What's the astrology of becoming prettier with age?

princess valhalla

I would think Venus in positive aspect with Saturn (like a trine or sextile.)
Generally Capricorn rising get better with age. So also maybe a really well placed/strong Saturn might make someone age gracefully.

http://astrofix.net/2010/07/20/venussaturn-aspects/#.UQnbAx1JNAo

I have moon conjunct venus trined by saturn. Also all 3, Moon,Venus and Saturn trine my ascendant. Hopefully I age gracefully! :lol: I am Taurus rising in Capricorn decan. I am still fairly young. However people always think I am much younger than I am. Always get carded (downside!) lol

Of course genetics play a part as well. My mom is an example that has gotten much prettier the older she gets. She has venus H2 opposite saturn H8.
Venus sextiles her ascendant and saturn trines her ascendant. She also has a mutual reception of venus and her sun.

*Her Saturn is in Libra (a venusian saturn.) She also has exalted moon in Taurus.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Sorry.... but having lived almost 64 years, I can assure you that no one becomes prettier with age. More stately perhaps, but not prettier in any format I can think of. :sideways::biggrin::eek::confused:

princess valhalla

lol maybe prettier is the wrong word but some people age very well as opposed to others that look horrible for their age. My mom is 59 and blows most 40 year old women out of the water. Of course she has always taken care of herself, doesn't drink or smoke, etc. And heritage plays a part being hispanic with native american blood as well. The woman has no wrinkles! With the shape of a 20 year old to boot. no plastic surgery either. :andy: LOL!

astro11

I really don't think astrology has anything to do with aging gracefully, it is more about a person's self confidence, their eating and exercise habits, and their inner personal growth and kindness. Audrey Hepburn was a very beautiful woman both on the inside and out from her younger days to the day she died. When she was asked to share her beauty tips, she made a poem. It was read at her funeral years later:

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

This is what I believe makes a person truly beautiful as they progress along their life journey :smile:

Last edited:

princess valhalla

I really don't think astrology has anything to do with aging more gracefully, it is much more about a person's self confidence, their eating and exercise habits, and their inner personal growth and kindness. Audrey Hepburn was a very beautiful woman both on the inside and out from her younger days to the day she died. When she was asked to share her beauty tips, she made a poem. It was read at her funeral years later:

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

This is what I believe makes a person truly beautiful as they progress along their life journey :smile:

Love Audrey Hepburn! I named my daughter Audrey after her. You are right, inner beauty is more important than outer beauty.

FullMoonLibra, I wouldn't worry about that transit. It might just mean that you will start appreciating your inner beauty as opposed to just outer. :)

fullmoonlibra

I really don't think astrology has anything to do with aging gracefully, it is more about a person's self confidence, their eating and exercise habits, and their inner personal growth and kindness. Audrey Hepburn was a very beautiful woman both on the inside and out from her younger days to the day she died. When she was asked to share her beauty tips, she made a poem. It was read at her funeral years later:

Very impressive.
Thanks to share this, thanks for the enlightment.
I remember you were gemini, or had strong air right?

fullmoonlibra

Love Audrey Hepburn! I named my daughter Audrey after her. You are right, inner beauty is more important than outer beauty.

FullMoonLibra, I wouldn't worry about that transit. It might just mean that you will start appreciating your inner beauty as opposed to just outer. :)

Hmm.
I willhave this transit through 4th house, opposite 10th house, speaking about inner-outer..

!4C

Less facial expression will preserve the face from creases and wrinkles, so it is no wonder that saturn/capricorn is credited with both age defiance and lack of emotional expression. Also, a person with strong staurn/cap might be least likley to gain weight with age due to the restrictive nature of saturn. Excessive tissue around the face will contribute to facial wrinkles later on as well.

Last edited:

astro11

What makes a person unique is the story written on their face from their life experience. I have studied the art and science of face reading for quite a long time. Among older people, the laugh lines, wrinkles and crows feet show that the person enjoyed their life; when these marks are not there, it tells me the opposite and that is a consistent finding. I think aging gracefully is when you are proud to show off these marks as a testimony to a life well lived and wisdom hard won. People who use methods to get rid of these lines or otherwise alter their facial features tend to be dissatisfied with themselves and their life. On the flip side, when you are comfortable in your own skin, you are naturally happier and it reflects outwardly as grace. When a person is generous and kind, there is a special brightness in their face and gleam in their eye. I find these people the most beautiful of them all.

princess valhalla

That was beautiful Samantha! :love:
Made me think of this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson:
"The age of a woman doesn't mean a thing. The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles."

Konrad

Account Closed
This is completely my own invention based upon theory and not with any practical testing of it, but perhaps a cadent Venus or Jupiter influencing the ASC or Moon someway (aspect, lordship etc.) would do this. Cadent planets tend to manifest their significations later and less forcefully than angular or succeedent planets.

As I said, I have not tested this but would be open to looking at some charts of people who have aged well, though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so it could be a big waste of time!

JUPITERASC

This is completely my own invention based upon theory and not with any practical testing of it, but perhaps a cadent Venus or Jupiter influencing the ASC or Moon someway (aspect, lordship etc.) would do this. Cadent planets tend to manifest their significations later and less forcefully than angular or succeedent planets.

As I said, I have not tested this but would be open to looking at some charts of people who have aged well, though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so it could be a big waste of time!
Thanks for that interesting insight Konrad, now there's an unexpected benefit of cadent houses to balance certain otherwise dire associations with particularly 6th and 12th! Although 3rd and 9th have a deservedly better reputation since they at least aspect the ASC ....and 6th is of course preferable to 12th since 6th trines MC

- I'm assuming the idea would apply to men as well as women, although men would not 'be prettier' but would 'be more handsome' instead :smile:

Konrad

Account Closed
Thanks for that interesting insight Konrad, now there's an unexpected benefit of cadent houses to balance certain otherwise dire associations with particularly 6th and 12th! Although 3rd and 9th have a deservedly better reputation since they at least aspect the ASC ....and 6th is of course preferable to 12th since 6th trines MC

- I'm assuming the idea would apply to men as well as women, although men would not 'be prettier' but would 'be more handsome' instead :smile:

Well Venus in the 6th or 12th would bring certain sexual deviances and troubles in relationships, all other things being equal. I would much rather see Venus in the 3rd as the 9th is said to be bad for marriage for men.

As for men, Venus actually does give a feminine beauty to men too. All the old texts list her significations to be similar to Jupiter's but more "womanly". The eyelashes in particular seem to be affected in men with Venus influencing the ASC.

JUPITERASC

Well Venus in the 6th or 12th would bring certain sexual deviances and troubles in relationships, all other things being equal. I would much rather see Venus in the 3rd as the 9th is said to be bad for marriage for men.

As for men, Venus actually does give a feminine beauty to men too. All the old texts list her significations to be similar to Jupiter's but more "womanly". The eyelashes in particular seem to be affected in men with Venus influencing the ASC.
Konrad are you combining Hellenistic with Medieval or is the above solely a Medieval perspective? :smile:

Konrad

Account Closed
Well in general I am applying Hellenistic and Perso/Arabic principles "by my own intelligence" (to quote Abu Ma'shar). I have no problems mixing and altering techniques after I have understood the originals in a philosophical and practical sense.

As for those positionings of Venus specifically, these are standard fare as found in Firmicus Maternus, Rhetorius and whatever sources they were using. It also makes sense that Venusian things and traits will be corrupted when Venus is placed in "evil" houses and the other significators (in this case lord of the 7th and Lot of Marriage and its lord) are not contradicting that placement.

Why do you ask?

JUPITERASC

Well in general I am applying Hellenistic and Perso/Arabic principles "by my own intelligence" (to quote Abu Ma'shar). I have no problems mixing and altering techniques after I have understood the originals in a philosophical and practical sense.

As for those positionings of Venus specifically, these are standard fare as found in Firmicus Maternus, Rhetorius and whatever sources they were using. It also makes sense that Venusian things and traits will be corrupted when Venus is placed in "evil" houses and the other significators (in this case lord of the 7th and Lot of Marriage and its lord) are not contradicting that placement.

Why do you ask?
Hi Konrad, I'm officially on holiday but your posts are too interesting to not respond to!

And I can choose to be a 'writer's holiday' so consider this posted from a mythical cybercafe in cyberspace :smile:

I ask because Medieval techniques differ considerably from Hellenistic - mainly due to the rather tedious 'points' system of Medieval and the somewhat clearer 'Sect' perspective of Hellenistic... although I realize that's an overly simplistic statement of course

I have Ben Dykes recent translations of Persian Nativities Parts I, II and III which I dip into from time to time HOWEVER my main current focus is Babylonian astrology which of course predates Hellenistic as well as Medieval