Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.

Unread 05-23-2007, 02:35 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to the_mon
Question Indications of a Lawyer

Hi,

I was wondering if I'm a good candidate, astrologically speaking, for becoming a lawyer. Does anyone know any common placements/aspects of lawyers?

My chart: http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1..._hp_5050_1.gif

My birth data:

Monica (female)
January 7, 1985
8:01 am
Pittsburg, Kansas USA

Thanks for any help!

Monica C.

Unread 05-23-2007, 04:08 AM

Re: Indications of a Lawyer

A Lawyer is represented by the 9th House and its Lord, Jupiter should also be taken into consideration. If these Planets are well dignified and placed in good areas of the chart, you can be sure that you will have a strong ability. It should also be noted that their Lord + Mercury in a trine, sextile or reception is also a very probable determination of a great lawyer, especially if Mercury also be very well dignified.
Astrology Books, Treatise, Readings & more!
Unread 05-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to the_mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro.teacher
A Lawyer is represented by the 9th House and its Lord, Jupiter should also be taken into consideration. If these Planets are well dignified and placed in good areas of the chart, you can be sure that you will have a strong ability. It should also be noted that their Lord + Mercury in a trine, sextile or reception is also a very probable determination of a great lawyer, especially if Mercury also be very well dignified.

Is this in Vedic or Western astrology?

In Vedic astrology, I have:

Sun, Jupiter, Mercury all in the First House, in Sagittarius

9th House Libra/9th House Ruler in 3rd House in Aquarius, I believe

Does this sound good?!

Thanks

Monica C.

Last edited by the_mon; 05-23-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Unread 05-23-2007, 05:06 AM

Hi the_mon,
I'm new here, so I hope you don't mind me jumping in! As for becoming a lawyer, I would say yes. Here's why...

The first thing I see is the ruler of the 10th, Pluto, placed in the 9th, house of law, philosphy, higher education, etc etc. Also, the ruler of the 9th, Venus, is closely aspecting Pluto. Both of these planets are relatively strong, since Pluto is at home in Scorpio, and Venus is exalted in Pisces. Next, Mars, ruler of the 3rd, is conjunct Venus and loosely trine Pluto. This adds a sharp, and perhaps aggressive, style of communication to the mix. Now, moving on... Saturn, the ruler of your 1st, is placed in the 10th. Perhaps corporate law? Also, Saturn is trine the Moon and sextile Jupiter, which are sitting in a close opposition along the Ascendant/Descendant axis. The Moon rules the 7th and is in the 7th, interaction with the public, while Jupiter, ruler of the 11th and 12th, is conjunct the Ascendant from the 12th. I would think this incorporates a humanitarian flavor concerning your career, but with the addition of the 12th house...maybe government is a possibility. (Also, note that Jupiter is the natural ruler of the 9th.)

Hmm...I think I typed out everything I wanted to say... Hope this helps.

Edit: Just to add....I found this article online http://www.thenewage.com/resources/a...icle.asp?ID=78 . Scroll down to about 2/3 of the way down, and you'll find a small section labeled Legal. Your chart definitely fits the Judicial qualifications they talked about.

Last edited by light_blue; 05-23-2007 at 05:15 AM.
Unread 05-23-2007, 05:28 AM

Traditional Western. You may also want to see if the Lord of the 9th is in aspect or reception with the Lord of the 10th. This will show a career in law (among other things).
Astrology Books, Treatise, Readings & more!
Unread 05-30-2007, 04:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Moondance

Hello. I'm a lawyer. Looking at your prominent Saturn, you will be successful in your career through dint of hard work and planning. I don't see major indications for law, but if you choose law, research (pluto) will be a strongpoint. A Cancer moon in the 7th may make you a little passive for trial work, and a Capricorn sun in the 12th may also suit you for working out of court. Perhaps teaching law may ultimately attract you. If so, get your master's as well as a JD degree.

Incidentally, statistics show more Geminis than other sun signs are found in Law. I am a Cancer with a Virgo asc., and Mars and Uranus in Gemini in the 10th. I work independently (Mars), basically because I am unsupervisable (Uranus), and represent children (Cancer). Good luck.

Tags
indications, lawyer