Do I need to plan a vacation to avoid this solar return?

Advice:

• Avoid this solar return.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't avoid this solar return.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided/don't know.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

appleberry

I have been reading a bit about some of these first and second house placements and it's starting to worry me...

Here are my Natals and March 2013 Solar Return:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
I haven't looked at your charts, but I will say that while some people think being in a different location for your SR will somehow fool the Universe (a bit like carrying a rabbit's foot, don't you think?) unless you are planning to relocate permanently a vacation won't change anything.

what about your SR specifically is concerning you?

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29079

appleberry

I hadn't heard that before, good to know.
Relocation is a possibility, but it doesn't have to do with the Solar Return. Won't find out about that til end of January at the earliest though.

tsmall

Premium Member
I hadn't heard that before, good to know.
Relocation is a possibility, but it doesn't have to do with the Solar Return. Won't find out about that til end of January at the earliest though.

Is your birthday in March? Saturn will be at 10* Scorpio 35' retro right around March 25th. If so, a January relo would be shown in the SR for 2012, combined with the natal. Toss in profections for the 2012 year (that would be shown by your age, which can be figured from the positions of the outers in your natal, or we could just ask...)

If your relocation plans are firmed in late January this year, but won't manifest until after your next birthday, then the moving will also be shown in the SR chart.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
There's a lot of negative Fifth house stuff going on in the Solar Return, and I see several indicators for illness with the Lord of the SR L6 Square the SR L1, SR Mars opposite the natal Ascendant, natal L6 angular in the SR, and SR L6 opposite natal Venus.

I disagree somewhat with tsmall here in the ability to relocate and change one's solar return, but the question becomes something of a practical impossibility. What would you change? Where would you find a place that would have these changes? What changes would you prioritize over others? Even with the ability to change the house lords of the SR, you aren't going to be able to change the SR planets relations with the natal planets.

appleberry

Yes, well, I would vacation to avoid a bad solar return, but I wouldn't relocate just to avoid it. It just happens to be a possibility.

Unfortunately, I've looked at the possible relations and a few vacation possibilities and they seem scarier. Some don't change much from this and most of the others put the sun (and stellium) in H12 :( One puts both stelliums in H12, another puts both in h1...

I can add my 2012 Solar Return. Lol... I know you can figure out birth dat... But that doesn't make this any less a public forum and you're just better off not exposing your data online.

I assumed the illness part referred to my dog who is dying of cancer. He doesn't have much time left. He lives with my mother who loves him just as much as I do.

I am scared by those two stelliums in h1 and h2. The aspects are unavoidable obviously, but I wonder where they can function most favorably. I'm beginning to think this might be the best option.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
There is no such thing as a bad chart. There are charts where you are more limited, and there are charts where you need more discipline, and there are charts that tell you about potential pitafalls that you can avoid or reduce by right action.

That's what astrology is.

Your life is what it is and you chose it that way before you were born. This being the case, it also shows you both what you need to work on and where you need to put your energies.

Its not bad unless you choose to look at it that way. A solar return tells you where to put your effort during the next year.

Z

P.S.: While some people don't mind making inferences from Astrodienst pretty picture, many astrologers, myself included, need the actual birth data(and your current place of living) to use on our own expensive software, to make a judgement call.

gen6k

what you need to do this year is avoid going in to love.

since sun and venus are square pluto in the 12th.

this could be an overwhelming and destructive relationship.

with neptune and mercury opposite moon. you need to avoid day dreaming and second guessing boundries in terms of self and others.

the other attributes about the 1st are unwarrented.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
appleberry said:
Yes, well, I would vacation to avoid a bad solar return, but I wouldn't relocate just to avoid it. It just happens to be a possibility.

Unfortunately, I've looked at the possible relations and a few vacation possibilities and they seem scarier. Some don't change much from this and most of the others put the sun (and stellium) in H12 :( One puts both stelliums in H12, another puts both in h1...

Well, if this is something you're serious about let's see some of the other options you're looking into and see what we can do, if anything.

Moog

Interesting wheeze, though I've yet to see anything solid that suggests this works.

But if you wanted a holiday anyway. :shrug:

I'll likely never have the sponds to go avoiding my fate all over the world like some kind of crazy space playboy

dr. farr

Personally I do not believe that relocation (for less than several months) "works" to change a solar return: this is because I believe our energy fields are saturated with the Earth energy particular to the location we regularly inhabit, and the solar return energies meld with this in producing their effects upon us; it seems to take several months at a new location for a saturation of our fields with that new locational Earth energy to occur-less than that, we are still largely saturated with the energy of our previous residential location, so the SR would influence us as if we were still in that location. What about who are never in the same location more than a few months at a time? Then the solar return energies would interact with the Earth energies of the place of the individual at the time of the solar return.
However, the above is merely my own understanding and thoughts regarding this matter-nothing authoritative!!

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Morin argues this based on the idea that astrological signification follows the native through their life and isn't connected to any one place on Earth. So, if a Solar Return happens when a native is away from his native soil, they should take the place wherein they are. Otherwise you run into a problem of people who naturally travel all over the place due to their nature or profession who would be erecting different charts set for half a world away that wouldn't reflect the sky above them.

Just thought I'd chime in with this philosophy since everyone else was sharing theirs in the negative.