Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 09-24-2018, 02:01 AM
ardentika's Avatar
ardentika ardentika is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,044
What's up with Gemini?

I want to say that I don't mean to offend anyone.

However, my recent experience with Gemini is literally making me fear people born under this sign. They have this trait to be ****in awesome and fun and sweet and gentle and caring, then suddenly something snaps and I question if those people actually have a soul xD
Sometimes it looks like nothing they do is genuine but it's highly driven by a personal intetest and when it doesnt go their way they can be cruel. As a matter of fact more cruel than a Scorpio.

I knew someone with a Scorpio moon in 3rd, absolutely cruell and emotionless at times. Same with any planet in 3rd or simply the position of Gemini. What's up with that? Can someone explain how those folks can switch on and off their soul? haha

When they have it on they are one of the best people on earth, but when the other twin shows up... sociopaths. Makes it hard to trust.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ardentika For This Useful Post:
or1000 (09-24-2018)
  #2  
Unread 09-24-2018, 04:45 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
Re: What's up with Gemini?

What kind of response are you expecting to this? Your post begs the question. I disagree with the premise that Geminis have a sociopathic twin, since I am one and do not have that, so there's really no way to respond.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Witchyone For This Useful Post:
GemwDepth (09-25-2018)
  #3  
Unread 09-24-2018, 04:49 PM
blacksun? blacksun? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: red storm
Posts: 699
Re: What's up with Gemini?

The cruelest person I know is a Gemini, but also the one who managed the most good that I know. Still he managed that through being very tricky and often insulting. But it does seem Gemini Sun requires some water in the chart to not lose sight of the effects of their actions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blacksun? For This Useful Post:
or1000 (09-24-2018)
  #4  
Unread 09-24-2018, 05:09 PM
Somna7H's Avatar
Somna7H Somna7H is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 801
Re: What's up with Gemini?

Cruel ?
Lol!
I'm too Soft.
Venus and Moon Conjunction(46' Orb) in Gemini 2nd House.
http://i.imgur.com/hCRDawD.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 09-24-2018, 07:24 PM
or1000 or1000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 411
Re: What's up with Gemini?

i'm a gemini dominant, with a scorpio 3rd house moon conjunct chiron and i can be cruel with my words. it comes naturally. i don't appreciate it and i'm working on it. but i'm a good person at heart, i'm a cancer sun so i don't know if that makes all the difference.
__________________
"... the only way to possibly alleviate some of this pain is to accept this fate and not isolate yourself in your pain.

So teach, teacher. You have to teach.

~ https://www.moonplutoastrology.com/"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 09-24-2018, 07:33 PM
watcherofthesouth watcherofthesouth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Newport
Posts: 442
Re: What's up with Gemini?

I've had experience with it. It's hard to establish if you really like them or not. BUT I think the Asc has to do with it too and other aspects, obviously.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 09-24-2018, 08:54 PM
blacksun? blacksun? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: red storm
Posts: 699
Re: What's up with Gemini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somna7H View Post
Cruel ?
Lol!
I'm too Soft.
Venus and Moon Conjunction(46' Orb) in Gemini 2nd House.
http://i.imgur.com/hCRDawD.jpg
I have moon there too.

So did Dostoyevski.

But I mean Sun.

"Venus in Gemini (Soul-centered ruler): On the personality level, this is usually considered a weak position for Venus. It is here where she is at her most superficial and fickle, not seeming to be able to make up her mind as she flits from one relationship to another, often entertaining two, quite contrary relationships at the same time. Venus on the Soul-centered level however is functioning from an entirely different perspective. It is here where she is uniting the various dualities and opposing forces found in the majority of human relationship dynamics and bringing them into a much more harmonious whole. The energy of the Second Ray (Gemini) is the field through which Venus synthesizes the intent of the Higher Self and works out human relations into their higher potentials. It is then that Venus in Gemini serves her Soul purpose." -- Alan Oken
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 09-25-2018, 12:15 AM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 2,149
Arrow Re: What's up with Gemini?

The spot between the constellations Gemini and Taurus is the opposite of the constellations Scorpio and Sagittarius - Sag A or the galactic center of the Milky Way, at what it's described as between the archer's arrow and scorpion's tail. The two parazodiacs are antipode to each other: Orion south of Gemini/Taurus and Ophiuchus of Scorpio/Sagittarius. Note the Milky Way encompasses the two highest and lowest points of the ecliptic: Gem/Tau at 23*N/90 lat, Sco/Sag at 23*S/270.
__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CapAquaPis For This Useful Post:
GemwDepth (09-26-2018)
  #9  
Unread 09-25-2018, 12:46 AM
Somna7H's Avatar
Somna7H Somna7H is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksun? View Post
I have moon there too.

So did Dostoyevski.

But I mean Sun.

"Venus in Gemini (Soul-centered ruler): On the personality level, this is usually considered a weak position for Venus. It is here where she is at her most superficial and fickle, not seeming to be able to make up her mind as she flits from one relationship to another, often entertaining two, quite contrary relationships at the same time. Venus on the Soul-centered level however is functioning from an entirely different perspective. It is here where she is uniting the various dualities and opposing forces found in the majority of human relationship dynamics and bringing them into a much more harmonious whole. The energy of the Second Ray (Gemini) is the field through which Venus synthesizes the intent of the Higher Self and works out human relations into their higher potentials. It is then that Venus in Gemini serves her Soul purpose." -- Alan Oken
If you taking about Sun then I have Sun, Mercury and NN in Cancer. Sorry I'm then a Cancer not Gemini here.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 09-26-2018, 08:54 AM
ardentika's Avatar
ardentika ardentika is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,044
Re: What's up with Gemini?

The Asc matters ofc, but not so much. It goes only as to people's first impressions. When you dig beneath it , it can all be seen.

For example, I have a friend who is 0 degrees Gemini. Often she exhibits qualities of Taurus a lot more apart from the overthinking and inability to make decisions. She is always too polite however has the tendency to talk behind people's backs.

A male Gemini is a whole different story. I never said Gemini is inherently evil, hell I have Gemini IC and feel it a lot. It's just the sign has the potential to switch faces/decisions/personalities way too fast.

I even spoke with a friend who is the sweetest guy and an amazing and caring friend, he himself said that what we see is not all and sometimes he van be unbearable with people. They can just snap from 0 to 10.

It's perhaps one of the signs I have most difficulty to understand how they wire.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 09-26-2018, 09:03 AM
GemwDepth GemwDepth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,088
Re: What's up with Gemini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post
The Asc matters ofc, but not so much. It goes only as to people's first impressions. When you dig beneath it , it can all be seen.

For example, I have a friend who is 0 degrees Gemini. Often she exhibits qualities of Taurus a lot more apart from the overthinking and inability to make decisions. She is always too polite however has the tendency to talk behind people's backs.

A male Gemini is a whole different story. I never said Gemini is inherently evil, hell I have Gemini IC and feel it a lot. It's just the sign has the potential to switch faces/decisions/personalities way too fast.

I even spoke with a friend who is the sweetest guy and an amazing and caring friend, he himself said that what we see is not all and sometimes he van be unbearable with people. They can just snap from 0 to 10.

It's perhaps one of the signs I have most difficulty to understand how they wire.
It also depends on your sign. Do you have a lot of Virgo, Capricorn, Scorpio, Pisces in your chart?

Gemini as a pure and singular energy is easy to understand. We are eternal children. No matter our chronological age.

Bright, curious, chatty. Switches thoughts and moods in an instant, just like children.

Last edited by GemwDepth; 09-26-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GemwDepth For This Useful Post:
or1000 (09-26-2018), Witchyone (09-26-2018)
  #12  
Unread 09-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Somna7H's Avatar
Somna7H Somna7H is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 801
Re: What's up with Gemini?

@ardentika

I'm Taurus Asc 29 and I'm a Male.
Both Venus 27į45' and Moon 28į in Gemini. So more towards Gemini things than Taurus ?
But still I am the same person.

Note that I have lot of Libra.
http://i.imgur.com/FAzvpaf.jpg
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Somna7H For This Useful Post:
or1000 (09-26-2018)
  #13  
Unread 09-26-2018, 12:12 PM
WhichSabri WhichSabri is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by or1000 View Post
i'm a gemini dominant, with a scorpio 3rd house moon conjunct chiron and i can be cruel with my words. it comes naturally. i don't appreciate it and i'm working on it. but i'm a good person at heart, i'm a cancer sun so i don't know if that makes all the difference.
Yes it does make all the difference
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 09-26-2018, 04:02 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
Re: What's up with Gemini?

I do relate to being changeable, moody, and overthinking things. If I am not experiencing a strong emotion like fear, rage, or despair, I can quite easily detach from my own wants and needs and logically see things from other people's points of view. That sometimes leads me to change my mind or tactics because I care about being moral and including others. I see that as intelligent and socially adept, not wishy-washy, as it is sometimes seen.

If I am experiencing a strong negative emotion, I can say mean things, but even then I am always careful to pull my punches. I am not cruel, because cruelty is unfair and reflects badly on the person being cruel, not the one they're cruel to. I want no part of it, and I avoid cruel people. I can also completely cut off someone I care about if they intentionally mistreat me. Some may see that as cold, but I see it as self-preserving. It takes A LOT for me to get to that place with someone. It means I've already given them the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to change their behavior several times.

I do have strong Pisces and Taurus placements, so I'm not pure Gemini, but of course, no one is.

Sociopath is a strong word. I reserve it for people who truly fit the description, like Jeffrey Dahmer, who was a Gemini, but obviously no more representative of Geminis than Hitler was of Taurus or Charles Manson was of Scorpio.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 09-28-2018, 09:51 AM
ardentika's Avatar
ardentika ardentika is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,044
Re: What's up with Gemini?

It makes sense that Gemini are eternal children, loving to learn. After all they are Saggies oppositions. Opposites are very similair, almost identical, just manifested through a different lense.

However does that mean Virgo and Gemini get along well? They are pretty similair, since both ruled by Mercury. Both anxious, overthinking, good memory, chatty, knowledgeable. Does Virgo has the sudden change of heart? Virgos CAN be really mean too with their critics. But it's different from Gemini's.

Of course I had fun with the word sociopath, however I do know a Gemini that fits perfectly the symptoms. Complete lack of empathy, and that person also has 0 degrees Taurus moon. Taurus can be oddly cruel too, I wonder why is that. Perhaps because they are Scorpio's opposition?
I'm definitely not saying all Gemini's are crazy sociopaths, haha, that would be just ignorant. But they have such tendencies sometimes, it's like they can detach a bit way too much, and be a bit too logical. It's pretty much like saying that a Capricorn is predisposed to being a workaholic and dark, or Pisces being delusional and too dreamy, predisposed to depression.

I'm starting to realize the Sun is a lot more important than some astrologers think or give credit to it. Of course it's just one tiny part of the huge puzzle, but still.
__________________
☉/♑
☽/♌
☿/♑
♀/♏
♂/♍
♃/♐
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 09-28-2018, 09:59 AM
Starsareround's Avatar
Starsareround Starsareround is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 925
Re: What's up with Gemini?

Almost everyone Iíve been close to is either a Gemini or has big Gemini placements. I always enjoy them for their wit and their cerebral approach and their playfulness. As a Virgo, (and Merc conjunct ascendant) I need need need the folks in my life to love talking and thinking and thinking and talking. I have noticed the twin nature of Gemini and I donít take them personally because they donít mean it personally (when they go all edgy and unpredictable). I see it as they are just running out of fuel and get tetchy when they need a recharge. They arenít the most caring sign because the world of emotions is a little overwhelming and foreign to them. But they will help you think a problem through like no other while also making you laugh like no other.
On reflection, itís gotta be my mercury conjunct ascendant that draws them to me and vice versa

Last edited by Starsareround; 09-28-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 09-28-2018, 10:02 AM
WhichSabri WhichSabri is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post
It makes sense that Gemini are eternal children, loving to learn. After all they are Saggies oppositions. Opposites are very similair, almost identical, just manifested through a different lense.

However does that mean Virgo and Gemini get along well? They are pretty similair, since both ruled by Mercury. Both anxious, overthinking, good memory, chatty, knowledgeable. Does Virgo has the sudden change of heart? Virgos CAN be really mean too with their critics. But it's different from Gemini's.

Of course I had fun with the word sociopath, however I do know a Gemini that fits perfectly the symptoms. Complete lack of empathy, and that person also has 0 degrees Taurus moon. Taurus can be oddly cruel too, I wonder why is that. Perhaps because they are Scorpio's opposition?
I'm definitely not saying all Gemini's are crazy sociopaths, haha, that would be just ignorant. But they have such tendencies sometimes, it's like they can detach a bit way too much, and be a bit too logical. It's pretty much like saying that a Capricorn is predisposed to being a workaholic and dark, or Pisces being delusional and too dreamy, predisposed to depression.

I'm starting to realize the Sun is a lot more important than some astrologers think or give credit to it. Of course it's just one tiny part of the huge puzzle, but still.
Very nice observations on the opposite signs. Completely agree. Please feel free to read my thread and replies in the natal forum, on who is ruling Taurus and Virgo. It may clear to you why Gemini and Virgo are completely different, as they are not both ruled by Mercury.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhichSabri For This Useful Post:
ardentika (09-28-2018)
  #18  
Unread 09-28-2018, 02:36 PM
teardust22 teardust22 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 36
Re: What's up with Gemini?

My mom has a gem moon >.<
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 09-28-2018, 03:11 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
Re: What's up with Gemini?

The negative traits of Gemini are well established, and sociopathy is not one of them.

They are anxiousness, inability to make decisions, flightiness, fickleness, avoidance of expressing emotions, using words as weapons. The mental illnesses associated with negative Gemini energy are anxiety and ADHD type illnesses.

I think it's bad astrology to base your opinion of a sun sign on a couple people you've met, particularly if you're going to attribute something as serious as tendency to sociopathy.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 09-28-2018, 05:01 PM
yuriv yuriv is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 146
Re: What's up with Gemini?

Got to ask this, say if gemini has too sides : where are the two sides? The asc and moon sign? Any other ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 09-28-2018, 05:36 PM
Somna7H's Avatar
Somna7H Somna7H is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 801
Re: What's up with Gemini?

Gemini Moon.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 09-28-2018, 06:03 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
Re: What's up with Gemini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriv View Post
Got to ask this, say if gemini has too sides : where are the two sides? The asc and moon sign? Any other ideas?
The duality of Gemini doesn't depend on other placements. If you have a Gemini sun, the duality is contained within the sun. If you have a Gemini moon, the duality is contained with the moon, and so on.

I've been guilty before of joking around about the two personalities thing, myself, but it's not really accurate. In fact, I say I have several personalities because how I think and behave is so dependent on my mood. But the duality of Gemini isn't really about being two people or having an evil twin. It's about the philosophical definition of duality, and specifically, uniting the body and the spirit.

http://www.livingspiritcommunity.net...es/Gemini.html
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 09-28-2018, 11:28 PM
ardentika's Avatar
ardentika ardentika is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,044
Re: What's up with Gemini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
The negative traits of Gemini are well established, and sociopathy is not one of them.

They are anxiousness, inability to make decisions, flightiness, fickleness, avoidance of expressing emotions, using words as weapons. The mental illnesses associated with negative Gemini energy are anxiety and ADHD type illnesses.

I think it's bad astrology to base your opinion of a sun sign on a couple people you've met, particularly if you're going to attribute something as serious as tendency to sociopathy.
I don't think it's bad astrology to base opinions on observations based on sun sign. Astrology IS based on observations, and as I said, sun signs tend to be underlooked, when they are quite important. It's not like I'm saying all Gemini are sociopaths, as I said that's ignorant. Also sociopathy isn't all that serious, it's propagandized to be serious but it's not. There are gazillions of sociopaths that lead a normal and decent lives. People that are quite brilliant are sociopaths too. A sociopath is usually a very very smart and intelligent person, which often tilts the scales and logic rules over emotions. I don't know why this is badly labeled, and why people think all sociopaths kill kittens and people

Also I gave example of just ONE person who legit fits a sociopath description. The rest have this tendency, a tendency is something mild and light hearted. No reason to get offended or picky here.
__________________
☉/♑
☽/♌
☿/♑
♀/♏
♂/♍
♃/♐
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 09-29-2018, 06:16 AM
GemwDepth GemwDepth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,088
Re: What's up with Gemini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post
However does that mean Virgo and Gemini get along well? They are pretty similair, since both ruled by Mercury. Both anxious, overthinking, good memory, chatty, knowledgeable. Does Virgo has the sudden change of heart? Virgos CAN be really mean too with their critics. But it's different from Gemini's.
In my experience, not really, on couple of counts:

1. Children don't like to be criticized as it hampers the fun, and criticism deflates their self-esteem. What Virgo calls discernment is quite judgmental for the spontaneous Gemini. Like pouring a cold bucket of water over their fun ideas and playfulness. What happens when you quench a child's enthusiasm and sparkly spirit? They get sad and despondent.

2. Virgos need to serve and Gemini need to be independent. Gemini simply doesn't need Virgo. Appreciation is missing from Gemini and the Virgo's need to serve is unfulfilled. Virgos do better with more utilitarian signs like Cappy and Scorp, who are also thick skinned enough to handle the nagging and critiques.
And Gemini really just want a playmate--not a practical servant or worrywart--which they find in Leo, Libra, Aqua, Aries...

3. Pettiness, pettiness, pettiness. Pure Virgo and Virgo stellium are way into detail. They can become very petty. Gemini can be scattered and moves onto new things extremely fast. With speed and flight tend to make a lot of small 'mistakes', which Virgo can't overlook, and Gemini won't care or even remember. Gemini will think the Virgo too petty, and Virgo will think the Gemini all sorts of flaws. It can become very negative very fast.


Pure energy goes, I don't think they can stand each other.

The only commonality is intelligence and interactions on a superficial, intellectual level. On that front they can share information and appreciate the acquaintance-ship.

Other signs in the chart will counteract it though. Like Moon in Cancer sextile Moon in Virgo, Mercury in Cancer sextile Mercury in Virgo, Mars in Taurus trine Mars in Virgo, etc.

Last edited by GemwDepth; 09-29-2018 at 06:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GemwDepth For This Useful Post:
Januarystorm (10-01-2018)
  #25  
Unread 09-29-2018, 02:01 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
Re: What's up with Gemini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post
I don't think it's bad astrology to base opinions on observations based on sun sign. Astrology IS based on observations, and as I said, sun signs tend to be underlooked, when they are quite important. It's not like I'm saying all Gemini are sociopaths, as I said that's ignorant. Also sociopathy isn't all that serious, it's propagandized to be serious but it's not. There are gazillions of sociopaths that lead a normal and decent lives. People that are quite brilliant are sociopaths too. A sociopath is usually a very very smart and intelligent person, which often tilts the scales and logic rules over emotions. I don't know why this is badly labeled, and why people think all sociopaths kill kittens and people

Also I gave example of just ONE person who legit fits a sociopath description. The rest have this tendency, a tendency is something mild and light hearted. No reason to get offended or picky here.

Astrology is not anecdotal. It's a system built over time and agreed upon in varying degrees by practitioners like any discipline.

There is nothing light-hearted about sociopathy. By definition, it is bad.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/sociopathy

"Sociopathy is an informal term that refers to a pattern of antisocial behavior and attitudes. In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), sociopathy is most closely represented by Antisocial Personality Disorder. Outwardly, those described as sociopaths may appear disturbed but can also show signs of caring, sincerity, and trustworthiness. In fact, they are manipulative, often lie, lack empathy, and have a weak conscience that allows them to act recklessly or aggressively, even when they know their behavior is wrong."

Geminis do NOT have a tendency to this, and the argument does offend me. This doesn't mean you didn't meet ONE Gemini who fits the definition, although the fact that you defined psychopathy, not sociopathy, makes me question that you even know what sociopathy is.

One more edit: I am not trying to attack you. I realize I'm being quite forceful with my argument against this, and it is very much not personal about you. I know that people look things up about astrology, casually, and will come across threads like this and use it as their astrology source. Sociopathy is not more typical in one sun sign than another.

Last edited by Witchyone; 09-29-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gemini

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.