Cannot figure out this chart, user expecting Saturn return soon.

Osamenor

Staff member
If I am reading it right, will a large part of his Saturn return now consist of him gaining confidence and getting over that bad relationship with his father?

That could very well happen. At the very least, Saturn, being a father archetype, could indicate confronting his relationship with his father and what it means to him. Maybe confronting the father himself, if he's still alive and your friend has contact with him.

Saturn return is associated with maturing, and maturing naturally means a shift in our relationship with our parents. Some people have become parents themselves by then, or become parents at that time. If they do, then the way they were parented is really going to be front and center for them. Which might mean "aha, I see why my parents did what they did," or might mean, "NO WAY am I ever doing to my kid what my parent(s) did to me!" or might mean any of a number of more complicated thoughts. Plus, that also adds a layer of relating to your parents not only as your parents, but as your child's grandparents.

Another way this might play out is dealing with a parent's illness or death. It won't necessarily happen at Saturn return, but by the time we get to that age, our parents are getting to an age when that's more likely, so there is the very real possibility of that. Those events would also prompt a serious look at a relationship with a parent.

The less flashy but no less meaningful version of that would simply be a shifting of the relationship, with your actual parents if you currently have them present in your life, or at least in your mind. In some cases, though, if the relationship with a parent really has been toxic, that might be the point where you say, "No more, not putting up with this," and cut them off. That's also a very Saturnian thing to do.