Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-25-2019, 10:54 AM
ardentika's Avatar
ardentika ardentika is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,040
Angular Mars - How does it work?

I've always wondered about this. For example I know that people with Mars in 10th or conjunct the MC are very successful in their career.

Just look at the people who have it and judge for yourself:
Beyonce
Elvis Presley
Eminem

Kanye West
Selena Gomez
Mozart
Shakira

Celin Dion
Robbie Williams

and the list goes on and on and on. It's insanely long, most celebrities seem to have that aspect. And all are people who got success in their career at a fairly early age.


Now lets see what's going on with the folks with Mars in 7th.

Barack Obama
Albert Einsten
Adolf Hitler

Lady Gaga
Tom Cruise

Natalie Portman
Justin Timberlake
Whitney Huston
Isaac Newton
Charlie Chaplin
Stephen Hawking



So here we see two of the greatest world leaders and 3 of the world's best scientists . What's something that unites them? They had to be brave and pushy about their believes? To have faith in their theories?



What about Mars in 4th? I know 2 such people and I know they are incredibly passionate and protective over their families.

But lets see:


Bill Gates
Prince
14th Dalai Lama
Jim Morrison

Will Smith

Ted Bundy (serial killer)
Nostradamus
Walt Disney
Pope Benedict XVI


Now I think this is interesting since now we have more spiritual people here. One pope, Nostradamus and Dalai Lama, crazy huh? 4th house is the house of Cancer and imo , it's one of the most intuitive houses. We again have very influential people here and goal driven.



Now lets see Mars in 1st.


Johnny Depp
Brad Bitt
Mahatma Gandhi
Catherine Zita-Jones
Nicki Minaj

Megan Fox
Grace Kelly
Mariah Carey

Bill Clinton
Queen Elizabeth 2
Ellen DeGeneres

Winston Churchil



and again many many other very famous people.



What caught my attention was that most were well known "sex icons" from both genders. Mars on Asc or in 1st is known to have anger management issues however I suppose it's hard to say what all those people are in their personal lives.



So what is angular mars? Does it represent where we need to be brave and put on our big girl/boy pants and stand up for ourselves and the things we believe in? I've read in some old traditional and sidereal astrology that with Mars we suffer a lot of losses and separations. I don't see that here. I see only success and achievements.



What do you think?

__________________
☉/♑
☽/♌
☿/♑
♀/♏
♂/♍
♃/♐
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ardentika For This Useful Post:
katydid (02-26-2019)
  #2  
Unread 03-31-2019, 03:32 PM
Cary2's Avatar
Cary2 Cary2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 280
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

I think that angular issues are first and foremost about outstanding issues and emphasis. So what does it mean to have Mars outstanding? Mars is much more outstanding if it is actually contacting Asc, MC, Desc, IC.

Mars is a major source of eagerness, motivation, and decisiveness. If a serial killer is eager and motivated, that's one thing, but if a reasonable native has a constructive project in mind, then that's another thing.

Many success theorists recommend eagerness and motivation.

That's my opinion.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cary2 For This Useful Post:
ardentika (04-18-2019)
  #3  
Unread 03-31-2019, 04:06 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post

I've always wondered about this.
For example I know that
people with Mars in 10th or conjunct the MC
are very successful in their career.
Not necessarily - it's dependent on several factors
one of which is the condition of natal Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post

Just look at the people who have it and judge for yourself:
Beyonce
Elvis Presley
Eminem

Kanye West
Selena Gomez
Mozart
Shakira

Celin Dion
Robbie Williams

and the list goes on and on and on. It's insanely long, most celebrities seem to have that aspect. And all are people who got success in their career at a fairly early age.
Mother Theresa - Sagittarius ascendant with Virgo Mars in 10th
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post

Now lets see what's going on with the folks with Mars in 7th.

Barack Obama
Albert Einsten
Adolf Hitler

Lady Gaga
Tom Cruise

Natalie Portman
Justin Timberlake
Whitney Huston
Isaac Newton
Charlie Chaplin
Stephen Hawking

So here we see two of the greatest world leaders and 3 of the world's best scientists . What's something that unites them? They had to be brave and pushy about their believes? To have faith in their theories?

What about Mars in 4th? I know 2 such people and I know they are incredibly passionate and protective over their families.

But lets see:
Bill Gates
Prince
14th Dalai Lama
Jim Morrison

Will Smith

Ted Bundy (serial killer)
Nostradamus
Walt Disney
Pope Benedict XVI

Now I think this is interesting since now we have more spiritual people here. One pope, Nostradamus and Dalai Lama, crazy huh? 4th house is the house of Cancer and imo , it's one of the most intuitive houses. We again have very influential people here and goal driven.

Now lets see Mars in 1st.
Johnny Depp
Brad Bitt
Mahatma Gandhi
Catherine Zita-Jones
Nicki Minaj

Megan Fox
Grace Kelly
Mariah Carey

Bill Clinton
Queen Elizabeth 2
Ellen DeGeneres

Winston Churchil

and again many many other very famous people.
What caught my attention was that most were well known "sex icons" from both genders. Mars on Asc or in 1st is known to have anger management issues however I suppose it's hard to say what all those people are in their personal lives.

So what is angular mars? Does it represent where we need to be brave and put on our big girl/boy pants and stand up for ourselves and the things we believe in? I've read in some old traditional and sidereal astrology that with Mars we suffer a lot of losses and separations. I don't see that here. I see only success and achievements.

What do you think?
Given there are SEVEN BILLION PEOPLE on our planet
the list you offer is miniscule
and certainly raises the question that titles your thread
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 03-31-2019, 04:37 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livetodream View Post
Interesting thread! I have mars at the end of my 10th house, Aries IC. I can say personally speaking, my “warrior” energy comes through very strongly. I am extremely protective of my family and anyone I consider “mine,” and I have natural leadership ability which has placed me in interesting positions when it comes to work. I take my work seriously and I’m there to do it well. Libra MC, mars in Scorpio.

One negative aspect is I grew up in a tense household. Lots of fighting (arguing—I don’t mean physical fights, but verbal can be just as bad) going on! My Jupiter is also in Aries, 4th house, and I’m a Sag Sun and rising. As a child, I was often put in the peacemaker (Libra MC—mars in 10th) position and it was instinctual to me to “parent my parents” at times. I just naturally stepped up to do the right thing, though it was not easy. In that way, I was fighting for my family and I was often doing it (Aries ruled 4th) alone!

My siblings and I also lost our dad (sudden unexpected heart attack) at a young age, and I was always much closer to my dad than my mom. Not sure if that has anything to do with the IC/MC axis or that Mars in the 10th would show a male figure?! It is something that came to mind, though.
Most students are aware that houses are defined as:

ANGULAR = 1st, 4th, 7th & 10th
SUCCEDENT = 2nd, 5th, 8th, & 11th

and

CADENT = 3rd, 6th, 9th & 12th
as shown in the diagram below

The houses are not all equal in strength and power.
If a planet is located in an angular house
it is much more forceful in its effects
than it would be in a cadent house.
On page 48 of Christian Astrology Lilly writes:
The angles are most powerful
the succeedents are next in virtue
the cadents poor, and of little efficacy:

the succeedent houses follow the angles
the cadents come next [after] the succeedents.

In force and virtue they stand so in order:
1 10 7 4 11 5 9 3 2 8 6 12
The meaning whereof is this

that two planets equally dignified
the one in the Ascendant
the other in the tenth house
you shall judge the planet in the Ascendant somewhat of more power
to effect what he is significator of, than he that is in the tenth:

do so in the rest as they stand in order
remembering that planets in angles do more forcibly show their effects.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary1d.html
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 03-31-2019, 04:47 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary2 View Post

I think that angular issues are first and foremost about outstanding issues and emphasis. So what does it mean to have Mars outstanding? Mars is much more outstanding if it is actually contacting Asc, MC, Desc, IC.
Mars is a major source of eagerness, motivation, and decisiveness. If a serial killer is eager and motivated, that's one thing, but if a reasonable native has a constructive project in mind, then that's another thing.
Many success theorists recommend eagerness and motivation.
That's my opinion.
Angular houses (sometimes called cardinal houses)
are those that begin with the angles.
When a planet is placed in an angular house, it is performing more powerfully
Whatever it represents will show its force in a swift and dynamic fashion.
The succeedent houses are so named because
the planets within them succeed by the diurnal movement
of the heavens to the cardinal position.

These planets experience a position of mediocre strength.
The word 'cadent' means 'fallen'
and is the root of the word cadaver meaning corpse.
A planet in a cadent house has been carried by the diurnal movement
away from the cardinal position, symbolising
something that has moved from a position of power
into a condition of weakness, or a fall from grace.


Angular planets are powerful
so the people or matters that they signify are strong
and attract a lot of attention.
If representing a person, such a planet would indicate
someone with the power to 'get things done'.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary1d.html
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 03-31-2019, 04:57 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Janis Joplin had Mars in the tenth. She shot into fame like a skyrocket, went Bang, and faded into darkness.

Donald Trump has Mars angular (12th) and is belligerent, likes to use force to compel compliance with his wishes. It is rumored that he engages in criminal activities of the sort ascribed to Mars.

Hindu astrologers fear the malignant effects that Mars in the 7th has on relationships and even have special purification rituals for reducing its effects.

Mars in the 4th is sometimes said to bring violence or fear of violence to the home scene.

Because he is a malefic, it is often said that Mars is "better placed" in a cadent or succedent house where his ability to cause mischief is reduced.

Last edited by greybeard; 03-31-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-31-2019)
  #7  
Unread 03-31-2019, 05:10 PM
Cary2's Avatar
Cary2 Cary2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 280
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Pope John Paul II had Mars situated much as Trump does. He waged war on Communism, and by most accounts won. There are countless examples of a prominent Mars suggesting non-evil, non-criminal, rather selfless things.

Check charts that exemplify eagerness and motivation, and you will see a "non-toxic" Mars.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 03-31-2019, 05:21 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

And there are at least as many instances where Mars is not so benevolent.

And the clergy in general has displayed such difficulty in controlling certain martial impulses that lawsuits have been filed against the Church in every single diocese in the US, without exception. And the popes have repeatedly drug their feet, failing to condemn or rectify the situation.

Last edited by greybeard; 03-31-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 03-31-2019, 05:25 PM
Cary2's Avatar
Cary2 Cary2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 280
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

You think Mars is bad. I got the message.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 03-31-2019, 05:43 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

I think Mars is a good and necessary energy. But to paint him as a benevolent grandfather betrays his nature. Mars is called malefic for good reason.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-31-2019)
  #11  
Unread 03-31-2019, 05:45 PM
Cary2's Avatar
Cary2 Cary2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 280
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

You called it "good and necessary" not me.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 03-31-2019, 05:53 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

Janis Joplin had Mars in the tenth.
She shot into fame like a skyrocket, went Bang, and faded into darkness.
Donald Trump has Mars angular (12th) and is belligerent, likes to use force
to compel compliance with his wishes.
It is rumored that he engages in criminal activities of the sort ascribed to Mars.
most politicians are similarly 'rumored'
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

Hindu astrologers fear the malignant effects that Mars in the 7th has on relationships
and even have special purification rituals for reducing its effects.
Mars in the 4th is sometimes said to bring violence
or fear of violence to the home scene.
Because he is a malefic, it is often said that Mars is "better placed" in a cadent
or succedent house where his ability to cause mischief is reduced.
Cadent houses are considered less active
so Mars there is considered preferably placed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary2 View Post

Pope John Paul II had Mars situated much as Trump does.
He waged war on Communism, and by most accounts won.
There are countless examples of a prominent Mars
suggesting non-evil, non-criminal, rather selfless things.
Check charts that exemplify eagerness and motivation,
and
you will see a "non-toxic" Mars.
Traditionally, as well as in Vedic
Mars can act as a functional benefic
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

And there are at least as many instances where Mars is not so benevolent.
And the clergy in general has displayed such difficulty

in controlling certain martial impulses
that lawsuits have been filed against the Church in every single diocese in the US,
without exception.
And the popes have repeatedly drug their feet, failing
to condemn or rectify the situation.
Quite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary2 View Post

You think Mars is bad. I got the message.
The fact is
that life is not eagerness and fun for billions of people
billions are starving
tens of millions have died
and
are dying
in wars worldwide
millions are homeless in the wealthy west
and so
to gloss over and suggest there is no "badness"
is not getting the message
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 03-31-2019, 05:55 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary2 View Post


You called it "good and necessary" not me.
the complete quote is as follows

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

I think Mars is a good and necessary energy.

But to paint him as a benevolent grandfather betrays his nature.
Mars is called malefic for good reason.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 03-31-2019, 06:03 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

I happen to be a man who believes it is far better to deal with ugly truths than beautiful lies. Candy-coating unpleasant truths does not help my client; it only makes growth and success that much more distant and difficult to achieve.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-31-2019), SunConjunctUranus (03-31-2019)
  #15  
Unread 03-31-2019, 06:09 PM
Cary2's Avatar
Cary2 Cary2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 280
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Few people have ever accused me of candy-coating. My words are on record. You can't really put them into my mouth without being exposed while doing it. You should review my words to see how transparent your actions are. You, not me, used the term "good and necessary" in the same context as "malefic". You are the one who is alerted and alarmed by someone speaking outside the party line.

What do you want?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 03-31-2019, 06:21 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

The middle road where neither good nor evil are exaggerated.

Rose-colored glasses are not the answer.

Last edited by greybeard; 03-31-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-01-2019)
  #17  
Unread 03-31-2019, 06:25 PM
Cary2's Avatar
Cary2 Cary2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 280
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

If you don't have that, what do you want me to do about it?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 03-31-2019, 06:40 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Do what pleases you.
But leave me out of it. I'm not interested in duelling.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-01-2019)
  #19  
Unread 03-31-2019, 06:45 PM
Cary2's Avatar
Cary2 Cary2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 280
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

You accused me of candy coating evil. That is offensive and false.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 03-31-2019, 06:58 PM
SunConjunctUranus SunConjunctUranus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,637
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
I think Mars is a good and necessary energy. But to paint him as a benevolent grandfather betrays his nature. Mars is called malefic for good reason.
Greybeard,

Wouldn't you mind to give some thought about Mars in MC and also conjunct Moon.

So far it's ****** my current situation, Mars sign also ruled the chart.

Edit: The Mars exalted in Capricorn aswell, so it's Moon detriment.

Edit 2nd: Sorry, I missed spell "Greybeard" to "Greybread". It's pure coincidences, not to offend anyone.

Thanks
R

Last edited by SunConjunctUranus; 04-01-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SunConjunctUranus For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-01-2019)
  #21  
Unread 03-31-2019, 08:49 PM
Lin Lin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,170
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Mars is called the "lesser malefic". But it's also a vital part of the human psyche. Without Mars we would have no impulse to "motion." Mars rules energy and adrenaline.

I have Mars conj my MC (out of sign) and in Virgo. My Mars conjuncts my N. Node exactly. I am successful, at anything I do. But I have never gotten rich or famous.

As an astrologer I know that the entire pattern of the chart, every position, by house and sign, every aspect contributes to the dynamics of the actions, patterns, feelings, values, ambitions of the person whose chart is being read.

Trying to speculate about a person's profile by one position only is fruitless and frankly wastes a lot of time.
LIN
__________________


"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lin For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (04-03-2019)
  #22  
Unread 04-03-2019, 01:23 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,823
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post

Mars is called the "lesser malefic". But it's also a vital part of the human psyche.
Without Mars we would have no impulse to "motion."
Mars rules energy and adrenaline.
Without Mars much would simply not function
we need FIRE for example

Mars completes 42 sidereal cycles and 37 synodic cycles with 79 years.
It has retreating arcs of 16 degrees for 72 days.

Mars is burning and drying, malefic, masculine and nocturnal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post

I have Mars conj my MC (out of sign) and in Virgo. My Mars conjuncts my N. Node exactly. I am successful, at anything I do. But I have never gotten rich or famous.

As an astrologer I know that the entire pattern of the chart, every position, by house and sign, every aspect contributes to the dynamics of the actions, patterns, feelings, values, ambitions of the person whose chart is being read.

Trying to speculate about a person's profile by one position only is fruitless and frankly wastes a lot of time.
LIN
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 04-18-2019, 10:47 AM
ardentika's Avatar
ardentika ardentika is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,040
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Not necessarily - it's dependent on several factors
one of which is the condition of natal Mars

Mother Theresa - Sagittarius ascendant with Virgo Mars in 10th

Given there are SEVEN BILLION PEOPLE on our planet
the list you offer is miniscule
and certainly raises the question that titles your thread
Obviously you can't read the charts of 7 billion people, but people who got famous perhaps have something to teach the world in how to channel the best energy. My thread wasn't meant to be a data entry.


Now about the use of the world malefic, I'm gonna rant about that a lot. I'm genuinely tired of closed mindedness , calling planets malefics and benefics. I think we evolved enough to stop seeing the world as black and white, and have realized that the truth is in the grey area.

Nothing is good or bad, it's just how you use it. I have Mars on my DSC, Saturn on my Asc, both squared by Pluto. Oh no the horror, how am I still alive and not murdered millions? Lol. It all matters how you use an energy print. Planets do not compell someone to be an *******, they simply give him the energy to be one. If that energy was focused somewhere else, that person might rule a successful company and be a good leader.

So lets not even go there cos that was not the intention of my topic. We have heard that Saturn in 7th denies partnership and YET all people I know with that have always been in relationships. Small minds are not allowed in astrology.

Anyways, Mars can definitely make extremely ambitious and driven people thats for sure. I don't believe there is a "preffered" position for it, there just is. We aren't in this world to be one and the same. Vedic astrologers are people who live by restrictions and use determinism, and that bs might work for them, but doesn't work for the modern world.

Quote:
The middle road where neither good nor evil are exaggerated.

Rose-colored glasses are not the answer.
Saying that mars is not a malefic doesn't exaggerates anything. Self-limitations and limited perceptions. Heavy Venus chart might end up to self-indulgence, selfishness and laziness. How's that not malefic ? It's all in the balance.
__________________
☉/♑
☽/♌
☿/♑
♀/♏
♂/♍
♃/♐
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ardentika For This Useful Post:
Domna (04-18-2019)
  #24  
Unread 06-14-2019, 08:07 AM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
Mars is called the "lesser malefic". But it's also a vital part of the human psyche. Without Mars we would have no impulse to "motion." Mars rules energy and adrenaline.

I have Mars conj my MC (out of sign) and in Virgo. My Mars conjuncts my N. Node exactly. I am successful, at anything I do. But I have never gotten rich or famous.

As an astrologer I know that the entire pattern of the chart, every position, by house and sign, every aspect contributes to the dynamics of the actions, patterns, feelings, values, ambitions of the person whose chart is being read.

Trying to speculate about a person's profile by one position only is fruitless and frankly wastes a lot of time.
LIN

Hurrah, hurrah.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 06-14-2019, 08:55 AM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,205
Re: Angular Mars - How does it work?

I have it on my ASC. I think it can make people perceive me as erotic in nature but also a bit thorny, both of which I am. I think it can lead to impulsiveness. Some people find it alluring because the fire is quite palpable, but sometimes also overbearing. I find I come off aggressively sometimes without even meaning to and when people react negatively to me I'm just dumbstruck. Does quite a bit for drive. I'd say 4th and 7th houses would be more interested to study. This is all so typical
can make me irritable, wanting things to happen now, having little patience
I've noted I'd rather walk some miles than wait an hour for a bus
and I'm far more dom than sub. I could never be full sub. never ever. But I could be full dom if need be

in my case my Mars is slightly afflicted tho(conjunct moon and square Venus) and ruled by a horribly afflicted and retrograde planet so I'm not sure how that affects it
__________________
'rage, rage against the dying of the light, I will not go gentle into that good night'| Celine, provocateur, celestial reaper

Last edited by Lykanized; 06-14-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
angular, mars, work

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.