Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Medical Astrology

Medical Astrology Astrological diagnoses and other health issues are discussed here. Given that there are so many outer and inner influences on one's health (alimentation, sports, medication, past medical antecedents, state of mind, etc.), an astrological diagnosis is only one of many things to consider when determining your healthiness.

Unread 01-28-2010, 05:47 PM

Re: Autism & Asperger's in natal chart

This is my partners natal chart as well.

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-b...States&lang=en

should have posted this with mine, but eh..

amanda

Unread 01-28-2010, 09:50 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nexus7

More problems in communicating as you get older, did you say?

How about the last 2-3 years?

Pluto has been transitting by square your natal Mercury, which is already square Neptune, as well as opposite your Ascendant. This is bound to have been making you more aware of any fears related to comunicating in general,and in confronting you with where you are maybe evasive in what you communicate with others.

Normally, it is possible that Mercury in Libra square Neptune may find it difficult to make decisions and be a little forgetful - what insights into any areas of muddled thinking and evasiveness have the recent Pluto transits brought you?

It may not always be pleasant, but thisa kind of probing may ultimately be good for your being able to develop more confidence in your own perceptions.

Otherwise, what I see in your chart is your chart ruler, the Moon, in Aquarius, apparently unaspected.

This could mean that it is difficult for you to get a real handle on how you react and feel - or in some cases, maybe not feel - in some situations, resulting in some sense of alienation. This could create some sense of being misunderstood by others, for being a bit weird, a bit detached, for example. That does not mean that you are necessarily asperger's at all though, and I wonder what Laing would have made of all the recent literature on the subject now. Camus, Sartre, Laing, Lennon, for example, all share your moon position too and they may have been perceived as manythings, but not necessarily asperger's types either.

Perhaps, with a Cancer ascendant, more intimacy might matter to you, but it may be difficult for you to know how to ask for this, and from whom. A Virgo Sunmay 'want' things to be clear and black andwhite, but a Mercury square Neptune may always muddy the waters a little bit there.
Unread 01-29-2010, 05:12 PM

[TO" silenceofconfusion86]

Hi Amanda: I've been studying charts on the spectrum that includes Asperger's and autism, and here are a couple of observations. Using 4 charts -- yours, your partner's, Gary Numan's (Brit singer), and KazzaFrog's (from this thread) -- I notice identical patterns. The patterns has two parts. One is an afflicted Mercury, more often combust the Sun, (that's within 8 degrees of Sun). The second part is a YOD or Finger of God formation in the chart.

Your YOD includes Moon, Sun, NNode and Part of Fortune. Your partner's is Pluto, Chiron/Partoffortune, Neptune. Gary Numan's is Mars, MC, Sun/Mercury/Partoffortune. KazzaFrog's planet combust the Sun is Venus, but Mercury is nearby and opposed by Pluto; the YOD is made up of Pluto, MC, Netune/Saturn. That's hard to visualize unless you consult the charts (which you can generate at www.astro.com)

You might learn a lot by researching the YOD, paying attention to the nature of the planets involved, their keywords and signs. My guess is that the afflicted Mercury sort of "sets the stage" for a neurological glitch and the YOD makes it more specific.

The age when one was diagnosed, or felt things were critical, could be indicated by progressed or transiting planets triggering the YOD . In your case, at age 7, Progressed Sun was over your Mercury and transiting Saturn was just past your Moon.

Hope this helps.

LOU
Unread 02-12-2010, 07:03 AM

Thank you both for looking into this! I have been exploring the Chiron aspects in my partners chart, as well as mine. Our Chiron is in Gemini, and He has a Gemini moon, which is also square mercury, the ruler of Gemini. My Chiron is in Gemini, in my Lilith. A lot of the information I read about gemini in lilith is confusing, and intensive. I will look into the YOD and try to understand more of this, bit by bit. sometimes it feels like all the information is swimming around in front of me, but I cant integrate it into my being. I get an opposite feeling when I try to express information to other people, where no matter how hard I try I just cant be understood. Hope that gives you some insight on my mercurial confusion.

Amanda.
Unread 02-27-2010, 06:54 PM

I did a research on autism, I would like to hear from you all about my view.
I feel autistic persons have a extended psychosexual development (Sigmund Freud).
Based on my research, psychosexual development theory would be statistically significant for 82% of people.82% of people are the one who decide 18 as the age as matured adult.
Let me explain the calculation for the numbers. Based on natal moon chart, before 18, (119/144) of people would have got saturn on their 8th position or 1st position from lagna.Which would have corrected psychosexual abnormalities.
I assume that Kanni raasi has association with autism.So out of remaining 18% people 1.5% people would from kanni raasi (18/12). Which is close to the statistics of autism which says 10 out of 1000 children are autistic.
Unread 02-28-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summery Joy View Post
I had to look up autism and Asperger's syndrome first then I googled up both terms along with the words medical astrology. I found nothing. Sorry.

But from the general info I got about these conditions, I seriously doubt that Pluto has anything to do with them. Aquarius and Uranus or Gemini and Mercury are more possbile rulers.

Of course I'm just guessing here. If you know exactly what systems of the body are inlvoved in autism and Asperger's syndrome, go to this thread:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...opic.php?t=604

Hope I've been helpful.
I agree that Pluto is not involved I would say. The mind and the nerves are involved with Aquarius/Uranus Mercury/Gemini. The Moon for emotional problems and Neptune for lack of rapport or connection.
Unread 02-28-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceofconfusion86 View Post
Thank you both for looking into this! I have been exploring the Chiron aspects in my partners chart, as well as mine. Our Chiron is in Gemini, and He has a Gemini moon, which is also square mercury, the ruler of Gemini. My Chiron is in Gemini, in my Lilith. A lot of the information I read about gemini in lilith is confusing, and intensive. I will look into the YOD and try to understand more of this, bit by bit. sometimes it feels like all the information is swimming around in front of me, but I cant integrate it into my being. I get an opposite feeling when I try to express information to other people, where no matter how hard I try I just cant be understood. Hope that gives you some insight on my mercurial confusion.

Amanda.
My advice is to stick to the planetary aspects and only major ones at that. I dont use Lilith and dont feel it is valid really. It may act as a back up but I am skeptical.

As always we need charts.
Unread 03-08-2010, 05:10 AM

I am reading Liz Greene's book, The Astrology of Fate. In one chapter, she discusses autism and the subject of fate in a family. I recommend the book as far as autism and it's meaning or ramifications in the birth chart of the "identified patient" as well as close family.
Unread 03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Modcleopatra

Hi Adeli,

So said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeli1 View Post
I am reading Liz Greene's book, The Astrology of Fate. In one chapter, she discusses autism and the subject of fate in a family. I recommend the book as far as autism and it's meaning or ramifications in the birth chart of the "identified patient" as well as close family.
In my own opinion, I stay FAR away from Liz Greene. Issues of fate as they relate to illness, specifically illness that could be caused by many outside factors, is coming close to being dogmatic. Liz Greene is very dogmatic. She comes across as very rigid, traditional, fear-based. Move into the light, I say, there are more possibilities there.

As for ramifications, often times issues of difference have to do with society and not the person. Ramifications make it sound like "fault" or "punishment." Autism as far as we know could be evolution. Astrology does not do well to ignore the other possibilities in order to preserve tradition.

Anyway, I see that you were just trying help! Only throwing in my two cents and making a wish: that we all rely a little less on Ms. Greene.

mod.

Last edited by Modcleopatra; 03-08-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Unread 03-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Banned

Hi Ilamaran,

You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilamaran View Post
I did a research on autism, I would like to hear from you all about my view.
I feel autistic persons have a extended psychosexual development (Sigmund Freud).
Based on my research, psychosexual development theory would be statistically significant for 82% of people.82% of people are the one who decide 18 as the age as matured adult.
Let me explain the calculation for the numbers. Based on natal moon chart, before 18, (119/144) of people would have got saturn on their 8th position or 1st position from lagna.Which would have corrected psychosexual abnormalities.
I assume that Kanni raasi has association with autism.So out of remaining 18% people 1.5% people would from kanni raasi (18/12). Which is close to the statistics of autism which says 10 out of 1000 children are autistic.

I'm curious how you are connecting Autism to psychosexual development? I have also studied Freud extensively, but I know he is not the only one to use when investigating psychosexual development. There is: Klein, Horney, Cixious, Lacan, Jung, Adler, Irigary, Foucault, Deleuze, Neitzsche, to name but a few.

thanks,

mod.

Last edited by Modcleopatra; 03-08-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
In my own opinion, I stay FAR away from Liz Greene. Issues of fate as they relate to illness, specifically illness that could be caused by many outside factors, is coming close to being dogmatic. Liz Greene is very dogmatic. S
This topic has come up before, but I could not agree more on this one. She uses Bettelheim as an authority, whose theories on autism and 'refrigerator mothers' have been throroughly disproved now - and that is what she does here - blames the mother. I do wonder how that family must have felt, as Liz Greene 'asks to be excused' for putting forward a scenario here. Apart from anything else, she attributes a Mercury/Saturn link in the autism chart where none existed, though I did see what looked to be some interesting midpoints in the chart.

But yes - why look for gurus in our astrologers? Dangerous habit, I always think.

Erin Sullivan also looks at a family with a member with autism, and whilst there is a little bit of a tendency to look for 'identified victims,' at least she manages to do so without invoking Bettelheim and his ilk.

What both astrologers did do, perhaps, though with other agendas in mind, was to draw attention to the fact that both mothers seemed to have health problems of their own, hinting at compromised immune systems and ususual sensitivities elsewhere. Ad one thing Liz Greene did speculate was whether or not autism might not be about an intense vulnerability in 'being in the world.'

And why not listen to the evidence of people with autism themselves - I believe the chart for TempleGrandin isavailable, for example. I once, also read a fascinating autobiography of a woman with autism, who did have the mother from hell, who did have a very challenged natal Moon (I had the opportunity to see her chart once, and already suspected this was in large part about afflictions involving her Moon), who did have a very skewed sense of self (child psychosis, child psychosis), but who, interestingly, did not blame her mother in the least for her difficulties, but rather, in the first instance, on multiple food allergies and a faulty digestive system! In fact, she stated that her mother from hell, by not being too emotionally invested in her,actually did her a huge favour as she grew up!

But what was interesting is that many of the way she described her early predicament in life, could have come straight out of the pages of R D Laing. The intense vulnerability of 'being in the world' that Greene divined, is very much alive here, as she talks of a fear of revealing the 'self' and being 'imprisoned by crippled emotional respnses.'

But the thing is, nobody actually, still knows what autism actually 'is.' And it could be, that there is actually more than one cause. Perhaps, the cause has not been found, because it is holistic.

The Chinese, for example, see all disorders in terms of element imbalances and I can think of one that combines sensitivities to food, obsessive thinking and unresolved grief. So maybe in ancient China, there was no autism, no refrigerator mothers, just metal imbalances, that may or may not be passed within family.

It can be easy to find autism in the strangest of places. I have often felt that the Dracula of the original Bram Stoker was actually autistic, for example.
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Banned

Nexus,

So many excellent points; I don't know where to begin! It was you I believe who inspired me to finally pull away from Ms. Greene when I joined the forum two years ago.

Temple Grandin is an EXCELLENT example. Here is her chart http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Grandin%2C_Temple

As you can see according to this chart, emotionally speaking, she has significant rapport (Moon trine Neptune), but perhaps neither the will (be it primal or mental) to exert this in how she relates to people. (Mars in Cancer as detriment, in 7th house.) Pluto WOULD be involved in this chart, with a conjunction to Saturn, both opposing the Moon.

This woman has made numerous contributions to our global understanding of things, especially animals. She used her own sensitivity to stimuli as a way to understand animals' sensitivity to stimuli, and eventually impacted farming practices across the world. She drew numerous connections between Autism and the Animal mentality.

She crosses apparent realities into places unseen, just as we are on the quest to find out the root of Autism.

I work daily with a young boy with autism. Autism looks very different on each child, since, as many of us know, it is a spectrum. It might be hard to find one reason, or one aspect, that speaks to it all.

As for Dracula, Nexus I did not know that! How fascinating. I now have to go re-read that book...

mod.

Last edited by Modcleopatra; 03-08-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Unread 03-08-2010, 07:08 PM

I have a son with autism and I have posted his chart, but taken it down as I'm not sure this is the best thing to do. I'm curious what people would find. He has a 12th house sun in libra and mercury rising in scorpio.

Last edited by kbell; 03-08-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Unread 03-08-2010, 07:38 PM

Modcleopatra

Thanks for posting Grandin's chart! Fascinating to see the chart of the 'anthropologist from Mars.'

I can't remember what I said before about Liz Greene - I think she has contributed so much - but even she claims she does not really mean to be a guru!

K Bell, I don't know how old your son is, or whether he is in a positon to assent to having his chart looked at on a forum. There is a good chance that autism may predate the chart. It is possible too that autism may 'use' certain difficult features within the chart, and certain transits may either ease or exacerbate it.

But itis still something of an unknown area.
Unread 03-08-2010, 10:04 PM

Yes I don't want to post his chart up, but I will mention his mercury aspects:

mercury square neptune
mercury sextile mars
mercury bq jupiter
mercury semisquare moon
mercury square mc

Last edited by kbell; 03-09-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Unread 03-09-2010, 05:23 AM

The only chart I've looked at of a person with autism had a stellium in the 5th and the 8th.

I heard a show on NPR a couple of years back that I thought was interesting. They proposed the idea that autism is a form of human evolution. They said that the lifestyles we live today make skills such as eye contact and social interaction less important. We sit behind computer screens, and we've went from dropping by to see someone in person, to talking on the phone to simply sending a text message. We do a lot of work that focuses on details. The show said that people with autism might be better prepared for the world we are creating.

The show really made me think, and it was also very scary and depressing. It made me want to jump out my car and hug the first human I saw to prevent the human race from loosing our ability to connect with each other on a deep level. I know this is a sensitive subject for a lot of people, so I'm trying to balance sharing what I felt and being sensitive to how someone with autism might feel at the same time. In other words, please don't let what I've said offend you because it's not coming from a bad place.
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:15 AM

Lillybelle

you haveto remember that it is only in the West that eye contact is consdered so important. In certain developing countries, however, its considered to be so intrusive as to be a violation of the soul. Sometimes, I suspect that what we now 'autism' are merely magical boundaries that have been with us for much, much further back.
Unread 03-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

Lillybelle,

I understand and appreciate your desire for human beings to be able to maintain a soulful connection with one another.

I second Nexus in the reminder that eye contact is a very Western means of socializing, and just not Western, but really, Western European/Northern American.

I mentioned in a previous post the possibility of Autism as evolution. We might therefore see in the chart of those with Autism specific and highly personal aspects (and perhaps angular connections) to the outer planets, particularly those having to do with change, namely Pluto and Uranus.

My personal experiences with those who are Autistic have not always been followed by feelings of disconnection. Many long for connection, touch, and interaction of all kinds, just in a different form, and for different reasons. Autism may or may not be the demise of culture, if it is to be any form of evolution at all. It may very well be an indicator of environmental problems, but not absolutely. Temple Grandin is a marvelous example to consider.

mod.
Unread 03-10-2010, 12:33 AM

Smile Re: Autism & Asperger's in natal chart

Hi. I only suggested the book for those who are seeking further thought-provoking views. I don't think anything is etched in stone. I don't subscribe to any particular author. I've just researched and studied astrology on my own for 25+ years, and the conclusions I make are based on that.

Having a chronic illness myself, I've thought long and hard about the ramifications (wrong word?) of saying that I, alone, am responsible, etc. I don't think I suggested that. I come from a large family in which one of the children was mentally handicapped. I will say that comparing my sister's chart to some of the ideas expressed by Greene opens a door for agreement.

I personally like Greene's work because of her background in analysis as well as mythology.

I only suggest that if someone is interested, pick up a book and read through it first to see if it is for you. If not, then put it back.

No one needs to remind me of that Venus-Saturn aspect today. I've been facing it all day. Blessings to all.
Unread 03-10-2010, 03:33 AM

I've lived in a lot of different countries and spent a lot of time traveling, so yes, I know eye contact patterns vary from place to place. I would also include middle easteners on the list of people that enjoy eye contact.

The lack of eye contact I experienced with my exboyfriend's son, who had autism, was not the same type that I experienced in Japan or in some large cities in western countries. I'm not making a judgment call on how people use their eyes, but I did find the radio show that I listened to, and the larger topic at hand, to be intresting enough that I wanted to share the ideas presented on the show.
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:50 AM

The issue here (the subject of this thread) is huge and complex. I have had direct experience in the homeopathic therapeutics of several autism cases (I shall not go into that on this site) I am personally convinced that the insightful study of the nativity and decumbiture (the latter set for the time and place when the parent first "saw" something "not right" in their child) will lead to more productive therapeutic results than anything else. May I offer a hint in this regard? Pay particular attention to the placement of (and significator planet of) the Lot of Injury (Mercury + Mars-Saturn.day or night; described by Paul of Alexandria, 378 AD) and also check its antiscion placement; also pay particular attention to everything about Mercury in the chart (go all the way to its duodenary placement), check where its "headed" (by the technique of Pauline dodekatemorion), and what's "underneath" it (ie, its antiscion situation)

Last edited by dr. farr; 04-08-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:10 PM

Autism and Uranus.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/astrologic...al-connec.html

" I think of it now in later life (sixties) as a problem caused by
my astrology at birth, when Saturn was opposite Mercury. "

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9054327AABrIye

Last edited by Tham; 04-08-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Unread 09-27-2010, 08:51 AM

Can I ask which company has admitted its vaccines helped cause autism? Any articles on the Net that discuss this?

Last edited by Nexus7; 09-27-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:38 AM

A while ago I read something about a link between certain vaccines which contained Mercury and autism.

Here's a link, however, I am not an authority on this issue, or familiar with this organisation.
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post
Can I ask which company has admitted its vaccines helped cause autis,? Any articles on the Net that discuss this?
It has long been a major campaign of conventional medicine worldwide, to deny and "disprove" any "causal connection" between vaccines and any chronic disease conditions-no pharmaceutical company has admitted any such connection.
Needless to say, we in alternative medicine dispute this-homeopaths have claimed to demonstrate connections between vaccination and various chronic disease susceptibilites, since Burnett's book, "Vaccinosis and its cure by Thuja", first published in Britain in the 1880's...

Tags
asperger, autism, chart, natal