 6th.

"But if the Moon were combust and Saturn shall aspect her from the
opposition or square aspect and Jupiter does not aspect her nor does Saturn
receive her, it signifies that the native will not accept a wife."

Moon is combust, Saturn aspect her by Sign Antiscia.

"But if she were joined with Mercury, it signifies that the wife will be learned, well cultivating intelligence."

Moon is with Mercury. Well, Oprah is not his wife, it is his girlfriend, but this description applies to her.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=384616#post384616

Therese

Projections. We don't "believe" in doing them, we actually have to work hard to become aware of them. I think that in order to know what a person projects onto others, first we need to know the makeup of their consciousness (whole chart). We all project some parts of ourselves on others, and we all have aspects of ourselves that we find more difficult to cope with. Ideally, this would shift as we grow older or as we grow in understanding, but it never "disappears", I don't think anybody can grasp the totality of who they are.

What is easier or harder to own and what gets projected depends on a lot of things. And most of us live in societies with a thousand standards (be one of the men at the workplace, a mother at home, etc), and have a different set of behaviour for each and every situation. The post-modern man as they are today, with their thousand faces, would be abnormal in a tribal community or even in Western society a few hundred years ago. If you lack this "flexibility" today, let's say you are being yourself most of the time or you always follow the same standards of behaviour, you can immediately look yourself up in DSM-5.

I really don't think you can skip some of the planets and avoid looking at the chart in its entirety to have an idea what a person tends to project on others and what they tend to embrace. And it's not sure that the main "target" of projection is going to be the partner, by the way. Look at all those mothers and fathers who want their daughter to be a beauty queen or a doctor, or their son to be a baseball player or a CEO... Some women disown some aspect of their femininity, just like some men reject certain facets of their masculinity. And also, some simply never "had" those facets in the first place.

ashriia

not that simple because there are masculine women and feminine men

a guy with moon in cancer will not project it he's going to feel it and own it

a woman with sun in leo will not look for a guy who's leonian she's going to take the stage for herself

I agree with your not being that simple comment.

But also think in your two examples, if sun/moon is heavily afflicted they will not be "owned" by the native. that is, with no harmonious aspects whatsoever to them, I mean to say.

Lin

I don't like the word "disown" and I don't think it's accurate.

Projecting has a lot to do with the makeup of the natal chart. I don't think I could generalize about this. The examples I've seen thru clients don't seem to follow any particular rule.

It's always best to start with a chart....and then see if in that chart there is a tendency to project.
My opinion anyway.
LIN

soratothamax

soratothamax

Projections. We don't "believe" in doing them, we actually have to work hard to become aware of them. I think that in order to know what a person projects onto others, first we need to know the makeup of their consciousness (whole chart). We all project some parts of ourselves on others, and we all have aspects of ourselves that we find more difficult to cope with. Ideally, this would shift as we grow older or as we grow in understanding, but it never "disappears", I don't think anybody can grasp the totality of who they are.

What is easier or harder to own and what gets projected depends on a lot of things. And most of us live in societies with a thousand standards (be one of the men at the workplace, a mother at home, etc), and have a different set of behaviour for each and every situation. The post-modern man as they are today, with their thousand faces, would be abnormal in a tribal community or even in Western society a few hundred years ago. If you lack this "flexibility" today, let's say you are being yourself most of the time or you always follow the same standards of behaviour, you can immediately look yourself up in DSM-5.

I really don't think you can skip some of the planets and avoid looking at the chart in its entirety to have an idea what a person tends to project on others and what they tend to embrace. And it's not sure that the main "target" of projection is going to be the partner, by the way. Look at all those mothers and fathers who want their daughter to be a beauty queen or a doctor, or their son to be a baseball player or a CEO... Some women disown some aspect of their femininity, just like some men reject certain facets of their masculinity. And also, some simply never "had" those facets in the first place.

This is really deep and thought-provoking. I agree that the chart must be considered as a whole.

Thanks everyone for clarifying this. :)