Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 10-08-2020, 04:18 PM
Eol's Avatar
Eol Eol is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 11
some help with a natal chart! am I on the right track?

Hello all!


I have been trying to get into reading a natal chart and determining the strongest planets and major driving aspects in it! I finished this excersise with the wrong time of birth .. so I will be trying again. . I am quite new, and wanted to share what I have been doing, in the hope of better understanding the meaning I have arrived to


I am attaching a where the natal chart is described, and I am following the advise at Hank Friedman´s site https://www.learnastrologyfree.com/november00astro.htm


To interpret the chart ad determine the strongest planets in the chart I did the following






First determine the power of the rising sign - (the Rising Sign, its ruler, planets that aspect the First house, and the occupants of the First and Seventh houses are the primary factors in describing both a person and the tenor of their life)


Rising Sign: Gemini

Ruler: Mercury (in Libra on the 4th house)
First house is empty of planets, but has Chiron there - and sevent h has Uranus and Neptune




Given that the first house is empty of a planet, I looked at the "strongest aspects" of the ruler, that is the Mercury:

I used only the ones between 0 and 1°30s.. which means there is only one close aspect


Mercury trine Jupiter, at 0°18s, which is a very close trine.



2. The importance of the first house. Separate from the considerations in #1 is the fact that if there are planets in the first house, then they often have a profound impact on not only the self image but on the whole manner of expressing and embodying oneself. Never ignore first house planets.

So, no planets on the first - I guess I should then keep in mind Mercury being ruler of gemini and its aspects.



3. Focality. The method used to determine which planets are strongest is as follows (The closer the planet or aspect to the Sun, Moon, or Rising, the stronger the emphasis)


A) identify planets conjunct, squared or opposite the ASC (6 degrees or less)
So!

Moon square ASC (0° 53s)
Mercury trine ASC (6°28s)
Mars aquare ASC (3°07s)
Jupiter trine ASC (6°46s)
Uranus opposition ASC (0° 32s)


So it seems these these planets stand out, with Mercury being the strongest


Mercury is in Libra, with a close trine with Jupiter (0°18), conjunct to the sun (3°30s)



Jupiter also seems very involved in the chart in strong positions, being in a close trine with Mercury, a trine with the ASC (6°46s), and the sun at (3°12s)

Uranus also plays a role, being in the 7th house and opposition ASC (0° 32s)


B)The Sun and Moon are always important, as are planets in tight (5 degrees or preferably less) aspect to them.


Sun in Libra

conjunct to the mercury (3°30s)
trine with Jupiter (3°12)
squared neptune (3°05)

Moon in Piscis


opposition to mars (2°15)
square to uranus (1°25)

sextile lilith (0°29)
sextile north node (3°37)
square ASC (0°53s)
conjuction MC (0°58)


So I guess here, mercury stands out for conjuct to the sun, and again it before stood out for being closely squared to the ascendant. mercury itself has a close trine with jupiter, and the sun also has a trine with jupiter
The moon also seems to have a lot of aspetcs, squared to the ascendant and conjunction to M, which seems to be called moon culminating, which probably interacts with the harder aspects that the moon presents.



C. Bucket Handles. If a planet (or group of conjunct planets) is alone in half of the sky (i.e. with no planets in the two houses on either side of them), then they are very much strengthened and very important in the chart.

none, all planets are distributed in half the chart (mostly right side) in a somewhat even distribution in the upper and down side of the chart.


D. Stationary Planets. If a planet stood still within a day of the birth date, the planet becomes stronger and more important in the interpretation.

none.



The Strongest Aspects. Some astrologers don't realize that the strongest aspects in the chart carry the most energy. Draw a chart with only aspect lines having one and a half degree orb or less. This "x-ray chart" will show you the strongest dynamics in the chart

So the strongest aspects have been mostly mentioned, but Ill add them here to look at the driving aspects


Moon square Uranus (1°24)
Moon sextile lilith (0°04)
Moon square ASC (0°53s)
Moon conjuction MH (0°58)
Merucry trine Jupiter (0°18)
mars trine north node (1°22)
Mars opposition midheaven (1°17)
Uranus opposition ASC (0° 32s)
lilith sexite MC (0° 54s)



And those are all.




So here comes the harder part, which is synthesising this analysis and trying to put the picture together.


It seems to me that, the Mercury, the moon and sun, and to a lesser degree Jupiter are the strongest planets in the chart.



there is a balance of aspects, with ,a few beneficial trines and sextiles that are close so as some squares, so they carry the most energy.


Mercury in libra as a close trine with Jupiter in Aquarius (0°18), and also a conjuction with the Sun (which also trines with jupiter)...


Water and Air seem to be stressed in most of the planets and signs that are of most importance in the chart.


The more difficult aspects involving the Moon (squares and oppostions) the Moon with the ASC and Uranus or Mars might be softened by the moons conjuction with MH,

Would this mean that we are looking at an aligned ego with mind, agility of mind and mental energy given the mercury/sun/jupiter relationship on air signs, maybe a lucky person, but that works needs to be put into how things are communictaed, as it it can be perceived differently by others?


With the Moon, it seems that there is a strong emphasis on emotions, and it has some very close aspects with Uranus, Mars, ASC and MH. Are the placements of lilith important here? the moon seems to be specially since strong in the chart.



As you can see, i am quite new! So I would appreciate so much any comments, and specially, pointers as tio how to interpret the chart (given the summary)





thanks for reading the very long post!!
Attached Images
File Type: png natalchart.png (42.3 KB, 6 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf astro_w2gw_eo.48950.3487.pdf (59.5 KB, 0 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 10-09-2020, 01:22 PM
Denied Anthropophobic's Avatar
Denied Anthropophobic Denied Anthropophobic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 51
Post Re: some help with a natal chart! am I on the right track?

I think I would have posted this in natal astrology instead of reading my chart, but it seems like a helpful procedure if you are trying to learn. The truth is every astrologer has their own sort of “procedure” on how they define stand outs in the charts or what they begin with. Depending on what the chart holders’ concerns are.

Aspects that are within the same degree, plactile aspects, consider the minor aspects. And then you have terms like combustion or Cazimi for aspects related to the conjunction. If you are going to have a pecking order of the aspects, then I think it is important to decide upon the strength of the aspect itself. For example, Conjunction is seen to be more powerful than the trine and sextile. So, it is up to the astrologer to decide, if an exact trine (orb of 0) overpowers a close conjunction (of 1-4 degrees). I think orbs are a matter of personal preference, but I’m not sure on the general consensus of the aspect nature itself. I’ve heard many different arguments, but I just go based off of my experience. I personally, give conjunction more weight even though they are all major aspects. Same with the harsh aspects. I think they carry more weight than the easy aspects because of the nature of them. Harsh aspect usually results in acting out in a way that can often be seen. Whereas, depending on the planets involved and the orb the softer aspects appear more passively. Though this is not always the case.

I think you would have to experiment with some of these. I do think these sorts of things are based on preferences. Just as to some astrologer planets conjunct he ascendant or in the 1st house creates emphasis, others believe that any planet on the angles is important, because the angles are crucial areas. When dealing with an astrologer that has that sort of preference, your moon would be consider very important as it is in the 10th house conjunct the midheaven (the public self, career, reputation) , Uranus in the 7th house and Mars on the Imum Coeli.

Another astrologer may be more intrigued by the Mercury in co rulership with Venus.

However, if a person has a certain concern with their chart such as their home life, then the emphasis or where you may look to in the chart may change ( could be the 4th house, 10th house or moon and Saturn), but either way you could look into the rest of the chart to get insight about whatever your emphasizing.

To answer your question, Are you on the right track? You’re not on a wrong one. I would ask,

Does it relate to you and other charts you have read? Does it make chart reading easier or seen visually? Your own chart is a helpful place to start but reading the charts of others will help with practice and gaining your own sort of “procedure” even fi it is not a permanent one and changes over the years or by scenario.
__________________
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 10-12-2020, 04:14 PM
Eol's Avatar
Eol Eol is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 11
Re: some help with a natal chart! am I on the right track?

Thanks for the response Denied Anthropophobic!


Thanks for your comments, I overall agree that the interpretation and the "pecking order" for interpretation will finally depend on the personal preferences of the astrologer, and also, the concerns of the person receiving the reading.



This is pretty much my first attempt ever to put a reading together, and, it is my own chart! but reading my original post I see I failed to say that clearly. As I was trying to interpret it, I saw that there were many different aspects that were quite close (orb of 0).. like sun trine Jupiter, or moon sext Lilith, but there are also squares, conjuctions and oppositions which might overpower these. So I was looking at a way to systematize the info, somehow get an idea of the ranking, and then see what the main focus or stand-outs of the chart are..


This was my attempt! ... I posted a very similar exercise a few days ago, but had my wrong time of birth.. so you can say I have attemped to use this method and read charts twice now haha. But, intuitively, the first attempt (with my wrong birth time) seemed quite strange and did not speak to me.. so I inquired my exact time of birth and now this is the real chart!

From your comments I gather that my moon is then quite important, given that you said it is in the 10th house conjunct the midheaven (the public self, career, reputation) , Uranus in the 7th house and Mars on the Imum Coeli.




Breaking this down, there is Moon conjunct Midheaven in my natal chart, which is is also called Moon Culminating. My MC is in Pisces, which i gather means that a person with Pisces on the MC will want to appear as compassionate and spiritual. Add to that, that The moon is very closely conjunct to the MC, that would reinforce the sensitivity of piscis, and
this aspect can give psychic ability or at least a very strong intuition that guides you.


The person with Pisces on the MC will have Virgo on their IC, and without a fundamental understanding of how to discriminate and stay grounded in the physical, they will never be anchored enough to explore the compassionate and healing energy of Pisces. Mars is very closely conjunct to my IC, and from what I read Planets conjunct the "Nadir" symbolize rootedness, conservatism, stability, staying power, firmness. Mars/IC – Assiduous – You hold your feelings inside, keep a stiff upper lip, and cannot be diverted or deflected (heedless). You have good powers of concentration and the ability to bring all your energy to bear upon your project or object of the moment. Mars being in virgo firther seems to reinforce this... Also there seems to be an indication that father/mother play a very important role (which is true in my case),

How this parental influence affects your inner sense of security can have consequences on your behavior, relationships and career.

If you grew up surrounded by anger, hatred or violence, emotional pain and problems communicating your desires are to be expected. If natal Mars opposite Midheaven resulted in positive reinforcement from a strong parent, you will more likely be self-confident. A strong sense of purpose and self belief will act as the launching pad for a successful career.


I can say that both my father and mother are a massive source of strength for me, and I admire very much. Dad passed away from cancer a year and a half ago, and after a lot of grief, today his memory drives me to do my absolute best in my professional endeavours (he corrected my early work, and was my biggest supporter.. whenever something positive or negative would happen, I would call him to explain and talk hours! I miss that a lot, but I also have a personal drive to do my best for him).




Now, Venus is also conjunct to my IC.. but at a much wider orb (6) and that is interpreted as a loving and caring childhood. I guess the Mars interpretation is also readable from Venus involvement. There is also a trine between MC and Saturn at a wider orb (6), which also reinforces practicality.



Still, the Moon conjunct MC, and Mars conjunct IC, obvious do a strong opposition to each other! and here I guess there interact in a way that is more negative and strong.
I read that this might mean that emotional responses are often rather knee jerk and immature. As any other hard aspect, there is most definitely the capacity to work on this natural tendency for immaturity, and we can find people who actively (Mars) work on their emotional development (Moon), so this isn't a life sentence, more so a lesson that comes with this aspect. I can definitely relate to this too.




Would this be a good interpretation of this aspect?


Quick question you said : an astrologer may be more intrigued by the Mercury in co rulership with Venus.



Here I would ask for help as to why this might be intriguing, and how to interpret this!!!



Finally, as someone who is very interested in spiritual matters (astrology, tarot and Kabbalah) I was looking for pointers with regards to that here.

Would the moon conjunct the MC, the MC in the 10pth be indicators of this? same as the close moon sextile lilith (0 orb) .. or what would be a good way to look a that?


Well, I hope you excuse my lengthy response!! as I am both very intrigued about what my natal chart can say, but also.. learning about astrology.


Best
Eo

Last edited by Eol; 10-12-2020 at 04:19 PM. Reason: edit for spelling and gramamar
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 10-12-2020, 10:26 PM
Harmelia's Avatar
Harmelia Harmelia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sedona, AZ
Posts: 349
Re: some help with a natal chart! am I on the right track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol View Post
Hello all!

I have been trying to get into reading a natal chart and determining the strongest planets and major driving aspects in it! I finished this excersise with the wrong time of birth .. so I will be trying again. . I am quite new, and wanted to share what I have been doing, in the hope of better understanding the meaning I have arrived to
thanks for reading the very long post!!

Hi!
It really takes quite a long time to truly be able to synthesize a chart well. You need to study everything - the planets, signs, houses, the Moon's Nodes, Retrograde, Stationary, Aspects, Preponderances and Deficiencies, planetary strengths and weaknesses, the elements and modes, the moon phase, planets conjunct the angles, dispositorship, planertary pictures, planetary shapes - and the list goes on.

What you are doing is a good exercise, and certainly, you may get some insights, but you will not be able to truly synthesize a chart just considering planetary strengths and aspects. You can only truly synthesize after you are acquainted with all the various elements you need to synthesize with. Unfortunately, astrology is quite multifaceted, so there's a lot to know before you can synthesize it all. I applaud your efforts so far. Good start!

Just a few thoughts for you.

You mention your bowl shape - all the planets on one side of the chart. It would be a bucket with Chiron as a handle. Some astrologers would include Chiron in a bucket and others would not. Regardless, Chiron is very strongly placed on your ASC. Even if you just consider the bowl shape - the ASC is the mid-point between the first and last planets - Venus (lead) and Moon (last planet). This mid-point is where all the planets in the bowl are staring at. So even though you don't have a planet in the first house (if you don't consider Chiron), your ASC is even more important than it would be otherwise. I do think Chiron is significant - perhaps not as much as the other planets, but significant. It points to a wound needing to be healed. Between the bowl and Chiron - and other things in your chart - like a Libra Sun & Mercury - relationships are a very big theme for you.

There has been a wound to the way you see yourself - your self-identity (South Node and Pluto in 5th) - and that includes how you present yourself to the world and how others see you (ASC). You tend to be overly critical and doubting of yourself while at the same time, you can be a perfectionist (venus, Mars in Virgo, 3rd-4th, and Virgo IC). There is a need to find and be your own true self without needing so much feedback from others (Uranus in 7th) - or always seeking the right feedback or the feedback you want (Sagittarius 7th house cusp). You will learn a great deal from your relationships if you aren't so critical of them or yourself.

For sure, there's a bit of a battle going on within yourself - Mars in Virgo conjunct IC. The trick is going to be to understand yourself through analysis instead of critisizing. The positive side of Virgo is understanding through analysis. Venus there will help you do that. It's all about what you choose to think about and how you think about it that will make all the difference. Some kind of meditation practice would be good for you - so you can learn to observe your thoughts and gain control over them. Meditation is good for everyone, but especially for someone who has a emphasis on thinking in the chart. Gemini is thinking processes - communicating with words - perceiving the truth intuitively.

I feel that this is a particularly loving chart - or could help someone develop love and compassion. That's the 4th house planets and also Moon in Pisces. Your bowl leads with Venus, and squares your ASC - along with Mars. You want to develop your communication skills so that you can express what you really feel in a way that can be received in the way you mean it. At least your Venus will want to bring some harmonious energy into the mix. You could develop an artistic talent with Pisces Moon on MC and Venus leading your planets.

Well, that's all for now. Did any of this ring true for you?
__________________
I do individual readings and consults by donation. I also do dream interpretation, meditation, and mind-body healing sessions by donation - and online workshops for a small fee. Sign up for my newsletter! My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com

Last edited by Harmelia; 10-12-2020 at 11:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 10-13-2020, 01:17 PM
Eol's Avatar
Eol Eol is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 11
Re: some help with a natal chart! am I on the right track?

Hi Harmelia,




Thanks for the insights, in particular with regards to the shape of the natal chart and the chiron placement and also, for the words of encouragement with regards to my efforts.. . I am veery far from being able to synthethise all I see int he chart into one coherent take, so looking at you doing is super helpful!



I was reading about chiron now , since I was not very aware of its meaning and seems placed in strong positions. "The wounded healer", being placed in the first house, it may indicate a journey of self-discovery, and your description of "wound to the way you see yourself - your self-identity (South Node and Pluto in 5th) - and that includes how you present yourself to the world and how others see you" rings very true... very early on, maybe at 7? I realized I was gay and I went forth and told my parents about it, of-course this was dismissed as child talk, but that created a deep sense of insecurity/self criticism that I had to work through for quite a while! of-course I repressed myself for yearsssssss, and presented myself as an "alternative straight version" of myself all throughout my teens. But I took the road of understanding myself and accepting who I was... working through it from early 20s .. maybe by the time I was 27 I had fully turned a page.



Funnily enough, lots of self introspection and analysis were key to working that.. my take on it was very mental and analytical, and do I believe that experience has given me a great understanding of myself and how "we" humans work? yup. Also, and central to accepting myself, was the drive of wanting to be able to feel love through relationships... so i put in the personal work to find what was the way for me to achieve that. I have fallen in love, and relationships were of-course central in helping me remove those early road blocks. Nowadays friends routinely come for advice to me, and I guess my work with tarot and astrology does come from a "healers" perspective, which for myself was driven by healing my own wounds. This seems very related to Chiron I guess.



With regards to being a perfectionist? yes that is also very true. I usually give my 100% to projects and work, (which is academic and mental, maybe that is explained by the mental chart).. initially, all the "recognition" and "over achievement" might have also being involved with dealing with my self-doubts, and seeking approval and the right feedback, but I also must say I enjoy the perfectionist drive. It has allowed me to travel and work in what I love.


Reading, learning, and meditation and "spiritual" sciences have definitely been a turning point for me, in both acceptance, and finding that self-loving place, literally I would tell myself " HEY - be nice to yourself" whenever old negative thought patterns would come by. II have walked a lot from those early days of self doubt and constant self criticism.. and part of that was literally learning to love all sides of me AND understand that every single event, has lead me to where i am, so I cant cherry pick on my past and be harsh on what's good and what's not.


That brings me to the loving part, regardless of all that I have said, I had a love filled childhood, loving friends and family, and that has been a major component to in being happy and stable, I just needed to be nicer to myself and the way I looked at myself. But yeah, In that sense there has been an abundance of love.. and thank god for that.

I work on research for environmental conservation, something I deeply care about.. always loved animals and nature ( so nowadays i research on stoping deforestation, overfishing, climate change etc), I wonder how much of that comes from the compassionate part and mental part of the chart. Finally: I am indeed learning this as I txt this "always seeking the right feedback or the feedback you want". I am doing my doctorate and sometimes have a hard time when I don't get the feedback I want from peers/supervisors, and its something I have been analysing myself .. (do you go your own way and stay true to your motives/ideas? or do you please others to get the peers recognition?). Today I was just this talking about this with a friend since both are sortof needed in the world I am working in.


thanks... and yeah I shared a lot here O_O


Best


Eo

Last edited by Eol; 10-13-2020 at 01:31 PM. Reason: as always, typos
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 10-13-2020, 01:33 PM
Harmelia's Avatar
Harmelia Harmelia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sedona, AZ
Posts: 349
Re: some help with a natal chart! am I on the right track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol View Post
Hi Harmelia,

Thanks for the insights, in particular with regards to the shape of the natal chart and the chiron placement.

I was reading about chiron now , since I was not very aware of its meaning and seems placed in strong places. "The wounded healer", being placed in the first house, it may indicate a journey of self-discovery, and your description of "wound to the way you see yourself - your self-identity (South Node and Pluto in 5th) - and that includes how you present yourself to the world and how others see you" rings very true... very early on, maybe at 7? I realized I was gay and I went forth and told my parents about it, of-course this was dismissed as boy talk, but that created a deep sense of insecurity/self criticism that I had to work through for quite a while! ofcourse I repressed myself for some time, but at the end took the road of understanding myself and accepting who I was... maybe by the time I was 27 I had fully turned a page.

Funnily enough, lots of self introspection and analysis were key to working that.. my take on it was very mental and analytical, and do I believe that experience has given me a great understanding of myself and how "we" humans work? yup. People routinely come for advice to me, and I guess my work with tarot and astrology does come from a "healers" perspective, which for myself was driven by healing my own wounds.

With regards to being a perfectionist? yes that is also very true. I usually give my 100% to projects and work, (which is academic and mental, maybe that is explained by the mental chart).. initially, all the "recognition" and "over achievement" might have also being involved with dealing with my self-doubts, and seeking approval and the right feedback, but I also must say I enjoy the perfectionist drive.

Reading, learning, and meditation and "spiritual" sciences have definitely been a turning point for me, in both acceptance, and finding that self-loving place, literally I would tell myself " HEY - be nice to yourself" whenever old negative thought patterns would come by. I am happy to say I have walked a lot from those early days of self doubt and constant self criticism.. and part of that was literally learning to love all sides of me AND understand that every single event, has lead me to where i am, so I cant cherry pick on my past and be harsh on what's good and what's not.

That brings me to the loving part, regardless of all that I have said, I did have a love filled childhood, loving friends and family, and that has been a major component to in being happy and stable.

I work on research for environmental conservation (stoping deforestation, overfishing, climate change etc), I wonder how much of that comes from the compassionate part and mental part of the chart. Finally: I am indeed learning this as I txt this "always seeking the right feedback or the feedback you want". I am doing my doctorate and have quite the hard time sometimes when I dont get the feedback I want from peers/supervisors, and its something I have been analysing myself .. (do you go your own way and stay true to your motives? or do you please others to get the right feedback and recognition?). Today I was just this talking about this with a friend.

thanks... and yeah I shared a lot here O_O

Best
Eo

Thanks for the affirmation Eo. Yes, you have shared a lot about yourself and it's appreciated. Your work sounds very interesting and fulfilling - we need people like you! The school situation is a little different than I was thinking in regard to wanting the "right" feedback. In school you kinda do have to please the professors - but, you don't have compromise on our true motives or what you think. It's a temporary situation to get a degree. If you have to compromise a little for a short time - it isn't like you're selling out - just doing what it takes to get the degree so you can stay true to yourself. At least, that's how I would look at it. Of course, I can't know what it is you have to compromise . . . I suppose I have a line that I draw . . . and maybe you're being asked to do something that goes against the grain. Good luck there.

4th house is the Moon's house - house of home and family - nurturing,

understanding and compassionate energy - but Moon in Pisces can also be that - compassionate energy. The Virgo used positively will add to that understanding with analysis. I'm glad you had such a positive childhood and supportive home life. It is a rare enough thing and you're very fortunate.

All the best to you,
Harmelia
__________________
I do individual readings and consults by donation. I also do dream interpretation, meditation, and mind-body healing sessions by donation - and online workshops for a small fee. Sign up for my newsletter! My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 10-14-2020, 08:05 PM
Denied Anthropophobic's Avatar
Denied Anthropophobic Denied Anthropophobic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 51
Re: some help with a natal chart! am I on the right track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol View Post
Thanks for the response Denied Anthropophobic!


Thanks for your comments, I overall agree that the interpretation and the "pecking order" for interpretation will finally depend on the personal preferences of the astrologer, and also, the concerns of the person receiving the reading.



This is pretty much my first attempt ever to put a reading together, and, it is my own chart! but reading my original post I see I failed to say that clearly. As I was trying to interpret it, I saw that there were many different aspects that were quite close (orb of 0).. like sun trine Jupiter, or moon sext Lilith, but there are also squares, conjuctions and oppositions which might overpower these. So I was looking at a way to systematize the info, somehow get an idea of the ranking, and then see what the main focus or stand-outs of the chart are..


This was my attempt! ... I posted a very similar exercise a few days ago, but had my wrong time of birth.. so you can say I have attemped to use this method and read charts twice now haha. But, intuitively, the first attempt (with my wrong birth time) seemed quite strange and did not speak to me.. so I inquired my exact time of birth and now this is the real chart!

From your comments I gather that my moon is then quite important, given that you said it is in the 10th house conjunct the midheaven (the public self, career, reputation) , Uranus in the 7th house and Mars on the Imum Coeli.




Breaking this down, there is Moon conjunct Midheaven in my natal chart, which is is also called Moon Culminating. My MC is in Pisces, which i gather means that a person with Pisces on the MC will want to appear as compassionate and spiritual. Add to that, that The moon is very closely conjunct to the MC, that would reinforce the sensitivity of piscis, and
this aspect can give psychic ability or at least a very strong intuition that guides you.


The person with Pisces on the MC will have Virgo on their IC, and without a fundamental understanding of how to discriminate and stay grounded in the physical, they will never be anchored enough to explore the compassionate and healing energy of Pisces. Mars is very closely conjunct to my IC, and from what I read Planets conjunct the "Nadir" symbolize rootedness, conservatism, stability, staying power, firmness. Mars/IC – Assiduous – You hold your feelings inside, keep a stiff upper lip, and cannot be diverted or deflected (heedless). You have good powers of concentration and the ability to bring all your energy to bear upon your project or object of the moment. Mars being in virgo firther seems to reinforce this... Also there seems to be an indication that father/mother play a very important role (which is true in my case),

How this parental influence affects your inner sense of security can have consequences on your behavior, relationships and career.

If you grew up surrounded by anger, hatred or violence, emotional pain and problems communicating your desires are to be expected. If natal Mars opposite Midheaven resulted in positive reinforcement from a strong parent, you will more likely be self-confident. A strong sense of purpose and self belief will act as the launching pad for a successful career.


I can say that both my father and mother are a massive source of strength for me, and I admire very much. Dad passed away from cancer a year and a half ago, and after a lot of grief, today his memory drives me to do my absolute best in my professional endeavours (he corrected my early work, and was my biggest supporter.. whenever something positive or negative would happen, I would call him to explain and talk hours! I miss that a lot, but I also have a personal drive to do my best for him).




Now, Venus is also conjunct to my IC.. but at a much wider orb (6) and that is interpreted as a loving and caring childhood. I guess the Mars interpretation is also readable from Venus involvement. There is also a trine between MC and Saturn at a wider orb (6), which also reinforces practicality.



Still, the Moon conjunct MC, and Mars conjunct IC, obvious do a strong opposition to each other! and here I guess there interact in a way that is more negative and strong.
I read that this might mean that emotional responses are often rather knee jerk and immature. As any other hard aspect, there is most definitely the capacity to work on this natural tendency for immaturity, and we can find people who actively (Mars) work on their emotional development (Moon), so this isn't a life sentence, more so a lesson that comes with this aspect. I can definitely relate to this too.




Would this be a good interpretation of this aspect?


Quick question you said : an astrologer may be more intrigued by the Mercury in co rulership with Venus.



Here I would ask for help as to why this might be intriguing, and how to interpret this!!!



Finally, as someone who is very interested in spiritual matters (astrology, tarot and Kabbalah) I was looking for pointers with regards to that here.

Would the moon conjunct the MC, the MC in the 10pth be indicators of this? same as the close moon sextile lilith (0 orb) .. or what would be a good way to look a that?


Well, I hope you excuse my lengthy response!! as I am both very intrigued about what my natal chart can say, but also.. learning about astrology.


Best
Eo
I interpret co-rulership as needing the planets both having some influence over the others. So instead of mercury as the final ruler, Venus and mercury relate and ruler together if that makes sense.

In my opinion, Jupiter, Neptune, 9th house, sag, Pisces connections, but the water element areas (moon, Pluto, cancer, Scorpio, etc.) can too. Your Jupiter in 8th, moon in Pisces and aspects your sun and mercury and your moon quintile Neptune and aspect Pluto. These may show the interest in spiritual matters you have mentioned.
__________________
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chart, natal, track

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.