Moon trine Saturn - Inner sadness?

Leocorpicer

Hello. I have this aspect and saw this interpretation which upset me a little. Here it is:

Trine Moon-Saturn, orb = 03°48'
Key words: many good sides of Saturn, practical sense, self control, persistence; but also possibly a certain deep inner sadness.
Not a harmonious combination: the Moon's watery softness and fertile symbolism may suffer from too close an association with the structured and dry Saturn.
*Many of the positive qualities of Saturn:
Practical. Moon tendency to chaos fully counterbalanced and reorganised by Saturn.
Sense of emotional structure (as opposed to Moon scatteredness).
Self control, self discipline, restraint, tact, calmness.
Seriousness, reliability, dependability.
Persistence. Honesty, straightness.
Simplicity, frugality, good at saving, thriftiness.
Good with figures (a great combination for accounting).
*The cold Moon character:
Sadness. Feeling (Moon) cold (Saturn) and/or cold feelings. Loneliness, aloneness. Episodes of depression. "Sometimes I feel like a motherless child" (mother = Moon, Saturn = separation).
Lack of affection at key times of their past, in particular childhood. Poor little child character. Painful memories of the past.
A child with such a combination should be flooded with affection and warmth. But can they take it? There is a tendency to isolate oneself and not allow love to reach through.
Working on yourself: look for the inner child.
A Moon-Saturn major aspect often calls for the healing of the child inside you, and of the deep sadness it carries. Learn the Moon values of playfulness. Indulge in joy, not in sadness.
Do not necessarily blame your parents for your present moods. With Moon-Saturn, these might well be exactly the same even if you had had fantastic parents.
Learn to give more love, but even more important, learn to receive it. Allow other people's warmth to reach you.
Learn to receive love from the cosmic Mother.

I have to say even though I can laugh and be happy, most of the time I am rather serious and sometimes tears come out of my eyes for no apparent reason. However, this interpretation may be involving the TRINE as an aspect and interpreting only the Moon-Saturn contact. Does Moon trine Saturn truly mark someone with inner melancholy forever?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous_74490_15213.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous_74490_15213.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 34

retinoid

Moon trine an exalted Saturn will not produce bad results it is actually good. it gives you control over your emotions, allows you to be grounded and emotionally resilient. Moon in Scorpio is debilitated so you could be overly jealous, overly touchy and sensitive (may feel others emotions often times and so it is necessary to shield yourself). Your Sun, which makes you want to stand out and to have good self value is squared by this moon. My 'feeling' is that romance is something that is very important to you and that if you don't have that you can start feeling bad emotionally. Remember the moon REFLECTS the sun...your moon is not reflecting your sun very well.

folelser

Hello. I have this aspect and saw this interpretation which upset me a little. Here it is:

Trine Moon-Saturn, orb = 03°48'
Key words: many good sides of Saturn, practical sense, self control, persistence; but also possibly a certain deep inner sadness.
Not a harmonious combination: the Moon's watery softness and fertile symbolism may suffer from too close an association with the structured and dry Saturn.
*Many of the positive qualities of Saturn:
Practical. Moon tendency to chaos fully counterbalanced and reorganised by Saturn.
Sense of emotional structure (as opposed to Moon scatteredness).
Self control, self discipline, restraint, tact, calmness.
Seriousness, reliability, dependability.
Persistence. Honesty, straightness.
Simplicity, frugality, good at saving, thriftiness.
Good with figures (a great combination for accounting).
*The cold Moon character:
Sadness. Feeling (Moon) cold (Saturn) and/or cold feelings. Loneliness, aloneness. Episodes of depression. "Sometimes I feel like a motherless child" (mother = Moon, Saturn = separation).
Lack of affection at key times of their past, in particular childhood. Poor little child character. Painful memories of the past.
A child with such a combination should be flooded with affection and warmth. But can they take it? There is a tendency to isolate oneself and not allow love to reach through.
Working on yourself: look for the inner child.
A Moon-Saturn major aspect often calls for the healing of the child inside you, and of the deep sadness it carries. Learn the Moon values of playfulness. Indulge in joy, not in sadness.
Do not necessarily blame your parents for your present moods. With Moon-Saturn, these might well be exactly the same even if you had had fantastic parents.
Learn to give more love, but even more important, learn to receive it. Allow other people's warmth to reach you.
Learn to receive love from the cosmic Mother.

I have to say even though I can laugh and be happy, most of the time I am rather serious and sometimes tears come out of my eyes for no apparent reason. However, this interpretation may be involving the TRINE as an aspect and interpreting only the Moon-Saturn contact. Does Moon trine Saturn truly mark someone with inner melancholy forever?

Hello, I have to say this post explains it perfectly, plese have a look :http://astroarena12.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/moon-saturn-aspects-grandparent.html

" It’s this intuitive awareness that can make living an exhausting, melancholy, even depressing existence but also make you very wise and resilient."
"With a Moon-Saturn aspect, it’s typical to hear someone say that they were never truly “little” and had the mentality of an adult almost from the time they were toddlers."

This is really me, when I remember myself as I kid I dont feel it as if I was child, and I have lot of memories from when I was younger than 5 !
Sometimes when I talk about those time and the point of views I had then, my sister is like,,,WTF you were just 4 years old xD

And yes I always had this melancholic feeling following me everywhere, even on the "happy moments"
I feel like I am still not used to it, I many times felt melancholic and I didnt know why! and didnt understand that feeling (when I was younger) I didnt know what was missing. (Although it could be related with a not very happy childhood?)

When I was still at school I told my mom I was depressed, of course I didnt know a lot about it but I just figured out myself, my mom ignored me. (but its true that I always had to stay at home as a child and my life was very boring, lonely and unsatisfy so that could be why)

Then later I related it with lost lovers, but I had to remember myself that I already had that feeling before meeting them, so no one can safe me from this feeling, but its also beautiful, isnt it? sometimes?

When I see something beautiful, something press my chest and its even painfull, (beautifully painfull haha) if someone ask me what I am feeling at that moment, melancholic always comes to my mind ahhhhhhhhhhh. seriously.
I love everything that is old, it makes me feel a lot. When I was a child I wanted to work in an old house, my siblings made fun of me.

It happens just sometimes that a thought or a moment makes me feel so excited and fulfilled, expecting a lot from life . Then for 5 mimutes that melancholic feeling dissapears and it feels totally different and weird, but yes, 5 mins later is back.

O I am sorry this post is so old.

hope it helps

Me too, I am rather serious and sometimes tears come out of my eyes for no apparent reason. It makes me worry, I was worried I was insane :(((

Last edited:

folelser

Someone who read my chart, if I remember well, told me that sadness wasnt mine, that I inherited it from my mom. (the moon?)
I absorbed her sadness and made it mine (sadly my mom was a very unhappy woman)

So it is not part of me! I have to let it go, so he told me to have A more positive attitude towards life. I know its not easy, but theres is a way to "control" our thoughts Buddhism helped me on this too.
Even if you have to fake a little bit or push yourself, just keep going.

cherylchad

I have noticed when I had transiting Saturn over my moon sign, I would feel sad, serious and fatalistic. Don't know if a transiting Saturn makes any difference in the context of a nagas aspect, but thought I will mention it.

GemGirl

Someone who read my chart, if I remember well, told me that sadness wasnt mine, that I inherited it from my mom. (the moon?)
I absorbed her sadness and made it mine (sadly my mom was a very unhappy woman)

So it is not part of me! I have to let it go, so he told me to have A more positive attitude towards life. I know its not easy, but theres is a way to "control" our thoughts Buddhism helped me on this too.
Even if you have to fake a little bit or push yourself, just keep going.

I know this is a very old post but I am looking at my chart for the first time and found that I have this aspect Cancer Moon 8Htrine Taurus Saturn 6H. Reading that inheriting sadness from the Mother with this aspect helps me a lot to understand myself a bit better. My Mother was/is so full of pain that she hurt me & my brothers both physically and psychologically I felt to hand down her pain onto us so that she didn't have to carry it alone. As if it was our plight in life to be full of misery, fear and anger. I had to leave her in the end as she began to hurt my children and that's where I drew the line. It's so interesting to read my chart now as a 50 yr old woman, it's like a map leading me toward myself. I am always interested to learn more about astrology as it allows me to learn more about myself. Thankyou for your post :biggrin: