Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Medical Astrology

Medical Astrology Astrological diagnoses and other health issues are discussed here. Given that there are so many outer and inner influences on one's health (alimentation, sports, medication, past medical antecedents, state of mind, etc.), an astrological diagnosis is only one of many things to consider when determining your healthiness.

Unread 07-25-2008, 08:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to cjc
Re: Autism & Asperger's in natal chart

I don't have much to add to this except I know a severely autistic teen and was able to get his birthday, so I drew up a noon chart. I've posted it below.

I promised anonymity, but circumstances I could tell you would rock you. I think the mother would be of major significance here... both pre- and post-natal

Anything striking for autism?

c
Attached Files
File Type: doc Aut.doc (35.5 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by cjc; 07-25-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Unread 08-08-2008, 03:25 AM

At first, excuse me, because englis isn't my language. I'm autistic, my brother too. I'm not an proffessional astrologer, but I'm studyng about. my date is 17-02-1956, 5:45 p.m. Bogotá Colombia, my brother's 08-07- 1964 11:30 p.m. Bogotá. I thing square & saturn are prominets in owr charts. We are scientistic illustrator & work with museums. My brother is now like passant at Smithsonian I. I'm kriya yoga practicioner & the asperger's condition is a dessirable basis for yoga, I thing so.
One of my Sisters is Asperger too: 03-22-1969, 10:30 p.m. Bogotá too. She is Physics Phd.

Last edited by Varsana; 08-08-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Unread 08-08-2008, 04:00 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nexus7

I thing cuadratures & saturn are prominets in owr charts.

Hi Varsana

Do you mean by 'cuadratures' square aspects - aspects within a 90 degree orb? Do these sqaures involve Saturn to personal planets?

It should be very interesting to compare your chart with those of your siblings, to look for configurationsa that you may have in common.
Unread 03-24-2009, 08:06 PM

Would anyone like to look at a chart of an autistic. It is myself. Wednesday, September 29,1976 at 9:24 am in Groton, CT, USA. I am just trying to learn to spot the signs in my chart...Could you please help.
Unread 03-24-2009, 09:19 PM

I am sure there are people here who could help, The Rebbe....but a lot of people here tend to be somewhat visual. Could you put up a chart for us to see?
Unread 03-24-2009, 11:45 PM

I hope you don't mind, but I've simply copied the code of the natal chart you posted in the other thread here, so other members can see it. I know you can do it; you've demonstrated this on another thread. If I've offended you, I'll apologize and let you post the chart yourself, but I thought this would save time.

I took a "short-cut," copying and pasting the URL address into the Image code instead of using Photo Bucket, so I don't know if the chart will expire.

Arian Maverick

Last edited by Arian Maverick; 03-24-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Unread 03-25-2009, 06:12 AM

I know hard aspects between mercury and uranus can cause a brilliant mind that can work in overdrive. I have that aspect-but the only "abnormality" I have is a slight stammer when I'm excited, and the tendency to get mental burnout once in a while from too much brainwork.

I wonder if autistics or savants have merc/uranus angles?
Unread 03-25-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I wonder if autistics or savants have merc/uranus angles?
My autistic brother has Uranus tightly conjunct his Midheaven, and I have this aspect, as well, but with a looser orb of about four or five degrees. I'm not autistic, although I do have my idiosyncrasies.

Arian Maverick
Unread 03-29-2009, 05:48 AM

Please.examine.my.chart...There.are.two.areas.of.i nterest...
First.what signs.make.me.autistic...
Second.having.troubles.now.with.autism.as.my.sympt oms.got.worse.on.
Wednesday.24.of.March.at.9.pm.
My.birthdate.is.Wednesday.Spetember.29.1976.at.9.2 4.am.

Please.help...Need.to.find.this.information.for.se lf.purposes.and.
also.to.understand.self...any.questions.please.sen d.to.rebbeasher@yahoo.com.
Please.send.all.answers.posted.here.to.my.email... Thank.you...
Unread 03-29-2009, 07:30 AM

This is a very interesting and timely subject. One person that I would like to recommend for information is Raye Robertson astrologer/educator who has written several articles in the Mountain Astrologer. Her expertise in the area of children with learning disabilities is established. When I last heard from her she was writing a book focusing on astrological correlations with autism in children. That was a couple of years ago. I checked her previous website: by jove publications and the link appears broken. My google yielded no concrete results. If you are able to reach her or information of her, the research she has done may be of value. She seems to have gone off the radar screen. Hope everything is OK with her.
Unread 03-29-2009, 10:12 AM

The Raye Robertson article sounds really interesting. Did she follow any particular astrological philosophy or way of thought, or was she more scientific in her approach?

The_Rebbe

There were some earlier threads on this topic here, maybe someone should try and bump one or two of them. It was suggested that aspects between Uranus, Mercury and Saturn should looked at in charts of individuals wih autism - I also think some attention should be paid to the Moon. That is because of the often-repeated sensory disturbances and innate difficulties in processing emotions.

Having said that, nobody is really sure still about what 'causes' autism and I have heard some writers suggest that whatever causes it can take place well before the child is born. That could mean that autism will not show up in the chart, though it may manifest and 'use' certain positions in the chart.

Whatever the case, you do have two imprtant planets very sentsitively placed in your chart and involving yet another important possible in the difficulties you mention.

On your Ascendant, or rising sign, you have Uranus rising. You are in good company here incidentally, as Uranus is called the planet of astrology by some. It is also 'said' to be the planet of 'genius.' Uranus can bestow great gifts (Beethoven, for instance, had this planet rising, so, I believe, did Marie Curie) - it can indicate a sensitivity to the underlying codes and algebra of life: however, its effect can also create a great sense of separateness and alienation. It can also be hard on the nervous system - Uranians can be very jumpy and easily jarred, though I cannot as yet see if this makes any midpoints to, say Mercury and Moon.

I should say that not every Uranian may have any sensory issues at all - either way, it suggests that you will always need to do things 'your way' whenever possible and maintian a strong sense of independence and autonomy.

Your Uranus, however, is square Saturn in your chart, which is also on your Midheaven.

Whereas Uransus seeks freedom and autonomy, Saturn restricts and crystallises, whereas Uranus rebels, Saturn demands comforming, whereas Uranus rejects 'rules,' Saturn demands these.

Saturn can also indicate a great deal of inhibition and shyness, with or without, again, any sensory issues. It indicates a great deal of sensitivity too, to being accepted, not being accepted, and there may well be a lot of issues around being accepted by the group - ordinarily, Saturn in Aquarius at the top of your chart, with or without autisn or Aspergers, could indicate a 'lone wolf' where there is both the desire to make a contribution to society whilst not also being 'one of the crowd.'

This square also involves your Venus, which is the planet linked, next to the Moon, most with capacity for relating - here again, it could indicate a desire for intensity in your relaionships, but also the fear of losing indenependence.

Ultimately, it is hard to see the issues in your chart as exclusively about 'autism,' but about being faced with a chart showing up the life-long issues you will always have to work with: Saturn and Uranus. Tough and sometimes painful, yes, for anybody with configurations such as these; however, it is said that each chart is its own biggest problem to its owner - but also its own greatest solution. Somehow, you do need to find ways to relate to others within your particular levels of tolerance.

It is likely that you will always, genuinely be able to think 'outside the box' and you may excel in a scienific discipline especially.

Other things I notice is a strong Plutonic theme in your chart, with Sun conjunct Pluto and a Scorpio rising - this indicates a real capacity for detective work and a desire to really get to the bottom of things - your observations and understanding of other people may be more than what many other people may feel comfortable with - again, you may be in good company on an astrology forum. Uranus is said to be the planet of astrology these days, becuae of it connection with an understanding of Universla Laws - but just as many, it seems to me, often tend to have very Plutonic themes in their charts. There seems to be lazer-beam intensity to you, though it could be that his inensity may be so overwhelming that you may completely shut off - either sensorally, or from others. Here, it might be worth looking at what Pluto symbolises, as well as Uranus and Saturn - its affect can feel annihihilating in some cases, but it is a part of what this astro-geographical system of which we are a part, is about.

Finally, I see there is a close Moon/Mercury square in your chart. This may well indicae instatiable curiosity withinformation, but again, with or without auism, some difficulty in processing information. A bit like trying to ride a bicylce or walking downstairs whilst thinking about it - logic may interfere with insinctive programming.

The thing there, is that there are some heavy transits coming to your Moon-Mercury square - Unanus is coming to make a stansit square to it, whilst Saturn is also opposing it.

This is bound to lead to an increase in anxiety, so exacerbating any autism issues.

It is part ofthe times too - this disruptive insecurity, making itself felt within the ecomony, is affecting everyone. The Moon is ofen where you may fell most vulnerable too and even for people without autism, most people do not like oo much cahnge and trauma where it comes to things the Moon represents in temrs of home and 'feeling safe' - someohow, it will be important to get as much rest as you can and maybe not try to deal with a new and therefore sressful environment just yet. If there are some big changes that may affect your sense of security, then it may be a good idea to ask for more support, though this may depend on what support there is around already.

Jupiter is also transitting your Midheaven and Saturn - Jupiter may sometimes exaggerate what is already there and in this case, there may be questions around about your future: work, or about what kind of work you may be suited to. That is also, bound to be perceived as stressful, if there are questions about how you will survive and how to maintain your dignity in the professional world.

There are just some thoughts and ideas, anyway, which you are welcome to take on board or not, as you will.
Unread 03-29-2009, 06:25 PM

Hello All

I posted in the other Autism Thread and do not know how to move the post.Wanted to keep up to date on any new posts on the subject.I also offered some of ,my Asbergers Son's info.Up for conversation..............meme16
Unread 03-30-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus7
The Raye Robertson article sounds really interesting. Did she follow any particular astrological philosophy or way of thought, or was she more scientific in her approach?

The_Rebbe

There were some earlier threads on this topic here, maybe someone should try and bump one or two of them. It was suggested that aspects between Uranus, Mercury and Saturn should looked at in charts of individuals wih autism - I also think some attention should be paid to the Moon. That is because of the often-repeated sensory disturbances and innate difficulties in processing emotions.

Having said that, nobody is really sure still about what 'causes' autism and I have heard some writers suggest that whatever causes it can take place well before the child is born. That could mean that autism will not show up in the chart, though it may manifest and 'use' certain positions in the chart.

Whatever the case, you do have two imprtant planets very sentsitively placed in your chart and involving yet another important possible in the difficulties you mention.

On your Ascendant, or rising sign, you have Uranus rising. You are in good company here incidentally, as Uranus is called the planet of astrology by some. It is also 'said' to be the planet of 'genius.' Uranus can bestow great gifts (Beethoven, for instance, had this planet rising, so, I believe, did Marie Curie) - it can indicate a sensitivity to the underlying codes and algebra of life: however, its effect can also create a great sense of separateness and alienation. It can also be hard on the nervous system - Uranians can be very jumpy and easily jarred, though I cannot as yet see if this makes any midpoints to, say Mercury and Moon.

I should say that not every Uranian may have any sensory issues at all - either way, it suggests that you will always need to do things 'your way' whenever possible and maintian a strong sense of independence and autonomy.

Your Uranus, however, is square Saturn in your chart, which is also on your Midheaven.

Whereas Uransus seeks freedom and autonomy, Saturn restricts and crystallises, whereas Uranus rebels, Saturn demands comforming, whereas Uranus rejects 'rules,' Saturn demands these.

Saturn can also indicate a great deal of inhibition and shyness, with or without, again, any sensory issues. It indicates a great deal of sensitivity too, to being accepted, not being accepted, and there may well be a lot of issues around being accepted by the group - ordinarily, Saturn in Aquarius at the top of your chart, with or without autisn or Aspergers, could indicate a 'lone wolf' where there is both the desire to make a contribution to society whilst not also being 'one of the crowd.'

This square also involves your Venus, which is the planet linked, next to the Moon, most with capacity for relating - here again, it could indicate a desire for intensity in your relaionships, but also the fear of losing indenependence.

Ultimately, it is hard to see the issues in your chart as exclusively about 'autism,' but about being faced with a chart showing up the life-long issues you will always have to work with: Saturn and Uranus. Tough and sometimes painful, yes, for anybody with configurations such as these; however, it is said that each chart is its own biggest problem to its owner - but also its own greatest solution. Somehow, you do need to find ways to relate to others within your particular levels of tolerance.

It is likely that you will always, genuinely be able to think 'outside the box' and you may excel in a scienific discipline especially.

Other things I notice is a strong Plutonic theme in your chart, with Sun conjunct Pluto and a Scorpio rising - this indicates a real capacity for detective work and a desire to really get to the bottom of things - your observations and understanding of other people may be more than what many other people may feel comfortable with - again, you may be in good company on an astrology forum. Uranus is said to be the planet of astrology these days, becuae of it connection with an understanding of Universla Laws - but just as many, it seems to me, often tend to have very Plutonic themes in their charts. There seems to be lazer-beam intensity to you, though it could be that his inensity may be so overwhelming that you may completely shut off - either sensorally, or from others. Here, it might be worth looking at what Pluto symbolises, as well as Uranus and Saturn - its affect can feel annihihilating in some cases, but it is a part of what this astro-geographical system of which we are a part, is about.

Finally, I see there is a close Moon/Mercury square in your chart. This may well indicae instatiable curiosity withinformation, but again, with or without auism, some difficulty in processing information. A bit like trying to ride a bicylce or walking downstairs whilst thinking about it - logic may interfere with insinctive programming.

The thing there, is that there are some heavy transits coming to your Moon-Mercury square - Unanus is coming to make a stansit square to it, whilst Saturn is also opposing it.

This is bound to lead to an increase in anxiety, so exacerbating any autism issues.

It is part ofthe times too - this disruptive insecurity, making itself felt within the ecomony, is affecting everyone. The Moon is ofen where you may fell most vulnerable too and even for people without autism, most people do not like oo much cahnge and trauma where it comes to things the Moon represents in temrs of home and 'feeling safe' - someohow, it will be important to get as much rest as you can and maybe not try to deal with a new and therefore sressful environment just yet. If there are some big changes that may affect your sense of security, then it may be a good idea to ask for more support, though this may depend on what support there is around already.

Jupiter is also transitting your Midheaven and Saturn - Jupiter may sometimes exaggerate what is already there and in this case, there may be questions around about your future: work, or about what kind of work you may be suited to. That is also, bound to be perceived as stressful, if there are questions about how you will survive and how to maintain your dignity in the professional world.

There are just some thoughts and ideas, anyway, which you are welcome to take on board or not, as you will.
ok...thank.you...do.you.see.these.problem.with.my. autism.as.affecting.much.of.my.life...
i.am.unable.to.cope.and.i.am.unable.to.get.treatme nt...i.have.face.blindness.unaware.of.my.emotions. problems.with.communication.attentional.problems.o rganization.problems.memory.problems.difficulty.pr oblem.solveing.outside.of.patters.difficulties.wit h.orientation.perceptive.difficulties.no.executive .function.reading.and.math.difficulties.difficulti es.with.language.production.time.and.direction.dis orientation.i.love.extremem.order.and.patterns...
i.just.wondering.seizures.or.another.conditions.ha ving...
am.i.regressive.type...please.tell.me.what.looking .for.in.my.chart.for.indicators...
Unread 03-30-2009, 02:58 PM

The_Rebbe

Please do remember, I can only go through what I se in your astrological chart, and that has disappeared now. I am no expert in autism, so maybe you need to ask experts on autism about how things lie with you.

Remember, I wrote about the sensitively-placed Saturn square Venus/Uranus in your chart, which will pesent challenges in relating to anybody who might have a configuration like this in their chart. These challenges are maybe not likely to disapper overnight, but you can continue to find ways to work on yourself. The Moon square Mercury is also an aspect I sugested might indicate certain challenges in processing information to begin with.

I sent an email to you , also adding that transit Saturn squaring natal Moon may be exacerbating some problems at the moment and if you generally feel bad about your life or stressed because of finances for example, then you should certainly ask for help from a GP - these negative feelings can certainly be treated, then your autisic symptoms may ease and become more manageable. I don't know which country you are in and what health services are available, of course.

How do you understand your chart in relation to your special strengths and difficulties?

Last edited by Nexus7; 03-31-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:55 AM

Hi All, I did a little research to find Raye Robertson and I did find her article listed at the Mountain Astrologer website. There, click on the link at on left: Article Index etc... and sort by author for her name.

The article she wrote is : Asperger's Syndrome and other signs of Human Transformation
published in Mountain Astrologer 2/08 p.137

Also other articles well worth reading.

She is a brilliant educator, researcher and Astrologer! Who devotes much of her study to children and learning abilities. She did some work for me a few years back and it would be worth while seeking her out. Perhaps one could email the magazine and see if they might help locate her...
Unread 03-31-2009, 08:23 AM

That does sound really interesting. I have come across two books in which the chart of someone with autism was discussed - the one by Liz Greene, the other by Erin Sullivan. I gave my reaction to the Greene article on the other thread, so don't want to repeat it here. I would be very curious to know what is being suggested on the topic now.

I also know of someone in the astrologcal community who is a self-styled advocate of individuals with various forms of neuro-divergence: no doubt there will be more to come on this topic in a lot of places on this one.
Unread 10-04-2009, 07:18 PM

I was wondering if you could help me read my chart. I have Asperger's Syndrome and was wondering if there was an astrological reasoning for it. I did Planes of Expression with my name and it said I have trouble relating to other people's emotions. Here is my natal chart: http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi...0h-u1254677594

[Moderator note - original link replaced by a safer link, which does not land others into the chart-poster's astro.com account. Please double click on the chart to remove the 'Add/Edit' option, and only then post the link in public.]

Last edited by aquarius7000; 10-04-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Unread 10-04-2009, 08:08 PM

Hi Lunesol,

Welcome to this forum!

I can only be very brief, as dinner's on the table. The first few things that jumped out at me in your chart are the close Ura-Mars and Ura-Moon aspects, which are quite common (along with Ura-Mer, or Mars-Merc, or even an afflicted Moon) with Autism & Asperger's , IMO. Mars sits in your 3rd house (thinking and communicating) and is closely afflicted by Ura (sudden disruptions) in your 6th (health maladies). It is also in detriment in Libra. It is also afflicted by Nep. Mars in the 3rd, though, gives a very active mind. Ven, lord of your 3rd house, is also in its fall (so weak) and combust (further weakened). The 3rd important element, the Moon, is also in its fall. But you have a strong and dignified Jupiter in Sagitarrius. (Btw, please also read the footnote I have left in your post re the chart-link).

Best,
AQ7

Last edited by aquarius7000; 10-04-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Unread 10-05-2009, 12:03 AM

Thank you!
Unread 10-05-2009, 12:42 AM

Hello, I didn't have the time to read it all, since this is a fascinatinhg thread and I'm really interested in reading it entirely, but just to add another chart for the research, I remember the british singer Gary Numan has Asperger, here's his chart:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?w...O26kX71P7jqMdk

Hugs.
Unread 10-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Banned

Hey all,

I would like to really really say thanks, i am studing right now at this point and u are solving my lots of questions which i faced in my assignment.. Thank u buddy.. I want to tell u all, if u have more points like this then please share here, it may be helpful to other guys.

Last edited by aquarius7000; 10-09-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Unread 01-05-2010, 05:05 PM

Very interesting discussion. For those of you who don't know, there is an autism/asperger's website : http://www.wrongplanet.net/

It's kind of neat that they call it "wrong planet". Fits right in with the thrust of our discussion.

LOU
Unread 01-28-2010, 09:55 AM

Hi!

My partner and I have been extremely involved in figuring out aspergers through astrology, he was diagnosed when he was 15. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 7, but as Ive aged, Ive noticed several issues Ive had with communication, relating to others, and nervousness which seems almost more severe as I get older.
I would love a second opinion on my natal chart, not to diagnose myself as Aspergers, but just to discuss possibilities.

09/15/1986
12:15 am
Ithaca New York

My Partners natal info is

02/28/1985
6:08pm
Utica NY

Thank you for anyone who can help me out! I would love to discuss things further.

Amanda
Unread 01-28-2010, 12:18 PM

Hi Amanda

I wouldlove to take a quick look at your chart, but do tend to be of the visual persuasion. Could you possibly go to astro.com and post your chart here, for us to see? Ihaveno doubt someone here you talk you through that procedure if it sounds difficult....
Unread 01-28-2010, 05:45 PM

Well, I dont usually use Astro.com for birth charts, so heres my natal chart on Cafeastrology.com. thanks for showing interest!!

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-b...States&lang=en

hope this works for you.

Amanda

Tags
asperger, autism, chart, natal