Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-12-2016, 08:56 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Law or business?

Hi guys!

Im currently a law student with a lot of doubts about my future

Ive tried to read my chart by myself and seem to find conflicting conclusions, ending up torn in too many directions on this.

ASC and Mars (MC ruler) and 2nd in Leo : Does it indicate a performer? Someone in the public eye?

Sun and Mercury (ruler of the 11th, house of gains) in 7th in Aquarius : Inventor, lots of travel, humanitarian work, writer?

Stellium in the 6th house in Capricorn : business, management?

Stellium in the 5th house in Sagittarius, including venus : arts?

Im confused by the lack of unanimity, so Ive researched some career-related asteroids/points for help :

Chiron in the 3rd in Virgo : no idea what that means, maybe health practitioner?

Pallas in 10th in Taurus : Strategic at work, practical results?

NN 4th Sorpio : I give up...


I anyone has pointers, Ill gladly do more research, but Im basically looking for an area of potential for me to explore. So far Im torn mostly between law (Mercurys influence and Mars placement) and business (lots happening in Capricorn, and again Mercury and Mars).

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_2gw_01_anonymous.5356.20661.gif (47.3 KB, 16 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 08-12-2016, 09:21 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,316
Re: Law or business?

First off, get a sense of the horoscope. You've got a big stellium in your 6th house, which deals with illness and health, work (in the sense of just-a-job vs. one's vocation,) and service. With your Aquarian sun-Uranus in the 6th, you probably would like a job where you can feel that you beneficially serve other people. Health care of some description actually wouldn't be a bad field for you, so if you continue with law or take up a business career, see if you can work for a health care company or business.

I actually think law is a good field for you, so it may simply be a question of getting through your studies, getting that degree, and then moving into a specialized field of law that you really like.

The law as a field of study is a 9th house matter, and your ninth house is ruled by a domiciled Jupiter. Litigation is a 7th house matter, and your Mars-Mercury axis is helpful. Mars in your first house of body and personality suggests that you can be a fighter, and it also rules your 10th house cusp of career.

What aspects of law currently appeal to you most? If you put together the different pieces of your chart puzzle, I could see you involved in medical malpractice lawsuits, law involving children (Jupiter in the 5th house,) or legal aid to people who cannot afford an expensive lawyer.

But with those quintiles in your chart, you are actually a very ambitious person, and you wouldn't be happy in a lifestyle that didn't give you an opportunity to be ambitious-- and even competitive.

For a business career, I would hope to see a stronger 2nd-8th house axis (your money and investments.) Of course, you could use a law degree in the business world.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 08-12-2016, 09:40 PM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Law or business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
First off, get a sense of the horoscope. You've got a big stellium in your 6th house, which deals with illness and health, work (in the sense of just-a-job vs. one's vocation,) and service. With your Aquarian sun-Uranus in the 6th, you probably would like a job where you can feel that you beneficially serve other people. Health care of some description actually wouldn't be a bad field for you, so if you continue with law or take up a business career, see if you can work for a health care company or business.

I actually think law is a good field for you, so it may simply be a question of getting through your studies, getting that degree, and then moving into a specialized field of law that you really like.

The law as a field of study is a 9th house matter, and your ninth house is ruled by a domiciled Jupiter. Litigation is a 7th house matter, and your Mars-Mercury axis is helpful. Mars in your first house of body and personality suggests that you can be a fighter, and it also rules your 10th house cusp of career.

What aspects of law currently appeal to you most? If you put together the different pieces of your chart puzzle, I could see you involved in medical malpractice lawsuits, law involving children (Jupiter in the 5th house,) or legal aid to people who cannot afford an expensive lawyer.

But with those quintiles in your chart, you are actually a very ambitious person, and you wouldn't be happy in a lifestyle that didn't give you an opportunity to be ambitious-- and even competitive.

For a business career, I would hope to see a stronger 2nd-8th house axis (your money and investments.) Of course, you could use a law degree in the business world.
First off thanks a lot! And yes, Im still trying to get a grip on chart reading, so sorry for the generalizations.

You read me correctly, I am ambitious and it contributes to the pressure of forging a plan for my future, to the point where it seems like I have more ambition than strategy.
And you are on point when it comes to the interest in the medical field, I studied medicine before changing to law So the field of malpractice is HIGHLY interesting to me.

Currently Im too early in though to have a good perspective on whats out there so Im postponing that decision a few years into the future
But Im still an Aquarius, so anything that rings humanitarian is attractive.

With Law comes the question of politics. My Sun/Moon combo has been called political on another forum, what do you make of the rest of my chart regarding that?

I will keep what you said on business in mind, but Im not discouraged, reading my 2nd house as pretty strong.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 08-13-2016, 03:53 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,316
Re: Law or business?

I would only suggest that if you wish to run for political office, having a law degree is not a bad tool to have in your kit, because so much of political office-holding involves legislation.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 08-13-2016, 04:28 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: Law or business?

A couple of things would point to law - you have both moon and Mercury in phasis, and those are very good for writing - something that lawyers do a whole lot of. Planets in phasis often indicate careers.

There's often a Mercury-Mars aspect in the chart of attorneys, it's good for arguing.

But with moon and Mercury strong, plus Mercury sextiling Venus, don't overlook arts completely. If you like to write, pursue it. Maybe you won't want it as a primary career, but it's one you can certainly do well in.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 08-13-2016, 10:15 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,316
Re: Law or business?

Oddity, can you explain "phasis" here? I'm unfamiliar with the concept.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 08-13-2016, 10:22 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: Law or business?

Phasis means that a planet is going retrograde, direct, or stationery and will become visible, out of combustion, within 7 days (or did become visible in the 7 days preceding birth).

Phasis makes what a planet stands for prominent in the native's life, and is often the major career indicator if it's present in a chart. Interestingly, in jyotish, a retrograde planet is considered very strong. I wonder if phasis is the base of that.

ETA: Yes, you need either an ephemeris or software that recognises it to make sure of phasis.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 08-13-2016, 10:34 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,316
Re: Law or business?

Thanks, Oddity. I've got further questions about phasis, but don't wish to hijack Mia's thread. Would you mind starting a new thread on it on the traditional board?
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 08-14-2016, 03:03 AM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Law or business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
I would only suggest that if you wish to run for political office, having a law degree is not a bad tool to have in your kit, because so much of political office-holding involves legislation.
Im still not sure if its really for me, but youre right, its not too far fetched considering the law degree.
I was asking because of my Saturn placement, apparently 8th house placement can mean power positions later in life, so first thought was politics.
Also, my Pallas Athene is in the 10th, so a strategic approach to my career.
Finally Gemini on the cusp of the 11th house, I understand this means gains from communication/social interacting, since the ruler, Mercury is in the 7th?

By the way, Id love the link to the thread on retrograde, phasis, etc if you start a new one
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 08-14-2016, 03:29 AM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Law or business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
A couple of things would point to law - you have both moon and Mercury in phasis, and those are very good for writing - something that lawyers do a whole lot of. Planets in phasis often indicate careers.

There's often a Mercury-Mars aspect in the chart of attorneys, it's good for arguing.

But with moon and Mercury strong, plus Mercury sextiling Venus, don't overlook arts completely. If you like to write, pursue it. Maybe you won't want it as a primary career, but it's one you can certainly do well in.
Thanks so much for the insight, I love reading and tried writing in the past, though verbal communication comes easier than writing.
I LOVE that there is something artistic, I wanted to become a writer when I was a kid, and this is so motivating that I want to pick it up again as a hobby

Do you see any other artistic directions? I ask mainly because of my Leo ascendant and Venus in the 5th house. Jupiter also in the 5th, so this means expansion there?

Also on a side note, Ive seen writers charts analyzed elsewhere as to the topics they wrote about. Do you believe in that or is it overanalyzing?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 08-14-2016, 04:12 AM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: Law or business?

Music is also a possibility. As to analysing charts for what type of writing? After you've written a bunch, then it's all right, but I wouldn't want to try to pin it down before that. And even after you've written a bunch, it can be inconclusive, or you're shoehorning things in to fit.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 08-14-2016, 04:24 AM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Law or business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Music is also a possibility. As to analysing charts for what type of writing? After you've written a bunch, then it's all right, but I wouldn't want to try to pin it down before that. And even after you've written a bunch, it can be inconclusive, or you're shoehorning things in to fit.
I love to get all the possible answers as fast as possible, so yeah, I might push things a little

The music part is shocking, because I have the worst voice and tried piano as a kid but progressed so slow that my teacher advised me not to take it too seriously What parts indicate music btw? (I have Pallas Athene in Taurus, but thats about it).
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 08-14-2016, 04:38 AM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: Law or business?

Venus-Mercury often does. Or it could be performing arts generally, but given the market...I would probably try it as a secondary profession.

But the only person who can decide that is you. If you do have a burning passion for arts, chances are you know which ones by now.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 08-14-2016, 04:43 AM
MiaMiaMia MiaMiaMia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 222
Re: Law or business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Venus-Mercury often does. Or it could be performing arts generally, but given the market...I would probably try it as a secondary profession.

But the only person who can decide that is you. If you do have a burning passion for arts, chances are you know which ones by now.
...or a hobby?
Dont worry, Ill follow my heart anyway, but this stuff is just too fascinating not to ask.

(Are you familiar with the Enneagram system, its not astrology, but very interesting if you want to study personality from a more spiritual angle.)
Anyway, that makes me wonder if acting is on my chart?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
business

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.