Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 06-19-2008, 04:40 PM

Re: The Astrologer's Degree

Well, the fixed stars do move but only maybe a degree and 5 minutes every century (or something like that).

Thanks for the link, it is an interesting read

Herger the Joyous: The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:56 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Niplan

Necro post whooohaaa Rise from the dead i say!!!

this is interesting to me, mainly as i have my sun in 27* Aquarius Moon in 27th tarus.

And it took me a little under a month to become proficent in astrology, it feels like im only reviewing material most times, and not trying to sound egotistical, but I do give really acurate interpriations on this forum and to the people who i do free charts for in person.

Also, i have uranus on this one;
21° Sag: Perverted tastes.

this one, is my ascendent;
19° Cancer: Sudden fame followed by disgrace and imprisonment.

Last edited by Niplan; 07-29-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Unread 07-29-2009, 02:48 AM

I don't think that there is any one thing that "makes an astrologer".
But here are a few of my ideas about indicators
Sun and Uranus in either sextile or trine
Mercury and Uranus in harmony (Evangeline Adams had the trine)
A strong Uranus and/or Mercury
Arabic Part of Astrology in aspect to the MC
(My Part of Astrology is conjunct my Part of Career-both conjunct my MC-maybe the universe is trying to tell me something )
Regulus conjunct Asc or Mc (Ivy Goldstein had it conjunct her Asc)
Uranus in the 6th house of work (like Sydney Omarr)
or in the 10th house of career (like Alan Leo)
Unread 07-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Banned

actualy looking at the book in jermy's link

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2578598/En...icholas-deVore

These are the influences of fixed stars. unless it was somewhere i missed.
Unread 07-29-2009, 07:42 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

While Carter and Leo may have put these four degrees down for what they call astrologers degrees, but they really don't talk about why they've put them as those four distinct degrees, even if they were so sure of themselves as to say "beyond doubt". To me it sounds a lot like a "quick fix" method that a lot of the theosophist astrologers tried to do with a lot of things.

I have to disregard the idea that the Fixed Stars are the source for the various degree influences and, in turn, the astrologers degree for two reasons: 1) We've already got fixed stars...so why do we need two sets of them in the exact same place? 2) Fixed stars move around, so their influence probably wouldn't be there anymore since they move 1° every 72 years.

All-in-all, I'm more likely to throw out this idea of an astrologer's degree simply because the man who started to spread the idea of it miraculously has Saturn and his Ascendant on the degree that's supposed to give astrological talent. Coincidence? I think not. Maybe I'm paranoid though.
Unread 07-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrella View Post
I don't think that there is any one thing that "makes an astrologer".
But here are a few of my ideas about indicators
Sun and Uranus in either sextile or trine
Mercury and Uranus in harmony (Evangeline Adams had the trine)
A strong Uranus and/or Mercury
Arabic Part of Astrology in aspect to the MC
(My Part of Astrology is conjunct my Part of Career-both conjunct my MC-maybe the universe is trying to tell me something )
Regulus conjunct Asc or Mc (Ivy Goldstein had it conjunct her Asc)
Uranus in the 6th house of work (like Sydney Omarr)
or in the 10th house of career (like Alan Leo)
Quote:
Kai,
All-in-all, I'm more likely to throw out this idea of an astrologer's degree simply because the man who started to spread the idea of it miraculously has Saturn and his Ascendant on the degree that's supposed to give astrological talent. Coincidence? I think not. Maybe I'm paranoid though.
Interesting thread, must have missed it first time around. I'm inclined to agree this is just 'his' opinion of what to look for as astrologers. I think a prominent Uranus, mercury too.

I have Aquarius Asc, uranus conj sun/moon angular 7th trine MC. Pluto 27' Leo well aspected exact trine to moon in Aries 3rd. Merc trine Jupiter in 8th. When I was learning astrology T Jupiter 9th I seemed to have photographic memory for data and couldn't get it out of my teacher quick enough. Maybe it was just a 'remembering' rather than re-learning. I was much more likely to remember someone's chart over their name
Unread 07-29-2009, 05:58 PM

I think a strong Uranus must be present, and there are so many varying degrees of planets in many an Astrologer's chart.

I was taught 15-18° Aquarius is the Astrologer's Degree.

Some good reading on the matter. Sorry if it has been posted.

http://chirotic.wordpress.com/2008/0...-the-evidence/

Last edited by AquariusT; 07-30-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Unread 07-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Banned

the reason i question the releviance and ask if this was taken from the fixed stars, because that little comment about

"19 Cancer: Sudden fame followed by disgrace and imprisonment."

thats the effects of the fixed star castor, wich castor is conjunct my ASC.
Unread 07-30-2009, 04:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niplan
the reason i question the releviance and ask if this was taken from the fixed stars, because that little comment about

"19° Cancer: Sudden fame followed by disgrace and imprisonment."

thats the effects of the fixed star castor, wich castor is conjunct my ASC.
That's not the benefic, protecting, wise, "cowboy" Castor that I'm familiar with.
Unread 07-30-2009, 05:14 AM
Banned

http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Castor.html
Unread 07-30-2009, 07:23 AM

I see your link and raise you http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gemini_myth.html.

Hehe.
Unread 07-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned

"Castor promotes the intellect and endows success in study. Both stars are considered beneficial, but they can promote sickness, great upset and trouble when afflicted."

"But one visible without sight of its companion is unlucky: "they drown those ships on which they light, and threaten shipwrack, yea, and they set them on fire....""
Unread 07-30-2009, 04:34 PM

Yes, but that's about like saying "Don't eat too much cake, it'll make you fat."

It has a much larger likelihood to be beneficial due to its color, brightness, and likened planet, and picking out two lines in an article that suggest some negative consequences of a star when certain conditions aren't met seems disingenuous at best.
Unread 07-30-2009, 05:06 PM

I have Juno at 29 Aquarius, that's all. The closer I get to the astrologer's degree.

I think my Uranus in Scorpio in 11th is a lot more likely to influence my interest in astrology............

BTW, the other day I went to a bookstore and bought an astrology book. The seller asked me, "where is your uranus". I said "11th house". He replied, "oh, of course, you WOULD love astrology"......
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:58 AM

I dont have any Uranus/ Mercury contact (unless you count midpoints). Yet Ive known that my vocation was going to be an astrologer since I was 15. I always put it down to Mercury in the 12th opposite Pluto in the 6th.

But I had never heard of the astrologers degree at 27 Leo before ....hmm.... take a look at my chart....I guess I was always destined to be an astrologer!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Chart.jpg (48.7 KB, 11 views)
Unread 07-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
Yes, but that's about like saying "Don't eat too much cake, it'll make you fat."

It has a much larger likelihood to be beneficial due to its color, brightness, and likened planet, and picking out two lines in an article that suggest some negative consequences of a star when certain conditions aren't met seems disingenuous at best.
"That's not the benefic, protecting, wise, "cowboy" Castor that I'm familiar with. "

your post earler read as if you had not considered the negitive, i read it as that you were saying there was no negitive to the star.
Unread 07-31-2009, 06:12 PM

Ah, I guess it was more of an overeaction to your post earlier discussing the shame, disgrace, and imprisonment that Castor supposedly brings.

It was sort of a "Say wha!?" moment.

I know Castor has an unfortunate side, but that seemed crazy bad. Heh.
Unread 07-31-2009, 06:50 PM

well, riddle me this batman.....i have an exact conjunction of mercury and pluto at 29 degrees of leo...flanked by venus in virgo at four degrees and on the other side...mars at twenty five degrees of leo for a lovely stellium in the ninth house. add my moon conjunct the MC at fourteen degrees of virgo. when i was a kid...i didn't care where my mama was going...i wanted to go...even if i had to sit in the car....my last car was an EXPLORER ....go figure love and light mary
Unread 07-31-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Ah, I guess it was more of an overeaction to your post earlier discussing the shame, disgrace, and imprisonment that Castor supposedly brings.

It was sort of a "Say wha!?" moment.

I know Castor has an unfortunate side, but that seemed crazy bad. Heh.
I think you and Niplan are both right. And i have Uranus conjunct Castor @18cancer in the 3rd, trine mercury @ 18 scorpio conjunct the desc. I have read a lot abour Castor and pollux, and it is mostly good, but it can turn ugly.
Unread 08-01-2009, 05:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
I think you and Niplan are both right. And i have Uranus conjunct Castor @18cancer in the 3rd, trine mercury @ 18 scorpio conjunct the desc. I have read a lot abour Castor and pollux, and it is mostly good, but it can turn ugly.
Can someone tell me what Castor and Pollux has to do with this, I am curious. As a Gemini I know that they represent the "good twin" and the "bad twin"
How can you see this in the chart? I went to astro.com and there are no indicators for it.

Thanks in advance!
Unread 08-01-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Well yes, I'm not in disagreement with Niplan about Castor's nature. I just overreacted a bit because I thought the wording of the quote he took was too strongly negative for Castor. Can Castor be bad, certainly, I'm just not sure I agree with some of the wording chosen, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsteph
Can someone tell me what Castor and Pollux has to do with this, I am curious.
It came up because we were discussing the origins of degree influences...
Unread 08-01-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Well yes, I'm not in disagreement with Niplan about Castor's nature. I just overreacted a bit because I thought the wording of the quote he took was too strongly negative for Castor. Can Castor be bad, certainly, I'm just not sure I agree with some of the wording chosen, that's all.

It came up because we were discussing the origins of degree influences...
I understand that, but (this may sound stupid) but really how does it apply? Do you have a link or something. I really enjoy the origins of astrology itself and mythology. From what I have read about Castor I dont see the association, between making one an astrologer, and I am interested on how it applies.
Thanks
Unread 08-01-2009, 06:32 PM

Castor doesn't apply to making someone an astrologer, it was just an example that Niplan had personally from his chart concerning degree influences and fixed stars.
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Castor doesn't apply to making someone an astrologer, it was just an example that Niplan had personally from his chart concerning degree influences and fixed stars.
Okey dokey! I sit there and analyze everything so much to death that I need answers now! Or else I sit there with a dazed look on my face, contemplating, analyzing the bits to death to come up with answers. Then I get to the point that all the small bits dont make any sense...so then I sit there with a constipated look in my face....

Needless to say I hope I look normal now, thanks for the answer!
Unread 08-02-2009, 07:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to MidnightxPoison Send a message via Skype™ to MidnightxPoison

Let's see.. I've got Uranus 2705' in Sagittarius.. that's it, I think. Not sure if this means anything though. I did come across an aspect or something about one of my houses indicating that I could be an astrologer (in this life) and that many astrologers have that aspect or something.

Tags
astrologer, degree