Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.

Unread 12-31-2011, 07:07 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest

Quote:
uranus is electronic music
I'm still rather new to astrology. How does that play out?

What about rock vocalists? Probably something on the agressive/masculine side with mars or pluto? I know many aries that play in the genre and quite a few leo's (myself included ;]) that would probably support something along those lines. Always an overwhelming ammount of Taurus vocalists as well...

What if venus is in a square aspect to a planet in the midheaven?

Unread 12-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDare View Post
I'm still rather new to astrology. How does that play out?

What about rock vocalists? Probably something on the agressive/masculine side with mars or pluto? I know many aries that play in the genre and quite a few leo's (myself included ;]) that would probably support something along those lines. Always an overwhelming ammount of Taurus vocalists as well...

What if venus is in a square aspect to a planet in the midheaven?
venus is a benefic planet and even square to MC wouldn't do any damage really. It doesn't matter whether you have a good singing voice, it matters whether you can earn a living doing something with it surely?

For this you need to look at MC it's ruler and aspects...

How to find your career- sticky in Vocational Forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775
Unread 12-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Account Closed

Ah, an interesting thread I'd like to follow!

As far as I know, Mercury rules the the manner of communication, Taurus the throat and Venus culture and social functions. I wonder does the Moon come into this too though?

So what next? I think A50 has a good point above, which I've been discussing here lately too, and that's even squares and oppositions can indicate the talent or ability even if there are problems along the way. So, I think it's more than just sextiles or trines.

I wonder what does it mean what house Taurus rules and I suppose Mercury? Having Taurus rule the 9th - the ability to delve into philosophical topics in a manner which others find appealing or easy to digest? (as long as Venus is in good condition overall). Venus well placed in the 10th, besides the possibility for for making a career out of Venusian persuits, perhaps a pleasing and convincing manner well-received by bosses?

Which planets/cusps need to be in aspect? I suppose a complex web of Mercury, Venus and I wonder the Moon also. Not necessarily only these planets with each other, but as others have mentioned; Venus with Pluto, Mercury with Uranus. I forgot to add, if you're talking about performance, you really need the Sun and or ASC in there too, firstly the Sun I think and secondly the ASC.

I have no musical training myself and have no idea of my potential but have always enjoyed dancing immensely. (Mercury in Pisces on MC)
Unread 01-27-2012, 04:13 AM

I've mercury conjunct venus, pluto & the north node in the 10th.
Mercury rules my 5th and 8th, venus my 4th and 9th & pluto's the lord of my 10th and If singing talent equals croak of a frog or bleat of a sheep, then yes, I'm a singer.
Unread 01-27-2012, 04:44 AM

While I'm not the best singer I have always been told I have a very pleasant speaking voice and I do love music. I have Taurus Rising and Venus in Libra conj Pluto/Mars in Libra. (Merc/Sun in Leo in the 5th)

Last edited by nemesis; 01-27-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:20 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisceanfool View Post
Greetings,

I noticed there are no threads discussing possible links to singing well and or a love of singing. I have read Venus in Taurus can show this which makes perfect sense with Taurus ruling the neck and all but there must be more to it. I know people with this position and they are not necessarily more inclined to or talented in singing. I would think there must be an emotional quality, because singing with no emotion is... well talking basically, just not the same. Would be interesting to see different perspectives on this topic. Any thoughts? Any personal experience?
I have unaspcted venus in virgo. i got almost 4 full octaves range D3 to B6/c7 (with NO training at all, if i get it training i would be probably full 4 + octaves) my voice is not emotional it is nowhere near Lied just extremly loud.

Last edited by tikana; 01-27-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Unread 01-27-2012, 08:56 PM

I used to sing in a choir, then I turned solo. I have Scorpio MC with ruler Pluto in my 9th. Both my Venus in Leo and Mercury in Cancer are aspected to my Scorpio Moon & Pluto, so many people tell me my voice can be very deep and very strong. I had abandoned my singing pastime, but over the last year, after battling depression, I'm finding my mojo again.
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM

I'm new on this site but I'll like someone to read my chart. Can you give my chart a look? So I'll attach an image below of my natal chart (in my albums too) (I blocked out my time of birth and birthplace for privacy reasons, but it shouldn't matter it has the important stuff anyway the drawing)

I LOVE Singing but I've always been afraid to show interest in it so i put in the back of my mind. Now I'm in college, and i can't seem to get it out my head. Since I never "showed" outward interest I never had lessons or joined a group or choir (until I got to college) I feel it's too late but at the same time I can't let it go. Should I let it go or continue?

Thank You

Last edited by Nickidan; 08-29-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:59 AM

http://www.articlesbase.com/astrolog...y-4907694.html
Unread 02-17-2012, 12:49 AM

I have a few questions about quintiles and bi-quintiles. Here are the aspects:
Moon(Leo/6th house) bi-quintile Mercury(pisces/1st house)
Sun (Aries/1st house) bi-quintile Pluto(Scorpio/8th house)
Pluto(Scorpio/8th house) quintile Mars (Capricorn/11th house)
Venus (Taurusus/3rd house) bi-quintile Uranus (Capricorn/10th house)
Neptune(Capricorn/11th house) quintile North Node(Pisces/1st house)

My first question is what do these aspects mean? Also what does the last aspect (Neptune quintile North Node) mean because I can't find it anywhere?
Unread 02-17-2012, 09:54 AM

Aloha. I have a challenge of sorts that I am faced with at this time in my life. Snap shot~ Sang the moment I could mumble a word~trained professionally~ at age 16 offered a recording contract with Columbia~ didnʻt do it~got married instead at 20~2 kids,divorced~ married again~more kids~widowed~empty nest~still alone~I still have the pipes, I feel I still want that dream ~ somewhere deep inside my psyche I am in conflict as to whether to give it a shot again or just let it go. But with all the recent activity in my chart around music and the arts,~creativity in the area of these genres ~ planetary alignments pointing to the very same energy going on at this time~that occurred around the summer when I was 16~ I feel I need more insight and hope some of you are up for the challenge. I think Horary astrology can help me get a good snap shot of this present moment in time and if the info resonates with me I will know what to do next. Itʻs really making me nuts! I do not wish to pursue this dream if it is to be a mediocre one at best. I guess I wonʻt know that until I try, but I am hesitant to put all my energy into this pursuit~@ 64~ until I can get some impartial and insightful feedback. I feel astrology is a tool we should all utilize for our benefit and our growth. Who knows, perhaps I will promote new artists, which is something I love and already do in my community. Soooo..."What do ye say" should I let the past be the past~ let go of my dream or ? I realize the choice is ultimately mine to make, but two heads... or more, are better than one. I appreciate your interest and expertise. My date of birth 7/24/1948~Santa Ana, Ca. @ 6:08 am. Iʻll still sing in the shower and my car.
Unread 02-17-2012, 10:09 AM

I think my chart is interesting related to the singing ability subject.
Because the first look at my chart shows immediatly that I have singing ability.

Venus in Taurus conjunct MC in tenth house, trine Moon Libra in second house (full moon AND singleton) and trine Part of Fortune in capricorn exact at the cusp of the sixht house.
Moon forms T square because of the opposite to Mercury in Aries, with focal point in Neptune/Mars in Capricorn in fifth house, with sagi on cusp.
And I have Libra on the cusp of the third house, with Pluto there giving power to the voice.
AND my ascendant is Leo.

So some people get excited when they remark these aspects.

BUT I am only a kitchen/bathroom - singer

And I never thought about the idea of having a career as singer
BECAUSE I don't think that singing is 'classy' anymore, unfortunately
So I prefer to play the violin, but I'm so new to it, that I don't believe that I'll make it this way (I love to, but I don't want to get disappointed, so I pass).
Being writer is my main purpose at the moment

Last edited by fullmoonlibra; 02-17-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Unread 02-17-2012, 03:06 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickidan View Post
I'm new on this site but I'll like someone to read my chart. Can you give my chart a look? So I'll attach an image below of my natal chart (in my albums too) (I blocked out my time of birth and birthplace for privacy reasons, but it shouldn't matter it has the important stuff anyway the drawing)

I LOVE Singing but I've always been afraid to show interest in it so i put in the back of my mind. Now I'm in college, and i can't seem to get it out my head. Since I never "showed" outward interest I never had lessons or joined a group or choir (until I got to college) I feel it's too late but at the same time I can't let it go. Should I let it go or continue?

Thank You
Hi

Without looking in your chart .. take vocal class in college. it is WORTH it. the teacher right off the bat will check your pitch and test out your vocals and tell you what is your range, what can you sing and etc

T
Unread 02-18-2012, 08:42 PM

I sing though I haven't laid anything down in a while.

You can hear me here: http://soundcloud.com/lila-c/dj-sand...-you-final-mix and http://soundcloud.com/lila-c/lila-if...e-mastered-mp3

I've attached my chart so maybe you might find something helpful for your research.

I have actually improved quite a bit since I recorded these, I've just been flat, busted, broke so haven't been able to afford studio, producer, engineer time.

The first track is electronic dance music, so the intro is long for DJ's so they can mix it. Just skip to about 1:50.

My biggest hang up (that I feel shows up in my singing) is that I have had a hard time letting it flow. I have such a hugely afflicted Mercury (squared by Pluto and Saturn from the first, combust and on a pitted degree) that I think this is the root of my issue. I have a great voice, but spent a lot of time 'trying to find it' and I judged everything that came out of my mouth so harshly in the past. I didn't listen to the posted tracks for a good year because I thought they were terrible. When I did finally listen again, I was blown away by how NOT horrible they were. I continue working on my Mercury affliction and understanding it better and my singing improves right along with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_01_lila_wilson_hw_74487_11949.jpg (79.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Munch; 02-18-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: correcting links
Unread 02-18-2012, 10:29 PM

Aloha Munch. Thanks for your share. i too have always been overly critical of myself in general. In regards to my voice I could hear I had something of quality going on~but I felt a mimic~singing other people stuff and doing covers. Not what I want. I had two amazing writers who created the song that got me in the door at Columbia. But I was too afraid and insecure i was only 16 and my parents basically were leaving it up to me. My dad was an amazing singer and he had the same opportunity. But he met my mom and decided to hang up the singing gigs. He did what he felt best for him~but I was in my prime and honed. Even though the pipes are still in operation, it is now I have issue with my age(64). People tell me I have maturity now in my presence and voice, but I am still feeling lost. Perhaps I will have to let that dream behind... but I am havign a difficult tiem doing that. I am not sure as to where in my chart the info could give me some insight into what is going on now. I am putting it out there that I would like someone ot read my chart, but do it Horary style.I would like some relevant to the NOW INFO. So if anyone on this thread is up to it doing a reading for me I would love it. my info. 7/24/48 santa ana, california 6:08 am Mahalo, P.S. Munch what is your Facebook name, I tried to go in on the link you sent, but no go. Let me know please because I would love to hear your recording. Aloha
Unread 02-18-2012, 10:42 PM

I posted new links. I keep my facebook just for my teeny tiny select group of personal friends. What can I say? I'm a midnight Capricorn. Thank you for your interest.

I'm curious, what kind of performance do you want to get into now? I ask, because you made me think of two amazingly talented lady singers that I've had the pleasure of hearing. Neither is famous, but both perform regularly. One is with a local group troupe called Teatro Zinazanni ( http://dreams.zinzanni.org/ ) in Seattle. They do a whole dinner show that would blow your mind. The other was an elderly lady in her 70's who sang a bar in down town Las Angeles. It was small, kind of hard to find place, BUT it had a great following as well. The lady (whose name sadly escapes me) was a fantasticly good, mind blowing blues singer. If you went to see her, you'd probably also see Bruce Willis because he was a huge fan. Anyway, my thought is maybe start smaller and more intimate and see how that works for you.

Unread 02-19-2012, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisceanfool View Post
Greetings,

I noticed there are no threads discussing possible links to singing well and or a love of singing. I have read Venus in Taurus can show this which makes perfect sense with Taurus ruling the neck and all but there must be more to it. I know people with this position and they are not necessarily more inclined to or talented in singing. I would think there must be an emotional quality, because singing with no emotion is... well talking basically, just not the same. Would be interesting to see different perspectives on this topic. Any thoughts? Any personal experience?
Venus in Taurus is right as it rules the throat area. Also Moon in Taurus may give a love of singing and if you inherit that talent. i.e mother or females in family sing.

Performing talents and interests are often seen the 5th house of creativity and self expression. So Venus there or ruling or in Taurus would be one indication.

. I love to sing and I have a Taurus Moon but am I marvellous? Not really but can carry a tune. In the third house of communicating adds to this.

It would be interesting to look at famous charts and see what happens when they are brilliant singers. The scenarios would all be different. Whitney Houston for instance has a strong Leo influence with Sun and Venus in her area of work. She danced and acted as well. Taurus ruled her 3rd house of perception and senses and everyday kind of communications, with that Venus ruler in Leo.

.. Barbra Streisand for instance is a Taurus.

Last edited by Claire19; 02-20-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Unread 02-19-2012, 07:37 PM

To Blennus:

Even if the music/singing thing doesnt work out I think based on your chart that you could easily act too; would that interest you also? I really think you have the chart/talent to possibly pursue this career choice if that would be your passion.

Break a leg!
Serafin5

Alicia Michelle Serafin ~ Facebook
Unread 02-20-2012, 10:28 PM

Venus in the 12th Libra, Sextile my MC Leo. Ruler of the 10th Leo, found at 3* Scorpio, conjunct. my AC. Mercury in the 1st Conjunct. Ruler of the 1st Mars, in Scorpio.

Basically Venus disposits itself, while my 10th MC Sign is disposited in the 1st Scorpio. Dunno' if Venus in Libra helps, but I think I lack any real singing abilities or talents. I've tried singing, and I did manage to get an offer to choir in high school, but I never pursued it, so I am left in the unknown.

Jupiter is also in the 12th Libra, if that helps somwhat to pleasant the voice? Since he is also benefic in nature.
Unread 02-20-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blennus View Post
The chart on astro doesn't display quintile aspects (as far as I can figure out.)

Dont do quintiles anyway, only minor aspects.
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:21 PM

Hi Munch! I was reading thru the thread and came across your song. Wow! Amazing voice you really are talented. I listened to " Always Next to you," once and decided I had to listen to your song with the volume on high. I like this song it has that just stepped into a techno club after midnight feel. I could definitely see this song being played in a movie one day. Hope this isn't to forward, but is there a way I could add your song on facebook or something?

Last edited by redrobin23; 02-27-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:55 PM

I don't see that as too forward at all. Thank you for the compliment.

I thought the same thing as you when he first played it for me. I immediately started thinking of some dark/comic book/action hero/vampire madness and that's what I wrote around. I think the lyrics make more sense in that light.

By all means, post away. Thanks again. It's a nice boost of confidence for me.

Unread 02-27-2012, 02:34 PM

well my sister is kinda "famous"/"popular" in her surroundings for a 15yr old ,
she seems to have talents relating to speech/singing/etc...

she has 1. scorpio mc
2. venus conj. mc (almost perfect conj.)
3. mars conj. mc
4. venus conj mars
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:07 PM

Thank You I plan on taking lessons in the summer.

Can you check out my natal chart though. I'm really interested if there are any "NATURAL" singing talent indicators in my chart. I REALLY want to know
Unread 03-02-2012, 10:16 PM

Hey, Interesting thread here! I'm a guitarist with a successful career start up and I've recently stepped into a rut when my singer couldn't pull through one day.

Thank you transiting Mars return / retrograde and transiting Neptune conj my N.N... To step out of this rut I decided to take up singing myself. Judging practically on my progress thus far my voice is sounding fairly solid, and has presence and personality... so far, so good. haha

Looking at my own chart and reading this thread there were a couple of things that clicked in my chart;

- Asc in Gemini 8 degrees.

- I have a locomotive chart with Jupiter leading in Cancer 01 degrees in the 2nd house. (Jupiter perfectly opposes my Uranus in Capricorn 01 degrees)

- Venus in Virgo 17 degrees. (critical for mutable I believe, Venus also trines Neptune)

- Moon in Libra in the 5th house 17 degrees. (forms a semi-sextile to my Venus)

- Mercury in Virgo 3 degrees conj. Mars in Virgo 2 degrees in the 3rd house using the whole sign / equal house system (
both planets are conj. my 25 degree Leo south node, and both trine all 3 Saturn, Uranus, Neptune in the 8th house)

- Chiron in Cancer 12 degrees in the 2nd house.

- Sun in Leo 14 degrees in the 3rd house.

- Mars quintile Pluto in Scorpio 12 degrees.

- Other quitiles are... Moon quintile Uranus, Sun quintile Saturn, Sun quintile Neptune.

- North Node in Aquarius in (10th house placidus - 9th house whole sign / equal house)

With eastern placements this changes to;

- Asc in Taurus 14 degrees.

- Locomotive chart with Jupiter in Gemini leading 7 degrees in the 2nd house.

- Venus in 23 degrees Leo

- Moon in Virgo in the 5th house 23 degrees. (forms a semi-sextile to my Venus)

- Mercury in Leo 13 degrees conj. Mars in Leo 12 degrees in the 3rd house using the whole sign / equal house system.

- Chiron in Gemini in the 2nd house. (Forgot the degrees)

- Sun in Cancer 21 degrees in the 3rd house.

- Mars quintile Pluto in Libra 22 degrees.

- Same nodal stuff going on.

Based off some these aspects and placements, does this point towards a solo career in both singing and playing guitar?

Last edited by willfree; 03-02-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Tags
indications, singing, talents or interest