Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.

Unread 03-07-2008, 06:25 AM

Indications of Singing Talents/Interest

Greetings,

I noticed there are no threads discussing possible links to singing well and or a love of singing. I have read Venus in Taurus can show this which makes perfect sense with Taurus ruling the neck and all but there must be more to it. I know people with this position and they are not necessarily more inclined to or talented in singing. I would think there must be an emotional quality, because singing with no emotion is... well talking basically, just not the same. Would be interesting to see different perspectives on this topic. Any thoughts? Any personal experience?
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:45 AM

Re: Indications of Singing Talents/Interest

Not sure but I know I have a great base voice and I love to sing. I do it all the time, even without thinking at times. I almost feel compelled to sing along to some of my favorite music. As for what my chart is lilke, I have Venus in the 5th house (though not a prominent planet in my chart). As for aspects to Venus, it is trine the Ascendant which may affect how my voice is percieved perhaps? Venus Quintile Pluto may also have an impact though how it affects my singing voice I don't know. I haven't done any research so these are merely guesses on my part.
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:12 AM

chart link or birth info plz
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:16 AM

The chart on astro doesn't display quintile aspects (as far as I can figure out.)

Unread 03-07-2008, 08:34 AM

wow quite an interesting chart... the quintiles are not displyed visually but they are in the grid at the bottom.

We actually share the pattern of mercury/sun sextile neptune and trine pluto. on top of that your sun/mercury squares the MC as well... i also enjoy singing. Could be represented by mercury as well... with expression tied to neptune and the moon you have a very emotional quality... let alone the intensity of pluto... good thing your an aquarius lol. You even have mars energising the whole configuration... venus trineing the asc most likely helps with graceful projection... gotta say a bit overwhelmed this late and drugged up on cold medicine and this sinus pressure... . so much stuff going on. amazing pluto favorably connects to all your personal planets... anyway off topic there, just to point it out though. venus, neptune, and the moon all make easy aspects on your asc... you must be fairly charming, at least at first. tons of things could indicate vocal talent... your chart is a bit much, so many patterns...

off the topic of singing.. but have you had a fairly easy life? only because of the overwhelming amount of favorable aspects. maybe a bit unpredictable/unstable perhaps? looks like your home/early(IC) life would be in the least. looks like tons of talent with little disipline(saturn) and unstable(uranus) conditions of some sort... but plenty of obsession/intensity/focus(pluto).

anyone else?

Last edited by Pisceanfool; 03-07-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM

I'm new on this site but I'll like someone to read my chart. Can you give my chart a look? So I'll attach an image below of my natal chart (in my albums too) (I blocked out my time of birth and birthplace for privacy reasons, but it shouldn't matter it has the important stuff anyway the drawing)

I LOVE Singing but I've always been afraid to show interest in it so i put in the back of my mind. Now I'm in college, and i can't seem to get it out my head. Since I never "showed" outward interest I never had lessons or joined a group or choir (until I got to college) I feel it's too late but at the same time I can't let it go. Should I let it go or continue?

Thank You

Last edited by Nickidan; 08-29-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Unread 03-07-2008, 08:41 AM

See its funny, how do we define a good voice? Think of all the different sorts of music and how different the voices and styles are. I think this is a tough question to answer, but here is what I think.

It all begins with mercury, the voice. I'd imagine you need venus in their to give it a good quality and yes, a singer who doesnt elicit emotion isnt a good one. Neptune im pretty sure rules music so we would expect a mercury/neptune enhancement also.

A positive mercury-moon-venus- aspect would be needed.

Jupiter would just increase these qualities, pluto would add depth or deepen a voice, I'm not sure what uranus would do.

You would probally need mercury/neptune or one of the planets connected to them in the 3rd,5th, or 12th house. 3rd=communication, 5th entertainment, 12th music
May 20th, 1984. 12:17a.m. New brunswick. NJ. Male.
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:12 PM

Easy life? Hardly. In some respects I’ve been very fortunate. I’ve never lacked in the area of physical needs, as well as in schooling and education. However considering that I’ve almost died a few times, been run over by a car, gotten in a horrific divorce, not to mention that my father was a physically abusive alcoholic and I was the one in the family that received the brunt of his wrath (his Pluto is opposite my stellium in Aquarius), I wouldn’t consider that I’ve had an easy life. Sure it hasn’t been the most difficult (thank goodness I’ve never been the victim of sexual abuse). But I can say that it has made me a stronger person because of it.

Back on topic, I looked up the birth chart of Luciano Pavarotti and found some interesting points. First his birth info for any who are interested is October 12 1935 at 1:40 AM in Modena Italy. Leo Ascendant with Libra sun sign, Venus in the 1st house trine his MC and Uranus in Taurus seems well oriented towards a career in the arts. Venus also is Conjunct his Neptune as well as Venus Biquintile his Moon (very close aspect). The only hard aspect to Venus that I see is Venus Opposition Saturn.

He does have a Mercury Uranus Pluto T-square with Pluto at the apex. This may have to do with his struggles earlier on.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
The first six years of study resulted in only a few recitals, all in small towns and without pay. When a nodule developed on his vocal cords causing a "disastrous" concert in Ferrara, he decided to give up singing. Pavarotti attributed his immediate improvement to the psychological release connected with this decision. Whatever the reason, the nodule not only disappeared but, as he related in his autobiography, "Everything I had learned came together with my natural voice to make the sound I had been struggling so hard to achieve."

The fact that the psychological release (Pluto in 12th house) helped him finally achieve his goals seems to go along with this configuration well.

Anything else?
Unread 02-20-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blennus View Post
The chart on astro doesn't display quintile aspects (as far as I can figure out.)

Dont do quintiles anyway, only minor aspects.
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:21 PM

Hi Munch! I was reading thru the thread and came across your song. Wow! Amazing voice you really are talented. I listened to " Always Next to you," once and decided I had to listen to your song with the volume on high. I like this song it has that just stepped into a techno club after midnight feel. I could definitely see this song being played in a movie one day. Hope this isn't to forward, but is there a way I could add your song on facebook or something?

Last edited by redrobin23; 02-27-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Unread 01-18-2009, 03:05 PM

I love this topic!!!
I've sung semi-professionally in a all-female punk band with which I toured domestically and abroad and I am currently on maternity leave from my other project.
My husband is also a singer, actually on tour right now. He also plays guitar and was classically trained on the upright bass.

Quote:
strong venus, mercury & fifth house make a good singer.
venus gives music art.
mercury gives good sound & clean voice.
fifth house is house of to entertain people.
I have Taurus sun, Venus in Gemini in the 5th and libra moon. Venus is dominant in my chart, as is Mercury.
Also my husband has a strong venus.

Quote:
There is nothing that tells me that someone has a great voice, but I do believe that both Neptune and Uranus are very, very important for people who are highly creative. When there is a strong aspect from Uranus to Mercury, even a very hard one, original thinking is stressed, and that is terribly important for anyone who is an artist (or could be), and Neptune/Mercury I strongly believe shows creative talent, all the things that go beyond logic, so important to music.

Mercury definitely plays a role as an artist tries to communicate something to the audience. I would think neptune connection to mercury should deserve a look, as music is related to neptune and as a songwriter you do get these dreamlike "visions" or "inspiration from the muses" (or as an inturpiter of a song you need to catch the essence of the song, so to speak )that give birth to the idea of song, which you then have to work on to craft into something "tangible" and structured...
So obviously Saturn is very important.

I think for a performer Pluto might be important for charisma.

Uranus placements could be useful to add originality.
As for myself I think difficult uranus connections might have also influenced the genre of music I got into.

As far as voices go you can really have almost any type of a voice and make it work for you in popular music (classical is a bit different)...provided you can carry a tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blennus
Easy life? Hardly. In some respects I’ve been very fortunate. I’ve never lacked in the area of physical needs, as well as in schooling and education. However considering that I’ve almost died a few times, been run over by a car, gotten in a horrific divorce, not to mention that my father was a physically abusive alcoholic and I was the one in the family that received the brunt of his wrath…
My drummer is a culturehistorian who studies star quality, the "it" factor in artists.
Usually a very difficult beginning is typical, but perseverance will pay off in the end (though not necesserily financially...but in artistic triumph, or recognition at least)

Now on a different note...just sun-sign wise there's been too many Leos, Tauruses and Geminis for it to be a coincidence in musicians I've met.

And just for the record, before it's even mentioned being an introvert or an extrovert has no bearing to my experience.

Here's my chart

And my husband's (saturn conjunct sun has given him the perseverance to master instruments I think...)

Unread 01-18-2009, 03:38 PM

I have always loved singing, but being paralysed by stage fright never helped me. I have overcome this now and am interested in formal training for the technicalities. I have a very good voice and sing by ear; my 'head' voice is especially strong - I love to belt out those notes!

However, my chart has neither Venusian nor Mercurial overtones. I have an 11th house Sagittarius Venus; 5th ruler Mercury is in Capricorn in the 12th (I sing in secret, heh). Nothing in the 5th house; the only thing in Taurus is my Saturn (boo!), in the 3rd. My Moon is in the 3rd as well. That's probably where the stage fright came from.

The only sort of connection I have is a Mercury-Uranus (in Libra) square. An unusual voice? Perhaps; it is not a smooth and velvety voice in the higher range. More Maria Callas than Diana Damrau.

AG
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:59 AM

http://www.articlesbase.com/astrolog...y-4907694.html
Unread 02-06-2009, 06:57 AM

Send a message via MSN to saturnsrainbow

my m.c. is taurus, venus in my sag 5th + maybe the stellium in libra 3rd and leo asc. contributes too, all i know is, i love to sing, its in and from my heart and soul, i do it well and when i do they stop whatever they're doing and listen.
Unread 02-06-2009, 09:55 AM

Full charts plz ^^
Unread 02-06-2009, 03:23 PM

I read somewhere that Venus trining Moon makes for a good singer.
Unread 02-06-2009, 05:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to saturnsrainbow

ss, new to this site, have enjoyed the replies, thanks for sharing.
Attached Images
File Type: gif my chart.gif (30.3 KB, 21 views)
Unread 03-26-2009, 11:52 AM

Hi all,

what are the good books to find out more about the link between astrology and singing prospect/talent?
Unread 07-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisceanfool View Post
Greetings,

I noticed there are no threads discussing possible links to singing well and or a love of singing. I have read Venus in Taurus can show this which makes perfect sense with Taurus ruling the neck and all but there must be more to it. I know people with this position and they are not necessarily more inclined to or talented in singing. I would think there must be an emotional quality, because singing with no emotion is... well talking basically, just not the same. Would be interesting to see different perspectives on this topic. Any thoughts? Any personal experience?

What I've always read is even more broad than that - that basically you should just look for the sign Taurus in general, not necessarily just Venus in Taurus, specifically.
Unread 07-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Banned

I recently came to the same conclusion that taurus is the kind of voice you have, too. I thought that because Michelle Yeoh has in her Helo chart Mars in taurus. She is a number one actor, a dancer, beauty queen and married a billionaire, but has a incredible bad voice.

I sing too as a hobby. I have lots of virgo, maybe a taurus AC. Mercury from second house (voice I think) in 6 in scorpion conj Uranus. I have a more pop voice, I sing loud and bit deep. It is not possible to load it up.

merc sext venus semisext neptune. 5th house ven jup/sat. Jup sext Uran

uranus is electronic music, which I am interested in. Moon in 11 on venus exaltation degree. in draconic chart venus jupiter saturn in taurus, possibly venus conj MC.

but technically I am not good, I sing out of tunes but do not hear it. that is what a professionel piano player told me when I was singing a capella (years ago). that is (virgo perfection) why I am shy in singing and improvisation. In the beginning I even wasn´t able to hold my voice when somebody sang above.. I learned that, but I am insecure. I though had one year lessons, also long ago. Now I want to do it again for fun and got in touch with a person who is experienced. So lets see what she is saying then.

Maybe also look out for asteroids, just for confirming.
I used Kalliope (22), beautiful voice (but more rhetoric, philosophy) conj my south node
Melpomene (18), the singing one in between my mercury uran conj
polyhymnia (33), lots of songs (don´t have lots of songs, 10 degree pisces!)

the olympic muses

When I was younger I believed everybody can sing. You just have to unleash your voice (maybe Uranus near DC, projection).

AC is not exact.
Attached Images
File Type: gif chart.gif (56.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: gif draco.gif (55.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by positive; 07-15-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Unread 12-31-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
uranus is electronic music
I'm still rather new to astrology. How does that play out?

What about rock vocalists? Probably something on the agressive/masculine side with mars or pluto? I know many aries that play in the genre and quite a few leo's (myself included ;]) that would probably support something along those lines. Always an overwhelming ammount of Taurus vocalists as well...

What if venus is in a square aspect to a planet in the midheaven?
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDare View Post
I'm still rather new to astrology. How does that play out?

What about rock vocalists? Probably something on the agressive/masculine side with mars or pluto? I know many aries that play in the genre and quite a few leo's (myself included ;]) that would probably support something along those lines. Always an overwhelming ammount of Taurus vocalists as well...

What if venus is in a square aspect to a planet in the midheaven?
venus is a benefic planet and even square to MC wouldn't do any damage really. It doesn't matter whether you have a good singing voice, it matters whether you can earn a living doing something with it surely?

For this you need to look at MC it's ruler and aspects...

How to find your career- sticky in Vocational Forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775
Unread 12-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Account Closed

Ah, an interesting thread I'd like to follow!

As far as I know, Mercury rules the the manner of communication, Taurus the throat and Venus culture and social functions. I wonder does the Moon come into this too though?

So what next? I think A50 has a good point above, which I've been discussing here lately too, and that's even squares and oppositions can indicate the talent or ability even if there are problems along the way. So, I think it's more than just sextiles or trines.

I wonder what does it mean what house Taurus rules and I suppose Mercury? Having Taurus rule the 9th - the ability to delve into philosophical topics in a manner which others find appealing or easy to digest? (as long as Venus is in good condition overall). Venus well placed in the 10th, besides the possibility for for making a career out of Venusian persuits, perhaps a pleasing and convincing manner well-received by bosses?

Which planets/cusps need to be in aspect? I suppose a complex web of Mercury, Venus and I wonder the Moon also. Not necessarily only these planets with each other, but as others have mentioned; Venus with Pluto, Mercury with Uranus. I forgot to add, if you're talking about performance, you really need the Sun and or ASC in there too, firstly the Sun I think and secondly the ASC.

I have no musical training myself and have no idea of my potential but have always enjoyed dancing immensely. (Mercury in Pisces on MC)
Unread 01-27-2012, 04:44 AM

While I'm not the best singer I have always been told I have a very pleasant speaking voice and I do love music. I have Taurus Rising and Venus in Libra conj Pluto/Mars in Libra. (Merc/Sun in Leo in the 5th)

Last edited by nemesis; 01-27-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Unread 02-17-2012, 12:49 AM

I have a few questions about quintiles and bi-quintiles. Here are the aspects:
Moon(Leo/6th house) bi-quintile Mercury(pisces/1st house)
Sun (Aries/1st house) bi-quintile Pluto(Scorpio/8th house)
Pluto(Scorpio/8th house) quintile Mars (Capricorn/11th house)
Venus (Taurusus/3rd house) bi-quintile Uranus (Capricorn/10th house)
Neptune(Capricorn/11th house) quintile North Node(Pisces/1st house)

My first question is what do these aspects mean? Also what does the last aspect (Neptune quintile North Node) mean because I can't find it anywhere?

Tags
indications, singing, talents or interest