Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 12-11-2013, 10:38 PM

Re: The Scorpio Rising Personality

There are TWO Distinct types: (Here we go the real main part of the Scorpio characters).

Quote:
Those that sting and those that don't. The first one is the lower type, vindictive know-it-alls who will never admit they are wrong. Outwardly they give the impression of a fine character, but they can be sarcastic with a mean disposition. They cannot be trusted because they are only interested in promoting personal gain. Some are frequently over-sexed.

The higher plane is courageous, loyal and dynamic. They have a personality that commands respect and their executive ability is tremendous. While they are not lovers of hard work, they will work hard if necessary to achieve success.

Both types have strong like and dislikes, and may be lacking in tact and fitness. They are strong, forceful, energetic individuals capable of immense feats of endurance and courage.
Features are relevant to the following combination according to this book:

Scorpio rising, Pluto in the first house, without orbs to ascendant, ruler of the first cusp in Scorpio, ruler of the first house cusp conjunct or otherwise in close aspect to Pluto, Sun or Moon in Scorpio or in close aspect to Pluto, Scorpio intercepted in the first house.

Features:

1) Average height and robust constitution
2) Strong physique with an inclination to stoutness
3) Nose it the most prominent feature, sometime being large with a hump, a high hump indicates aggressiveness and a low hump indicates defensiveness
4) Dark, sharp, piercing eyes
5) Broad, square face with strong marked angles
6) Often has heavy eyebrows which meet at the bridge of the nose, and sometimes come to a sharp point on top
7) Dusky complexion, and dark, bushy hair that may have a reddish glint when the sun shines on it
8) Short, thick neck that is similar to Taurus
9) Large teeth, and sometimes there is a space between the upper front teeth
10) Women are usually shapely, active and hip swingers
11) Women often wear their hair low on the forehead and close to the eyes at the side of the temples in a sort of pixy style.

I have feature number 1, 2, 3 (I don't have hump, the nose is not big but straight and higher than average Asian typical nose), 4, 6 (I do pull out and tidy them up!), 9 (a space between upper front teeth during teenage), 10, 11 (most of my teenage years I have this hairstyle as well). Scorpio Sun is in my 3rd house maybe that was the reason. In this book, there are another 12 pages of description of Scorpio rising physical features, body features, health and location of the ruler affects on the general big picture of life direction.

I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery. --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:50 AM

I can say this about rising signs—regardless as to what planets are in the first, your decantes, 12th harmonics and the position of one's lights—the core qualities are effectively evident in one's day-in and day-out encounters. My cousin, who has a loaded first house, has Aquarius ascending, and she always exhibits her Aquarian traits, such as questioning everything and anything that is said to her. Nothing is taken at face value, and although, in some instances, this is an admirable charter trait, with her it is to such a degree of excessiveness that I find it exacerbating.

My brother has Virgo ascending; yet, very little earth and somewhat of an inconsequential Mercury. Despite his atomic Virgoian influence, he is a nitpicker and obsessed with perfection to the point of paralysis. Part of this behavior is inflamed by a difficult Saturnian influence, but the unmistakable Virgoian personality is blatant.

The rising zodiacal sign should be weighted more than it is by some.

In regard to my Scorpionic character, I just have not got the knack for being friendly and sociable. This is palliated to some degree by my Geminian Sun, but making friends has always been a slow process. Small talk kills, and if I do not have something in common that I find genuinely interesting, I will have nothing to do with you.

There was a time when people thought that I was a serial killer (those who did not know me very well, such as pub workers and whatnot) because my eyes are large and intense looking. My pupils dilate easily too, so I have a natural drugged-up look. Black eyes never go over well with people. It looks as if I am possessed, sometimes. I have no idea if that's a Scorpio thing. I believe it is my own personal peculiarity. Luckily, when people get past the facade, I am very well liked, probably because of the Cancer Moon and Gemini Sun. But the truth is that I could care less what people think about me if they have no direct impact on my life.

As for how I look, I don't look very Scorpionic. I posted my photo up here, and no one guessed Scorpio rising. (My photo is on my profile.) The classic Scorpio appearance should be taken lightly. It is subject to quite a range of variation.

Last edited by Cypocryphy; 12-12-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Unread 12-12-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprising View Post
I had to chuckle to myself when I read this, you do have a slightly peed of look in that photo, I thought that your eyebrow shape looked similar to those uranian scientists, like the professor from the film "back to the future". I concluded that your moon/Saturn conjunction was largely responsible for this.
That's a funny comparison.

I have Uranus in Scorpio, in the first house in the sign based division. Maybe that contributes, too.
Unread 12-12-2013, 07:41 AM

Lol cypo using my own Virgo ascendant I looked very Virgo as what my boyfriend says. As you said the facial feature has so much influenced from other factors. My Capricorn moon trine 1st house Mars in Virgo and Venus in Libra gave me very nice cheekbones those people will go under the surgical knife for and in good proportions Over all not to sound arrogant...I do have physical features that people often pay large attention also giving positive comments. Everyday at work seeing patients and workmates they often talk about my figure. I would believe something to do with Virgo, Scorpio and Capricorn aspects all in feminine signs and having Venus in libra trine out of bounds moon. Though being an Asian helped my skin is golden olive colour which people also said many times they will die for that tone. Also myhair as well these are ruled by Capricorn cheekbones, skin and hair, has a lot to do with my Moon even most will quickly thought of detriment moon not good looking which is not true or may be because is Moon ruling all earth signs at night and being out of bounds in the 5th.

Last edited by poyi; 12-12-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:42 AM

Rather these are accurate or not this random link had me laughing a bit lol

http://m.wikihow.com/Guess-Someone's-Astrological-Sign
Unread 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM

Is your sun sign supposed to influence your appearance at all or is it mostly rising? I'm Scorpio Sun Sag rising and I don't think I look like a Scorp. I have large eyes but my features are all very light, blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin. I have an hourglass build, maybe that's Scorpio? I don't know.

http://tinypic.com/r/21a9ns/5

Last edited by Satine; 12-12-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyi View Post
Rather these are accurate or not this random link had me laughing a bit lol

http://m.wikihow.com/Guess-Someone's-Astrological-Sign
I've participated in threads like this and no one has ever guessed my sun or rising. They have guessed my moon sign, but just not in respect to mentioning it was my moon. I have been told I look fiery a lot and I have no person planets in a fire sign.

I'm not sure I look like my Sun (Pisces) but I do have large eyes and have received compliments on them since as long as I can remember. My rising is Capricorn and I generally dress pretty classic (rarely show cleavage. Think it looks tacky) but sometimes dress a little edgy. My moon is Gemini and I'm not sure how that has come across but I am tall and relatively lean. My boyfriend is a Pisces Sun with an Aries rising and he fits the Aries description quite well.

Last edited by anjelik; 12-12-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
I've participated in threads like this and no one has ever guessed my sun or rising. They have guessed my moon sign, but just not in respect to mentioning it was my moon. I have been told I look fiery a lot and I have no person planets in a fire sign.
I still think for a woman's chart, should pay a lot more attention on the Moon and Venus as these will tell a lot of the feminine expressions in body languages as well as physical features.
I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery. --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satine View Post
Is your sun sign supposed to influence your appearance at all or is it mostly rising? I'm Scorpio Sun Sag rising and I don't think I look like a Scorp. I have large eyes but my features are all very light, blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin. I have an hourglass build, maybe that's Scorpio? I don't know.

http://tinypic.com/r/21a9ns/5
I am not so sure if Scorpio Sun does give hourglass figure maybe it does. Water signs are relevant to the Curves.
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I still think for a woman's chart, should pay a lot more attention on the Moon and Venus as these will tell a lot of the feminine expressions in body languages as well as physical features.
I added on to my last post, sorry! I have a Gemini Moon (4th house) and a Venus in Cap (1st house). How should that influence my appearance? Haha outside of looking at my avatar!
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I added on to my last post, sorry! I have a Gemini Moon (4th house) and a Venus in Cap (1st house). How should that influence my appearance? Haha outside of looking at my avatar!
I am only guessing here. Gemini Moon is peregrine but placed in 4th house of the home of Moon. Properly regular or below average breast size but firm

Many may not thought of Capricorn is the triplicity of Venus particularly if that is a Day born chart, you should be a classical beauty to consider having Venus in Capricorn in 1st house as very basic general reading. And again will have something nice about your bone structure, skin, teeth, hair and cheekbones. Both Venus and Moon are light in colors.
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I am only guessing here. Gemini Moon is peregrine but placed in 4th house of the home of Moon. Properly regular or below average breast size but firm

Many may not thought of Capricorn is the triplicity of Venus particularly if that is a Day born chart, you should be a classical beauty to consider having Venus in Capricorn in 1st house as very basic general reading. And again will have something nice about your bone structure, skin, teeth, hair and cheekbones. Both Venus and Moon are light in colors.
Haha my chart is in my profile..my moon trines Venus and my AC. I do have light hair, but I highlight it. As a child I had platinum hair and turquoise eyes. Now they are more green/blue. I've been told I have a nice smile (usually by old men actually lol) and eyes. I don't have small breasts..they are above average but not enormous! My skin is pretty fair in the winter - I can look almost porcelain, but in the summer I can get a nice golden tan (I'm German and Irish descent).
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Haha my chart is in my profile..my moon trines Venus and my AC. I do have light hair, but I highlight it. As a child I had platinum hair and turquoise eyes. Now they are more green/blue. I've been told I have a nice smile (usually by old men actually lol) and eyes. I don't have small breasts..they are above average but not enormous! My skin is pretty fair in the winter - I can look almost porcelain, but in the summer I can get a nice golden tan (I'm German and Irish descent).
So in that Case the angularity of the Moon and being in her own home are in more importance than the sign itself.
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:05 PM

You have an early degree Moon in Gemini, could easily be in Taurus and often birth time is actually slightly earlier. In Taurus your Moon would be in it exaltation. Venus and Saturn are in mutual reception by sign, but in Square and Saturn retrograde in his exaltation is something I don't know how to interpret actually which is in your 8th house also tight conjunction with Mars in his detriment also in Retrograde. Perhaps that influences your Venus in Capricorn at ascendant a bit different to the normal Venus in Capricorn.

The skin color would be better represented as without summer light influence for your ethic group which you said Porcelain is very accurate. Also in your night chart Moon is more prominent and rules all earth signs including Venus and your ascendant in Capricorn.

I often found western people have changing eye and hair colors really strange as being an Asian that never occur in our genetic make up. Myself with 5th Moon in Capricorn trine 1st Venus in Libra, Moon rules 11th, I have a lot of friends that are much older than me, parents to grandparents ages than any other age group.
The Following User Says Thank You to poyi For This Useful Post:
anjelik (12-13-2013)
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:13 PM

It is very off topic here. Hopefully Cypo won't mind about it.

I would like to investigate and if anyone knows anything about the Cycle of Super Moon, which is every 14 Full Moons there will be one Super Moon and I wonder if the native was born under that Super Moon cycle to have any interesting manifestations regarding to their moon in life. Would be a good thread if people have ideas to share. I have bad luck on starting thread, I wonder maybe the topic I started thread for is maybe way too specific and lack of information from current research and knowledge.
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
You have an early degree Moon in Gemini, could easily be in Taurus and often birth time is actually slightly earlier. In Taurus your Moon would be in it exaltation. Venus and Saturn are in mutual reception by sign, but in Square and Saturn retrograde in his exaltation is something I don't know how to interpret actually which is in your 8th house also tight conjunction with Mars in his detriment also in Retrograde. Perhaps that influences your Venus in Capricorn at ascendant a bit different to the normal Venus in Capricorn.

The skin color would be better represented as without summer light influence for your ethic group which you said Porcelain is very accurate. Also in your night chart Moon is more prominent and rules all earth signs including Venus and your ascendant in Capricorn.

I often found western people have changing eye and hair colors really strange as being an Asian that never occur in our genetic make up. Myself with 5th Moon in Capricorn trine 1st Venus in Libra, Moon rules 11th, I have a lot of friends that are much older than me, parents to grandparents ages than any other age group.
I'm pretty sure my birth time is accurate. At the time of my birth my mother and aunt were very intro astrology so if it's off it may only be by a few minutes and I don't think that would be enough to change the moon to Taurus moon. Additionally, I have a very high strung, nervous energy about myself and have a very difficult time understanding people with a Taurus moon. Their moods perplex me at times. I do think the Gemini moon sign is accurate but perhaps other things are influencing my chatty / over stimulated nature!
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure my birth time is accurate. At the time of my birth my mother and aunt were very intro astrology so if it's off it may only be by a few minutes and I don't think that would be enough to change the moon to Taurus moon. Additionally, I have a very high strung, nervous energy about myself and have a very difficult time understanding people with a Taurus moon. Their moods perplex me at times. I do think the Gemini moon sign is accurate but perhaps other things are influencing my chatty / over stimulated nature!
That shouldn't be too inaccurate. However, to prove a birth time is accurately accurate, you will have to use it on doing extreme prediction. For those whom are into prediction such as gaming on Sports, they will need a birth chart accuracy by second to win as an example which will require many years of rectification work. For general public, including myself is still only in 80% sure only. Cause I have not done enough trials/experiments on proving the accuracy of my birth time.
Unread 12-12-2013, 07:42 PM

I think the condition of mars (ascendant ruler) in the chart might be a quick way to determine the flavor of scorpio characteristics. Not too surprisingly, the ones with an afflicted mars in a fire sign seem to be the most abrasive. If mars is suppressed, then they will probably be the quieter types.
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:59 AM

I have Scorpio rising, with Pluto on my ASC... I have very often been accused of being shy, standoffish, reserved, mysterious, "holding back" QUIET etc, etc. I hate when people say, "You're so quiet!" Duh, captain obvious. I'm like, if I wanted to talk to you I would. I will talk your ear off if I feel like it. I am not actually shy, like I don't have a problem going right up to someone if I'm interested in them, or want to know about something, or speaking my mind, whatever. Just often I don't want to, and I do like my privacy, I absolutely hate being invaded, and I don't like being asked a lot of questions... So I think for me being Scorpio rising is being frequently misunderstood, and people are always trying to figure you out and psychoanalyze you, because you don't give them much to go on, and then they end up being wrong and it pisses you off because you expected them to read your mind first and be as careful as you would be if you were going to make a statement about the person. I feel like my major flaw as a Scorpio rising person is that I'm generally suspicious of people, and I totally will get way into people's heads when I'm talking to them sometimes, and it throws me off because I'll start reading their minds...which isn't exactly a way to get to know someone. But if I click with someone right off then I am comfortable with their thoughts, and I'll stop scanning them..sort of.
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveastrology View Post
I have Scorpio rising, with Pluto on my ASC... I have very often been accused of being shy, standoffish, reserved, mysterious, "holding back" QUIET etc, etc. I hate when people say, "You're so quiet!" Duh, captain obvious. I'm like, if I wanted to talk to you I would. I will talk your ear off if I feel like it. I am not actually shy, like I don't have a problem going right up to someone if I'm interested in them, or want to know about something, or speaking my mind, whatever. Just often I don't want to, and I do like my privacy, I absolutely hate being invaded, and I don't like being asked a lot of questions... So I think for me being Scorpio rising is being frequently misunderstood, and people are always trying to figure you out and psychoanalyze you, because you don't give them much to go on, and then they end up being wrong and it pisses you off because you expected them to read your mind first and be as careful as you would be if you were going to make a statement about the person. I feel like my major flaw as a Scorpio rising person is that I'm generally suspicious of people, and I totally will get way into people's heads when I'm talking to them sometimes, and it throws me off because I'll start reading their minds...which isn't exactly a way to get to know someone. But if I click with someone right off then I am comfortable with their thoughts, and I'll stop scanning them..sort of.
I think Scorpio energy can be very off-putting and intimidating to a lot of people. I have noticed that with all of my Scorpio rising friends people either like them or don't. There doesn't seem to be an in between. There are two kinds of Scorpio risings - the ones that exude intensity and come off as controlling / dominant and the quiet ones who are sitting back and calculating when they want to make move. Either way it's a pretty powerful sign in my opinion and I wouldn't mind if it was my rising.

Tags
personality, rising, scorpio