If Aries is my rising, does it 100% means that 1, 2, 3 rulers are in the 1,2,3 house?

I'm so confused.

I have am an Aries with Aries rising. From my readings, I understood that with Aries rising, Mars is the chart ruler and the ruler of houses are in their natural house? So Ruler of 1rst house in 1, Ruler of 2nd house in 2, etc...

However looking at my chart it seems like the ruler of my first house is in the 12th house? It's so confusing. My asc is in the cusp of house 1/2 but it says in my birth chart that my rising is Aries. Is the ruler of my first house in the first house? Or in the 12th???

Link to astro: https://imgur.com/a/q2eRFcw

Whoam1

Your an Aries rising no doubt. Your Sun and rising are in both the sign and constelational bounds of Aries. Your first house is empty, mars rules your first house and your Sun in the 12th house. Dint worry with your first house unless you use another house system of course.

Your an Aries rising no doubt. Your Sun and rising are in both the sign and constelational bounds of Aries. Your first house is empty, mars rules your first house and your Sun in the 12th house. Dint worry with your first house unless you use another house system of course.

Thank you. But I’m still a little confused.

I thought that if Aries/Mars ruled my first house, it meant Taurus/its planet would rule the 2nd and going on until the 12th wouldn’t it be ruled by Neptune, the ruler of Pisces?

I read that when the rising is Aries, the chart ruler is Mars and the ruler of he houses are all placed in their own house. So by that, shouldn’t the 12th be ruled by Neptune/Pisces’ ruler?

Whoam1

Yes. However don't look so much into houses there are a million systems and we can't prove there even is a house system or that there are 12 houses.

Your thoughts are in the right place, your confused because you found out that astrology is actualy less pretty and organized than we try to make it.

Frisiangal

GA,
From the chart you included, it looks as if the Equal House system was used. This system places all house cusps at 30* intervals. As Aries is rising, it does indeed mean that all further houses are ruled by the natural ruler of that house.
Is the birth time accurate, or have you used 'a Sunrise chart' (Sun conjunct Ascendant) because it is unknown?

Let's hypothesise that birth time for the chart was 10-15 minutes later. Earth rotates at approx. 1* per 4 mins. of time. Place of birth actually determines the degree of rising sign. This would put Taurus rising, whereby Venus iand NOT Mars is ruler of the 1st house (and chart?). Using the Equal House system, further rulers of the houses are NOT their natural rulers.

House rulers' positions in the chart, and their functions, are of importance in influencing what the house concerned means to the individual.

With the chart shown, Mars rules 1st house, yet is in the 2nd house that pertains to finances and personal values. It isn't in Taurus (on the cusp of 2nd house), it is in Gemini. Gemini is more flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances than Taurus. Mars gets easily bored and is always eager to try new fields of experience that will mentally (Gemini) stimulate it into action(function). The aspects made to other planets also influence how the individual goes about it.

Natural ruler of 2nd house is Venus, yet it isn't IN its ruling sign and house. Its function is influenced by its position in Pisces, the 11th house, and the aspects it makes to other planets.
Etc.etc..

Other houses systems provide variable house sizes according to time and place of birth. The 'natural' plantary rulers of house and sign are more the exception to, than the general rule.

:smile:

GA,
From the chart you included, it looks as if the Equal House system was used. This system places all house cusps at 30* intervals. As Aries is rising, it does indeed mean that all further houses are ruled by the natural ruler of that house.
Is the birth time accurate, or have you used 'a Sunrise chart' (Sun conjunct Ascendant) because it is unknown? I mean the doctor can always get time of birth wrong by 1-2 mins but not more than that for an official document? On Grey’s Anatomy they always wait ages to declare time of death though. Haha

Let's hypothesise that birth time for the chart was 10-15 minutes later. Earth rotates at approx. 1* per 4 mins. of time. Place of birth actually determines the degree of rising sign. This would put Taurus rising, whereby Venus iand NOT Mars is ruler of the 1st house (and chart?). Using the Equal House system, further rulers of the houses are NOT their natural rulers.

House rulers' positions in the chart, and their functions, are of importance in influencing what the house concerned means to the individual.

With the chart shown, Mars rules 1st house, yet is in the 2nd house that pertains to finances and personal values. It isn't in Taurus (on the cusp of 2nd house), it is in Gemini. Gemini is more flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances than Taurus. Mars gets easily bored and is always eager to try new fields of experience that will mentally (Gemini) stimulate it into action(function). The aspects made to other planets also influence how the individual goes about it.

Natural ruler of 2nd house is Venus, yet it isn't IN its ruling sign and house. Its function is influenced by its position in Pisces, the 11th house, and the aspects it makes to other planets.
Etc.etc..

Other houses systems provide variable house sizes according to time and place of birth. The 'natural' plantary rulers of house and sign are more the exception to, than the general rule.

:smile:

You are the second person that asks about the sunrise data. What does it mean? I was born at exactly 5:45am, it’s in my birth certificate. What does the natural sunrise time means? That I was born close to 6am (sunrise)? Is this a neutral aspect?

Frisiangal

You are the second person that asks about the sunrise data. What does it mean? I was born at exactly 5:45am, it’s in my birth certificate. What does the natural sunrise time means? That I was born close to 6am (sunrise)? Is this a neutral aspect?

Nothing to ponder upon.:smile:

The birth data has been eliminated on the chart, so it isn't possible to see how accurate it is.

There is a technique that when the birth time is unknown a chart for either sunrise or midday is used that gives information regarding in which signs the planets are placed. Natal Sun will always be rising, or conjunct M.C. at noon. Moon is questionable; sometimes Sun or Mercury if they change signs during the day. This info. is useable in the way of 'traits', but it does not provide accurate houses.
Sun was rising in the chart; a reason I questioned its accuracy. Nothing more.

Do you now understand the theory behind (un)natural house rulerships?