Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.

Unread 03-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Senior Member, Educational board Editor

Re: Match the chart with the vocation

Haizea, I like how you worked through this process.
Here's a summary of what you posted and you have some really good knowledge-maybe just need to trust yourself.This exercise is really hard but if we apply logic and our knowledge of houses and placements, we can deduce it. It's great practice.

Haizea:
1. Nurse
2. Ecologist
3. Famous Artist/Musician
4. Actor
NURSE was right.

In your next post you said this:
1. Pisces Sun and Ascendant suits a Nurse
2. Libra Sun and Ascendant; Moon on MC suits Ecologist
3. Aries/Scorpio; Sun in 5th; Pars of Fortune on 10th; North Node 5th = Famous Artist
4. Venus and Pars of Fortune in 5th = Actor
This time you were right about the Nurse and the Ecologist.

Your third try:
4. Nurse
ACTOR right again.

Then you posted again: GETTING THEM ALL CORRECT!
1. Nurse
2. Ecologist
3. Actor
4. Artist/Musician

So basically you worked it out.
Great effort.
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Senior Member, Educational board Editor

iwonder,
Now you've seen a sample of the art, can you see how you made a good point? Painting is incredibly laborious.It involves using chemicals, science and every artwork has to be *designed*.It is a bit hard to see how detailed his work is, just from this print but trust me, its all tiny dots. Very meticulous. This guy is a serious control freak in his artwork.
an artist can be very technical, doing industrial design.
Then you asked this:

You know what bothers me? It is possible to fit any chart to any occupation

Definitely not.But many people have more than one occupation in their lives and I think charts can and do reflect this too.
Go back and look at chart two-the ecologist... Compare it to chart 3, the actor...which almost everyone *got*.I doubt you would choose chart 2 for an actor with the shy sign of cancer on the MC. and a bunch of planets in h12.
As a check, see if you can see from chart 3 what else that person has done to earn a living in his life? That's a good test actually.
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-01-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyjgc View Post

I doubt you would choose chart 2 for an actor with the shy sign of cancer on the MC. and a bunch of planets in h12.

Lilly
Have to respectfully disagree on that assessment. Cancer is more private than shy (there's a difference. you can be personable but private.) Also, I have several planets in the 12th house, have acted many times, and have been used by others as a "model" for how to "disappear into a role". I wasn't even that aware of it, I just did it. Several Hollywood stars and actors (even legends) have planets in the 12th house. Some might say that have planets in the 12th house enables one to act. 5th house activity is more--in my opinion--ostentatious in its performance. The 12th allows one to really disappear into what they do.
Unread 03-01-2010, 02:41 PM

Guys, I was, of course, exaggerating when I said this But there is more than one potential in each chart, and it seems that they all may be equally viable. Chart 2 is very artistic and compassionate and could be an artist or a nurse.

Chart 4 has such a strong 6th house. Who knows, he could make a good administrator or dance instructor. Just a guess. But I think we could find proofs.

We are working backwards, and the number of options is limited. But how about guessing without any clues, just from a chart? Can astrology show something that can for certain indicate which way the person will go?

I just came up with a new exercise, I guess.

Last edited by iwonder; 03-01-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Unread 03-01-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyjgc View Post
iwonder,
Now you've seen a sample of the art, can you see how you made a good point? Painting is incredibly laborious.It involves using chemicals, science and every artwork has to be *designed*.It is a bit hard to see how detailed his work is, just from this print but trust me, its all tiny dots. Very meticulous. This guy is a serious control freak in his artwork.
an artist can be very technical, doing industrial design.
Yes, I was imagining this kind of painting when analyzing chart 4 for an artist. The skills (6th house) needed to support career success (10th house) in his case is high mastering of techniques (Virgo) and strive for beauty and harmony (Libra Sun) in each detail.

I find his chart inspiring. I am drawn to arts myself (strong Libra), but don't give myself enough inspirational credit (Virgo Sun). Now this guy with his 6th house does it!
Unread 03-02-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalaheidi87 View Post
i like these guessing games its something nice to figure out .. i usually never type up my thoughts on these but i am having a quite bad couple of days and this is a nice distraction....

1 - ecologist/wildlife preserver - 9th saturn is heavy and wanting something to grit teeth into and study, but also to 'regulate' such things. ecologist is probably the most 'intellectual' of the listed occupations. also that 9th relate to land, real estate, wide open spaces, large animals ..etc.. and what better to regulate/preserve that than saturn? ..aside.. neptune in libra in 8 wants shared resources to be beautiful and balanced. mercury in 12th aquarius the kind of thinking one might expect ecologist might have.. my opinion ecologist spend lots of time alone (12th) but also spend time with large groups that have power to make laws and this is described in 11th house capricorn.. moon and venus there befriend and work with thses type of people (government agencies)

2 - nurse - moon, cancer and jupiter in 10th ... nurses care for and uplift... 11th mars asserts itself through befriending ... 12 house planets desribe the site of occupation and selfless service involved

3 and 4 the actor and the artist/musician ... i really couldnt decide, one has chiron in 2nd the other has moon in 2nd.. it is somewhat similar energy and somewhat similar occupation. i guess 3 is the actor because pluto in 10th in leo is dramatic, so is the 5th house sun and pluto opp venus/jupiter ... and 4 the artist which is somewhat science related (thinking of leonardo di vinci) and the full 6th house.
I am with you in this. I dont agree with your theories on the aspects but we seem to have come to same conclusions.

Unread 03-02-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonder View Post
Yes, I was imagining this kind of painting when analyzing chart 4 for an artist. The skills (6th house) needed to support career success (10th house) in his case is high mastering of techniques (Virgo) and strive for beauty and harmony (Libra Sun) in each detail.

I find his chart inspiring. I am drawn to arts myself (strong Libra), but don't give myself enough inspirational credit (Virgo Sun). Now this guy with his 6th house does it!
My God! Only a strong 6th houser could do this sort of painstaking work I have to say.
Unread 03-02-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haizea View Post
All of us who are here see patterns in Astrology, and that's why we are trying to understand it and know more, but most things are very nebulous and difficult to see clearly. Yesterday I said something similar in another thread (age of marriage): if things always worked in an accurate way, or a reliable method could be used at all times, Astrology would be used worldwide and would have a prominent position in society and people's lives.

It might work that way for some, but I personally have never seen it at that accurate level yet.
Astrology was once prominent in many circles and it is the interpretation and lack of knowledge that is the problem, not the science itself. There are many preposterous theories put on forums not the least of which are the asteroids and fixed stars.

Tags
chart, match, vocation