What do you think happens after our earthly incarnations?

retinoid

I'll expand on this topic a little more.. probably too many questions.. :biggrin:

but...

If you believe in past lives... do you also believe in spirits... such as the spirit of a loved one being present after passing?

If so, how do you work out believing in both?

I have been able to contact some spirits after death for people who were in extreme mourning (I do not do it professionally. Only have done it twice). If I come into contact I get images for communication, like relevant images that were important in real life and I feel their presence. Mediumship is real-yet I believe in reincarnation.

As i said in the previous post, we look at reincarnation as past and future lives and in a limited perspective since we are limited. We may be living thousands of lives all at once.

I do not know how mediumship files under reincarnation honestly. I could provide conjecture but I am not sure. I think in some sense our astral shells from previous lives may still be contacted unless they are self realized and get absorbed back into the Soul, which for most people that takes a while, if ever, unless they are heavily into meditation and self realization so they have a deep connection already. So their astral selves, with their personality, may still inhabit the astral or sometimes the etheral. I do know that the easiest time of contact is when the person just died.

ashriia

I think in some sense our astral shells from previous lives may still be contacted unless they are self realized and get absorbed back into the Soul, which for most people that takes a while unless they are heavily into meditation and self realization so they have a deep connection already. So their astral selves, with their personality, may still inhabit the astral or sometimes the etheral..

Great post. Really speaks to me.

I also have a firm belief in spirits but also in reincarnation of the soul which always seem at odds. but yes, as humans our perspectives are indeed limited.

On an aside, I think our souls memory is stored in our astrological and metaphorical Moon. The moon remembers. For instance, speaking personally, many of the fears I have I don't have a trigger for in this life. My moon is in the 12th. I love water, am a great swimmer. But scared of windowless rooms, having anything snug around my neck, and elevators, heavily claustrophobic, and I hate the taste of alcohol. Sometimes I think maybe I was buried alive or died in a confined space or perhaps was imprisoned or strangled or just spent life drunk with a combo of the aforementioned.

Because I can't make sense of it otherwise. Anyway, don't mean to veer too much off topic.:sideways: I just think it's kinda interesting.

Cap

Okay, in my book, spirit is synonymous with consciousness and consciousness (or God) is all there is. Which means everything is happening in consciousness as consciousness. There is no separation. There are no hierarchies. There are no others. Souls or selfs are just unique points of consciousness, points of perception, vantage points. Death is just the switching from one vantage point to another. In that sense death is similar to what happens every night when we fall asleep. Our waking world disappears and another world (dream world) appears. From the vantage point of our normal waking world, the dream world is illusory. From the vantage point of our dream world, the normal waking world is illusory. In reality, they are both illusory, they both come and go. And what comes and goes is not real. Only what is always there and unchanging is real. In that sense, our lives, our souls and our selfs are not real and our experiences aren't real either. Nevertheless they are happening. The purpose they serve is that they enable consciousness to experience itself. Consciousness has no ears and no eyes. Pure consciousness is without attributes. If consciousness (or God) wants to have an experience like the experience of sight, then consciousness (or God) will look thru our eyes at us. So what's going on here on this forum is basically just consciousness (or God) meeting consciousness (or God) in order to talk about consciousness (or God). :lol:

You are pure Consciousness—
the substance of the universe.
The universe exists within you.
Don’t be small-minded.
You are unconditioned, changeless, formless.
You are immovable, unfathomable, imperturbable.
Desire nothing.
You are Consciousness.
That which has form is not real.
Only the formless is permanent.
Once this is known,
you will not return to illusion.
Just as a mirror exists
both within and without
the image reflected,
the Supreme Self exists
both within and without the body.
Just as the same space exists
both within and without a jar,
the timeless, all-pervasive One
exists as Totality.

Ashtavakra Gita

Katydidit

At that moment of death:
I believe we reconnect with all that we have been before. I believe we see what we want to see, believe what we want to believe.

I feel there is a final moment of truth for each of us. A final justice, self-imposed by our own guilt or hope. Our place at the pearly gates all depends on what we feel for our own future on the morrow - the perfect non-biased mathematical justice of God the All.

Phoenix Venus

We go to other places in the universe.

Cayce said that between earth incarnations, our souls experience the other planets in our solar system to recharge the energies (lessons) that we are dealing with. Earth is the testing grounds of the solar system.

Last edited:

ashriia

We go to other places in the universe.

Cayce said that between earth incarnations, our souls experience the other planets in our solar system to recharge the energies (lessons) that we are dealing with. Earth is the testing grounds of the solar system.

Now that, is Interesting! Never heard such a thing before. Is there a book or a selection of writing where this theory is expanded on? Certainly has me thinking..

After we are done fumbling through our earthly lives/and many incarnations developing our spiritual self. What do you think happens? Where does the spirit/soul go..? Or do you think the cycle is endless...

I think we go back to our creator in a place called heaven; but people can also think of it as another reality that is far more advanced than this one.
I also believe that we can choose whether to come back to earth or not.

The reason why I believe this is because I remember before I was born. It's a memory that stuck with me all of my life that I would tell my mom about as soon as I was able to form words. I still remember it:

I was in some sort of huge pool of spirits and this huge being was around us. It asked us if we wanted to go back to earth and as soon as I thought yes (I was overjoyed to go back) then I was automatically sent. All of this wasn't even said with human words but something else or similar to it. All there was was joy and peace over there and I don't think we really remember how bad earth can be because in the other side we kind of forget all of that.

Culpeper

Premium Member
Since I am also a spiritualist, I have often asked spirits this question. They usually say that incarnations just go on and on. They told me of my past lives. Much to my surprise they told me I had been an aquatic human for millions of years as measured on earth, but in another system called Betelgeuse B in the shoulder of Orion. Many many lives I lived but only remembered the one I was in. I looked like the Copenhagen statue of the __Little Mermaid__ and had webbed fingers and toes.

This was a peaceful world, and the terrestrial humans knew about about us aquatics. From time to time I would make my way up on the beach and visit with the terrestrials for a few hours. People came to see the mermaid, and I also brought some gold with me that I found on the ocean floor to trade for surface things. In the air I was mute, but learned to communicate a little. One day the surface people suggested that I become a surface dweller too. This seemed like a good idea. They took me to court. The judge said that I was a feral human and would not fit in on their orderly world, but he could send me to another planet if I still wanted the transmogrification.

So I came to earth a harsh place by comparison. But there are more lives to live. I am also told that some spirits who have lived many lives become spirit guides. Although many spirit guides have never been human. Spirits do not sleep as humans do but after 100000 years most fall asleep. This is called the soul sleep. It may last for millions of years. Many fear it as they do not know if they are worthy to wake again. I seem to have never experienced this sleep. There is no rest for the weary. My spirit guides finally sleep and I lose them and have to find another guide.

Dubyadude1986

Does anyone have any input or feedback regarding ghost boxes? They seem to pick up the energy of spirits on an exceptionally low-vibration.

Is this because only spirits on a certain plain or vibration can communicate with it?

Is this something that even most experts are skeptical of?

Curious what the everyday person thinks about this as opposed to YouTube.

ashriia

A suggestion, -perhaps you can create your own thread for that topic. As it is branching off into a different subject matter.

Does anyone have any input or feedback regarding ghost boxes? They seem to pick up the energy of spirits on an exceptionally low-vibration.

Is this because only spirits on a certain plain or vibration can communicate with it?

Is this something that even most experts are skeptical of?

Curious what the everyday person thinks about this as opposed to YouTube.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Earthly incarnations are not thought to be endless.
(Thank goodness for that.)

At some point we come off the karmic wheel and move on to other realms.
Earth is said to be a very difficult plane of existence and as such produces
tough and resilient souls. When finished with Earth incarnations, souls are able to move to other realms for continued work, growth and development.

For further information you might like to read the classic MANY LIVES MANY MASTERS by Dr. Brian Weiss, a graduate of Yale Medical School. He has conducted research in the area of PLR.

Another classic is LIVES BETWEEN LIVES by Dr. Michael Newton, a licensed psychologist, who investigates what happens to a soul in between and after incarnation.

tenacapcious

Other planets, other parallel universes. But I also believe in concurrent lives, which could explain why some of us even when we're happy and have love in our lives, never feel entirely complete. It's late here and I can't phrase it any better.

JUPITERASC

Earthly incarnations are not thought to be endless.
(Thank goodness for that.)
planet Earth is a transient phenomenon
Earthy incarnations obviously only occur for as long as planet Earth exists
:smile:
At some point we come off the karmic wheel

and move on to other realms.
There is no guarantee that those "other realms" are any better than planet Earth
Earth is said to be a very difficult plane of existence and as such produces
tough and resilient souls.
When finished with Earth incarnations, souls are able to move to other realms for continued work, growth and development.

For further information you might like to read the classic MANY LIVES MANY MASTERS by Dr. Brian Weiss, a graduate of Yale Medical School.
He has conducted research in the area of PLR.

Another classic is LIVES BETWEEN LIVES by Dr. Michael Newton,
a licensed psychologist, who investigates what happens to a soul in between and after incarnation.
Ian Stevenson (1918-2007) was a psychiatrist who worked for the University of Virginia School of Medicine for 50 years.
He was Chair of the Department of Psychiatry from 1957 to 1967,
Carlson Professor of Psychiatry from 1967 to 2001
Research Professor of Psychiatry from 2002 until his death.
He was founder and Director of the University of Virginia's Division of Perceptual Studies investigating parapsychological phenomena such as

(1) reincarnation,
(2) near-death experiences,
(3) out-of-body experiences,
(4) after-death communications,
(5) deathbed visions,
(6) altered states of consciousness and psi.

Stevenson was internationally recognized for research into reincarnation
by discovering evidence suggesting that memories and physical injuries can be transferred from one lifetime to another
:smile:
He traveled extensively over a period of 40 years, investigating 3,000 cases
of children around the world who recalled having past lives.
His meticulous research presented evidence that such children had unusual abilities, illnesses, phobias and philias
which could not be explained by the environment or heredity
http://www.near-death.com/reincarnation/research/ian-stevenson.html