A topic for discussion

Which data do believe is best to use to construct the horary chart?

• Astrologer's: date time and place of receiving the question.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Summery Joy

Hey everyone,

Just starting a discussion here to know what everyone thinks. I think it will matter to all of us because of the very nature of this forum.

When constructing an horary chart, do you think it is best that we use the data of when the querent thought of the question (date, time, location) or of when the astrologer received and understood the question? Why?

By the way, I realize that this cannot be the proper category for this thread. Radu and Beth, please feel free to move it to where it belongs.

Last edited:

Howl

The naive point of view (mine - with regards to horary anyway):

Take the querent's data, unless they have not yet identified a time/place for the horary chart. It seems to me that you are then trusting the querent's own instincts, sense of timing, and the unfolding of questions within their own mind. It seems that you'd get an astrological 'point of view' more sympathetic to their own, rather than your own, and thus the answer would be more sensitised to their mindset.

This would also simplify things, by reducing the potentially vast difference in interpretatation offered by different astrologers (if they each worked with a different chart, the possibilities are endless!!) If the querent's data produces an entirely unworkable chart, then perhaps advise them on how or when to clarify or repose the question.

I'm not CERTAIN about this, but it is my current take on the matter :) Feel free to convince me otherwise!

Last edited:

lilllybelle

I tend to agree with Howl. One night I was at a horary astrology seminar and this subject came up and one lady in the crowd took the opposite opinion and she got really mad and argumentative with the speaker. It was pretty uncomfortable to be there. Well, I'm just babbling Lilllybelle

pwadm

Staff member
I could't say that I believe that there has to be a rule to it. There're some nuances we should be aware of.

QUERENT taking the question
If the querent determines the horary question time - this HAS to be a trained and experienced querent, because one has to be able to recognize a horary moment - that moment of genuine interrogation, voided-minded, when the globe stops spinning and all we live for is the answer to this question (I exaggerated a bit, but you get the idea).
The querent must then be intelligent and able to phrase the question in a clear and concise manner, while still introducing enough details so that any confusion might be avoided.
Also the querent's clock must be most acurate, of which the astrologer cannot be sure...
If these conditions are fulfilled, then the question is pure and clear and the chart ready to be interpreted.

ASTROLOGER taking the question
I noticed there're differences in the "feel" of sample horary charts I could find in the books already published and the "feel" of my own horaries, set for the moment when the question was addressed to me. This is quite understandable because when the astrologer receives the question, he becomes a part of it, the other person to whom the question is addressed to. Actually the horary chart displays him/her in the 7th house and provides information on astrologer's ability to answer the question at that particular moment as well as to the success of this delineation (as considered by the client).
So, there will surely be some horary chart differences from astrologer to astrologer, as this is also an event in the life of the astrologer.
Also, the astrologer might ask suplimentary questions to the querent or guide the querent to phrase the question until the inquiry becomes clear - this is the moment to be considered as a horary moment and have a chart constructed for it.
Not to mention that the astrologer, fully aware of the importance of exact timing, will set the clock to be accurate all the time.

Now, about this debate whether the querent or the astrologer should set the data for the horary chart.
There're clearly extra advantages to having the astrologer receive the horary data, as pointed out above, but the question is more pure when the querent is the only one invoved in the chart, so I'd trust Lee Lehman when she states in her book that she prefers having the querent take the chart data, if the querent is a trained and experienced horary inquirer, but when it is not the case, or the astrologer has doubts about that, using the astrologer's time is the wise option.

So, I wouldn't cast my vote on the poll. ;)

Summery Joy

I read some where (probably at tara astrology) that the location of the querent while asking the question should be used while the time and date should be those of when the astrologer received the question! I have no idea how that would work.

freedomlover

I know I'm a "newbie" to horary astrology, but my line of thinking is this......

I approach it from an energetic, vibrational aspect, if that makes any sense. Since the question is affecting the querent's life, and probably not the astrologer's, then the energy has to come from where the querent is located. What if the two are in totally different parts of the world? Wouldn't the astrologer's location/time be totally different than "what was going on in the querent's world"? The way I see it, the role of the astrologer is to "enter" the world of the querent, and approach it as if they were in the querent's shoes.

Now, if my ignorance of the way horary astrology works is showing, then please forgive me. But this is how I truly see it, unless I see good reason to believe otherwise.